English football referee admits to having hair transplant

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what can I say is that: as long a hairpiece or hair transplant is undetectable is more than ok...and I've seen people more than happy wearing a hairpiece...and saying that was the best decision in their lives...it was ok if I went bald and looked good...but the hairloss changed me dramatically....from an attractive guy to one who barely go outside...s.a.f if you were that cool guy who don't care about hairloss and the insecurity that bring it...you wouldn't be here...that's for sure...I'm ok with shaved looked but if that really suits you...i'm always looking on the streets and when I'm seeing a bald guy i feel terrible...why? because I'm looking at them and I'm seeing how bad they look...personally I wouldn't give a f*** about what somebody will say about my wig...I'll do it not because am insecure ...I'm doing because I know that I can look and feel more than 1000X times happier with hair than without it....also...hairpieces from nowadays are undetectable at seeing...so...this is more than ok...
s.a.f you can not wear it because you are bald...and coming now with a full head of hair it would be weird...but me and others people still have a good hair...maybe this...or diffuse...but people didn't call us bald yet...so...this is an advantage...

take a look at this guy story...i'll better be like him than you...i mean wit hair...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
by the way I looked at the comments on thomas calabro link...people really appreciate him...look at ben afleck...looks a bit insecure isn't it? lol...why would he wear a hairpiece? he is good looking like calabro....

just because you disagree the idea of wearing hair...doesn't mean that is not a good alternative to gain back your look...even thorough hair transplant or wig....by the way a wig can even look more natural than an hair transplant! take care!

s.a.f

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
s.a.f if you were that cool guy who don't care about hairloss and the insecurity that bring it...you wouldn't be here...that's for sure.
Well when did I say I was a cool guy and confident guy? I'm not! But I know for sure I would'nt be at all botherd with being NW2/3 the way most people on here are.
Insecure and unconfident describes about 99% of the guys on here, because if they were they'd just shave it and forget about it not spend hrs on the internet trying in vain for a solution to what is for many a unwinnable fight. And thats my point entirely most guys on here are pretty paranoid about a small degree of hairloss so how will they cope with having to live with the risk of being exposed and ridiculed about wearing fake hair.
You for one are definatly not in the confident, secure catagory. And having seen your pics NW3 with thinning I dont see how you can opt for a wig without it being highly obvious. If wigs are so great why do less than 0.1% of balding guys opt to wear them?
I'll refer you again to the case of Stephen Ireland what happend to him is from his teamamtes is the same kind of thing that most young guys will get from their peers. I dont care how good you look with it no one in the young age group (20's/30's) will respect a guy for wearing fake hair. And no woman will want to be known as the girlfreind of 'the wig guy'.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first of all...i am norwood 2...and yes i have a diffuse thinning in the front...but...it is not so obvious i can style my hair when it is longer in that way to not look bald...but i'm afraid of the future...i'm not so confident with propecia...
regarding footballer...he was bald...and suddenly he came with hair...this is what i'm trying to avoid...to not show a bald look and then suddenly hair...this is why people react in that way...
how do you explain that this guy
http://toplace.com/forum/showthread.php ... hair transplant=college
handled so well wearing hair?nobody knows his secret...so i suppose that i'm doing the same...the hair system are undetectable nowadays...so why should i go bald if there is still an option? i told you if I will look good and it will be undetectable...it would be more than ok...because the effort with wearing hair will bring much more happiness than the sadness that of being bald...i'll show you some pictures of a guy wearing a hair sistem...
and let me know what to think...if you where in his shoes what would you do?
by the way ...he told her girlfriend after an year that he is wearing hair...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 197
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 182
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 179

Boondock

Reaction score
An interesting observation I've made from obsessively reading hair loss boards...

There are two types of board which are populated by confident men. The first are the skinhead forums. The second are the hair system boards.

It took me a long time to work out the second of those. Why are the hair system wearers not complete jessies like their reputation in society would suggest? I believe I now know the answer.

Wearing hair in the way that most of these guys do really is a middle finger up to society. Their attitude seems not to be one of fear for what others think of them. If it were, they wouldn't wear a system, since it is such a grotesque taboo in popular culture.

Instead their attitude seems to be: I want to look good and I don't care what you think about how I do so. And I would argue that most of them truly don't care that much if they're discovered - indeed some are completely open about it anyway. Michigan Baldy famously tells chicks about his wig and gets good responses. If you watch this guy's videos on YouTube, he's one helluva confident bloke.

In my view, this is a major component of the typical person who's successful at the hair piece route. They tend to be:
- confident
- independent-minded
- patient
- have a 'hands on' attitude that allows them to go through the whole process and learn how to do it

It does seem to take a certain kind of person, and it's not really a route I'd go down. But fair play to the guys. They look a lot better than the sly bald bunch, and some of their systems look more natural than hair transplants. And Andrei, if that's a path you're interested in going down, just do it. It's not like a hair transplant where if it goes wrong it's irreversible; if it doesn't work, just get rid of it.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea this is my idea...looks like you understand so good the things...i've spoke with something like 10 people who's wearing...and they told me...that if you change that at time it is absolutely incredible...i mean virtually undetectable...at touch you can feel the edges of it....
all of this guys are young...some of them are really rich...i mean big houses super hot cars...and so on...and they told me that they have chosen this route because an hair transplant can ruin your life...
the tough part is with girls...that can discover that rolling their fingers through it...but you can lie something I don't know what...till she will fall in love with you...when you'll get a strong relationships...you can tell her...and it wouldn't be a problem you'll see...i'm ready to give it a try but I'm sure that I will like the outcome...

Wylie

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Mini&Micro":ks821xlc][Thats true, and you likely would suffer the indignity you speak of because you are a b**ch, and thats the way people treat b****s.

However, if you were a real man, you'd probably still be laughed at, only in private. I work with a man who wears a toupee, nobody even likes the guy (myself included) but people still have the decency to not call him out on his hairpiece. He is in his early 60's and nobody really cares, to be quite honest with you. Furthermore, the hairpiece looks good on him.

You can always tell when people cant answer with decent logic they resort to using the kind of responses 12 yr olds type on youtube. :jackit:
But the fact that a old man wears a wig and people at work dont mention it is'nt the same situation as a young guy who has to face his peers. Are you wearing a wig yourself?[/quote:ks821xlc]

Nope, no piece for me. I do, however, have a bad hair transplant, if that makes you feel any better.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i agree with you...with no piece...but an hair transplant can really ruin your life...so i in my opionon is better ti try an hairpiece than an hair transplant...i've seen a lot and lot of images of hair transplant...and i can say that only 5% of the results are really great...the rest it gives you just an idea of having hair...this idea will not make me feel happy...i'll betta try to make an hairpiece undetectable than remaining with some little hair that i can not even style it!

Wylie

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
i agree with you...with no piece...but an hair transplant can really ruin your life...so i in my opionon is better ti try an hairpiece than an hair transplant...i've seen a lot and lot of images of hair transplant...and i can say that only 5% of the results are really great...the rest it gives you just an idea of having hair...this idea will not make me feel happy...i'll betta try to make an hairpiece undetectable than remaining with some little hair that i can not even style it!

First off, you are talking out your *** because:

A) You havent seen even 1% of the hair transplant's performed, so if your 5% holds, its a tiny portion of the surgeries that have taken place. And you must be looking for horror stories. While plentiful, these days a top doctor can do undetectable work ON THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. (Of which you totally are not)

B) You dont even need a hair transplant or a hairpiece and nowhere even near needing either one so why you are even spending time on this forum is baffling.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Mini&Micro said:
[quote="andrei_eremenko":2s021nwq]i agree with you...with no piece...but an hair transplant can really ruin your life...so i in my opionon is better ti try an hairpiece than an hair transplant...i've seen a lot and lot of images of hair transplant...and i can say that only 5% of the results are really great...the rest it gives you just an idea of having hair...this idea will not make me feel happy...i'll betta try to make an hairpiece undetectable than remaining with some little hair that i can not even style it!
I have a bad hair transplant if that makes you feel any better [/quote:2s021nwq]

Well thats something we have in common.
mini&Micro said:
First off, you are talking out your *** because:

A) You havent seen even 1% of the hair transplant's performed, so if your 5% holds, its a tiny portion of the surgeries that have taken place. And you must be looking for horror stories. While plentiful, these days a top doctor can do undetectable work ON THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. (Of which you totally are not)

B) You dont even need a hair transplant or a hairpiece and nowhere even near needing either one so why you are even spending time on this forum is baffling.

