end of baldness.they figured it out all.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, many diseases have already been cured.

Nonetheless, the treatment descirbed in the opening post of this thread won't be available within the next 4 to 5 years. And cloning hair itself won't even solve male pattern baldness, as the tissue the cloned hair will be inserted into is still androgen-ridden, inflamed, and highly fibrotic. Cloned hair will live for a few years till they die off, just like transplanted ones. Regenerative medicine would help by repairing tissue and follicles each time the treatment is administered. But just the same, it won't be available before 2018/2919.

@karankaran: Nice to see another researcher by profession here. Makes us already (at least) three. But what the frak is going on with "Jews"? What does research have to do with a religious group? Never heard that before. Is it another one of those conspiracy theories in North America?

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Cloned hair will live for a few years till they die off, just like transplanted ones.

Transplanted hairs are permanent, they don't die after a couple of years.
Of course, the ones that "survive" the transplant, depending on the doctor skills.
So, no offence, but can you please stop asserting false things with this "knows-it-all/researcher" attitude?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Transplanted hairs are permanent, they don't die after a couple of years.
Of course, the ones that "survive" the transplant, depending on the doctor skills.
So, no offence, but can you please stop asserting false things with this "knows-it-all/researcher" attitude?
It is not yet understood if transplanted hair is DHT resistant (e.g. because it has way less androgen receptors), or if its perimeter tissue doesnt produce the DHT (which is the reason why local 5ar inhibition works in the first place, as it blocks local DHT production). If there are findings related to this, please post them.

So you are right that I shouldn't have made an absolute statement about cloned hair, but it is not certain that cloned hair will be resistant. As I said, if you got any papers on that, please provide them.

Edit:
According to what I read, the reason for transplanted hair surviving is not that the follicle itself is resistant to DHT, but it does not overproduce 5ar which would lead to DHT overproduction in surrounding skin tissue (source 1, source 2). This is not a paper, I know, but I couldnt find primary literature on this. Too much DHT around would still kill the hair off.

cocohot said:
If they just clone it from the hair on the back and side of your head it will never fall out.
See above. According to what I've read (but please correct me if I'm wrong), it is not known whether cloned hair would be resistant or not. I'll try to dig into it now; dreamermerlin was right I shouldnt have made an absolute statement.

cocohot said:
Why would it take 5 years? Hair cloning isn't a drug. Hair transplants are already established as safe. I don't think they'd even have to do any testing at all, would they?
Sorry, my mistake. Indeed, they would not need approval by the FDA or local equivalents.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not yet understood if transplanted hair is DHT resistant (e.g. because it has way less androgen receptors), or if its perimeter tissue doesnt produce the DHT (which is the reason why local 5ar inhibition works in the first place, as it blocks local DHT production). If there are findings related to this, please post them.

So you are right that I shouldn't have made an absolute statement about cloned hair, but it is not certain that cloned hair will be resistant. As I said, if you got any papers on that, please provide them.

Edit:
According to what I read, the reason for transplanted hair surviving is not that the follicle itself is resistant to DHT, but it does not overproduce 5ar which would lead to DHT overproduction in surrounding skin tissue (source 1, source 2). This is not a paper, I know, but I couldnt find primary literature on this. Too much DHT around would still kill the hair off.

See above. According to what I've read (but please correct me if I'm wrong), it is not known whether cloned hair would be resistant or not. I'll try to dig into it now; dreamermerlin was right I shouldnt have made an absolute statement.

Which is why I stated previously here that treatments like Finasteride and CB (if ever released) will still have their place if the stem cell treatment is really expensive.

However, if its relatively cheap, you could always go for a top up to fill in balding areas again as theres no 'donor depletion' through stem cell therapy. Or you could get such dense results with stem cell therapy that it would be a long time before you'd see the effects of thinning/receding/balding areas.

Whatever is the case, this stem cell therapy needs to come out FAST, none of this 'within 5 years' bullsh*t.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
another 5 years is bullschlacka ... im with you on that . now I will pray.

Something must be done to fast track the process...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I understand the first post correctly, they've come up with a way to clone hair. Why would it take 5 years? Why can't they transplant that hair right away? If it isn't a drug why would it need to be tested for safety? Transplanting hair is already established as being safe.

Why couldn't a hair transplant surgeon fly there tomorrow with a sample of your hair, come back with you when just 5 days later when it's finished cloning and transplant it on your head?

I agree somewhat but I would still want AT LEAST one safety trial followed by a second larger safety trial. If the treatment works, it will be known RIGHT AWAY from the first safety trial as the results will be stupidly obvious; either hair is there or not! I wouldn't want to transplant follicles that contain anything dangerous and risk something far greater than hair loss/social rejection.

