Estradiol / Estriol - A Safe Therapy For Hair

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** it. I just ordered some Estradiol and Estriol. I don't care if I can only use it for a few months I just want to have thick hair again even if it's fleeting. This could be the last time I have good hair.

I'm going to use Estradiol first since it promotes more hair growth then after a few months when I start having dick problems I will switch to Estriol for maintenance since it is not as intense.

Good luck everyone.

Welcome to the crazy party. Also just LOL at the above. At least you know what to expect. :)

Try to use creams not tablets. Estrogen tablets go through the liver which then increases clotting factors increasing your risk of blood clots and also cancers from the metabolic byproducts. There's still risks from skin creams but they are much lower.

Also hope you're still combining it with a good anti-androgen. One does not replace the other.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome to the crazy party. Also just LOL at the above. At least you know what to expect. :)

Try to use creams not tablets. Estrogen tablets go through the liver which then increases clotting factors increasing your risk of blood clots and also cancers from the metabolic byproducts. There's still risks from skin creams but they are much lower.

Also hope you're still combining it with a good anti-androgen. One does not replace the other.

Lol thanks for the advice. yeah I ordered creams not pills. I actually don't know what an anti androgen is but if it's finasteride I already tried that and got too many sides.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Anyone is going to buy some S equol, DGLA from alibaba? Any trusted sellers you know of? I think it would be a good addition to my minoxidil.

I'm also adding estriol.

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been lurking here forever, never really posted much but since this topic is basically all about my questions I hope you don't mind my asking a question, you all seem very knowledgeble about hormones and their effects (my doctor is less than no help).

In the brotzu thread there was discussion about pregnancy hormones, and I think sam1 suggested that it would temporarily save a woman's hair but that it' not sustainable in the long term. Well, about a year ago I was optimistically imagining something real might be out by now and decided to get pregnant (I wanted to start a family anyway, but I was hoping this might save my hair too...)

So long story short, I'm due to have my baby in a month and its true that being pregnant has basically (temporarily) cured my hair problems. I look maybe 95% back to how it used to, which is bittersweet because it feels amazing to have hair again but I know it's all going to fall out after.

I have been wondering why I can't artificially create the same hormone levels that I have now using hormonal creams? I know they sell estrogen and progesterone creams on Amazon but I don' know what kind of estrogen would simulate the natural pregnancy estrogen or how much to take? What are the long term risks of this?

If this is off topic please feel free to ignore my post.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been lurking here forever, never really posted much but since this topic is basically all about my questions I hope you don't mind my asking a question, you all seem very knowledgeble about hormones and their effects (my doctor is less than no help).

In the brotzu thread there was discussion about pregnancy hormones, and I think sam1 suggested that it would temporarily save a woman's hair but that it' not sustainable in the long term. Well, about a year ago I was optimistically imagining something real might be out by now and decided to get pregnant (I wanted to start a family anyway, but I was hoping this might save my hair too...)

So long story short, I'm due to have my baby in a month and its true that being pregnant has basically (temporarily) cured my hair problems. I look maybe 95% back to how it used to, which is bittersweet because it feels amazing to have hair again but I know it's all going to fall out after.

I have been wondering why I can't artificially create the same hormone levels that I have now using hormonal creams? I know they sell estrogen and progesterone creams on Amazon but I don' know what kind of estrogen would simulate the natural pregnancy estrogen or how much to take? What are the long term risks of this?

Sounds on topic

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you had your TSH numbers checked pre- pregnancy? Any facial hair? Do you hold on to wieght? Do you get cold easy? Cold feet and hands? Ever check your temperature ? Here's a great presentation on everything your talking about, and could gain some insight

Diet, sleep, progesterone and masticated thyroid gland would be where I'd start if I were you. It could be something different. For instance, autoimmune issue but really without knowing your history I'm throwing lawn darts. If you do plan on minipulate your hormones I'd tell your doctor what you plan to do and ask him to monitor your hormones. This way you can have a goal, get there and not just be shooting lawn darts. If he says no, find a doctor that will help you.

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you had your TSH numbers checked pre- pregnancy? Any facial hair? Do you hold on to wieght? Do you get cold easy? Cold feet and hands? Ever check your temperature ? Here's a great presentation on everything your talking about, and could gain some insight

Diet, sleep, progesterone and masticated thyroid gland would be where I'd start if I were you. It could be something different. For instance, autoimmune issue but really without knowing your history I'm throwing lawn darts. If you do plan on minipulate your hormones I'd tell your doctor what you plan to do and ask him to monitor your hormones. This way you can have a goal, get there and not just be shooting lawn darts. If he says no, find a doctor that will help you.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Unfortunately I did look into all of the "easy fix" possibilities. My diet is good, iron and vitamin D are good, thyroid is normal, I am thin and active and have a very fast metabolism. I actually have great genetics and am healthy and look a lot younger than I am (except for my goddamn hair loss).

My hormones were all (before pregnancy) normal, though my estrogen and progesterone were on the low ends of normal. From what I can tell, I inherited pattern baldness from my father who balded from his early 20s on.

The fact that being pregnant has regrown almost all my hair makes me believe that hormones are the main factor in my hair loss. But without a doctor' advice I'll just be buying random creams off Amazon and slathering them on in random amounts. But if there's any chance that something so simple could tide me over until a real treatment comes out, I can't ignore the chance.

Thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it. You've already been kinder and more helpful than 3 separate doctors I've seen :)

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Unfortunately I did look into all of the "easy fix" possibilities. My diet is good, iron and vitamin D are good, thyroid is normal, I am thin and active and have a very fast metabolism. I actually have great genetics and am healthy and look a lot younger than I am (except for my goddamn hair loss).

