Everyone That Wanted To See My sh*t Results On Finasteride - Here You Go

g.i joey

Reaction score
Yea man I know finasteride will hold me over for some time. I try to stay optimistic with these new treatments on the horizon yet I'm very skeptical. If something in the next 5 years can come out that will actually halt and regrow a good amount of hair I'll be ecstatic.

I wish i knew if finasteride was gonna hold me over, 11 months in and so far so good. But i would have fucken loved to get some closure on its effectiveness and longevity (for example some general thickening or regrowth of my hair). But i definitely feel ok with taking finasteride for another 5-6 years if we really got all this good sh*t coming through. How old are you again? i really think were gonna fkn make it brah!

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish i knew if finasteride was gonna hold me over, 11 months in and so far so good. But i would have fucken loved to get some closure on its effectiveness and longevity (for example some general thickening or regrowth of my hair). But i definitely feel ok with taking finasteride for another 5-6 years if we really got all this good sh*t coming through. How old are you again? i really think were gonna fkn make it brah!
Luckily for me I've responded very well, it'll be a year on finasteride st the end of this Oct. honestly I don't think my hairloss was entirely at the hands of standard male pattern baldness as I was stressed as fuuuarck. I'm an old man, 24. We are some sikkunts for sure.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Luckily for me I've responded very well, it'll be a year on finasteride st the end of this Oct. honestly I don't think my hairloss was entirely at the hands of standard male pattern baldness as I was stressed as fuuuarck. I'm an old man, 24. We are some sikkunts for sure.

Im jelly af, i wish i could wake up to hair gains day after day at the regrowth stage of finasteride. ill gladly take maintenance though as long as im assured at least that.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no way finasteride grew that back. It fell out due to severe irritation. I was afraid it was the minoxidil that caused it, but the doctor reassured me that there is no way minoxidil could do that. To this day have no idea what caused it. The scarring is mostly gone, but the hairs are still a weird texture there, and the density is much lower.

is that lichen planopilaris????

Holy sh*t did it destroy the follicles?

that is like my nightmare...I hope you are okay.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I read pages and pages of bickering I feel like I am back to elementary school

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
is that lichen planopilaris????

Holy sh*t did it destroy the follicles?

that is like my nightmare...I hope you are okay.
O sh*t that sounds like what it was. Not sure though. Got tested for any fungal infections and came back negative. Most hair started growing back tho so didn't do any more tests. Had scarring, but majority of hair grew back. Red spots and itching are completely gone there now. Hair is still a different texture but isn't really noticeable except in very front hairs are very damaged. Assumed they were just miniaturized hairs but I've had them for like 1.5 years now and they remain the same length so it's possible they are just damaged from the scarring and can't recover at this point. Was awful at the time but was almost 3 years ago. Took forever for the hair to recover from it tho.

It's kind of late for the hair I've lost in that area but do you know if there is anything I can do to help make those damaged hairs more healthy?

And if I have BDD for my hair loss it all started when that patch of hair fell out. Fucked me up, probs caused additional shedding from the stress as well.

Last edited: