EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a more serious note, I do not refute that people suffer with pills such as finasteride, what I am unable to reconcile is the amount of people taking it versus the amount of occurrences noted.

Sure, from a business standpoint, I would minimize the effects of the pill, but being out for 20+ years (If I am not mistaken), would I continue to risk my business? Again unless I am missing something.

Why even produce something that is possibly going to lead me liable?

Or

Are we men less likely speak up.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a more serious note, I do not refute that people suffer with pills such as finasteride, what I am unable to reconcile is the amount of people taking it versus the amount of occurrences noted.

Sure, from a business standpoint, I would minimize the effects of the pill, but being out for 20+ years (If I am not mistaken), would I continue to risk my business? Again unless I am missing something.

Why even produce something that is possibly going to lead me liable?

Or

Are we men less likely speak up.
Finasteride has a black box warning in some countries... and no one really 'owns' finasteride as far as I'm aware, there's multiple brands of it. Generic and so forth.

I think side effects are likely under reported outside of the internet. No one wants to admit they broke their dick because they wanted to keep their hair. When I got hit with finasteride side effects, I definitely felt shameful about it.

I also think there's a large group of (middle aged and older) people that are prescribed the drug and assume that the side effects are simply due to their age, especially if it was prescribed specifically for prostate issues.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has a black box warning in some countries... and no one really 'owns' finasteride as far as I'm aware, there's multiple brands of it. Generic and so forth.

I think side effects are likely under reported outside of the internet. No one wants to admit they broke their dick because they wanted to keep their hair. When I got hit with finasteride side effects, I definitely felt shameful about it.

I also think there's a large group of (middle aged and older) people that are prescribed the drug and assume that the side effects are simply due to their age.

That's fair that some think it could be age related.

Regardless of who "owns" or if it is generic, a company still makes it and would be liable no? IF so, why make it if the benefits did not out weigh the risks?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fair that some think it could be age related.

Regardless of who "owns" or if it is generic, a company still makes it and would be liable no? IF so, why make it if the benefits did not out weigh the risks?

I mean it's an FDA approved drug, I don't think there's any reason why a company would be hesitant to produce it. It's an antiandrogen/5ARi, it does what it's supposed to do, lol.

Assuming a person goes through the proper avenues to get prescribed the drug by a qualified physician, they should be more than well aware of the potential side effects.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, do you mean a regimen involving PGD2 antagonists?

PGD2 Inhibitors, DKK1 inhibitors, PGE2 Promoters, WNT agonists, etc.

NaNaMaOn

My Regimen
Reaction score
PGD2 Inhibitors, DKK1 inhibitors, PGE2 Promoters, WNT agonists, etc.

Interesting, I’m already using oral caster oil but I imagine that’s pretty small fry compared to other PGE2 promoters. Any sides from any of this stuff?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I’m already using oral caster oil but I imagine that’s pretty small fry compared to other PGE2 promoters. Any sides from any of this stuff?

Topical Cetirizine is probably one of the more popular/affordable ways of inhibiting PGD2 (I believe it also releases PGE2), I assume if it goes systemic, it could give you whatever sides are associated with it, such as drowsiness, nothing nearly as bad as a 5AR inhibitor.

Castor Oil is good for PGE2, however, there is evidence that it lowers testosterone in rats, so I don't personally use it, not orally anyway.

NaNaMaOn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Cetirizine is probably one of the more popular/affordable ways of inhibiting PGD2 (I believe it also releases PGE2), I assume if it goes systemic, it could give you whatever sides are associated with it, such as drowsiness, nothing nearly as bad as a 5AR inhibitor.

Castor Oil is good for PGE2, however, there is evidence that it lowers testosterone in rats, so I don't personally use it, not orally anyway.

I see that there’s a study currently being conducted comparing 1% Cetirizine to 5% Minoxidil. Has it really been seen to be as effective as minoxidil at promoting new regrowth?

Ah, I didn’t know that, will keep it in mind.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see that there’s a study currently being conducted comparing 1% Cetirizine to 5% Minoxidil. Has it really been seen to be as effective as minoxidil at promoting new regrowth?