My hormones were all (before pregnancy) normal, though my estrogen and progesterone were on the low ends of normal. From what I can tell, I inherited pattern baldness from my father who balded from his early 20s on.

The fact that being pregnant has regrown almost all my hair makes me believe that hormones are the main factor in my hair loss. But without a doctor' advice I'll just be buying random creams off Amazon and slathering them on in random amounts. But if there's any chance that something so simple could tide me over until a real treatment comes out, I can't ignore the chance.

Thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it. You've already been kinder and more helpful than 3 separate doctors I've seen :)
I think we're twins lol besides deference in sex and the bun in the oven were very similar. Fast metabolism, look young (minus hairloss), no weight issue's, labs good but lower estrodiol. I've had some amazing regrowth. You ever supplement ionic trace minerals. I'm thinking, with our fast motabolism we might not absorb all the nutrients, and end up with digestive issues from endotoxin. So easly digestible nutrient dense food with less unsoulble fiber helps me. Taking dustasturide not only limits my dht but maybe more beneficially raises my estrogen conversion. I'm waiting for my metergoline which should lower my prolactin, cortisol and other stress hormones. But interestingly enough your prolactin should be through ruff but on other forms I've read of girls having luck with lowering there prolactin. Though they obviously were not pregnant and doing so would not be advised due to breastfeeding. I'm just rambling now lol here's a article you might find interesting. I wish you luck and remember take lots of pics they grow up so fast =)
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/progesterone-summaries.shtml

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright I just took my first dose. I have a cream that has 1mg of Estriol and 0.25 mg of Estradiol. I applied it to my temples where I most need hair. I will keep you guys posted on my progress and how I'm feeling.

Do you guys think rubbing the cream on my scalp makes it more effective or does it make no difference and should I just apply it to my arms or legs instead?

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing all this activity on this thread.

My breasts have not been growing, but I've been getting "nipple erections" lately, which is a f*****g
pain in the ***.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright I just took my first dose. I have a cream that has 1mg of Estriol and 0.25 mg of Estradiol. I applied it to my temples where I most need hair. I will keep you guys posted on my progress and how I'm feeling.

Do you guys think rubbing the cream on my scalp makes it more effective or does it make no difference and should I just apply it to my arms or legs instead?

Rub it on your penis.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing all this activity on this thread.

My breasts have not been growing, but I've been getting "nipple erections" lately, which is a f*****g
pain in the ***.
You could get dht cream for your breasts

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

What about Alpicort F? It has Estradiol and Salicylic Acid.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This experiment I'm doing with estrogen has to end.

There's no way I can take "nipple erections". It's just f*****g lame.

It hasn't stopped me sexually, but I do seem to be growing "man boobs".

This is f*****g weird to. As I said before, I take 2% topical Progesterone, that's equivalent
to twenty milligrams.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Another woman, yay! This gives me hope for natural hormone replacement. I had menopausal level female sex hormones which essentially (along with genetics) caused my hair loss. I’ve only really just started using bio hormones but my body has already normalised very quickly after a week of some pain and bleeding. I’m still losing a crate of hair each day but my hairline looks a little better and my acne is drying out. My sporadic bleeding has also totally stopped. I use 6mg estradiol with 100mg progesterone each day, and I also rub estriol onto my face and hairline twice a day. I can’t say how much, I just eyeball it now. I do also use minoxidil, dutasteride, topical antiandrogens and some other weird stuff but that’s all out since you’re pregnant and soon will be breastfeeding. I would go and see your gyn or obgyn before you try anything though anyway. Good luck my love!

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is basically high potency progesterone, in fact it is synthesized FROM progesterone. Hence, if so many people here consider Finasteride safe, then progesterone can only be even safer. If you weren't a double-digit IQ mongrel you would probably be able to understand that.

spirnolactone is also created from progesterone

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5615771/

Spironolactone (Aldactone R) is the prototypic mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist (MRA), patented over 50 years ago and still in widespread clinical use. Structurally, it is a synthetic derivative of progesterone, based on the knowledge that physiologically (e.g. in pregnancy) progesterone is a potent MRA.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It helps only if you were too low to begin with. When it goes high you will completely lose your libido and ability to even get hard. Been there, done that.

I was on estradiol for 3 months, my hair thickened a lot, and even regrew some receded areas, I looked good enough to fool around with a girl. We met up several times and did lots of fun stuff, but when it came time to have sex it was impossible. My sex drive was very low and I could not stay hard no matter what.

Estradiol is not a sustainable solution for a male who wants to keep both his hair and normal body functions. You find that out the hard way.
What dose were you using?

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The areas that miniaturized the most recently are just coming back a bit thicker and healthier, no miracles such as regrowth of slick bald areas (though I do not have much of those, I am NW2) - you don't even get that kind of miracles on estradiol most of the time.

Baicalin is a plant extract that acts as a AR inhibitor, and boosts growth factors like WNT pathway and VEGF, etc.

I've been using Minoxidil since 2015 but my results on that have already peaked a long time ago.

My problem is that my hair is very thin all over my head (mostly due to my thyroid problem) - and everything that changes my hormone levels immediately makes me shed and go into telogen effluvium, so I am constantly swinging between a semi-decent look and 'just shave it bro', and it f*****g sucks.

I need to get some equol. I'm not so much concerned with temples, I'd be fine being a NW2, I just want THICKNESS and DENSITY.
What's your vendor for Baicalin?