Experiences With Drinking Liquid Minoxidil ( With/without Finasteride )

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm aware that some members on this site drink minoxidil, and I'm curious about how you consume it. I have been mixing it with bottle water (not tap water, since it can have an overly alkaline pH) which has the closest pH to purified water, which is one of the ingredients within the liquid (between a pH of 6.5 and 7.5). I don't think it would dilute the minoxidil within the water, as long as the entire amount of water is drank. I'm currently using around 3mg of the liquid minoxidil, mixed within half a bottle of water.

(My regimen before drinking the liquid minoxidil was 50mg/day of bicalutamide, 2mg/day of estradiol and 0.5mg/day of dutasteride)

What are your methods of drinking the liquid, and how much do you consume?

EDIT: I have found a bottled water which has the same pH (7) as the purified water within liquid minoxidil, and the brand is Volvic. That’s what I have been using to mix the liquid minoxidil in, just as a precaution to not potentially disturb the formula.

Last edited:

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would advise most people to not waste their time on minoxidil (by itself), at best would stimulate some hair growth for 6-24 months before being rekt again and facing the cold hard truth that it is nothing more than a stimulant which doesn't tackle the root cause of the issue.

You can drink it, swallow it, put it up your anus, it is minimally effective.

From someone who has been taking it for the last 6 years.

mohamed humaidan

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to use this for a life time other wise once you stop using it all the gains would shed along with the original hair as well and not to mention some who have used it reported itching , irritating skin , rash , redness etc...
best is hair transplant and thats it :)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to use this for a life time other wise once you stop using it all the gains would shed along with the original hair as well and not to mention some who have used it reported itching , irritating skin , rash , redness etc...
best is hair transplant and thats it :)

Oral minoxidil doesn’t lead to those effects on the skin, the topical does due to skin sensitising ingredients such as alcohol. I want to use it for a lifetime, if it is beneficial. I don’t want a hair transplant, I would much rather permanently use oral minoxidil and save money whilst having better results than a transplant.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I drank minoxidil for a month. I had the spray version of minoxidil like this ;
https://www.minoxidilspray.com/wp-content/uploads/Minoxidil-precision-spray-1.jpg

1 spray is equal to 0.2 ml minoxidil which is equal to 10 mg minoxidil so 1 spray is quite enough.

It has really bad taste so you might wanna jump onto water after you drink it. Just drink it and wait a bit after that drink 1 glass of water.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I drank minoxidil for a month. I had the spray version of minoxidil like this ;
https://www.minoxidilspray.com/wp-content/uploads/Minoxidil-precision-spray-1.jpg

1 spray is equal to 0.2 ml minoxidil which is equal to 10 mg minoxidil so 1 spray is quite enough.

It has really bad taste so you might wanna jump onto water after you drink it. Just drink it and wait a bit after that drink 1 glass of water.

I have been some drops into half a bottle of water, and then drinking that instead. Would that be alright, too? I just can’t stand the taste on its own, I can’t swallow it. My dosage ranges between 3 and 4mg, it seems.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been some drops into half a bottle of water, and then drinking that instead. Would that be alright, too? I just can’t stand the taste on its own, I can’t swallow it. My dosage ranges between 3 and 4mg, it seems.

I think it would be alright unless you let it dissolve into water for couple of days.In liquid minoxidil versions they use pure water so i don't know how it would effect if you mix it with ordinary water.That's why i was drinking it without mixing with water just to be sure.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a 1ml syringe to measure out an accurate dose then put it in a size 1 capsule and then just wash it down with some water.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it would be alright unless you let it dissolve into water for couple of days.In liquid minoxidil versions they use pure water so i don't know how it would effect if you mix it with ordinary water.That's why i was drinking it without mixing with water just to be sure.

That’s correct. I was curious about its formulation requiring a particular pH to thrive, so I’ve decided to search the pH of the ingredients. Since it’s being mixed into water, I decided to use a particular bottled water (with a pH of 7, like purified water) instead of tap water since the pH of tap water can end up being overly alkaline. I don’t think the pH matters too much as long as the active is consumed, but it’s always best to be on the safe side.

I use a 1ml syringe to measure out an accurate dose then put it in a size 1 capsule and then just wash it down with some water.

