Effects Of Excessive Masturbation On Hair Loss And Proneness To Side Effects Of 5arr

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, high schools are filled with kids who have receding hairlines. Masturbation increases hairloss in those who are more prone to male pattern baldness. Some people bald faster than others.

Where the hell did you go to high school? High schools today are filled with narcissistic, superficial idiots who think they’re balding and a tiny fraction of which are actually balding. There is no better illustration of that than this board.

5 times a week is not excessive. 5 hours a day is exccessive. Based on my experience 5 times a day does nothing to your hair, but 5 hours a day causes hair loss no matter how much finasteride or minoxidil you take. And there is no difference between sex and masturbation. I feel the same intense tingling on my scalp after 5 hours of sex that I do after 5 hours of masturbation, and notice the same increase in shedding.

What the f***? No one here believes you are having sex for 5 hours straight, but I get why you would put that in there. But seriously, what kind kind of idiot jacks for 5 hours straight? You don’t need to be worried about your hair, you should be worried about ripping the skin off your dick...

How do you know it had absolutely no effect on your hair if you we're doing it on and off? I wasn't thinning or anything but my hair quality is much better than it was before. From soft and silky (before puberty and masturbation) to dull and lifeless and now it's soft and silky again.

soft hair > soft dick/no sex
The more you know...

WTF is up with this thread. Wanking causes hair loss? People need to read some books, nonfiction,

Coping mechanism. People are desperate to figure out a way to control something that can’t be controlled. I guess they still think they can crack the secret cure to hairloss through anecdotal exploration or something.

For those with finasteride ED, it helps them live with the price they’re paying, for those who still have functional equipment, I have no idea. I guess if living a sexless life and fearing your own penis helps you feel better then more power to you...

If you want to beat your dick, do it. If you don’t, dont. If you can’t, and you need to pretend like it’s a good thing, fine, but don’t expect to be taken seriously. If you’re jacking off enough to think it’s affecting your hair, you got a whole different problem going on. It’s not good to excessively do anything, masturbation is no different.

You can make an argument that just about anything in excess can be bad for your hair if you really want to.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really care what you believe. I've had sex for like 8 hours straight, but that's cumming like 5 or 6 times with multiple women. I used to edge to p**rn for 5 hours like it was nothing. A heavy day was 12 hours+. It's hard for people without sex addictions to comprehend, but there are a lot of guys like me out there. If you think hair loss is purely genetic you are delusional. Everything has a genetic component to it, and an environmental component. Excessive masturbation is just one factor. I'm not saying it's the only reason people lose hair, but it certainly is a factor for some people, or even the primary factor in some cases. I actually had a guy attack me in another thread like this, just like you basically calling me a moron and saying it's completely genetic. He private messaged me saying of course masturbation causes hair loss, but he doesn't want people to know that because it makes baldies look bad. Sorry, but it's a factor for some people. Actually it's probably a factor for a lot of people today with p**rn addiction being rampant now.

5 / 12+ hours...?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
soft hair > soft dick/no sex
The more you know...

If you want to beat your dick, do it. If you don’t, dont. If you can’t, and you need to pretend like it’s a good thing, fine, but don’t expect to be taken seriously. If you’re jacking off enough to think it’s affecting your hair, you got a whole different problem going on. It’s not good to excessively do anything, masturbation is no different.
Ignorant pussy. If you tried it for yourself you'd know your dick doesn't get softer. Keep jerking off to pixels on a screen and pretend it's normal.

Last edited:

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even worse, it's my theory that after several hours of masturbation when your androgens have been depleted, and your adrenal glands exhausted, your body converts all its energy to producing DHT over other androgens because DHT is most potent and your body's number one goal is procreate. It starts creating as much of it as it can, anywhere it can, including in the scalp.
Just use Dutasteride. Problem solved.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not quite. Dutasteride only reduces scalp dht by 51% vs 41% with finasteride. I stay away from p**rn now for the most part. Finasteride worked really well for me before, but only when I wasn't watching p**rn. I started watching p**rn again and it stopped working completely.
The remaining DHT that dutasteride leaves is 5AR Type 1. It isn't proven to causes Androgenetic Alopecia. But i don't disclaim you or anything, im just trying to makes sense of all this.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is only one type of DHT, it is created by 5AR-I or 5AR-II, but its effects are the same. Dutasteride significantly inhibits both main types of 5-AR whereas finasteride mainly inhibits type II. It's thought that dutasteride's superiority over finasteride is partly due to also inhibiting 5-AR type 1, as it is also present in the scalp. 5AR-II is more present in the DP which is why that's considered more important to suppress. Either way you're still leaving a significant amount of DHT in the scalp which is why neither drug is perfect.
I always thought that dutasteride's superiority to finasteride was due to dutasteride inhibiting 5AR type 2 approximately 3 times more potently than finasteride. Oh well, the more you know. Thanks.

