end of baldness.they figured it out all.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
You're god damn RIGHT!

Why the hell do we need to wait if the stuff works and is safe? Why should we watch our best years get pissed away because of stone age regulations that need not apply to hair follicles? We've suffered enough from the social torment, it's about effing time we gained some respect from society RIGHT NOW.

And what exactly is your plan to expedite the process? Is there really anything we can do from our end? Maybe just some awareness that we're willing to the pay the money, I don't know. I personally would hate if the treatment doesn't come to USA soon because I cannot. Leave the country.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
And what exactly is your plan to expedite the process? Is there really anything we can do from our end? Maybe just some awareness that we're willing to the pay the money, I don't know. I personally would hate if the treatment doesn't come to USA soon because I cannot. Leave the country.

Why cant you leave USA?

Awareness will definitely help, a reform for stem cell trials and approvals is heavily needed, but not just in USA.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Why cant you leave USA?

Awareness will definitely help, a reform for stem cell trials and approvals is heavily needed, but not just in USA.

Simple, I'm not a US citizen yet, only have work permit and able to go across the states. If I leave, I am not allowed to return.

Well if awareness helps then the best thing to do is a simple content marketing campaign. Write like 10 relatively different articles about how this is the real cure compared to anything else that has been done before and put in the facts. Use good keyword research and once the articles are done, it's time for guest blogging on all the sites we can, just spin some of the articles a bit. Works wonders, sites will rarely refuse something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what seems to really skyrocket these type of campaigns are a really nice infographics but that's just an idea.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also what seems to really skyrocket these type of campaigns are a really nice infographics but that's just an idea.

I'm a graphic designer, I can make one of these really easily. I just need info on the stem cell part because a lot of it is a total mystery to me, this way I can translate the info as if it were being explained to a 5 year old, graphically.

K

karankaran

I do not want to make this hair loss impact section but i so much wish there is a cure soon and the progress cited in this thread translates to something concrete.

Btw, do you guys think it will be possible to clone hair which is genetically resistant to male pattern baldness and replace each hair on the scalp with it? Instead of just filling in the bald areas, we choose to replace each single hair with the male pattern baldness resistant cloned hair and never have to worry about anything?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a graphic designer, I can make one of these really easily. I just need info on the stem cell part because a lot of it is a total mystery to me, this way I can translate the info as if it were being explained to a 5 year old, graphically.

Okay, let's get that under roll, we need a scientist that knows the ins and outs of stem cell research.

thinin

Reaction score
I just can't see this being it, the final piece. The science is there and theoretically It should work tho I'd need to see the whole process work for me to even let myself get excited. Even then I just can't see this being available in the next 10-15 years (I'm being polite with that estimate)

You have FDA to worry about.
Need a company to market this treatment
Trials ext

These all take forever. People are thinking this is a 3-5year job..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just can't see this being it, the final piece. The science is there and theoretically It should work tho I'd need to see the whole process work for me to even let myself get excited. Even then I just can't see this being available in the next 10-15 years (I'm being polite with that estimate)

You have FDA to worry about.
Need a company to market this treatment
Trials ext

These all take forever. People are thinking this is a 3-5year job..

Because it IS a 3-5 year job, but the FDA will turn into a 10-15 year job. If you're not angry about that, you SHOULD be angry.

Which is why India is a great host country for the 3-5 year turnaround time as their stem cell treatment regulations are very laxed. A credible doctor with a clinic in India would get my money long before that... consider this as a premature boycott on USA and the FDA. Wanna make your case known? Take your money elsewhere, stick it to America where it hurts them most; their wallet.

We'll know if the theoretical aspect of the latest findings will allow us to have a full head of hair soon enough, we just need one of the researchers to restart a test run and see what happens with the hair growth. Once we know that works, then its time to celebrate and wait until the process passes through trials or comes as a commercial treatment in India or elsewhere. I know i'll be going immediately once a working treatment is released for consumers... I don't care where I have to go fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, let's get that under roll, we need a scientist that knows the ins and outs of stem cell research.

Again, if someone can explain the stem cell process with jahoda's findings and how the process is done, I can start working on an infographic.

thinin

Reaction score
Because it IS a 3-5 year job, but the FDA will turn into a 10-15 year job. If you're not angry about that, you SHOULD be angry.

Which is why India is a great host country for the 3-5 year turnaround time as their stem cell treatment regulations are very laxed. A credible doctor with a clinic in India would get my money long before that... consider this as a premature boycott on USA and the FDA. Wanna make your case known? Take your money elsewhere, stick it to America where it hurts them most; their wallet.

