Estradiol / Estriol - A Safe Therapy For Hair

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck! Are you lightly derma rolling everyday before minoxidil, or 1.5.mm (and up) derma rolling with some light pressure once a week (no treatment that day), or both?

It's funny, I'm actually afraid of using too high needle lengths. So, I went up from 0.05 to 1 mm.

It probably needs to be higher though.

I only do it three times a week. And I put concentrated Minoxidil (15%) in after I do it.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For three days a week I've been doing 0.5 mm, and I put Minoxidil on right after that.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estradiol HELPS with male erections. I really don't know the science of this government
study, but here it is!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854098/

That said, I get my morning wood still, so I don't have ED.

Just want to thank people for their help though.

I'm only taking a small amount (started two days ago). I'll try to post pictures this weekend.

My hairline is bad. It's been bad for seventeen years (at least. Recently saw a picture of me for seventeen years ago).

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estradiol HELPS with male erections. I really don't know the science of this government
study, but here it is!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854098/

That said, I get my morning wood still, so I don't have ED.

Just want to thank people for their help though.

I'm only taking a small amount (started two days ago). I'll try to post pictures this weekend.

My hairline is bad. It's been bad for seventeen years (at least. Recently saw a picture of me for seventeen years ago).

It helps only if you were too low to begin with. When it goes high you will completely lose your libido and ability to even get hard. Been there, done that.

I was on estradiol for 3 months, my hair thickened a lot, and even regrew some receded areas, I looked good enough to fool around with a girl. We met up several times and did lots of fun stuff, but when it came time to have sex it was impossible. My sex drive was very low and I could not stay hard no matter what.

Estradiol is not a sustainable solution for a male who wants to keep both his hair and normal body functions. You find that out the hard way.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
"In the testes, spermatogenesis is modulated at every level by estrogen"
Modulated?! no, more like shut down.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my current base line pictures, taken on March 11th, 2018. On March 3rd, 2018, my
hair was cut to 1.25 centimeters on top (1/2 inch), and .94 centimeters on the side (3/8, or
three weeks length) on the sides. Below is ONE WEEKS hair growth.

219.jpg

Attachments

• 218.jpg
    218.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 824
Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far the only side effect I got seems to be a shed.

This was from both dermarolling and estradoil combined, because I only got this
on my hairline.

As people can see in the previous picture, I'm fucked up in two areas. areas (but one more than
the other).

My hairline is really fucked up.

I never lose hair because I take Progesterone (topically).

That said, it DID NOT HELP me regain hair, and really I was just LUCKY with it. Most guys
CONTINUE to lose hair with topical Progesterone (except for hydroproxy).

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fun fact:

https://books.google.com/books?id=X...hesis of finasteride is progesterone"&f=false

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am starting to notice possible side effects now (no morning wood).

Been using this since March 17th,
Good luck! Are you lightly derma rolling everyday before minoxidil, or 1.5.mm (and up) derma rolling with some light pressure once a week (no treatment that day), or both?

I've been doing one millimeter.

It makes my entire forehead red, for that reason alone, I'm not going higher.

That said, I'm always treating it after dermarolling.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For now, I can reverse my side effects with androgens, so I'm not worried about them.

That said, I am getting side effects. No longer getting the "morning wood", so hopefully
my body will "adjust" to this, or I will have to use external androgens to reverse it.

Regular Progesterone does NOT reverse androgen alopecia for most men. That said, I take
the equivalent of 20 milligrams, except I take it topically. It has kept my hair from falling out,
so I was a little upset when I lost five follicles this month.

For that reason, I think it's the estrogen that caused an initial shed (five hairs, since March 3rd).

It's no longer shedding though.

That's the downside to topical treatments, which I take.

There's no guarantee it's all solid consistency.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My erections and sex life are BACK TO NORMAL, for an "over the hill" guy for me.

No shedding at all.

I think my body just needed time to adjust to it. That was it.

And, I have a few terminal hairs sprouting on my forehead. Will show pictures.

So, I plan on continuing. I don't give a sh*t at this point.

If two percent Progesterone didn't alter my sex drive, certainly .1% of estradoil won't do it
either.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So progesterone and estrogen as a safe treatment. Yep, this forum keeps getting better and better.

Finasteride is basically high potency progesterone, in fact it is synthesized FROM progesterone. Hence, if so many people here consider Finasteride safe, then progesterone can only be even safer. If you weren't a double-digit IQ mongrel you would probably be able to understand that.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is basically high potency progesterone, in fact it is synthesized FROM progesterone. Hence, if so many people here consider Finasteride safe, then progesterone can only be even safer. If you weren't a double-digit IQ mongrel you would probably be able to understand that.
lol, you do realize he's banned before you wrote that?

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, could you please make better before photos. Try to make one with better (outdoor maybe) lighting and try to have a steady hand when taking the photo.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What dose were you on? Weren't you applying it to the entire scalp? I ask because some people (me) might be interested in applying a fraction of your dose to just their hairline.

I was applying everywhere as my hair sucked everywhere. I have diffuse hair loss.

Dose was something between 0.2 - 0.3 mg per day if I calculated correctly. The lotion did not have a dropper so I just covered my entire scalp and rubbed it in. Don't know the exact amount. But it would be between 2-3 mL.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been trying to work out what percentage of topical estradiol goes systemic. If we know how much is in our blood to start with (what's typical for a man?), then we can apply an amount that will increase our blood estradiol by less than, let's say 10%. It's probably more complicated than that, as the half life may be longer than one day but you're definitely onto something here, especially seeing your results.
15-30 micrograms systemically is normal, with best sex drive between 15-20

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
My idea of applying estrogen is while estradiol might be stronger than estriol that is only in terms of maximal feminization.
@IdealForehead has another thread discussing the beat eatrogen.
You want something that activates the estrogen beta receptor exclusively and strongly, which we haven’t figured out but genistein and S-Equol seem to be the best

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, could you please make better before photos. Try to make one with better (outdoor maybe) lighting and try to have a steady hand when taking the photo.

I'll try. I have kids, some pets, and other people, and I work long hours
on week days.

Also, the weather here has been colder/windier than normal outside (although it is Spring).