Migraine

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the bottom line here is that masturbating / having sex around 1-2 times a week doesn’t elevate the DHT levels in the scalp enough to have an visible impact on your hair loss?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is only one type of DHT, it is created by 5AR-I or 5AR-II, but its effects are the same. Dutasteride significantly inhibits both main types of 5-AR whereas finasteride mainly inhibits type II. It's thought that dutasteride's superiority over finasteride is partly due to also inhibiting 5-AR type 1, as it is also present in the scalp. 5AR-II is more present in the DP which is why that's considered more important to suppress. Either way you're still leaving a significant amount of DHT in the scalp which is why neither drug is perfect.

There are actually 3 types of 5AR 1, 2 and 3...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5α-Reductase

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score

Not saying they are definetly wrong in regards to hair loss. But there's loads of sources out there that claim masturbation has no affect on erectile function. Which is clearly not true from the millions of online anecdoctal adccounts that refute this.
One of the myths from that 1st link is "cause impotence in men and infertility in women".
I can tell you excessive masturbation gave me ED. There are many accounts of this online. Its called PIED.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've seen on the forums there are probably more people with ED from p**rn than from finasteride.

I clearly haven't seen that and the everyday side effects posts from here, reddit and the other hair loss forums clearly confirm that. And it's not like you could actually base your beliefs on anecdotal reports of some people over the internet and believe them blindly without knowing them personally, their medical history, former life, habits, genes, environment, etc... We can assume a lot of things yes, does not mean they are actually true.

The only way when you could potentially make an idea about a thing like this is when you see at least thousands and thousands reporting the same sh*t over and over again, with the same words and experiences, like in the case of finasteride sides or minoxidil even is. But even like this, you don't have any guarantee that the information is 100% accurate or that you could actually get some valid data out of it, from behind of your keyboard, reading stories over the internet, without any element of study or statistic available.

You can do that from studies, meta analysis and so on, but i'm sure most of you already know that...

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope. I didn't say it's a fact. I'm just saying looking at the p**rn addiction forums it seems like nearly everyone on there has developed ED. On here it's just a small, albeit very vocal minority. I will say that in my own experience p**rn didn't give me ED, but I think it made it harder to get an erection with a woman versus p**rn. Going on dutasteride had me getting random boners just for no reason.

I have to admit that i experienced that also in one of my first long term relationships and i'm sure that p**rn was not the only factor, it was the long time seeing the same women and not getting along with her like we used too, our work that did not correlate and permit us seeing eachother enough, watching a little p**rn also of course, bad diets, bad sleep, stress... So you can't actually make as i already said, an accurate analysis or what is really going on in different persons lives, because nobody f*****g knows them, their medical history, their daily lives, what they eat, how they look, etc... Wtf all of you guys blame anecdotal reports when it comes to sides for example, even if they all say the same thing over and over again, but when it comes to other things, that fit your narratives, you give the same anecdotal reports as evidence for your believes...

And regarding dutasteride, people react differently that's clear and nothing new about it and let's hope that with time it will stay the same and does not cause other problems, or lingering ones that just build up with time. It's good too see people that have positive response, that's how it should be for everyone if you ask me, but unfortunately it's not the case, that's why it's so hard to trust anecdotal experiences, too many factors to take in mind. Wtf, we are forum users, most of us normal people even if we read a lot and document ourselves, but we are still normal people, at least the majority, and don't have the tools to really find out what the truth is, i think that even science does not have them yet and there is a lot more to uncover, in many domains.

And now imagine and think what our opinions or knowledge means, in the grand scheme of things...

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. The best thing we can do is look at the clinical data, and evaluate the safety that way. Doing that it's clear that 5-ARIs are one of the safest drugs you will ever take, and only a small minority will have issues on them over 5 years.

No, not exactly, because if the clinical data is biased and based on interests, it does not mean sh*t, and those same thousand of anecdotal reports have more value than all those financed with interests studies. And all the recent info available suggests clearly that it's not that safe as it was pushed into the market. Desperate people, especially young and insecure ones will believe only what they want, it's even a term in psychiatry and psychology, it's something like a selective vision, where you only see and accept what fits your narrative. If you chose after all the other things that are against your narrative or the treatment that is the only thing that gives results, just because you are desperate, insecure and suicidal, that does not mean that the treatment is actually safe. There are people who have all the sides and say that for them, it's worth it, who the f*** am i to say they are not, for them...

What i never understood about finasteride fanatics and people who chose these treatments, wtf are you all so deeply emotionally invested, do you really not see that you have other problems that is causing this obsession in defending a pill made by some people that made and make a fortune out of you buying it? Who the f*** cares about it, i mean i don't give a f*** what you take or accept, you can grow a vagina if you ask me, if you are good with it, i don't care, i don't want the drug or other drugs to be banned if they keep you from killing yourself and any normal human would think the same. The problem is that when a drug is causing massive damage around the world, like VIOXX did, one of the many other drugs that Merk manufactured, when you know how they manipulate studies, FDA approvals and many other things that none of us actually know, if you chose even then to actually see only what your desperation and insecurities want you too see, than what can i say, good luck and don't wonder if you end up in that pool of "unlucky 2%" of people who get fucked, or maybe permanently.

