Erections Coming Back (7 Months Post finasteride) + Mindset

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any sides at all with ru?
No, non at all but only been on it 10 weeks. I use surgical gloves to apply it though as when I used my fingers it caused a little derma reaction, I try not to touch my hair for an hour afterwards but so far I am impressed. In fact next time I will probably go for the 8% solution as I lost ground with stopping the finasteride but it seems to be coming back rather well even seen some hairs on my previously bald crown.

I am planning on showing some pictures after the 4-6 month mark as a comparison as I have base line, 18 months finasteride + 10% minoxidil and will post the RU, 5% minoxidil + derma roller with castor results. Although I am tempted to add PGE2 and stem into the mix I will leave it a couple more months before doing so.

INT

Reaction score
Been 6 weeks since my last bad erection. All my erections are good now and also during intercourse I did not lose EQ. Still hope that my sensitivity will increase a bit more though. Cumming during the second round took quite a while.

I can also ad another supplement to the definitely works list: DHEA.

KInd of confirms that a big part of the finasteride side effects have their roots on a neurosteroid level.

INT

Reaction score
My current girl asked me how my penis always gets so hard. I declare myself cured!

Her ex was kind of chubby (great hair tho!) Maybe he was on finasteride...:p

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 3 months post Finasteride and starting to get back to my old self again after 2 years of hell! I was proscribed it by a London clinic and it did work for my hair loss but it just not worth it!

The brain fog, not being able to get my words out properly, forgetting names of colleagues, general depression, sleeplessness, lack of drive etc. I would rather be bald and be able to get morning wood then that crap! I tolerated it well for the first year but it slowly but surly affected my life and brought me to a halt.

Never again will I take anything orally for hairloss!

I am off finasteride for 14 months now, erections quality is improving but this memory problem is so consistent. Before that I had real sharp memory but now I can't even remember people's name with whom I have interacted for years. Did u take any suppliment specific to this problem?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate that's called getting older. My memory got worse over the years thanks to alcohol, aging and constant mental multitasking as well. Still managed to finish a postgraduate with a distinction, so it can't be that bad.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate that's called getting older. My memory got worse over the years thanks to alcohol, aging and constant mental multitasking as well. Still managed to finish a postgraduate with a distinction, so it can't be that bad.

Hard to get so old within a year but than no matter what, it cannot be finasteride.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am off finasteride for 14 months now, erections quality is improving but this memory problem is so consistent. Before that I had real sharp memory but now I can't even remember people's name with whom I have interacted for years. Did u take any suppliment specific to this problem?
The things i believe that have really helped me are N-acetyl cysteine(NAC) & Vitamin D. NAC generally detoxifies your liver & kidneys and adds anti oxidants so its a good all round supplement , even stops you getting hangovers. The vit D seems to improve my mood so that's important. I haven't taken anything else apart from Barroca to boost Vit B & energy levels. I still get some memory issues but i'm 100% better than i was on finasteride.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The things i believe that have really helped me are N-acetyl cysteine(NAC) & Vitamin D. NAC generally detoxifies your liver & kidneys and adds anti oxidants so its a good all round supplement , even stops you getting hangovers. The vit D seems to improve my mood so that's important. I haven't taken anything else apart from Barroca to boost Vit B & energy levels. I still get some memory issues but i'm 100% better than i was on finasteride.

Very interesting angle. How much and how long did u take it?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1st month i was getting morning wood again, 2nd month both sleep and drive came back, still struggling with the mental sharpness but 100% better than where i was. I am trying different options now for the hair loss but too be honest I'm fairly resigned to admit the 25 year battle is over.

I'm just taking the normal recommended amounts.

Last edited:

Tick-Tock

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here. I visited these forums once upon a time, maybe 13 years ago. Was on dutasteride for a long time until my girlfriend guilted me off of it, then I was on Proscar 5mg divided into quarters, then she got me to quit that too. Then she broke up with me five years ago, and for about the past five years I was on Proscar 5mg divided into quarters again. But my erections and libido just all of a sudden dropped off precipitously a month and a half or two ago, and spontaneous erections have just kind of disappeared. So today is my second day off of finasteride. I don't know if I'm more scared about the ED I've been suffering or the fact that I've stopped taking the only real weapon against hairloss that's out there. I guess my question is, for those of you who've given up finasteride, is there anything we can do to combat hairloss? I'm against minoxidil because it just seems gross and I've never heard good things about it.

