EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would argue it is probably one of the most damaging drugs a man can take
You must have led a very sheltered life to make that statement.

I'll continue to make my own choices as regards to my own health and wellbeing, I would suggest everyone else does the same.

Anyway good luck with your recovery.

P/S. There a good chance propeica's days are numbered, I doubt Organon will have the same depth of financial pockets available as Merck to hold off the lawsuits if they escalate, the 25 year product legacy has been already been reached, they may not have the stomach for it to keep it going beyond 35 years etc. so in that regards your wish is liable to be granted.

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'll continue to make my own choices as regards to my own health and wellbeing, I would suggest everyone else does the same.

P/S. There a good chance propeica's days are numbered, I doubt Organon will have the same depth of financial pockets available as Merck to hold off the lawsuits if they escalate, the 25 year product legacy has been already been reached, they may not have the stomach for it to keep it going beyond 35 years etc. so in that regards your wish is liable to be granted.
Arguing with people who have PFS over the safety of finasteride is like going to a pro-life rally and promoting abortion. You're wasting your time.

As unlikely as it is for finasteride's FDA approval status to be revoked, I could care less whether or not it occurs. Just let individuals who have researched the medication take it at their own risk off-label, similar to what is done for dutasteride and topical finasteride.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arguing people who have PFS over the safety of finasteride is like going to a pro-life rally and promoting abortion. You're wasting your time.
Yep I know, ive been in quarantine again. too much free time staring at the wall.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My main view on finasteride ED side effects, is this, when I started taking it in 2000, it was know that it can cause ED, the pamphlet said it, doctors were saying it and the forums were saying it, in spite of this I still took it, that was my decision that I made almost 22 years ago, back then It was self prescribed by myself, but my position is still the same now as it was then, had I gotten ED from it, that wouldn't have made me anti-finasteride, I would have been annoyed yes, felt foolish yes, but ultimately it was my choice to take a drug that has a know side effect of ED.

Fast forward almost 22years and people are still talking about the same thing, if people in the US want to blame the FDA or anybody else then its up to them, But like I said, when I took It I was fully aware of the ED issues and blaming anyone else would just make me a hypocrite.

This is my own personal view and opinion, based on my own morals and values if it differs from yours I don't care.

Nobody wants anyone to get sick or suffer from treating hair loss, so if people want to fight to stop this getting prescribed to people who are not aware of these issues then i am all for it, but I can't argue against my own personal experience on the drug and nobody should keep pushing me to do so.
sorry wrong person :rolleyes:

Merckilled

My Regimen
Reaction score

I cannot think of a more devastating drug for a man to take. I mean seeing your own penis shrink into nothingness alone is horrific enough. How about combined with other body disfigurements (gyno, weight gain, dry skin..), constipation and neurological issues that put you in a constant state of anxiety and lower your dopamine. And you stay like this years with no improvements reading other people's stories who have not recovered in decades. It is like living in hell, it is no wonder finasteride has a long trail of suicides behind it. I would have preferred a medication to kill me and I am not exaggerating.

This is something I wouldn't wish on anyone and I hope no one here every experiences it. It is truly horrible.

Thank you for your wishes much appreciated.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot think of a more devastating drug for a man to take. I mean seeing your own penis shrink into nothingness alone is horrific enough. How about combined with other body disfigurements (gyno, weight gain, dry skin..), constipation and neurological issues that put you in a constant state of anxiety and lower your dopamine. And you stay like this years with no improvements reading other people's stories who have not recovered in decades. It is like living in hell, it is no wonder finasteride has a long trail of suicides behind it. I would have preferred a medication to kill me and I am not exaggerating.

This is something I wouldn't wish on anyone and I hope no one here every experiences it. It is truly horrible.

Yep I don't actually wish anyone any i'll health despite what it comes across as, I'm fairly careful about not suggesting to people what they should take and usualy only give advice to guys who are already on it. I wouldn't want anyone to have an experience like you just wrote about in your last post because i had advised them what to take.
arguing in bad faith
my posts can appear skewed as you have to think a certain way to understand where i'm coming from, I've usually already had the same argument in my head with myself beforehand, which you seamed to have already guessed, so I'm not actually arguing either way as my viewpoint and understanding of most subjects is kind of neutral.

not that my advice counts for much, but there's only one direction forward, the what, why, where and who's to blame only leads you places like this & conversations with nutcases like me.

So like I said, I hope you can find the solution.

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I can. CPA, bica, estradiol lol

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can. CPA, bica, estradiol lol
I brought a weeks worth of recreational drugs once, took 1 than put the rest in my pocket, an hour later I looked in my pocket and they were all gone.....felt pretty close to death that night

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the-great-and-powerful-oz-has-spoken.jpg

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you reached out to Kevin personally, I'm sure he would show you some love.