There are tons over the hair loss forums that are just like you, or were like you until they got fucked, and after, just look at them coming and crying that they were sorry they did not believe others and that they thought that everybody was insane and that the studies were right and the drug was safe...

Here are your finasteride studies, a meta analysis of all of them plus a bonus from the Korean Journal of Urology, check their sources, their conflicts of interests if you find any and after chose to believe whatever the f*** you want, let's hope you nail it and in the long term that choice won't come back and haunt you...

The Dark Side of 5α-Reductase Inhibitors' Therapy: Sexual Dysfunction, High Gleason Grade Prostate Cancer and Depression

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064044/

Adverse Event Reporting in Clinical Trials of Finasteride for Androgenic Alopecia: A Meta-analysis.

RESULTS:
Of 34 clinical trials, none had adequate safety reporting, 19 were partially adequate, 12 were inadequate, and 3 reported no adverse events. Funnel plots were asymmetric with a bias toward lower odds ratio for sexual adverse effects, suggesting systematic underdetection. No reports assessed adequacy of blinding, 18 (53%) disclosed conflicts of interest, and 19 (56%) received funding from the manufacturer. Duration of drug safety evaluation was 1 year or less for 26 of 34 trials (76%). Of 5704 men in the clinical data repository who were treated for Androgenetic Alopecia with finasteride, 1.25 mg/d or less, for Androgenetic Alopecia, only 31% met inclusion criteria for the pivotal trials referenced in the manufacturer's full prescribing information and 33% took finasteride for more than 1 year.

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE:
Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with Androgenetic Alopecia is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased. In a cohort of men prescribed finasteride for routine treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia, most would have been excluded from the pivotal studies that supported US Food and Drug Administration approval for Androgenetic Alopecia. Published reports of clinical trials provide insufficient information to establish the safety profile for finasteride in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25830296

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.692.4105&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Court let Merck hide secrets about a popular drug’s risks

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-courts-secrecy-propecia/

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Type III is not involved in hair loss, and not impacted by finasteride or dutasteride.
No, 5AR type 3 is inhibited by both finasteride and dutasteride. From wiki : Finasteride (brand names Proscar, Propecia) inhibits the function of two of the isoenzymes (types 2 and 3) of 5α-reductase.[6][7] It decreases circulating DHT levels by up to about 70%.[8] Dutasteride (brand name Avodart) inhibits all three 5α-reductase isoenzymes and can decrease DHT levels by 95%.[9][10] It can also reduce DHT levels in the prostate by 97 to 99% in men with prostate cancer.[11][12]

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mistake. Type III is not involved in hair loss though, so it doesn't really matter except for potential side effects of which I doubt there are any. I don't think 5-AR3 is important for anything.
I agree, even though it is still pretty much unknown, supposedly it contributes to only very small amounts of overall DHT (1/2 to 2/3 of serum DHT is from 5AR type 2, the remaining is from 5AR Type 1, so that leaves 5AR Type 3 on the non important side).

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol And you're not biased, and the lawyers who funded that study aren't biased.

The lawyers who funded what study lol? Give some links, some references, nobody is stupid enough to actually look into your desperate mouths that scream only insecurities and big words thrown without having facts or actual evidence. Show proof of the conflict of interest and where it says that the studies were financed by lawyers. You can find any sources and references of any study ever made on finasteride, that's how they f*****g did the meta analysis, i really can't understand how you keep coming with these mind blowing non funded by nothing arguments. It only shows more how desperate, delusional, blind, biased and mind f*** some of you guys are.

We understand, you are so desperate and insecure about your looks that if you don't do something to keep your hair, you might even kill yourselves. finasteride and dutasteride didn't cause that much harm in the world, according to numbers and considering the number of people that are taking it, and they didn't cause that much harm from your or the medical industries perspective, cos my perspective is different, for me even one men that dies innocently and because of a drug is enough to try and save other by banning it. But considering the way the world works, nobody is gonna ban it soon and nobody is gonna take it away from you, that does not mean that it's safe, that does not mean that everybody is stupid enough in believing what your narratives and sick minds wants to believe and so on. That's why we all have the same information available and we all have access to it, i personally don't give a f*** about what you or others think, i made my research by my own and i took my conclusions based on my perspective, knowledge and information and you did also, move on, it's a free site, it's not a bald forum, it's not a finasteride or dutasteride forum or a tranny one, it's a hair loss forum and everybody that wants can come here and share their opinions and mindset about hair loss, about treatments and so on.

The only fact that 99% of finasteride, dutasteride and tranny drug users are so emotionally invested in these treatments, shows clearly that most of you have other things going and that some therapy could help a lot of you, maybe showing them your post history also. Now keep ignoring my words and detailed explanations like any delusional ignorant and insecure kid would and read only what you want, believe only what you want, i have nothing personal invested in this and don't really care about others opinions, i lurk this forum for long enough time and i know most of you, your mindsets and opinions, based on your post histories that is available to anybody anytime. I don't know you personally, but you could make an idea of what kind of people you are from what you write, the way you do it, your time spent on these forums and so on.