Erections Coming Back (7 Months Post finasteride) + Mindset

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first study presents atrophic changes. The second does talk about collagen deposition but doesn't elaborate on the histopathology much to define whether it is replacing the smooth muscle, or it's intracellular deposition, or granulation, but I wouldn't call it scarring. However, claims of permanent ED do make one wonder if the basis is not some structural change as I just mentioned. Both papers end, "more research needed". Of course! Bloody hell.

Laki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to share a bit of my own story to some of you that are dealing with (post) finasteride side effects.

Starting with finasteride:
- Started with 1.25 mg finasteride ED during november 2015 (age 24).
- First 2 weeks: HUGE increase in libido
- After 2,5 week: Remember waking up with a very rubber-like feeling penis whereas I used to have morning wood every single day since I could remember. Masturbated and noticed almost no sperm coming out. Knew about finasteride sided but never really looked into it.
- Erections got worse over the next few days and got very bad anxiety and brain fog. Even went to the hospital one day during work because I simply could not think anymore. I remember standing in front of the hospital reception, almost unable to speak a full sentence. I asked the dr. if this could be due to finasteride and he said no.
- Did some research myself and decided to lower my dosage (0.67 eod).
-I really noticed a change in personality, I got emotional, weak, needy and sometimes really felt like a insecure little girl. It completely changed my relationship with my (then) girlfriend.
- I started working out harcore and felt a bit better. Erections still felt weak and no more morning wood. Before finasteride I really was looking forward to the next year because I was about to move to a new city for a while and really felt excited to go on a new adventure. At this point (one month on finasteride) I all of a sudden had doubts about all this and thought that it maybe would be better to settle down with my girl...
- Got depressed. This was not all due to finasteride (also because I at that time had no job and too much free time but the side effects definitely made it worse. I was with my girlfriend for 2,5 years at that point and that whole period of us being together, she was the one that 'chased' me. I noticed that in the last 2 months that dynamic had completely changed.
- 3 months on finasteride: my girlfriend wanted a break because she lost feelings. My emotions were all over the place and I pushed her away for good.

Depression

- 4 Months on finasteride: I had to move to the new city and I hated it. I had just lost a girl that was an absolute 10 (looks and personality) and now I was alone... a 25 year old guy with ED and thinning hair (note: for the last 10 years I had long curly hair which had always been my #1 defining feauture when it came to attracting girls so go figure...). This continued till june and I had enough of it. I decided to quit finasteride and start working on myself. After 8 months I threw away the remainer of the pills

Post-finasteride.
- I expected that my erections would be back in a few weeks. I waited... 2 weeks: nope, 4 weeks: nope... Worries started to kick in... I must say that I did not experience the infamous pfs crash.
- July 2016: I decided to start using supplements: DIM, arginine, ZMA. Things got a bit better but not close to how it once was. Started being sexually active again but lost erections during sex and even faked an orgasm...
- August: By working on myself and investing in myself I became a stronger person. I had better emotional self-control, became wiser, more social, more confident and actually felt pretty happy.
- August-november: Not much to say here, continued to feel better and started living healthier (less alcohol, more fruit and veggies). Erections seemed slightly better, maybe at 80% of what they were pre-finasteride. I actually started to learn acceptance of my situation. Hair started to shed as well during this period but here I was: losing my precious hair and having ED and I still felt better and stronger than I could remember!
- December: Still not over my ex and found out she was dating someone else... Fucked with my mind for 2 weeks and almost could not eat during that time... Erections got worse...

Recovery(?)
- January: Decided to remove my ex completely from my life (still had been in contact with her till that time). Started working out really hardcore, upped my fruit-vegie game even more and started meditating. From one day till the other I noticed that I had a rock-hard erection during masturbating... This was the hardest erection I had in over a year. Even after my orgasm it stayed quite hard for minutes. Still no complete morning wood but I have an occasional spontaneous erection during the day and I can get it up again without touching it. I also noticed that when waking up in the middle of the night I had an erection (a very weak one but still, it was an improvement for me!) Just finished another masturbation session and my penis seems to back at 95%! Even after 3 glasses of wine!

A lot of things happened this year so it is hard to determine what really helped me that most when it came to my ED. I can however tell you what helped me most in getting my quality of life back, and even higher than ever before:

- Improve yourself... Become happy with you. Become happy with your awesome traits (yes everyone has them) and accept your bad traits...
- Work out, work out hard, be aggresive in the gym and don't be ashamed to look at your gains in the mirror.
- Don't get attached to external things... Don't get attached to your hair, don't get attached to potential 'cures' and do not get too attached to other people... Attachment leads to suffering!
- Take care of your body: Buy a blender and make fruit-veggie smoothies everyday. I promise you, you will feel better!
- Buy an arginine-citruline supplement, this helped me the most of all supplements.
- Stop watching p*rn.
- The most important relationship in your entire life is the one with yourself. Stop being so negative about yourself, the more negative you are, the more you will attract things that will confirm that negative view... Yes a NW1 can attract more girls than a NW4. But this difference is way smaller with a NW4 that doesn't give a f***

Sorry for the bad English and lack of structure, I am a bit drunk at the moment. I celebrated being me today:).