By bad hair transplant he obviously means anything that looks less than a full Colin Farrell NW1.
Compared to some of the 'sufferers' on here he's practicly bald.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea...actually I call a bald guy when it is a norwood 4...
the idea with the hairpiece...that's why it has that stigma...because if you're doing that when you are a norwwod 5...it is normal to people reacting like crazy at you...where the hell this guy has came from with that full head of hair...but I know guys who did this sooner...and people didn't call them bald...
yea...I-m bothered even by a norwwod 2-3 look...and to be honest...I'm not a good candidate for hair transplant but...but even I was at this age I wouldn't do the procedure...first of all I don't have money to reach a top surgeon...and then it will be that risk of scaring...being not able to take a 0 or a shaved hair cut...
I'm wondering why are you so reluctant to the hairpiece idea if that makes you to look normal again? you won't have to be worry about a women...if you date her more than 1 year and she will find out...i can assure in 90% of cases she will not leave you because of this!

I know...maybe you have this attiude against hair pieces because you're not able to wear one...maybe...because of bad hair transplant...I know and understand the pain of every guy who's balding...

but i'm wondering why a lot of people that wear the hair are not taking the hair transplant route...some of them have a lot of money and they are in their 20's but they told me to not take the hair transplant route...because this can ruin me...so in my opinion...I have 3 ways : 1 the hairpiece route I will be fine if I'll do that undetectable...2 hair cutting at 0...i'm not a fan of shaving...3 trying to keep how much I can what i have and looking hopefully at the future...for stuff like histogen...

Boondock

Reaction score
I'm not taking particular sides here, but what I will say is: if you're a perfectionist, Andrei is right about hair transplants.

I'm a bit of one myself, and when I look at the hair transplant Boards they do eerily remind me of SlyBaldGuys. Why? Because a lot of these guys look pretty bad, but are getting back-pats and "looks good bro" encouragement from everybody else.

IMO, for people NW4+ hair transplants can look acceptable, and make you look like a guy who "just has thin hair". But if you want the density, they're not going to do it for you. It's about having reasonable expectations.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Boondock said:
I'm not taking particular sides here, but what I will say is: if you're a perfectionist, Andrei is right about hair transplants.

IMO, for people NW4+ hair transplants can look acceptable, and make you look like a guy who "just has thin hair". But if you want the density, they're not going to do it for you. It's about having reasonable expectations.

Well for me I was totally bald and any hair was better than none at all. I especially think hair transplant's can be good for guys over the age of 30 where its more acceptable to have thin or receeded hair.
But for me people complaining about NW2's and slightly thin hair is ridiculous.
I cant say I've ever seen anyone who looked worse after a hair transplant unless they got no growth at all.
If you're suffering from m.p.b you cant really be a perfectionist.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well...it seems like my right side is thinning as well...look like I'm fucked...things are getting "better" look like this f*****g propecia can only cause another problems...but not grow the hair...
anyway...last night i 've been in a club...and I was looking at the guys from there...I will say that 95% of guys had great hair...I've seen 2 guys with shaved head...and they look more than ok...but i've seen another one...it looked awfull...and also a guy who was going bald...he had in the front something like 20 hairs...and he even spiked them up...c'mon...you can not be perfectionist but he really looked more than awfull....how can I be happy with some hairs...it look more terrible than being shaved...
this crap is killing me softly...

Nene

Reaction score
Andrei you shouldn't let your hair loss stop you from talking to girls, because your loss isn't even noticeable to most people I bet. To us here obsessed with hair we do notice, but in a dark club, no girl will think of you as bald.

BTW, I agree with what Boondock said about hair transplants. I would only consider one if I don't go beyond Norwood 4 because then I think I'll have the density I want. I think I'd rather just have a shaved head then a very thin head of hair, but thats personal preference. It all comes down to preference and expectations. In saf's case he preferred just having some hair, thin or not, to being completely bald. Dudemon is obviously unhappy with a his low density hair transplant. I don't know if/when I go Norwood 5 or 6 I'll want a hair transplant even if I end up with thin hair. But seeing how I'm only Norwood 2 with thinning in the front of my scalp (which is probably much more hair than a Norwood 6 would end up with post hair transplant), yet I still preferred to buzz it down to a 0 for over a year. I don't know how having even less hair would be preferable to just being bald.

s.a.f

Reaction score
For most NW5's with a good surgeon its possible to get hair like Stings, that for me is 100x better than a shaved chrome dome. Especially if you're over 30 it does'nt look bad at all.
[attachment=0:1nzuda97]alg_sting.jpg[/attachment:1nzuda97]

Attachments

• alg_sting.jpg
    alg_sting.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 162

Nene

Reaction score
Has he had a hair transplant or is that just an example of what a potentially good hair transplant result could look like?