Ah, I didn’t know that, will keep it in mind.
There is a study on it's PGD2 inhibiting properties with pictures of results here: https://sci-hub.se/https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28604133/#
Raising PGE2 in rats: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7741033/

As far as it being comparable to minoxidil, can't say, we'll have to wait for that study. But the pictures in the first study seem to show pretty significant results, imo. Min never did anything for me other than make my face puffy and give heart palpitations.

NaNaMaOn

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a study on it's PGD2 inhibiting properties with pictures of results here: https://sci-hub.se/https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28604133/#
Raising PGE2 in rats: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7741033/

As far as it being comparable to minoxidil, can't say, we'll have to wait for that study. But the pictures in the first study seem to show pretty significant results, imo. Min never did anything for me other than make my face puffy and give heart palpitations.

Wow, promising results indeed, maybe I should give this stuff a try. Have you a similar positive experience with the drug? Yeah I’d really rather not mess with my heart like that, which is why I have steered clear of Minoxidil entirely.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, promising results indeed, maybe I should give this stuff a try. Have you a similar positive experience with the drug? Yeah I’d really rather not mess with my heart like that, which is why I have steered clear of Minoxidil entirely.

I've not been on it longterm to give it a fair assessment. I have PGE2 powder coming this week. Ceti/PGE2 will be my base protocol for the forseeable future seeing as I can't utilize 5ARis or AAs and have no interest in doing so.

Westonci had promising results with Seti (PGD2 inhibitor) and PGE2+Microneedling before dropping it due to religious reasons. You can check his thread here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ernative-to-finasteride-and-minoxidil.113910/

In theory, it should be possible to replicate his results, especially since he attributes most of his regrowth to PGE2.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol this sucks, but I'd still rather get the sides than lose my hair before my twenties lmao. Also, it's the only affordable treatment for young people when you compare it to RU or CB.

Also, for me, the impact of hair loss is basically the same as finasteride's sides.

It sucks that you have to risk these sides to keep your hair, but if it works and is safe enough to be FDA approved, then I'll use it

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol this sucks, but I'd still rather get the sides than lose my hair before my twenties lmao. Also, it's the only affordable treatment for young people when you compare it to RU or CB.

Also, for me, the impact of hair loss is basically the same as finasteride's sides.

It sucks that you have to risk these sides to keep your hair, but if it works and is safe enough to be FDA approved, then I'll use it
Might as well use bicalutamide then because finasteride is very unlikely to stop all your hairloss if you started before your 20s. Speaking from personal experience

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought that bicaliutamide was a prostate cancer treatment lol, did you try dutasteride before moving to bicaliutamide?
Yep. If you started balding thst early you need to suppress more AR signaling than just what comes from DHT. Sad to say but you’re probably fucked, don’t put your hopes into finasteride or dutasteride, they won’t hold you over past 25

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. If you started balding thst early you need to suppress more AR signaling than just what comes from DHT. Sad to say but you’re probably fucked, don’t put your hopes into finasteride or dutasteride, they won’t hold you over past 25
Damn that sucks, I guess I'll have to pray that I can keep my hair with meds till 25, and then start looking into hair systems / transplants, because idk how comfortable I am with using HRT drugs to keep my hair

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I cringe whenever I see people say stuff like this.

Being depressed over hair loss is mostly a choice, it's about your perspective and attitude. Does it suck to lose your hair? Ofcourse. But it's something you can get over. And if hair is truly THAT important to you, there's always hair systems that look pretty good these days that don't involve altering hormones.

My point, being depressed about hair loss is different than being depressed because you've altered your hormones and neurotransmitters in a way that cause you to feel morbidly depressed. Same with libido, having a low libido because your self esteem is shot is not the same thing as no longer being attracted to women or having a cold, numb c*** that you feel no pleasure in.

This isn't to scare you away from finasteride, just to make it clear, being sad over losing your hair is not even in the same realm of side effects you could experience with a 5ARi assuming you get hit with the worst of them. People don't understand this until they get hit with sides themselves.