5rv2e6.jpg

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Photoshop Kevin Mann's head on there and it would be an accurate meme when talking about the fina cult.
i think the only one on a crusade are the anti finasteride guys and their black and white thinking

"100% of people who take finasteride will develop horrible sideeffects and who says otherwise is lying"

there is no point in argue with this

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the only one a crusade are the anti finasteride guys and their black and white thinking

"100% of people who take finasteride will develop horrible sideeffects and who says otherwise is lying"

there is no point in argue with this

Barely anyone of the anti-Finasteride people said 100% of the people who take Finasteride will get sides, but it is a high % of Finasteride users that will get sides, an unacceptable amount.

Seems you like to falsely overstate things, similar to how Pro-Finasteride studies and people like to falsely overstate efficacy.

Last edited:

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Literally none of the anti-Finasteride people said 100% of the people who take Finasteride will get sides, but it is a high % of Finasteride users that will get sides, an unacceptable amount.

Seems you like to falsely overstate things, similar to how Pro-Finasteride studies and people like to overstate efficacy. LOL.
the title of thread is literally "EVERYONE will get sideeffects eventually“, not "i think the published rate of side effects in medical studies might be too low, maybe its not 5% but 15%“ (i know this percentage will already trigger you)

the whole argumentation is literally "i got sideeffects and i read from other guys on the internet with similar experience so my conclusion is that everybody (meaning 100% or at least 99.9% ) will get horrible side effects and everyone who says otherwise is lying or false"

with zero studies to back it up ofc (except mouse studies (if mouses were like humans hairloss would be already cured by now) and the one study were they only recruited people from a forum called propeciahelp.com

sorry but this is too black and white for me

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the title of thread is literally "EVERYONE will get sideeffects eventually“, not "i think the published rate of side effects in medical studies might be too low, maybe its not 5% but 15%“ (i know this percentage will already trigger you)

the whole argumentation is literally "i got sideeffects and i read from other guys on the internet with similar experience so my conclusion is that everybody (meaning 100% or at least 99.9% ) will get horrible side effects and everyone who says otherwise is lying or false"

with zero studies to back it up ofc (except mouse studies (if mouses were like humans hairloss would be already cured by now) and the one study were they only recruited people from a forum called propeciahelp.com

sorry but this is too black and white for me

You made it seem as if all anti-Finasteride people think 100% of the people who use Finasteride would get sides, which isn't the case.

Also, it's way more than 15% that get sides on Finasteride. More than 30% even. Probably even between 40 to 50%.

If it was only 15% then why would a forum like this which had a poll with Real people who are both pro and anti-Finasteride (not mice) show 55% voted to say they actually had side effects.

Also, besides the forum poll, there's been many studies proving this and not just in mice.

Also, it's ironic you should talk about legitimacy of studies when both Merck and the FDA have been found to not be trustworthy on many many occasions.

Ya'll can have double blind studies and still have data manipulated by Big Pharma so not sure what your point is.

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is supposed to protect Americans from harmful drugs. But in reality, FDA-approval does not guarantee safety. Critics say Big Pharma funds FDA reviews of new drugs, creating a conflict of interest. The agency is too focused on approving drugs to appease Big Pharma and it lacks the proper authority and funding to protect the public"

Like I always say, Big Pharma secretly funds trials. It's pretty obvious the FDA can't be trusted as well as those pro-Finasteride studies which can easily be secretly funded by Big Pharma, especially when theres so many studies that prove completely opposite results showing how bad Finasteride truly can be.

Even Merck themselves admit not knowing what the long term effects are for younger men in their official FDA approval letter:

Most of those "independent" studies about Finasteride that happen to also be pro-Finasteride results are from dermatologists aka the ones who prescribe it, there's a conflict of interest with many of them.

And a meta analysis has been done:

Adverse Event Reporting in Clinical Trials of Finasteride for Androgenic Alopecia: A Meta-analysis

Conclusions and relevance: Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with Androgenetic Alopecia is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased. In a cohort of men prescribed finasteride for routine treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia, most would have been excluded from the pivotal studies that supported US Food and Drug Administration approval for Androgenetic Alopecia. Published reports of clinical trials provide insufficient information to establish the safety profile for finasteride in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Also another interesting article about the "pharma conspiracy" from Harvard:

"The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier.

Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.

