Experiences With Drinking Liquid Minoxidil ( With/without Finasteride )

TitsWillSag

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely, with the amount of drops required to match the dose of a pill, the bottle must last above six months.

I have been reading his story for inspiration, along with a few others, and it has definitely brought interest to me. In terms of results, many see a significant improvement in hair density after just three months, which is displayed within one of the studies regarding oral minoxidil.

View attachment 136812

Looking at the ‘clinical response’ section, with oral minoxidil being used alone, most people are responding as a ‘2’ or ‘3’. With most of them using it at a dose of 5mg/day, which has lead me to making the decision to increase my dosage (I started taking 5mg/day today, instead of the previous dosage). And, interestingly enough, people who previously used topical minoxidil and switched to the oral version had a response rating of ‘3’.

View attachment 136813

This is an example of the results, most likely the best responder within the group, who was using 5mg/day (as monotherapy) for three months. Combining oral minoxidil with 5AR inhibitors will probably have the most lasting results, though, and the most significant results.
Planning to do the same after Finasteride gave me Reflex Hyperandrogenicity.

My story and situation is perfectly the same as @CrownBalding

TitsWillSag

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long were you on finasteride for? any before and after pics to show the damage finasteride did?
Bro i will make a thread very soon. I will upload pictures and complete story on it.

the damage is real. I have lost 50% of my density. This is no joke !!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started to drink topical minoxidil like maybe three weeks ago. There is not so many user writing their experiences about oral minoxidil so here is mine, I started with 5 mg then after a week increased the dosage to 10 mg, 5 in the morning, 5 in the night. After that I've had some issues with edema in the lower limbs but it only took one week. My suggestions to having problems with edema are drink lots of water I mean at least 3 lt per day and do some cardio maybe jogging, limit the salt intake and drink two cups of green tea. That was enough for me.

And there is the shedding part. I'd literally lost so many hair first three weeks. It's start to decrease now these days. I know some shedding in minoxidil is normal but when I started topical it's not this much shedding. I thought since I was already using topical so I dont have this much shedding. Is it normal to shed in this situation? And do you know how long is gonna take these shedding part? Do you know when did you see the first signs of regrowth and did you recover all the hair that you lost since starting oral minoxidil?

It’s normal to shed when using oral minoxidil, maybe more than the topical since oral minoxidil is more powerful. It’s estimated that the shedding lasts up to six weeks or so, and then the regrowth starts becoming evident at three months.

Do you mix your liquid minoxidil into water? Do you have three bottles per day, or three cups?

Davgogs

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s normal to shed when using oral minoxidil, maybe more than the topical since oral minoxidil is more powerful. It’s estimated that the shedding lasts up to six weeks or so, and then the regrowth starts becoming evident at three months.

Do you mix your liquid minoxidil into water? Do you have three bottles per day, or three cups?

I can't recommend anything it's just based on my experiences but I'm trying to take less than 3g salt everyday, drinking 3 or maybe 4 liters water and drink two cups of green tea because of diuretic effect. You can also add coffee and some cardio too it was helpful for me. Also you can divide the dosage to twice a day I think that way it's easier to adapt. And I think when you increased the dosage you should expect some swelling but in my case it decreased day by day and after one week it dissolved completely.

I drink minoxidil first and then water. But it's basically the same. I tried drink min alone, drink with tap water and drink with different brand waters but I always get some swelling in the first week.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't recommend anything it's just based on my experiences but I'm trying to take less than 3g salt everyday, drinking 3 or maybe 4 liters water and drink two cups of green tea because of diuretic effect. You can also add coffee and some cardio too it was helpful for me. Also you can divide the dosage to twice a day I think that way it's easier to adapt. And I think when you increased the dosage you should expect some swelling but in my case it decreased day by day and after one week it dissolved completely.

I drink minoxidil first and then water. But it's basically the same. I tried drink min alone, drink with tap water and drink with different brand waters but I always get some swelling in the first week.

Luckily, I still have some spironolactone and can use that for its diuretic effects. Have you noticed thickening of body hair?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is going to create massive issues with your heart. Oral minoxidil is far worse than topical. Liquid minoxidil drinking is just stupid. This isn’t a treatment your body will be able to handle or profit from it for more than ten years so I consider it pointless. It can’t halt Androgenetic Alopecia, it’s mechanism leads to “ill hair strands”, stopping it will destroy your hairline like an atomic bomb. It can lead to skin issues, your whole face will sag, dark circles due to low bp, long term it will create ear buzz that won’t go away. It isn’t a hair loss treatment. It should not be consumed from mouth, we have something called esophagus that is VERY gentle to such chemicals. I advise always based on one’s overall health. If you want to poison yourself go ahead.

Get the f*** away from my thread, no one wants to be bald like you

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t tell DONT take treatment. I have a moral obligation to warn people and lay down the positives and negatives. You can drink cat piss too if you think it helps. A hair loss community btw isn’t just about treatments and there is a lot of racism and lying as it is. Half baldies calling out baldies, people with no Androgenetic Alopecia losing hair for a decade and so on

No one in this thread is asking for baldness support, we are discussing about oral minoxidil. If you want to create a thread about baldness support, go and do that, but don't go and spread your nonsense here.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only one who doesn’t fit here is you. You should be in women’s section. Besides the fact I can beat your a$$ up with one arm, I pinpoint the dangers of oral minoxidil for anyone who might be reading. I will invade any thread you make at any point I see appropriate, especially when I see you talking sh1t. That’s what you get for being an arrogant sissy, you get bullied.

I couldn’t care less if you could beat me up, you are still bald and you automatically lose. If I’m asking for peoples experiences of drinking liquid minoxidil, they are most likely already on the medications and are aware of the side effects. I don’t care if you are ‘bullying’ me, because it’s not effecting my life.

Davgogs

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see you're peein' in you pants little sissy boy

Hey pal just because you lost all of your hair doesn't mean that we should too, so please shut the f*ck up. No one wants to read your comments. They're useless. Everyone using oral minoxidil is more or less aware of the risks and can decide for themselves. So basically you're useless. You said you just take it as your duty to inform people about risks but in reality you have nothing better to do right? I hope you'll get some professional help soon. :)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Planning to do the same after Finasteride gave me Reflex Hyperandrogenicity.

My story and situation is perfectly the same as @CrownBalding
How long have you tried finasteride for? At first I thought I had reflex hyperandrogenecity after losing a lot of ground after a few months on finasteride. But since then it seems to be about the same and I’ve been on finasteride for about 20 months

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
reflex hyperandrogenicity is a myth (when it comes to finasteride/Duta) as is post finasteride syndrome

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
reflex hyperandrogenicity is a myth (when it comes to finasteride/Duta) as is post finasteride syndrome
I think you’re probably right. When people get on finasteride they’re usually freaking out and their judgement isn’t very reliable.

I’m speaking from experience, of course

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Myth my a**. How do you justify the fact that some people only had mild thinning on either their crown and temples and they take finasteride and then suddenly start losing hair all over the f’in head ?

Personally, I think the increase of testosterone due to finasteride can lead to issues within some people, but that’s just my opinion. I feel like that’s why some people also experience higher sebum production and acne due to finasteride.