Effects Of Excessive Masturbation On Hair Loss And Proneness To Side Effects Of 5arr

INT

Reaction score
You're both right and wrong, but it's beside the point. The point is masturbation increases DHT:

"The levels of pregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHA), androstenedione, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), oestrone, oestradiol, cortisol and luteinizing hormone (LH) were measured in the peripheral plasma of a group of young, apparently healthy males before and after masturbation. The same steroids were also determined in a control study, in which the psychological anticipation of masturbation was encouraged, but the physical act was not carried out. The plasma levels of all steroids were significantly increased after masturbation, whereas steroid levels remained unchanged in the control study."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/135817

Where am I wrong then?

INT

Reaction score
You're derailing the thread. It's beside the point so there's point in correcting you.
One more post of you explaining where I was wrong will not make a big difference. You can also just add your explanation to the post where you said I was wrong. Also, it is not derailing the thread since we are discussing the original topic on a mechanistic level so it kind of sounds like you simply do not really have an answer, which is not the first time btw.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what happens if you’re on hardcore AAs (e.g. GnRH agonists, LNRH agonists) along with 5AR inhibitors and masturbate for five hours, in regards to hair loss...

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're both right and wrong, but it's beside the point. The point is masturbation increases DHT:

"The levels of pregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHA), androstenedione, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), oestrone, oestradiol, cortisol and luteinizing hormone (LH) were measured in the peripheral plasma of a group of young, apparently healthy males before and after masturbation. The same steroids were also determined in a control study, in which the psychological anticipation of masturbation was encouraged, but the physical act was not carried out. The plasma levels of all steroids were significantly increased after masturbation, whereas steroid levels remained unchanged in the control study."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/135817
Shouldn't this increase last for only a fraction of a time ?? It's not like it takes weeks for all steroids levels to go back to baseline. So unless a big surge of DHT is created, travels to the scalp, and attacks the follicles non stop, i don't see how masturbating can unleash hell on follicles.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what happens if you’re on hardcore AAs (e.g. GnRH agonists, LNRH agonists) along with 5AR inhibitors and masturbate for five hours, in regards to hair loss...
I don't think you would have the libido for masturbation then, or even an erection :p

INT

Reaction score
I think you should test this for us.

Edging for hours at a time is a different story. Significantly increasing DHT for hours on end day in and day out is worse than taking steroids.

Source? Or is asking for a source also bullying?

INT

Reaction score
Seriously dude? Are you just going to ignore the study that I already posted showing masturbation increases DHT? If you're looking for a double-blind, placebo controlled study directly linking male pattern baldness to masturbation you're never going to get it because devising such a study is impossible.

Nope. Just asking you to backup this claim you made: "Edging for hours at a time is a different story. Significantly increasing DHT for hours on end day in and day out is worse than taking steroids"

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope. Just asking you to backup this claim you made: "Edging for hours at a time is a different story. Significantly increasing DHT for hours on end day in and day out is worse than taking steroids"
Go cower behind your scientists. How about you actually stop masturbating and see how you feel? You'd never last a day because you're addicted.

INT

Reaction score
Seriously!? Obviously that's supposition. No, there will never be a study done to prove that it is true or not. You are OCD, aren't you?

How about you go masturbate for 12 hours straight and then see what your scalp feels like. I doubt you can even maintain an erection for that long.

The increase in androgens of masturbation is not even close to the increase in androgens that you will get from most steroids so your supposition is wrong. So asking for claritifactions and sources is bullying and telling someone that they are factually wrong when they are is OCD... OK.

INT

Reaction score
Go cower behind your scientists. How about you actually stop masturbating and see how you feel? You'd never last a day because you're addicted.

Last time I masturbated was around 8 days ago so... And yes, factuallly, I prefer to stand behind science. I know that is a bad thing in Broscienceland but hey...Who am I to judge?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last time I masturbated was around 8 days ago so... And yes, factuallly, I prefer to stand behind science. I know that is a bad thing in Broscienceland but hey...Who am I to judge?
8 days is nothing. Try a month and then relapse and you'll notice the difference.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Difference in what?
Well, since you hardly masturbate you won't notice as much benefits as other people. But anything I say isn't backed up by science so you'll just say it's a placebo. I don't need scientific facts to tell me that I feel better after abstaining for a year.

INT

Reaction score

Look up the autopsy report of Dallas McCarver and look at his Androgen levels (I am on my phone). If I remember correctly, they were EIGHTY times higher than the average for a male. If you can find me a source of masturbation giving that same increase I will shut up:).

INT

Reaction score
Well, since you hardly masturbate you won't notice as much benefits as other people. But anything I say isn't backed up by science so you'll just say it's a placebo. I don't need scientific facts to tell me that I feel better after abstaining for a year.

I never claimed abstaining from masturbation cannot make you feel better if you are addicted to it. I totally agree with this. Nice strawman though. We were talking about the effect on hair.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never claimed abstaining from masturbation cannot make you feel better if you are addicted to it. I totally agree with this. Nice strawman though. We were talking about the effect on hair.
You wouldn't notice a difference with your hair because you probably don't do it excessively. I think it's the combination of excessive masturbation + edging + p**rn that increases hairloss in some people.

INT

Reaction score
You wouldn't notice a difference with your hair because you probably don't do it excessively. I think it's the combination of excessive masturbation + edging + p**rn that increases hairloss in some people.

Man I have masturbated a lot at long periods of time, till the point of addiction where I could not even sleep without it. I have also gone on periods of nofap. Both had absolutely zero effect on the thinning process of my hair and yes, I have monitored my loss for close to ten years now.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I have masturbated a lot at long periods of time, till the point of addiction where I could not even sleep without it. I have also gone on periods of nofap. Both had absolutely zero effect on the thinning process of my hair and yes, I have monitored my loss for close to ten years now.
How do you know it had absolutely no effect on your hair if you we're doing it on and off? I wasn't thinning or anything but my hair quality is much better than it was before. From soft and silky (before puberty and masturbation) to dull and lifeless and now it's soft and silky again.

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF is up with this thread. Wanking causes hair loss? People need to read some books, nonfiction,

Reactions: INT