This evidence indicates why we can no longer trust the FDA to carry out its historic mission to protect the public from harmful and ineffective drugs. Strong public demand that government “do something” about periodic drug disasters has played a central role in developing the FDA.2 Yet close, constant contact by companies with FDA staff and officials has contributed to vague, minimal criteria of what “safe” and “effective” mean."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027_123203.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027_123203.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 51

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You made it seem as if all anti-Finasteride people think 100% of the people who use Finasteride would get sides, which isn't the case.

Also, it's way more than 15% that get sides on Finasteride. More than 30% even. Probably even between 40 to 50%.

If it was only 15% then why would a forum like this which had a poll with Real people who are both pro and anti-Finasteride (not mice) show 55% voted to say they actually had side effects.

''It is estimated that 5ARI are used by more than 2.5 million males in the United States''

So what is the general consensus on this? The figure of 1.25 million people a year getting side effects in United States sounds perfectly reasonable.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
''It is estimated that 5ARI are used by more than 2.5 million males in the United States''

So what is the general consensus on this? The figure of 1.25 million people a year getting side effects in United States sounds perfectly reasonable.

"b-b-but this online survery"

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, besides the forum poll, there's been many studies proving this and not just in mice.

Also, it's ironic you should talk about legitimacy of studies when both Merck and the FDA have been found to not be trustworthy on many many occasions.

Ya'll can have double blind studies and still have data manipulated by Big Pharma so not sure what your point is.

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is supposed to protect Americans from harmful drugs. But in reality, FDA-approval does not guarantee safety. Critics say Big Pharma funds FDA reviews of new drugs, creating a conflict of interest. The agency is too focused on approving drugs to appease Big Pharma and it lacks the proper authority and funding to protect the public"

Like I always say, Big Pharma secretly funds trials. It's pretty obvious the FDA can't be trusted as well as those pro-Finasteride studies which can easily be secretly funded by Big Pharma, especially when theres so many studies that prove completely opposite results showing how bad Finasteride truly can be.

Even Merck themselves admit not knowing what the long term effects are for younger men in their official FDA approval letter:

Most of those "independent" studies about Finasteride that happen to also be pro-Finasteride results are from dermatologists aka the ones who prescribe it, there's a conflict of interest with many of them.

And a meta analysis has been done:

Adverse Event Reporting in Clinical Trials of Finasteride for Androgenic Alopecia: A Meta-analysis

Conclusions and relevance: Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with Androgenetic Alopecia is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased. In a cohort of men prescribed finasteride for routine treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia, most would have been excluded from the pivotal studies that supported US Food and Drug Administration approval for Androgenetic Alopecia. Published reports of clinical trials provide insufficient information to establish the safety profile for finasteride in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Also another interesting article about the "pharma conspiracy" from Harvard:

"The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier.

Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.

This evidence indicates why we can no longer trust the FDA to carry out its historic mission to protect the public from harmful and ineffective drugs. Strong public demand that government “do something” about periodic drug disasters has played a central role in developing the FDA.2 Yet close, constant contact by companies with FDA staff and officials has contributed to vague, minimal criteria of what “safe” and “effective” mean."
yap, trusting online surveys on a random forum is ofc better then these studies

thats the problem with your percentages too - you literally pull this out or your *** this not how you can lead a discussion

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Already had a debate with him here some time ago, he got triggered about someone here posting a thread about his past.

What? There are a ton of studies showing the dangers of finasteride and most had nothing to do with propeciahelp, lol at this cope. Even Merck themselves admitted they didn't know the long term hormonal effects for young men taking finasteride.
show me 1 study (that doesnt recruited their members from propeciahelp.com) that shows 60%-100% (the numbers you operating here) develops side effects

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yap, trusting online surveys on a random forum is ofc better then these studies

thats the problem with your percentages too - you literally pull this out or your *** this not how you can lead a discussion

A "random forum", that's actually ironic because if it was some low quality website you yourself wouldn't be using it, but here you are having posted 383 messages. If it was some random forum you're saying a lot about yourself for using it for so long.

Also, it's not just any forum, it's a hairloss forum. Its also one of the biggest and most popular hairloss forums on the internet.

Furthermore, a survey is a form of study. Just like there have been many pro-Finasteride people here, there are also anti-Finasteride people, so it's an excellent place to get an idea of how frequently side effects are on Finasteride.
Where else would you like studies to be taken? With people who also haven't taken any hairloss medication? Or only clearly funded studies (because how else are they to fund such expensive studies) that have data manipulated?

I've clearly shown that the FDA nor Merck can be trusted and they did what is considered "proper studies" for all drugs they pass to market, but obviously by the fact that there's so many deaths (4th highest number of deaths in the US are from Prescription drugs), then obviously a lot is wrong with the FDA that even their "proper studies" can't be trusted by what they release to market and obviously they must be clearly understating side effects.

Last edited: