Everyone That Wanted To See My sh*t Results On Finasteride - Here You Go

g.i joey

Reaction score
Why are you even on here so much? Aren't you maintaining with finasteride? What else can you get from this forum?

I feel like I'm not maintaining actually and definitely would've been long gone from here if I was having some of the results others had. But that's not the case so I'm just hoping I get some sort of results after I hit the 12th month. Honestly idc if you find me annoying or not, just because I speak what's on my mind and The people who "hate me" or are "annoyed" of me are usually The faggots I chose to call out. I don't really care, never had anything personal against you specifically though but you really over sold the amount of hair you've lost on finasteride and then under delivered with pictures that show maybe a SLIGHT decrease in hair count. (Taking your latest pic into consideration)

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm not maintaining actually and definitely would've been long gone from here if I was having some of the results others had. But that's not the case so I'm just hoping I get some sort of results after I hit the 12th month. Honestly idc if you find me annoying or not, just because I speak what's on my mind and The people who "hate me" or are "annoyed" of me are usually The faggots I chose to call out. I don't really care, never had anything personal against you specifically though but you really over sold the amount of hair you've lost on finasteride and then under delivered with pictures that show maybe a SLIGHT decrease in hair count. (Taking your latest pic into consideration)
Do you man, I am just here to get opinions on what to do. Honestly, I am happy to help anyone with hair loss issues, but the primary reason I am here is to get help for my own hair loss. And did you re-look through my whole first post? I have a significant decline in hair? What are you talking about?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@dralex ; honestly it is hard to tell if you are below baseline .
On the first pics you idn't pull your hair back, that is why it look perfect .

For me you are more or less the same . I expected way worse .
The bald patch you got is really weird .
Minoxidil didn't regrow this part ? you apply minoxidil only to hairline or also vertex ? No vertex thinning ?

for me you should stay on fina .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
all the studies about fina , were done with Norwood 3 or Norwood 3 vertex .
It seems that only the lucky one respond well at the hairline .

g.i joey

Reaction score
Do you man, I am just here to get opinions on what to do. Honestly, I am happy to help anyone with hair loss issues, but the primary reason I am here is to get help for my own hair loss. And did you re-look through my whole first post? I have a significant decline in hair? What are you talking about?

Same, at this point I'm just trying to help out the noobs and give my perspective on certain situations. Anyways, honestly I look at your pics and see maybe a little bit of decline in density when you show your latest pics. But I'm looking at your baseline pics and I mean your temples were pretty much as far back as they are now. Yes you had hair to cover it back then but I try to see where the temple recession stops on baseline and it looks very similar to where it is on your latest pics with your hair pulled back. What I'm saying is if you had hairloss like that 3 years ago and manage to look like this today, finasteride has definitely been doing something.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
@dralex ; honestly it is hard to tell if you are below baseline .
On the first pics you idn't pull your hair back, that is why it look perfect .

For me you are more or less the same . I expected way worse .
The bald patch you got is really weird .
Minoxidil didn't regrow this part ? you apply minoxidil only to hairline or also vertex ? No vertex thinning ?

for me you should stay on fina .
Unfortunately I didn't start taking photos of my hair pulled back til like 6 months into treatments. My hairline definitely has receded further at the temples, but that isn't my biggest concern. The big change is the amount of diffuse loss I have had, especially in the front of my hairline. Density was never an issue before, but it is pretty bad now. I am not questioning whether I have maintained, I know I haven't. My dermatologist even said I am not reacting well to treatments and told me to quit minoxidil, but said finasteride was still probably slowing the loss down, and I am just unlucky that I didn't respond well. I am just questioning whether I just stick with treatments. And minoxidil didn't regrow anything. I have no idea what caused the bald patch, but the irritation, inflammation, and itching was absolutely nuts for about 1 month, until this hair completely fell out and the irritation started fading. Had multiple tests done, and couldn't figure out what it was. I quit minoxidil a while back, but used to apply it to both hairline and vertex. No bald spot on vertex, and no thinner than rest of head. Looks the same as other areas that are diffuse thinning.

