EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually just lost all respect for you with this comment. Its clear that you will look for any reason and try to make up excuses simply because it doesn't fit your narrative. You do realize we literally have about 30 to 40 different people probably watching this very thread and theres usually always atleast 5 people who have watched the thread to be online at the same time.

I'm so confident that myself and Merckilled are different people I will literally give you my cell phone number via DM where you can call me and I will respond on the call with the word you tell me to. And you can do the same with Merckiller.

Merckiller and I are probably from different countries but don't use that as an excuse that you don't have airtime for 2 international calls, call us and see :D

I eagerly await you to DM both of us for our cell phone numbers and call us and you will hear two completely different people, probably from different countries :D Then you realize how ridiculous you have been.

But you probably won't because you don't believe your own false theory.

Just proving the lengths anti-Finasteride people will go to make up bullshit lol just lost all respect for you with this weak sh*t
Dont waste your time with him.He still believes that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer because not all smokers get it.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
1d3vOa0M0pisMuk8K2L-y3kG_3IDVGdRIc4xVDJ4KePVTySn-k.jpg

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
He still believes that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer because not all smokers get it.
People tend to have skewed position's on a lot of subjects and like to take a moral high ground at every opportunity, Ive had a friend give me his 2 hour ''my body is a temple spiel'' and that he only eat's organic food because of how bad all the food in a supermarket is, knowing that's probably where I shop, then 5 minutes later, he's reaching under his bed for a Cr**k pipe.

Reactions: 300

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pro-Finasteride people that are also extremely biased
Just remember any healthy person who dismissed the side effects, and went to a doctor and asked for finasteride for a cosmetic condition, was pro-finasteride at the start, the out come shouldn't automictically change your whole opinion on a subject, its like thinking cars are ok then wanting them banned if you get run over.

Last edited:

meeza2021

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just remember any healthy person who dismissed the side effects, and went to a doctor and asked for finasteride for a cosmetic condition, was pro-finasteride at the start, the out come shouldn't automictically change your whole opinion on a subject, its like thinking cars are ok then wanting them banned if you get run over.
finasteride isn't like cigarettes in the first place lmao

Merckilled

My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't really get your point here and you are using another very flawed analogy again. Driving a car is not the same as taking a medication. Taking recreational drug is not the same...we have been over this. If someone was under the impression that the risk of a medication is low and transient but then found out permanent epi-genetic changes then of course his stance should change. You are in a way victim blaming. This is akin to blaming patients who took vioxx which was given to them by their doctor for their decision saying 'hey everything has risk' or how about the pregnant mothers who were given thalidomide?

I wish you would stop using fallacious reasoning and compare apples to apples. I think the conversation here, which is happening simultaneously in many forums with increasing numbers of reports, will produce changes in the coming years. People are becoming more outspoken about the effects of this drug, last week I had an appointment with another urologist and surprisingly he was much more aware of the problems. He said he had already seen a handful of young guys who complained about the same thing and he is now much more careful prescribing. I imagine in the coming decade even the trigger happy dermatologist will be more hesitant to prescribe it. I imagine doctors will lecture patients about the devastating side effect that could happen like a black-box warning IF it is still FDA approved by then. The work of people here is very important and will make a difference. For me I would do anything to prevent say my little brother for me taking this medication. Hopefully in the future doctors will understand this and prevent the future generation of young boys from being unwillingly castrated.

By the way, I was trying to see how this forum was like in the old days. I went back to the oldest pages from 2005 and guess what? People were reporting side effects and talking about irreversible damage then! One guy reported almost same issue as me said he had dead wrinkly penis. People who are advancing theory of nocebo should really research the topic a bit more and see how far back it goes because that is near the inception of finasteride.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really get your point here and you are using another very flawed analogy again. Driving a car is not the same as taking a medication. Taking recreational drug is not the same...we have been over this. If someone was under the impression that the risk of a medication is low and transient but then found out permanent epi-genetic changes then of course his stance should change. You are in a way victim blaming. This is akin to blaming patients who took vioxx which was given to them by their doctor for their decision saying 'hey everything has risk' or how about the pregnant mothers who were given thalidomide?

I wish you would stop using fallacious reasoning and compare apples to apples. I think the conversation here, which is happening simultaneously in many forums with increasing numbers of reports, will produce changes in the coming years. People are becoming more outspoken about the effects of this drug, last week I had an appointment with another urologist and surprisingly he was much more aware of the problems. He said he had already seen a handful of young guys who complained about the same thing and he is now much more careful prescribing. I imagine in the coming decade even the trigger happy dermatologist will be more hesitant to prescribe it. I imagine doctors will lecture patients about the devastating side effect that could happen like a black-box warning IF it is still FDA approved by then. The work of people here is very important and will make a difference. For me I would do anything to prevent say my little brother for me taking this medication. Hopefully in the future doctors will understand this and prevent the future generation of young boys from being unwillingly castrated.

By the way, I was trying to see how this forum was like in the old days. I went back to the oldest pages from 2005 and guess what? People were reporting side effects and talking about irreversible damage then! One guy reported almost same issue as me said he had dead wrinkly penis. People who are advancing theory of nocebo should really research the topic a bit more and see how far back it goes because that is near the inception of finasteride.