Laki

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys..I am coming back to thread after 3 months. let me tell you I have been working out and it feels nice. also though no improvement in the past 3 months it has not gone bad. very important that we are being positive to fight this sh*t. the more you are worried , the more worse it becomes. if you cannot get it up, take a f*****g viagara and move on with your life. if you cant sleep, take ashwagandha which is herbal and also helps in anxiety. but folks we need to move forward.. dont visit forums and read all the sh*t written there. drink a lot of water.. go herbal,,organic..work out and you will be fine in weeks. you will forget this existed. this is my last entry.. good luck to you all. sorry for bad grammar.

kanishen18

Reaction score
Btw I recommend you to buy some pine pollen powder and some butea superba. Those supplements helped me the most.

Hey I've had some nasty ED, Libido, Testosterone drop (reading was 6) between the range 8-31 and it's due to high dosage of cucurmCu ingestion.. cucurmCu works like Finasteride but I guess it messed up other parts too. Took Cucurmin for knee pain though.

Anyway.the reason I'm asking is because I just started taking butea superba from Barlowes.

I feel.deep.sensation of libido kicking in..as of morning erections, and random erections itsi still missing.

But if I watch p**rn, I coould get it up although it takes time (longer than my peak days). Ejaculation volume is slowly going up.

I can attest that 40mg zinc works and deep libido sensation works with Butea.

Ive been reading about Pune Pollen... What brand are you all using

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
The combination of Butea and Tongat Ali is supposed to be synergistic. Although, I've taken both, I did not find it effective in any way.

INT

Reaction score
2,5 years after quiting update: Rarely have very weak dick days anymore. Spontaneous erections are increasing quite a bit lately. Libido is also back to where it was. Libido is something very difficult to track objectively. When I now see a hot girl I immediately got thoughts in my head about what I want to do to her and what her body is like is underneath her clothes. On my darkest finasteride days I would still be able to recognize that she was beautiful and that sex with her would probably be great, nothing more... It somehow also changed the type of women I found attractive.

I have never been bad with women but it was definitely more difficult to flit when you are not sure if you can get it up later. It felt I never truly felt like going 'all in' in my interactions to protect myself from failure. Oh boy did that change now, my mojo is at an all-time high at the moment and the women I attract are getting better and better.

I still have some delayed ejaculation issues but they are minor. At the moment I am seeing someone so I expect to be having regular intercourse again. I guess this will tell me if I can see goodbye to the blue pill, for the next 35 years that is;)

INT

Reaction score
What helped you to get better?

Hard to say... It could be that the supplements and lifestyle changes did not contribute that much but that most of my recovery is simply due to time...

Things that I THINK played a role:

- ZMA
- Pine pollen powder
- Cutting back alcohol consumption
- Cutting back junk food
- Eating a clean 90% plant based diet
- Working out
- Meditation

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say... It could be that the supplements and lifestyle changes did not contribute that much but that most of my recovery is simply due to time...

Things that I THINK played a role:

- ZMA
- Pine pollen powder
- Cutting back alcohol consumption
- Cutting back junk food
- Eating a clean 90% plant based diet
- Working out
- Meditation
If I may ask.. experienced any hair loss after regular ingestion of pine pollen?
Tincture seems trusted to be stronger

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Girls always when they broke up with someone they turning hoe mode on, and its killing me also if i think someone is f*****g her right now even i know she is not dating currently anyone. Its crazy lol. But i completely deleted her from my life and i feel amazing. I changed a lot of things after breaking up (it was 1 month ago) and still she was messaging me or calling me but hey! funny part is that whenever i told her to buzz off finally, she was like "Ok, i swear i will never bother you again" And then boom... 3 days later " I miss you AF " xD

Never jump second time to the same water guys :) Of course i will miss her somedays too, but she fucked up our relationship and i decided to stay honorable to myself and its game over for 100%. She probably still think it will work again someday lol, but nah... It wont baby, i told you on the begining of the adventure that if we going to break up, we will do it only once. :)