I really don't think efficacy trials will be needed... that should be easily determined from a single safety trial.

I see what youre sayign though! If they're already follicles, what is so different from them coming from a donor area via traditional hair transplant. It's not like we're injecting pure stem cells that MAY turn into something else. These would be fully functioning and COMPLETED organoids, ie; follicles.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone needs to email some hair transplant surgeons and make them aware of this to get the wheels in motion. Maybe this is big news in Japan but I've only heard of it here in this thread.

If they aren't lying and if it can be repeated reliably this could actually be the cure. Here. Today. No more waiting, no more testing or work required. A surgeon could spend 1 week cloning the hair and the next putting 30 000 strands of hair on your head and you would have a full head of hair again. I'm not saying get excited but we should be taking this seriously, they are claiming unlimited donar hair.

I added more to my last comment:

I see what youre sayign though! If they're already follicles, what is so different from them coming from a donor area via traditional hair transplant. It's not like we're injecting pure stem cells that MAY turn into something else. These would be fully functioning and COMPLETED organoids, ie; follicles.

So yeah, if the cells didn't turn out into anything cancerous, and obviously they didnt turn into anything else if they turned into follicles, that is enough, our work is done. Cure for all, no more of this social demonization bullsh*t we gotta put up with.

But if it took a hair transplant doctor a WEEK, it'd be very costly. However, I don't think that will be the case. I think cultivating the cells will be rather quick, but we gotta figure out how to efficiently get the follicles to grown in a straight line, upwards en mass (in the thousands!). I don't know how the process for this would be, maybe someone could shed some light? I mean, suppose you did inject the cells... there'd be the possibility of the follicles developing upside down and having an ingrown hair... many hairs actually.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Since you put it out here first Mr. Benjt, I'm going to have to ask you to expand /expound somewhat on your aforesaid remark regarding the research profession. Of course, it is your choice whether you choose to engage and respond to my question or not. What ever does one's line of profession have to do with participating members of a hair loss forum? Moreover as an alleged member of the professional community, I am particularly confounded how is it that you believe repeatedly making snide references to North Americans has any real substantive value here to this thread discussion? My thanks in advance.
Yes, many diseases have already been cured.

Nonetheless, the treatment descirbed in the opening post of this thread won't be available within the next 4 to 5 years. And cloning hair itself won't even solve male pattern baldness, as the tissue the cloned hair will be inserted into is still androgen-ridden, inflamed, and highly fibrotic. Cloned hair will live for a few years till they die off, just like transplanted ones. Regenerative medicine would help by repairing tissue and follicles each time the treatment is administered. But just the same, it won't be available before 2018/2919.

@karankaran: Nice to see another researcher by profession here. Makes us already (at least) three. But what the frak is going on with "Jews"? What does research have to do with a religious group? Never heard that before. Is it another one of those conspiracy theories in North America?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a machine that implants the hair called ARTAS. FredTheBelgian posted it in my thread. Maybe the machine could do the bulk of the work, 20 000 of the hairs, and the hairline and the crown, which require the "artists touch" could be done by the surgeon?

If that's the case, it would significantly reduce the amount of work/time required to fill an entire norwood 7, further bringing down the cost. I think the majority of the costs for hair transplants come from the time required of the doctor, not so much from the materials used... although machines like that would be VERY expensive.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but if this works the hair transplant surgeon could make a one time big investment of buying the machine and the upturn in business that would come would easily pay for it, wouldn't it? Imagine how much someone like John Travolta, who appears to be almost psychotic about this, would pay for a complete head of hair?

I bet John Travolta would pay for all the equipment, the office building, the procedure itself and then some just to regain all the hair on his head. I'm sure other wealthy celebrities would go to the same length.

But initial costs will be high, so a doctor would need to invest a lot of time and money in getting the setup and learning how to use the equipment along with harvesting and growing follicles. This would also be needed to take into account as to how long it will take so its absolutely VITAL that these damn clinical trials don't go on forever because otherwise our lives will continue to be sh*t and we'll die bald and look back a life of misery and depression. I have NO desire to go out like that. The last few years have already taken their toll on my psyche.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I am not interested in inciting an argument :) merely a little clarification that may help me to better understand the hypocrisy that Benjt regularly demonstrates. Hands down there is much exciting news developing that I would prefer to divest my attention and energies toward understanding it better.
There's a machine that implants the hair called ARTAS. FredTheBelgian posted it in my thread. Maybe the machine could do the bulk of the work, 20 000 of the hairs, and the hairline and the crown, which require the "artists touch" could be done by the surgeon?

