English football referee admits to having hair transplant

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="andrei_eremenko":84dv1yo4]c'mon I'm not agree with that...normally if the lack of something that belongs to my body will not disappear or will not change my appearance...i won't do anything regarding improvement of my look...but how can I ignore this when the lack of hair turn the guy i was into another?...
Dont you get it? If you're a real man your losing hair should'nt bother you. You should be secure and confident enough to be able to just shave it off and say so what its not a big deal I've got more things going for me than just hair. And really if you're a real goodlooking guy you'll be able to handle the change without it effecting you like Jason Statham or Bruce Willis ect.

Is this fair - no but its just how it is.
Deep down everyguy who goes bald hates it but most will just man up and accept it. Thats what 90% of guys in our situation do.
So does that make us more insecure and unconfident than most I'll happily admit that as a guy who's had hair transplant's yes it obviously does. Unless you're a model or actor and rely on your looks for your career and income.
Go and tell any girl you're wearing a wig or have had a hair transplant the polite ones will say "Oh really" but be thinking f*ck me what a twat :shock: . Many however would laugh in your face.
None will find it attractive that you were so insecure and concerned about your looks that you resorted to something so unnatural.[/quote:84dv1yo4]
I know you are saying that with a sarcastic tone SAF and that you really feel like that double standard is rightfully unfair. The dilemma here is that the same people who would mock you for wearing a wig are the exact same people who would make fun of an nw5 head shaver so where is the justice in that? You're damned if you do and your damned if you don't...either way we loose.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Actually I was'nt being sarcastic, but the truth is as far as men and women go the double standard is hardly suprising. But I would'nt ever expect anyone to admire me for getting hair transplant's.
You say the bald guy cant win I say he can that is as long as he's a Jason Statham type.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no..no...is not that...In my opinion the hair can change your appearance drastically...what about if you'll lose one of your frontal teeth? c'mon ...don't replace it...because you'll become a fake..it's not that way...you'll replace it with a new one...because you need to eat...and muck more to smile again...this is how the I see the things...
regarding that girl...I'm pretty sure she won't be some Angelina Jolie...she will be an ordinary girl...I have met a lot of girls...and no one was perfect...the last one I date was indeed the most beautiful regarding the traits of her face...but did you know what she told me? that she hates her breast...because are small...she hates his hips...because she was thinking that are a bit large...and I bet if she would have the possibility she will enlarge her breasts...almost to forget...her nose...I found it sexy...and she told me that she hates it...is to pointed...so...the idea with that...yea I wear a wig or I had an hair transplant...i'm not agree with it...most of us...are not perfect...and if we want to improve something and we succeed I think it is ok...Just my thoughts!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Losing a tooth is hardly the same as going bald and AGAIN its a womans perogative to be worried about her appearance and attractivness, it a different story for a man.

s.a.f

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
not nowadays...

Yes still nowadays, if you go around admitting that you're wearing a wig or have had a hair transplant you will get zero respect and even less women than a NW7 horseshoe guy. Women dont want a man who is insecure about himself. Theres abig difference between what they may say and what they really think. They want a man who is confident and can handle whatever life has to throw at him.
Not some guy who cant even accept that his hair is'nt as good as it was in his teens. Think about it from her point of view if you cant lose some hair without having a breakdown and resorting to extreme measures what does that say about your ability to look after her and possibly any children you might have. What else would you do? ask her to borrow her foundation if you got a zit? Ask her what moisturiser she uses because your skin is feeling dry? I'm sure she'll be really wet over that!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it is not about confidence...I am not feeling ok with that lack...it is just a difference of mentality...that hair is a part of my body that I'm loosing...so i need to replace it to look normal again...is it is the same idea when someone lose his hand..foot teeth and so on...Why should I stay bald if something else it is available...and makes me look normal again?this f*****g hair really change the appearance of a guy or women...I can show some pictures of my...with hair and without...and...you'll see a huge difference...

Wylie

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
[quote="s.a.f":2ctiuzxv][quote="andrei_eremenko":2ctiuzxv]c'mon I'm not agree with that...normally if the lack of something that belongs to my body will not disappear or will not change my appearance...i won't do anything regarding improvement of my look...but how can I ignore this when the lack of hair turn the guy i was into another?...
Dont you get it? If you're a real man your losing hair should'nt bother you. You should be secure and confident enough to be able to just shave it off and say so what its not a big deal I've got more things going for me than just hair. And really if you're a real goodlooking guy you'll be able to handle the change without it effecting you like Jason Statham or Bruce Willis ect.

Is this fair - no but its just how it is.
Deep down everyguy who goes bald hates it but most will just man up and accept it. Thats what 90% of guys in our situation do.
So does that make us more insecure and unconfident than most I'll happily admit that as a guy who's had hair transplant's yes it obviously does. Unless you're a model or actor and rely on your looks for your career and income.
Go and tell any girl you're wearing a wig or have had a hair transplant the polite ones will say "Oh really" but be thinking f*ck me what a twat :shock: . Many however would laugh in your face.
None will find it attractive that you were so insecure and concerned about your looks that you resorted to something so unnatural.[/quote:2ctiuzxv]
I know you are saying that with a sarcastic tone SAF and that you really feel like that double standard is rightfully unfair. The dilemma here is that the same people who would mock you for wearing a wig are the exact same people who would make fun of an nw5 head shaver so where is the justice in that? You're damned if you do and your damned if you don't...either way we loose.[/quote:2ctiuzxv]

Actually, if you get a hair transplant and are happy with the results, it really doesnt matter what anyone thinks. If someone laughs at you and you are secure with the way you now look (and are happy with it) then it shouldnt bother someone too much what anyone thinks.

People who are afraid of being ridiculed are usually that way because they are hiding something, but if you are open and secure with your decision and someone asks you about it and you are open then its no big deal in the end what anyone but you think of yourself.

Most people are just too insecure to have a hair transplant and admit it.

Wylie

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="andrei_eremenko":3bm8buan]not nowadays...

Yes still nowadays, if you go around admitting that you're wearing a wig or have had a hair transplant you will get zero respect and even less women than a NW7 horseshoe guy. Women dont want a man who is insecure about himself. [/quote:3bm8buan]

Then you shouldnt be insecure about your hair, whether or not you get a hair transplant.

If you are happy with it and not insecure with it a woman won't care.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Mini&Micro said:
[quote="s.a.f":1tc4vovk][quote="andrei_eremenko":1tc4vovk]not nowadays...

Yes still nowadays, if you go around admitting that you're wearing a wig or have had a hair transplant you will get zero respect and even less women than a NW7 horseshoe guy. Women dont want a man who is insecure about himself. [/quote:1tc4vovk]

Then you shouldnt be insecure about your hair, whether or not you get a hair transplant.

If you are happy with it and not insecure with it a woman won't care.[/quote:1tc4vovk]

I think she will. C'mon transplanting hair from the back of your head to the top is not a normal thing to do. Its not a common op either, its a desperate thing to do - and I should know. If someone knows that you've had something done it will be at the front of their minds whenever they meet you they'll be staring at it wondering what you looked like before and looking for evidence of unaturalness or scarring.
Any arseholes out there will use it as ammo against you any time they can.
If it gets around you'll be known as the guy with the hair transplant'd hair. You think any woman wants to be known as the girl who's boyfreind had a hair transplant. Infact I'd liken it to having a criminal past once people know about it they'll never look at you in the same way again.
And you're right it depends massivley on the result but hardly any hair transplant's result in what looks like a perfectly full head of hair.

I'll spell it out to you again - A man should be a real man, and a real man does'nt go to any effort to look attractive, a real man does'nt worry about his looks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
it is just your opinion...look at this guy Thomas Calabro...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OArivYjr4

I dont really see your point especialy since he's an actor. His looks are part of his trade, for a normal guy to admit it (to another average Joe not some tv presenter) he'd almost certainly be ridiculed just take a look at the comments to see what people think.

Wylie

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I think she will. C'mon transplanting hair from the back of your head to the top is not a normal thing to do. Its not a common op either, its a desperate thing to do - and I should know. If someone knows that you've had something done it will be at the front of their minds whenever they meet you they'll be staring at it wondering what you looked like before and looking for evidence of unaturalness or scarring.
Any arseholes out there will use it as ammo against you any time they can.
If it gets around you'll be known as the guy with the hair transplant'd hair. You think any woman wants to be known as the girl who's boyfreind had a hair transplant. Infact I'd liken it to having a criminal past once people know about it they'll never look at you in the same way again.
And you're right it depends massivley on the result but hardly any hair transplant's result in what looks like a perfectly full head of hair.

I'll spell it out to you again - A man should be a real man, and a real man does'nt go to any effort to look attractive, a real man does'nt worry about his looks.

But its all about perception. And being confident in your look. If you sound like a b**ch you will end up acting like a b**ch. You sound like a b**ch so its no wonder that you will act like one. I'd rather act like a man.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Mini&Micro said:
But its all about perception. And being confident in your look. If you sound like a b**ch you will end up acting like a b**ch. You sound like a b**ch so its no wonder that you will act like one. I'd rather act like a man.
Lol act like a man by glueing fake hair to your head, because you cant take people seeing that you are ageing. :whistle: I'm sure you'll have the women creaming their panties when you start telling them about your lace front topper :woot:

Wylie

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Mini&Micro":11x6evu5]
Lol act like a man by glueing fake hair to your head, because you cant take people seeing that you are ageing. :whistle: I'm sure you'll have the women creaming their panties when you start telling them about your lace front topper :woot:[/quote:11x6evu5]

Two words of advice for you:

Testosterone supplements.

Boondock

Reaction score
I don't think the majority of women will care too much if you've had a hair transplant - or even if you're wearing a system - provided it looks convincing, and you can carry it off. If I got called out I'd simply shrug and say it looks better, and it helps me in my career. Both of which would be true.

Bald does look worse on most guys, IMO, but is not always a dealbreaker.

The biggest dealbreakers are insecurity about your situation, or a bad hair transplant/wig.

It also depends on the context of who you are. If you're the runt in your social group, this is just more fuel to the fire. If you're higher status, people are more likely to accept it.

But meh.

Wylie

Reaction score
Boondock said:
I don't think the majority of women will care too much if you've had a hair transplant - or even if you're wearing a system - provided it looks convincing, and you can carry it off. If I got called out I'd simply shrug and say it looks better, and it helps me in my career. Both of which would be true.

Bald does look worse on most guys, IMO, but is not always a dealbreaker.

The biggest dealbreakers are insecurity about your situation, or a bad hair transplant/wig.

It also depends on the context of who you are. If you're the runt in your social group, this is just more fuel to the fire. If you're higher status, people are more likely to accept it.

But meh.

Absolutely correct. It's how you wear it that counts. If you smile when someone makes fun of your hair, you will be good to go. The truth is, its very hard to smile when someone makes fun of a bad hair transplant.

But bad is ultimately your perception of it. If you think it looks good, and you like it, then you have to learn to tell those who dont like it to f*** off with a smile. In the end what matters is that you are happy with it.

What everyone else thinks should not matter that much. If it does, you really are insecure about yourself, and that, of course, is a turn off to women

s.a.f

Reaction score
Mini&Micro said:
It's how you wear it that counts. If you smile when someone makes fun of your hair, you will be good to go. The truth is, its very hard to smile when someone makes fun of a bad hair transplant.

But bad is ultimately your perception of it. If you think it looks good, and you like it, then you have to learn to tell those who dont like it to f*ck off with a smile. In the end what matters is that you are happy with it.

What everyone else thinks should not matter that much. If it does, you really are insecure about yourself, and that, of course, is a turn off to women

I dont know what planet you live on but I know for me here on earth if I turned up wearing a wig, even if it made me look like a Hollywood star all the guys I know would be rolling on the floor laughing. They might say I look better with it but at the end of the day its not real its fake hair stuck on to cover up the inadiquacy. Its the equivelent of a guy with a small c0ck shoving a salami down his trunks at the beach. You think that would attract women to?
If you're from the UK just look at the case of footballer Stephen Ireland and what happend when he wore wig.
All women will think the same thing about wig wearers/ hair transplant guys - insecure and therefore not a 'real man'. They'd rather have a guy who has the confidence to just shave it and not worry about it than a guy who's insecurity has driven him to such drastic measures.

Wylie

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Mini&Micro":2vczmilk]It's how you wear it that counts. If you smile when someone makes fun of your hair, you will be good to go. The truth is, its very hard to smile when someone makes fun of a bad hair transplant.

But bad is ultimately your perception of it. If you think it looks good, and you like it, then you have to learn to tell those who dont like it to f*ck off with a smile. In the end what matters is that you are happy with it.

I dont know what planet you live on but I know for me here on earth if I turned up wearing a wig, even if it made me look like a Hollywood star all the guys I know would be rolling on the floor laughing. They might say I look better with it but at the end of the day its not real its fake hair stuck on to cover up the inadiquacy. Its the equivelent of a guy with a small c0ck shoving a salami down his trunks at the beach. You think that would attract women to?
If you're from the UK just look at the case of footballer Stephen Ireland and what happend when he wore wig.
All women will think the same thing about wig wearers/ hair transplant guys - insecure and therefore not a 'real man'. They'd rather have a guy who has the confidence to just shave it and not worry about it than a guy who's insecurity has driven him to such drastic measures.[/quote:2vczmilk]

Thats true, and you likely would suffer the indignity you speak of because you are a b**ch, and thats the way people treat b****s.

However, if you were a real man, you'd probably still be laughed at, only in private. I work with a man who wears a toupee, nobody even likes the guy (myself included) but people still have the decency to not call him out on his hairpiece. He is in his early 60's and nobody really cares, to be quite honest with you. Furthermore, the hairpiece looks good on him.

Everyone will react differently to these things. You react the way you do because its the kind of person you are. Not everyone is like you, and even you should be grateful for that.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Mini&Micro said:
[Thats true, and you likely would suffer the indignity you speak of because you are a b**ch, and thats the way people treat b****s.

However, if you were a real man, you'd probably still be laughed at, only in private. I work with a man who wears a toupee, nobody even likes the guy (myself included) but people still have the decency to not call him out on his hairpiece. He is in his early 60's and nobody really cares, to be quite honest with you. Furthermore, the hairpiece looks good on him.

You can always tell when people cant answer with decent logic they resort to using the kind of responses 12 yr olds type on youtube. :jackit:
But the fact that a old man wears a wig and people at work dont mention it is'nt the same situation as a young guy who has to face his peers. Are you wearing a wig yourself?