PS: the ex all of a suden started reaching out again. Don't care so much anymore, just thought it was funny.

Good night brothers.
Buddy

Laki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to share a bit of my own story to some of you that are dealing with (post) finasteride side effects.

Starting with finasteride:
- Started with 1.25 mg finasteride ED during november 2015 (age 24).
- First 2 weeks: HUGE increase in libido
- After 2,5 week: Remember waking up with a very rubber-like feeling penis whereas I used to have morning wood every single day since I could remember. Masturbated and noticed almost no sperm coming out. Knew about finasteride sided but never really looked into it.
- Erections got worse over the next few days and got very bad anxiety and brain fog. Even went to the hospital one day during work because I simply could not think anymore. I remember standing in front of the hospital reception, almost unable to speak a full sentence. I asked the dr. if this could be due to finasteride and he said no.
- Did some research myself and decided to lower my dosage (0.67 eod).
-I really noticed a change in personality, I got emotional, weak, needy and sometimes really felt like a insecure little girl. It completely changed my relationship with my (then) girlfriend.
- I started working out harcore and felt a bit better. Erections still felt weak and no more morning wood. Before finasteride I really was looking forward to the next year because I was about to move to a new city for a while and really felt excited to go on a new adventure. At this point (one month on finasteride) I all of a sudden had doubts about all this and thought that it maybe would be better to settle down with my girl...
- Got depressed. This was not all due to finasteride (also because I at that time had no job and too much free time but the side effects definitely made it worse. I was with my girlfriend for 2,5 years at that point and that whole period of us being together, she was the one that 'chased' me. I noticed that in the last 2 months that dynamic had completely changed.
- 3 months on finasteride: my girlfriend wanted a break because she lost feelings. My emotions were all over the place and I pushed her away for good.

Depression

- 4 Months on finasteride: I had to move to the new city and I hated it. I had just lost a girl that was an absolute 10 (looks and personality) and now I was alone... a 25 year old guy with ED and thinning hair (note: for the last 10 years I had long curly hair which had always been my #1 defining feauture when it came to attracting girls so go figure...). This continued till june and I had enough of it. I decided to quit finasteride and start working on myself. After 8 months I threw away the remainer of the pills

Post-finasteride.
- I expected that my erections would be back in a few weeks. I waited... 2 weeks: nope, 4 weeks: nope... Worries started to kick in... I must say that I did not experience the infamous pfs crash.
- July 2016: I decided to start using supplements: DIM, arginine, ZMA. Things got a bit better but not close to how it once was. Started being sexually active again but lost erections during sex and even faked an orgasm...
- August: By working on myself and investing in myself I became a stronger person. I had better emotional self-control, became wiser, more social, more confident and actually felt pretty happy.
- August-november: Not much to say here, continued to feel better and started living healthier (less alcohol, more fruit and veggies). Erections seemed slightly better, maybe at 80% of what they were pre-finasteride. I actually started to learn acceptance of my situation. Hair started to shed as well during this period but here I was: losing my precious hair and having ED and I still felt better and stronger than I could remember!
- December: Still not over my ex and found out she was dating someone else... Fucked with my mind for 2 weeks and almost could not eat during that time... Erections got worse...

Recovery(?)
- January: Decided to remove my ex completely from my life (still had been in contact with her till that time). Started working out really hardcore, upped my fruit-vegie game even more and started meditating. From one day till the other I noticed that I had a rock-hard erection during masturbating... This was the hardest erection I had in over a year. Even after my orgasm it stayed quite hard for minutes. Still no complete morning wood but I have an occasional spontaneous erection during the day and I can get it up again without touching it. I also noticed that when waking up in the middle of the night I had an erection (a very weak one but still, it was an improvement for me!) Just finished another masturbation session and my penis seems to back at 95%! Even after 3 glasses of wine!