Also my hairline looks like it has slightly more density than it does because of some miniaturized hairs. I have a few miniaturized hairs at the front that only grow to like 2 inches, but have been there for like 1.5 years. If those few hairs fell out I would have a chunk of my hairline missing in the center.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same, at this point I'm just trying to help out the noobs and give my perspective on certain situations. Anyways, honestly I look at your pics and see maybe a little bit of decline in density when you show your latest pics. But I'm looking at your baseline pics and I mean your temples were pretty much as far back as they are now. Yes you had hair to cover it back then but I try to see where the temple recession stops on baseline and it looks very similar to where it is on your latest pics with your hair pulled back. What I'm saying is if you had hairloss like that 3 years ago and manage to look like this today, finasteride has definitely been doing something.
I agree I always had temple recession, and although it is worse, it hasn't changed significantly. Before I had great density and the way my hair laid it hid my temples, so the temple recession was no issue. Now my density is sh*t though. I am mostly concerned about the density at this point, especially at the hairline.

I wish I could gauge where I'd be at without finasteride by looking at one of my older brothers' hair, but neither of them have any hair loss.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I probably will get back on finasteride if you guys think that is smart....Want to let the dutasteride get out of my system first though. Ik the half life is like 5 weeks. Its only been 2 weeks off, so is my DHT probably still lower than it would be on fina?

g.i joey

Reaction score
I agree I always had temple recession, and although it is worse, it hasn't changed significantly. Before I had great density and the way my hair laid it hid my temples, so the temple recession was no issue. Now my density is sh*t though. I am mostly concerned about the density at this point, especially at the hairline.

I wish I could gauge where I'd be at without finasteride by looking at one of my older brothers' hair, but neither of them have any hair loss.

God dammit I'm in the same boat as you man, i can't say I'm losing ground because my hairline is the same, but I actually think I'm losing density throughout the whole top of my scalp. Our hair looks very similar when it's damp.

My dad was nw5 when he was 23. I'm 24 and around nw2a with an intact vertex. I knownfor a fact I'd be way worse off, but likely still losing density I think.

I feel you, not knowing where it's coming from or what your final pattern is must be frustrating as hell. But I still have to say for someone who was diffuse thinning/receding 3 years ago, you're not looking TOO bad for 3 years later.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
God dammit I'm in the same boat as you man, i can't say I'm losing ground because my hairline is the same, but I actually think I'm losing density throughout the whole top of my scalp. Our hair looks very similar when it's damp.

My dad was nw5 when he was 23. I'm 24 and around nw2a with an intact vertex. I knownfor a fact I'd be way worse off, but likely still losing density I think.

I feel you, not knowing where it's coming from or what your final pattern is must be frustrating as hell. But I still have to say for someone who was diffuse thinning/receding 3 years ago, you're not looking TOO bad for 3 years later.
I know it could be worse. I have a friend who started hair loss around the same time as me and is a NW5 now. It completely ruined his life. He got chronic depression, anxiety, and ended up failing out of college. Stopped talking to him after this cause its hard to be around someone like that, but god hair loss can be brutal. I am just thankful I can hide it pretty well with styling gels still. Really worried about when these miniaturized hairs on the center of hairline fall out completely. Don't usually use concealers put they help a bit with the center hairline. It is possible I inherited extremely agressive hair loss from somewhere and the finasteride has been slowing it down. My dad's hair loss was very agressive and fast when it kicked in, but his didn't start til he was in his 40s.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I know it could be worse. I have a friend who started hair loss around the same time as me and is a NW5 now. It completely ruined his life. He got chronic depression, anxiety, and ended up failing out of college. Stopped talking to him after this cause its hard to be around someone like that, but god hair loss can be brutal. I am just thankful I can hide it pretty well with styling gels still. Really worried about when these miniaturized hairs on the center of hairline fall out completely. Don't usually use concealers put they help a bit with the center hairline. It is possible I inherited extremely agressive hair loss from somewhere and the finasteride has been slowing it down. My dad's hair loss was very agressive and fast when it kicked in, but his didn't start til he was in his 40s.

I don't see a problem in you using concealers considering you still have an acceptable head of hair, which is what they're intended for. the only reason I don't use them is because I know idnget addicted, and the last thing I need is to be paranoid about wearing concealer, I'm already uneasy about my hair when I walk into a well lit room lol.

It's the gross nw5s like @sunchyme1 tjay aren't fooling anyone but themselves having a scalp full of makeup when they have like 5 hairs on their head.

Bro believe me, I'm actually open about my hairloss to my close friends so I'm always the guy they come to when they have questions about it, they know about my propecia use and all that lol, I'm talking close friends though, and they haven't told anyone Else afaik. i have a friend 6"1 who was a fkn slayer in hischool and even 2-4 years after that get destroyed by hairloss. Dude was really dating 10s I swear on my life I'm not exaggerating and now recently got broken up with by like a 6, to give some perspective. Safe to say hairloss destroyed all his confidence and I've never seen him take a breakup as rough as he is now. Hairloss at a young age is a whole different level of shitty idgaf what anyone says, but I can never have the same sympathy for a balding 35 year old than I'd have for a balding 18-25 year old.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
@g.i joey Also I know some people freak out about some temple recession, but I really don't care about temple recession at all. I think things start to look like sh*t when diffuse thinning kicks in and you can see right to their scalp, especially on the center hairline, or when vertex/crown balding starts.

Henry Cavil (Superman) has some significant temple recession, but I think his hair still looks amazing. Has really good density though. Also he is in his mid 30s...but still think that type of hair would look good on anyone post-teen years.
upload_2017-7-25_16-19-36.jpeg

g.i joey

Reaction score
@g.i joey Also I know some people freak out about some temple recession, but I really don't care about temple recession at all. I think things start to look like sh*t when diffuse thinning kicks in and you can see right to their scalp, especially on the center hairline, or when vertex/crown balding starts.

Henry Cavil (Superman) has some significant temple recession, but I think his hair still looks amazing. Has really good density though. Also he is in his mid 30s...but still think that type of hair would look good on anyone post-teen years.
View attachment 59150

Agreed big fkn time, v hairlines always looked cool to me even as a young kid before I even thought about hairloss. I remember wanting my hair to be like the bassist of the band "the devil wears Prada". Little did I know dude was receding pretty badly. Recession is a joke when the diffuse isn't a part of the equation. Suffering from recession only and no other thinning at all is literally balding on easy mode.

I actually was a pretty solid nw2 for a good 1-2 years before I even acknowledged my hairloss at all, I loved my hair and liked the full v look my hairline had when my hair was actually full. Then I remember working an overnight at the gas station I used to work at and being bored and noticed a little thinning at the tip of my hairline v, and that's when my hairloss went into OD and since then I can safely say that thEre hasn't been one god damn day that I haven't thought about my hairloss.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see a problem in you using concealers considering you still have an acceptable head of hair, which is what they're intended for. the only reason I don't use them is because I know idnget addicted, and the last thing I need is to be paranoid about wearing concealer, I'm already uneasy about my hair when I walk into a well lit room lol.

It's the gross nw5s like @sunchyme1 tjay aren't fooling anyone but themselves having a scalp full of makeup when they have like 5 hairs on their head.

Bro believe me, I'm actually open about my hairloss to my close friends so I'm always the guy they come to when they have questions about it, they know about my propecia use and all that lol, I'm talking close friends though, and they haven't told anyone Else afaik. i have a friend 6"1 who was a fkn slayer in hischool and even 2-4 years after that get destroyed by hairloss. Dude was really dating 10s I swear on my life I'm not exaggerating and now recently got broken up with by like a 6, to give some perspective. Safe to say hairloss destroyed all his confidence and I've never seen him take a breakup as rough as he is now. Hairloss at a young age is a whole different level of shitty idgaf what anyone says, but I can never have the same sympathy for a balding 35 year old than I'd have for a balding 18-25 year old.
Yeah same reason for me. Don't want to get addicted to them. Also my hair loss is still declining, so once I hit that point of not being able to use them anymore it would be a huge change when I stop. I still use a shitton of styling products, which honestly works much better than concealers for me given my wavy hair texture.
And yeah a few close friends know about my hair loss issues. Most know I am losing hair and that I am struggling with it, but only talked to a few close friends and brother about it. Always when we're drunk too lol.
And my friend who is the NW5 now, was the same way in high school and freshman year in college. Would say he was my best looking guy friend. Dude could get like any girl he wanted, and was pretty annoying even going out to clubs/bars with him cause he wouldn't be around for long and would end up with some hot girl.I would say his looks pretty much tanked from hair loss though. He does not look good bald at all, and wears a hat all the time now. He actually dumped his girlfriend, probably cause he was too stressed with the hair loss and everything piling on. He could still get girls with a hat on, but when they see a 20 year old balding at a NW4 level it is a pretty big turn off. He completely stopped going out and kind of became more sheltered so I stopped hanging out with him.
I have another friend who wasn't as close, who started losing his hair at 19 and his gf dumped him. His hair loss wasn't honestly that bad but was clearly affecting him significantly. He ended up committing suicide a couple years ago, and no one talks about it but I am fairly certain hair loss had a huge role in it.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually was a pretty solid nw2 for a good 1-2 years before I even acknowledged my hairloss at all, I loved my hair and liked the full v look my hairline had when my hair was actually full. Then I remember working an overnight at the gas station I used to work at and being bored and noticed a little thinning at the tip of my hairline v, and that's when my hairloss went into OD and since then I can safely say that thEre hasn't been one god damn day that I haven't thought about my hairloss.

Man I was the exact same. Hairline kind of had a V-shape when I was 18-19. I still had insane density though, and my hair is naturally way denser than most people. Made me look older, and girls actually digged it. Thought it was going to stay that way and thought it was just a mature hairline, especially because neither of my brothers have hair loss. At 20, the shedding kicked in big-time and thats when I jumped on treatments because I realized it was actual male pattern baldness kicking in.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Yeah same reason for me. Don't want to get addicted to them. Also my hair loss is still declining, so once I hit that point of not being able to use them anymore it would be a huge change when I stop. I still use a shitton of styling products, which honestly works much better than concealers for me given my wavy hair texture.
And yeah a few close friends know about my hair loss issues. Most know I am losing hair and that I am struggling with it, but only talked to a few close friends and brother about it. Always when we're drunk too lol.
And my friend who is the NW5 now, was the same way in high school and freshman year in college. Would say he was my best looking guy friend. Dude could get like any girl he wanted, and was pretty annoying even going out to clubs/bars with him cause he wouldn't be around for long and would end up with some hot girl.I would say his looks pretty much tanked from hair loss though. He does not look good bald at all, and wears a hat all the time now. He actually dumped his girlfriend, probably cause he was too stressed with the hair loss and everything piling on. He could still get girls with a hat on, but when they see a 20 year old balding at a NW4 level it is a pretty big turn off. He completely stopped going out and kind of became more sheltered so I stopped hanging out with him.
I have another friend who wasn't as close, who started losing his hair at 19 and his gf dumped him. His hair loss wasn't honestly that bad but was clearly affecting him significantly. He ended up committing suicide a couple years ago, and no one talks about it but I am fairly certain hair loss had a huge role in it.

Yeah my friends know about my hairloss but not how much I suffer, I try not to bring that energy with me when I go out, I get super down about it sometimes but on my own time. Damn literally sounds like we're talking about the same person, my boy has literally backed out of nights out if the club were going to has a dress code (which means no hats). One thing I told myself is never become a hat prisoner. Idk anything that's fake I can't deal with using, whether it's a wig or a hat or concealer. I'll just honestly feel like a phoney, no offence to others, I just can't do it.

Do you think hairloss had to do with the vocalist of linkin parks suicide?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Man I was the exact same. Hairline kind of had a V-shape when I was 18-19. I still had insane density though, and my hair is naturally way denser than most people. Made me look older, and girls actually digged it. Thought it was going to stay that way and thought it was just a mature hairline, especially because neither of my brothers have hair loss. At 20, the shedding kicked in big-time and thats when I jumped on treatments because I realized it was actual male pattern baldness kicking in.

Same at 21 it was done for me, I was officially balding, well diffusing. Sad part is I remember my hair dress r at 19 saying "you have a mature hairline but I don't think you should worry, you have so much of it!"

Kinda sucks to hear we have the same timeline and type of loss and finasteride is barely maintaining for both of us.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah my friends know about my hairloss but not how much I suffer, I try not to bring that energy with me when I go out, I get super down about it sometimes but on my own time. Damn literally sounds like we're talking about the same person, my boy has literally backed out of nights out if the club were going to has a dress code (which means no hats). One thing I told myself is never become a hat prisoner. Idk anything that's fake I can't deal with using, whether it's a wig or a hat or concealer. I'll just honestly feel like a phoney, no offence to others, I just can't do it.

Do you think hairloss had to do with the vocalist of linkin parks suicide?
Yeah I still wear hats ALL the time. Get compliments on my looks a lot when I am wearing a hat, not as much without a hat.

And I doubt it. Dude was 40. He probably had chronic depression from a lot of sh*t building up.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same at 21 it was done for me, I was officially balding, well diffusing. Sad part is I remember my hair dress r at 19 saying "you have a mature hairline but I don't think you should worry, you have so much of it!"

Kinda sucks to hear we have the same timeline and type of loss and finasteride is barely maintaining for both of us.
When I turned 20 I mentioned my temples receding to my hairdresser, and she was saying how insanely thick my hair was and that I would never have to worry about male pattern baldness. 6 months later I was on finasteride lol

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the blad patch was not cause by minoxidil ?
it scared me bro.
When you quit minoxidil it didn't worsen your vertex ? your healthy hair ?