Why are people arguing? The cure is here, rejoice!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus, relax, it isn't that important! It would be great to have hair but it's no reason to be miserable and depressed. So you have to settle for less attractive women, it isn't that big of a deal! And just as there are men who like fat women or women with hairy armpits, there are women out there who prefer bald men. Otherwise our ancestors couldn't have reproduced, could they?

Are there any hair transplant surgeons who post on this board whose opinion on this we could get?

It *is* that big of a deal and it goes well beyond just women. I didn't win the gene lottery in a superficial world, and I'm fine with that, but I do NOT want to be completely gimped over my hair loss.

And settling for less attractive women IS a deal... physical attraction DOES count so if I can't get it up, what the hell is the point of trying to be intimate when sex is a basic human need? And why settle for less??

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haha hellouser in other words you mean. i need hair in order to be loved? hellouser lol the emotional pain you will encounter after the in love phase or after break up and loss of a loved one will make you say.-i wish i was bald and single.needing hair should not be such serious trying i believe.you still young why dont you start working out and when a cure is out get it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
haha hellouser in other words you mean. i need hair in order to be loved? hellouser lol the emotional pain you will encounter after the in love phase or after break up and loss of a loved one will make you say.-i wish i was bald and single.needing hair should not be such serious trying i believe.you still young why dont you start working out and when a cure is out get it.

Been there, done that. However, that versus being balding and singled OUT are two different things and both equally devastating.

Suggesting to work out is bullsh*t, I'll still be a balding reject.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Manifest destiny full speed ahead.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
buzz and smp? are we truly so option less. ? i am anxious because if my results relapse i am lost. lol.
Been there, done that. However, that versus being balding and singled OUT are two different things and both equally devastating.

Suggesting to work out is bullsh*t, I'll still be a balding reject.

- - - Updated - - -

hellouser? ********* cant do sth to us? have you seen results. i suggest a flight to antalya-********* and then to rome milena. or try some wounding first.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
buzz and smp? are we truly so option less. ? i am anxious because if my results relapse i am lost. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

hellouser? ********* cant do sth to us? have you seen results. i suggest a flight to antalya-********* and then to rome milena. or try some wounding first.

I'm waiting on Pilofocus and going in for a treatment ASAP. Fvck this disease. I need to fill in my temples and thicken up the rest a little and I'm done. 2-3,000 grafts and I'll be pretty satisfied.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
my hairloss as been very noticeable to people at work, or people who haven't seen me a couple of years...

..you know? -- they notice, they may even make a comment or take a harder look, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter to them ...for them I am just another guy who is getting older and realizing it with my hairloss, which isn't UNCOMMON in the world...so what?? It doesn't change anything that really matters in life...

...In the last week, I've had a couple very pleasant exchanges with young, pretty check-out clerks who just were downright nice, chatty and could give a rats-*** that I have a thin head of hair...male pattern baldness happens, its nothing that people judge you over...so this BS that I am treated like a second-rate citizen because of it is garbage....you're treated like a second-rate person in the "shallow" world, and if that's where you want to be, fine, but don't cry the blues because you're persecuted...

...I've been through soooooo many relationships and have had my fill of it..at 44, I am HAPPY as **** to be on my own...I could be with someone if I want..but if I had a full head of hair, I'd be falling into the same life traps I always have....losing my hair has been a tough, but important, life experience for me that has changed me and has made me grow past the ego-driven shallowness of this world...I never wanted to be a part of "that" world, now with my hairloss I've accepted who I am and I'm free to be me....

if you think that is BS, than fine...but iI'd rather be the "me" I've learned who I am now as opposed to be the "former" me with hair and totally without a clue screwing around my life with things that aren't important...I've learned that!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Our hair loss struggle has painfully displaced our identity I am encouraged when I hear testimonies like yours and other "prisoner's" like yourself who have learned that your determined minds are the real master even when it is self evident that your bodies may never literally shake the manacles of your oppression (hair loss).Depression and hair loss are inextricably twined. Aside from a cure or more likely better treatment we can rely on no one but ourselves to cope with the lifelong sentence of hair loss. The burden falls on oneself to adapt a coping strategy and solely up to our own state of self worth and will power to organize an escape. We will never completely forget our oppressor because we are physically bound to this condition and regularly lashed by the cultural bias' around us. Cynical by nature yet I have heard and read enough personal accounts such as yours to conclude they have merit. Just because we may be held captive in a chronic and oppressive three dimensional place, this limiting reality need not necessarily extend or superimpose itself permanently on our tortured and/or damaged psyche. We are all hair loss sufferers, yet never believe that hair loss sufferers is all we are. Life is all about seeking or exercising our inalienable right for freedom. Baldness has accomplished a damn good job getting us to lose sight of this elusive absolute truth.