A lot of things happened this year so it is hard to determine what really helped me that most when it came to my ED. I can however tell you what helped me most in getting my quality of life back, and even higher than ever before:

- Improve yourself... Become happy with you. Become happy with your awesome traits (yes everyone has them) and accept your bad traits...
- Work out, work out hard, be aggresive in the gym and don't be ashamed to look at your gains in the mirror.
- Don't get attached to external things... Don't get attached to your hair, don't get attached to potential 'cures' and do not get too attached to other people... Attachment leads to suffering!
- Take care of your body: Buy a blender and make fruit-veggie smoothies everyday. I promise you, you will feel better!
- Buy an arginine-citruline supplement, this helped me the most of all supplements.
- Stop watching p*rn.
- The most important relationship in your entire life is the one with yourself. Stop being so negative about yourself, the more negative you are, the more you will attract things that will confirm that negative view... Yes a NW1 can attract more girls than a NW4. But this difference is way smaller with a NW4 that doesn't give a f***

Sorry for the bad English and lack of structure, I am a bit drunk at the moment. I celebrated being me today:).

PS: the ex all of a suden started reaching out again. Don't care so much anymore, just thought it was funny.

Good night brothers.
Buddy thank you so much for sharing this. Gives a lot of confidence. It’s been 2 months since I quit finas and I have been having severe side effects not just sexually but urinary problem and sleep issues. One by one slowly they are going away . But the erection is still only 70%. How are you these days?

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
Pretty good, still not completely recovered though. I can get erections by thinking about being intimate with a hot woman again, I cannot remember the last time I had one of those erections again that feel like sex would not be possible. One a good day where I have been living healthy for a few day (diet, supplements, exercise, no alcohol and plenty of sleep) the erections can reach the 95% level. Still almost no morning wood though... Maybe it is time to reall stick to nofap for a while.

Biggest improvement of the last months is having my mojo back. I made out with a hot milf that almost could be my mother age-wise and I am currently dating an absolute 9.

Laki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty good, still not completely recovered though. I can get erections by thinking about being intimate with a hot woman again, I cannot remember the last time I had one of those erections again that feel like sex would not be possible. One a good day where I have been living healthy for a few day (diet, supplements, exercise, no alcohol and plenty of sleep) the erections can reach the 95% level. Still almost no morning wood though... Maybe it is time to reall stick to nofap for a while.

Biggest improvement of the last months is having my mojo back. I made out with a hot milf that almost could be my mother age-wise and I am currently dating an absolute 9.
Good man! Seems like I’m getting morning wood though not strong. My gf says I’m fine and does not see a difference. Did you have any urinal issues??

INT

Reaction score
Good man! Seems like I’m getting morning wood though not strong. My gf says I’m fine and does not see a difference. Did you have any urinal issues??

Yeah sometimes it took longer for the pee to come and I had some blatter pain right before the pee came out.

INT

Reaction score
Btw I recommend you to buy some pine pollen powder and some butea superba. Those supplements helped me the most.

Laki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sometimes it took longer for the pee to come and I had some blatter pain right before the pee came out.
Ok man.. let me know how you feel in a few months. I think we should be fine in the new year. I think the worst is over

INT

Reaction score
Ok I think I am definitely in the home stretch now. Erection strength doesn't really fall below 85% anymore and is most of the time at 90%. Also have been getting some morning wood again.

Last edited:

Laki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I think I am definitely in the home stretch now. Erection strength doesn't really fall below 85% anymore and is most of the time at 90%. Also have been getting some morning wood again.
Do you think its because of pine pollen powder and some butea superba? My libido is picking up too. Pomegranate and Moringa seems to be working!!

INT

Reaction score
Do you think its because of pine pollen powder and some butea superba? My libido is picking up too. Pomegranate and Moringa seems to be working!!

No idea man but those were the supplements that had the biggest immediate effect.

It feels so good to have my dick back! I am going to put it to good use in 2018 that is one thing I know for sure.

INT

Reaction score
How is libido?

Libido I always found a variable very hard to objectively describe. You cannot really say 'today my libido is a 7' for example.

However if I look at my own behavior I see 2 things happen.

1) I find it harder to walk away from sex again. Before PFS I was one horny MF. I notice that when I flirt now, whether it is via text or face to face, that I am more determined to let it escalate into something sexy... During my PFS I literally could walk away from every sexual situation. Sometimes I really had this feeling where I felt like 'ok come on you find this hot, find it hot!'... In other words, I had to talk myself into being turned on.

2) This is going to sound very weird but my taste in women changed during my PFS time. Before I liked hot confident and sensual women. During PFS I started to become more drawn to shy kind of nerdy girls... Don't know why, probably has something to do with sexual polarity since I felt less like a man. Now I feel that the nerdy girls don't really do it for me anymore and now I am more back to my initial preference.

Hope this makes sense, had some beers.

Laki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good. I feel the same way. I’m having more good days now and it has been only 3 months since I quit. I’m having morning E but not strong. Anyway I have started working out and it’s showing difference.