We'll know if the theoretical aspect of the latest findings will allow us to have a full head of hair soon enough, we just need one of the researchers to restart a test run and see what happens with the hair growth. Once we know that works, then its time to celebrate and wait until the process passes through trials or comes as a commercial treatment in India or elsewhere. I know i'll be going immediately once a working treatment is released for consumers... I don't care where I have to go fly.

More difficult than you'd believe :woot:

This could take a long *** time even in counties with less restrictions. We also need companies willing to fund these trials and actually get through them. We all know how well this works out. Lets just hope the Japanese who care about their appearance will get this fast tracked. Plus i kinda wanna go to japan too.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
More difficult than you'd believe :woot:

This could take a long *** time even in counties with less restrictions. We also need companies willing to fund these trials and actually get through them. We all know how well this works out. Lets just hope the Japanese who care about their appearance will get this fast tracked. Plus i kinda wanna go to japan too.

You don't need an Indian doctor to do the procedure in India, god forbid we'd have another situation escalate like it did with that piece of sh*t Mr. Nigam.

You could just get an American/European (except Dr. Gho) to open up their own clinic in India and go to town. Easier said than done, but at least its possible.

I've got a feeling Japan may be the first legit country to get this through the door after trials and approvals through a regulating body.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Not only will this not be done in 10 to 15 years, it won't be done at all. We have heard it all before, even with cancer research. Breakthrough after breakthrough which never turn into anything.

This is just more bs to keep the free grant money coming. It is like a carrot on a stick. If they aren't showing potential for a cure, the grant money dries up.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wasn't there a poster who claimed to be a researcher a few pages previously? I'm sure he could explain it all to you.

Desmond on BTT, but he rarely posts.... but when he does, he usually drops some amazing info on us.

We just need some simple questions answered from surgeons. Will this need clinical safety trials seeing as they are cloned donor hairs and not stem cells or drugs? If so, how long will these clinical trials take? Would they be held in the West or in East Asia? And most importantly can the results of these Chinese scientists be duplicated? There have been so many liars like Acell and others.

Unlike every other method this seems very safe. No drugs that chemically castrate you. No stem cells that can turn into cancerous tumours. No bloody harvesting process that could lead to infection or scarring. It seems like the worst that could happen is that the transplanted hairs might be rejected or thin and die like our original hairs somehow. I don't see what the delay could be?

I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote here.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not only will this not be done in 10 to 15 years, it won't be done at all. We have heard it all before, even with cancer research. Breakthrough after breakthrough which never turn into anything.

This is just more bs to keep the free grant money coming. It is like a carrot on a stick. If they aren't showing potential for a cure, the grant money dries up.

Well then... why don't you just hit the 'logout' button and come back in 50 years?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
This could be like LASIK. LASIK, which is a cure for bad eyesight, seems to have been approved very quickly.

The LASIK technique was implemented in the USA after its successful application elsewhere. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commenced a trial of the excimer laser in 1989. The first enterprise to receive FDA approval to use an excimer laser for photo-refractive keratectomy was Summit Technology (founder and CEO, Dr. David Muller).[SUP][/SUP] In 1992, under the direction of the FDA, Pallikaris introduced LASIK to ten VISX centres

Seems like if the cloned donor hairs work well in China and Japan it could be approved very quickly.

You're right, we have the power to expedite the entire process. We need to guest blog on every single site we can. Benji looks like he knows 1/10 of the science here but we don't need to really make it incredibly detailed and accurate as far as the procedure is concerened. Also, the infographic doesn't necessarily have to be a business type one, it can be cartoonish to grab attention and make it go viral.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you guys want to influence the process, which I understand fully, but it CAN happen if you take action, not just chit chat here. We need an ACTIVE hair loss foundation, by the balders for the balders...

Now one might say: these scientists do not need incentives, they have all the incentives to put a product on the market asap because of the return will be huge, not true, I think we are reaching an area that is not clear how patented it could be, since all these guys are arriving at the same thing with similar methods... Bottom line: something can be done but I am sure won't be done.

Balding folks like us could easily raise millions of dollars and give it to the first team that produces de novo hair on a NW6, X number of hairs minimum. Alternatively/in addition the foundation could hire people who would interview these scientists, bridge the gap with investors, particularly those scientists in developing countries... Hell, with enough money one can set up a lab and replicate these papers in some country that permits...

A lot could be done, but money speaks, trolling doesn't

[end of my troll]

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen this one here, taken from bernsteinmedical.com it mentions some of the obstacles:

[h=1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hair Cloning Researchers Outline Hurdles Towards Hair Loss Therapy[/FONT][/h][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]February 24th, 2014[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Dr. Claire Higgins and her colleague Dr. Colin Jahoda have published an overview of hair cloning and the challenges scientists face in attempting to develop hair regeneration therapies for androgenetic alopecia, or common balding. The article, published in Hair Transplant Forum International, points to two central problems in developing a hair loss therapy. The first is the difficulty in getting dermal papilla cells in humans to self-aggregate and form hair follicles and the second is the inability, thus far, of scientists to generate normal hairs and follicles.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Higgins and Jahoda describe how it has been known for decades, through the work of Lille and Wang and others, that rat dermal papillae self-organize into new hair-producing follicles when they are injected or grafted into skin. Human dermal papilla cells, on the other hand, have never exhibited what they call the “aggregation phenomena,” and instead they disperse in the skin in what appears to be a wound healing mechanism. In fact, human papillae, when grown in a laboratory culture, can act as “mesenchymal stem cells” and differentiate into a variety of cell types.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]While multiple efforts to induce dermal papillae to form new hair follicles have failed, the research that Higgins and Jahoda have published on hair follicle neogenesis has resulted in a new technique to do just that. The success of the 3-D culturing of dermal papillae to induce hair follicle neogenesis was a breakthrough in that the scientists have found a way to improve the intercellular communication that is essential to inducing follicle growth.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Having made significant progress in improving this vital communication link between dermal papillae cells, scientists still have to contend with a series of obstacles that stand in the way of a hair cloning therapy for human hair loss. One such problem is the quality of hairs that they have been able to grow using the hair follicle neogenesis technique. The hairs they have successfully produced have been small and have grown in non-uniform direction. Another unanswered issue is how long the hair follicles will grow and whether or not they exhibit the cyclical hair follicle growth patterns of a typical human hair follicle. The ability to reproduce significant quantities of normal hair will continue to be the central focus of research going forward.[/FONT]

ihatempb

Reaction score
The only concerning thing about using the clone cells is the material they are using it clone it in, i can't remember the name but desmond posted it on the btforum, Though i assume all of what they use will be safe in humans it is still something to consider down the line, because it seems like everything nowadays have side effects. Also, Idk why people are comparing this to cancer, do you have any idea how cancer works? its cell genetic mutation (improper cell mitosis), everything at the microcellular level is super complex. This also goes for the people talking about curing the genetics of male pattern baldness instead of using clone cells, changing the way our cells react is crazy complex. If we can clone hairs cells properly and inject them properly we don't need to understand their genetic makeup, if it just works safely /problemsolved. As far as timeline for this goes i am optimistic if everything we've been finding is true, because it means all the major hurdles are over with and just some small touch up before trials. With Japans new law i would assume they would be they first to offer this treament, good news is i always wanted to visit Japan. Until then we should enjoy our lives to its fullest, like someone said earlier. Some people can't see, talk, hear, walk, or are suffering from a terminal disease or deformities. Losing my hair is aesthetically the most depressing thing i've dealt it, but life is too short to not enjoy whatever you still do have.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
We now have hope on our side. A luxury that far too many cancer victims are missing. Hair loss is not the end of the world for us but rather the end of our world as we know it. Some day soon we may possess the power to change that.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RE cocohot, what you said is not accurate. They did not solve the full problem, there is still uncertainty on (1) whether they would grow in skin, although theoretically they should, (2) how will they grow, I mean current technology BHT specifically allows us to grow pubes on our scalp, we are looking for something better, so it will matter how it looks like, how long it survives, whether it will cycle normally and so on.

Re Cancer stuff, this is always a concern but keep in mind that stem cell research is already available and used in the "mass public". Dentists are often implanting stem cell bones for people with severe bone loss. It was in testing for few years.

But this is not stem cell, it needs to be compared to any other form of cell multplication in a labb (of your own cells) and injected back in you. Are there any known procedures which do that with other cells in the body?

- - - Updated - - -

a quick google answer my question above
http://www.scoi.com/cartilage-repair.php

- - - Updated - - -

so multiplication is currently used and that is just one example. It took a long time for approval but that was back in the days when people were skeptic about such treatments...

what is needed now is for a lab to jump to humans, which is what the taiwanese are doing, but I hope other would do it too. For us to have a viable treatment out of this in the next 5 years or so we need to have labs working on this now.

Too bad that PGD2 is not currently in trial, and that histogen is all but dead (they are not talking about hair anymore), and ...

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
This could be like LASIK. LASIK, which is a cure for bad eyesight, seems to have been approved very quickly.

The LASIK technique was implemented in the USA after its successful application elsewhere.

This is not a cure. It always regresses. Anyone who has had this will soon be wearing glasses. Fact.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are really sad. The FDA is in the back pocket of the phamaceutical companies. The phamaceutical companies can actually pay a fee to the FDA to speed up trials which is a direct conflict of interest. Some time ago the head of a phamaceutical company was made head of the FDA. The whole thing stinks. You guys don't have a clue what you are dealing with.