Im going to try the capsule method, it might put my mind at ease when thinking if the minoxidil got stuck to the sides to the bottle rather than consumed... o_O

Guglielmo123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would advise most people to not waste their time on minoxidil (by itself), at best would stimulate some hair growth for 6-24 months before being rekt again and facing the cold hard truth that it is nothing more than a stimulant which doesn't tackle the root cause of the issue.

You can drink it, swallow it, put it up your anus, it is minimally effective.

From someone who has been taking it for the last 6 years.

Are you indicating that after 24 months even your monoxidil grown hairs fall out? Making Minoxidil useless? Would minoxidil with finasteride stop that?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you indicating that after 24 months even your monoxidil grown hairs fall out? Making Minoxidil useless? Would minoxidil with finasteride stop that?

I'm indicating that effectiveness goes down the drain after a while with minoxidil. Yes minoxidil mixed with finasteride would help.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bros you got to got to take a turkey baster and shoot it straight up your ***. Be sure to clench and ram that butt plug in as soon as you can.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Um, I’m all for xperiments in the name of science, but no one is ever going to convince me that drinking minoxidil is a good idea...

That’s fine, but this isn’t the place for criticism. I just want to know peoples experiences with it.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy would’ve been able to give you his thoughts but I think he hasn’t been here in close to a year unfortunately. From what I remember, he believed it was working well for him although his hair loss was minimal. After being here for multiple years (I believe) he finally said he was cured and basically made a goodbye post. This was soon after starting liquid minoxidil orally.

I’ve always wanted to try it cause I can’t be bothered rubbing that sh*t on my scalp twice a day. Would love to hear other opinions.

I’m not sure about dosages (oral or topical) but I remember him mentioning consuming the topical minoxidil orally yielded significantly more time with the bottle.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy would’ve been able to give you his thoughts but I think he hasn’t been here in close to a year unfortunately. From what I remember, he believed it was working well for him although his hair loss was minimal. After being here for multiple years (I believe) he finally said he was cured and basically made a goodbye post. This was soon after starting liquid minoxidil orally.

I’ve always wanted to try it cause I can’t be bothered rubbing that sh*t on my scalp twice a day. Would love to hear other opinions.

I’m not sure about dosages (oral or topical) but I remember him mentioning consuming the topical minoxidil orally yielded significantly more time with the bottle.

Definitely, with the amount of drops required to match the dose of a pill, the bottle must last above six months.

I have been reading his story for inspiration, along with a few others, and it has definitely brought interest to me. In terms of results, many see a significant improvement in hair density after just three months, which is displayed within one of the studies regarding oral minoxidil.

83F7D46B-D2BA-430D-9C76-AA24C5AF9711.jpeg

Looking at the ‘clinical response’ section, with oral minoxidil being used alone, most people are responding as a ‘2’ or ‘3’. With most of them using it at a dose of 5mg/day, which has lead me to making the decision to increase my dosage (I started taking 5mg/day today, instead of the previous dosage). And, interestingly enough, people who previously used topical minoxidil and switched to the oral version had a response rating of ‘3’.

5633766A-DB7F-4879-BABD-0F69367BBFDD.gif

This is an example of the results, most likely the best responder within the group, who was using 5mg/day (as monotherapy) for three months. Combining oral minoxidil with 5AR inhibitors will probably have the most lasting results, though, and the most significant results.

Davgogs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started to drink topical minoxidil like maybe three weeks ago. There is not so many user writing their experiences about oral minoxidil so here is mine, I started with 5 mg then after a week increased the dosage to 10 mg, 5 in the morning, 5 in the night. After that I've had some issues with edema in the lower limbs but it only took one week. My suggestions to having problems with edema are drink lots of water I mean at least 3 lt per day and do some cardio maybe jogging, limit the salt intake and drink two cups of green tea. That was enough for me.

And there is the shedding part. I'd literally lost so many hair first three weeks. It's start to decrease now these days. I know some shedding in minoxidil is normal but when I started topical it's not this much shedding. I thought since I was already using topical so I dont have this much shedding. Is it normal to shed in this situation? And do you know how long is gonna take these shedding part? Do you know when did you see the first signs of regrowth and did you recover all the hair that you lost since starting oral minoxidil?