Completely agree. Well said.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
If someone was under the impression that the risk of a medication is low and transient
As a healthy person, in your mid 30's, You were uncomfortable about an non-medical condition, by your own admission you read the risk's, and dismissed them, you were pro-finasteride at this point so you made the choice to go to a medical professional than ask them for finasteride, if he had turned you down you may well have gone another dr .

now you are anti-finasteride and want somebody to be held accountable.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is akin to blaming patients who took vioxx which was given to them by their doctor
male pattern baldness is not a medical condition

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
At some point the only thing that will save you in life is personal responsibility.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bad analogy, as Merckiller said, but also, I along with others were greatly misinformed about Finasteride because sure many of us knew of the side effects, even if not directly discussed by the doctor/derm, but those side effects were made to seem as if it's extremely rare and that obviously isn't the case.

If I knew better I wouldn't have take Finasteride in the first place.

My brother literally asked me yesterday about DHT blockers and Propecia for the first time and all I had to do is tell him one or 2 possible bad side effects, and even though I could have gone on for minutes listing the side effects, he instantly said, "WTH! Luckily you told me, I definitely won't be trying it, I'm learning from your experience, why in the world did you take it with such side effects".

These forums help people get a lot more information than anywhere else. It also just shows how clueless the majority of people who don't use forums like this or read hairloss websites are to the potential side effects.

The narrative that pro-Finasteride people like to use "you can't expect to get a true opinion from a hairloss forum about Finasteride" is completely wrong because people on hairloss forums/websites are actually the most well informed. We have the studies and resources and articles. Who else should people be seeking advice from? The very doctors and dermatologists that prescribe the medication as hairloss patients make a big part of their salary? (conflict of interest) Or should they ask the uninformed people who have never even used Finasteride but think just because it's FDA approved it probably means something? (When we have already established FDA approval doesn't mean anything).
Or should they ask the people who have used Finasteride that they know irl? But where would they find a lot of those people to ask besides on a Hairloss Forum, which brings us full circle as to why there isn't anything wrong with people getting information from online hairloss forums/websites provided there is studies/articles backing up what they say.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont waste your time with him.He still believes that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer because not all smokers get it.
1. in opposite to finasteride they are many legitimate studies that back up smoking isnt very healthy

2. there is a difference between saying smoking increases the chances of getting lung cancer and saying everybody who smokes once will get lung cancer 100%. just like there is a difference between saying taking finasteride increases the chances of ED and saying EVERYBODY WHO TAKES FINASTERIDE WILL GET HORRIBLE SIDEEFFECTS. SOURCE: TRUST ME BRO I GOT (MEANING EVERYBODY ELSE WILL GET IT TOO) AND I READ SIMILAR REPORTS ON THE INTERNET SO CHANCES OF IT HAPPENING IS INDEED 100%

this is not how things work. its hysteric. its black and white thinking.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
The narrative that pro-Finasteride people like to use
Im not pro-finasteride, the ED dangers were reported in forums in 2000 and on the pamphlet since 97'
The narrative that pro-Finasteride people like to use "you can't expect to get a true opinion from a hairloss forum about Finasteride" is completely wrong
In places like the UK its available online though a registered pharmacy, without a face to face Dr. meeting and without sharing any medical records, they must have some confidence in the product in order to dispense it in this manor, it's literally being sold by the bucket load to anyone who wants it.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not pro-finasteride, the ED dangers were reported in forums in 2000.

In places like the UK its available online though a registered pharmacy, without a face to face meeting and without seeing any medical records, they must have some confidence in the product in order to dispense it in this manor.

It may have been stated previously sure, but the amount was far less than it is now. More and more people are becoming aware of the side effects and speaking up now than ever before and that's undeniable. Plus we have studies which only came out in recent years

Also, which hairloss online forum was around in the year 2000 ? Google was only founded in 1998, barely anyone relatively was using the internet or fluently atleast back then, or had access to it at such an early time, especially a hairloss forum. Yes they might have been some but obviously barely anyone would have been using them back then, relatively speaking. Also, people would have barely reported sides back then, also because barely anyone would have used Finasteride back then relatively, and anti-Finasteride and anti-FDA studies weren't around as much as there are now, so I'm not sure what your point of mentioning the year 2000 was.

I disagree about what you said about the UK. The UK does not have a high standard when it comes to their medical system.

The UK is the same country that is also allowing drugs/treatment to be administered to people, WITHOUT having completed the clinical trials process as long as the company/doctor doesn't advertise claims of its efficacy.

That just says it all.

I can understand fast tracking the clinical trial process like some Asian countries are doing like Japan but at least they still require clinical trials before administrating to people the treatment/drug. But, when you skip the trial process + don't allow the company/doctor to advertise the treatment is literally like saying "if it fails we don't want to take the blame because technically we didn't say it works".
It's actually ludicrous.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Driving a car is not the same as taking a medication. Taking recreational drug is not the same...we have been over this
Ok if it makes you happier i'll start comparing it to Botox from now on then that's also FDA-approved for cosmetic use.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
The UK does not have a high standard when it comes to their medical system.
Then you live in your safe FDA world and other people will take there chances based on the recommendations where they live.

I don't think the UK need's a lecture from American's about health standards.