Effects Of Excessive Masturbation On Hair Loss And Proneness To Side Effects Of 5arr

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You still didn't prove how it makes it "slightly worse", so you remain biased.

About it being a stupid practise or not, masturbation relieves stress and brings pleasure, and those are facts. Not everyone is swimming in pussy, and with women's pathetic high standarts nowadays, i really don't see any negative to masturbation.
Sorry, I was meant to say excessive masturbation. I think 3-5 times a month is okay for those who can't handle a huge amount of sexual energy (some people do quit nofap because it makes them more aggressive) but I think p**rn is the main problem. These usually go hand in hand so it's hard to say which is worse.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I was meant to say excessive masturbation. I think 3-5 times a month is okay for those who can't handle a huge amount of sexual energy (some people do quit nofap because it makes them more aggressive) but I think p**rn is the main problem. These usually go hand in hand so it's hard to say which is worse.
I agree with you about the p**rn thingy. p**rn is highly addictive, and it does render men weak.

But i still support masturbation, if it means a quick,easy way of relieving stress and even falling asleep. All in all, if you are worried about masturbation releasing more DHT into your follicles, just hop on 5ARIs and problem solved.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you about the p**rn thingy. p**rn is highly addictive, and it does render men weak.

But i still support masturbation, if it means a quick,easy way of relieving stress and even falling asleep. All in all, if you are worried about masturbation releasing more DHT into your follicles, just hop on 5ARIs and problem solved.
I don't think I'll ever masturbate again. Its been a rough journey and I had a huge flatline but now I feel better than I ever have since I started masturbating.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has it been proven that masturbating increases T? Read an article that said Tyson Fury had been whacking off 7 times a day before he destroyed Wilder to increase his T levels.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has it been proven that masturbating increases T? Read an article that said Tyson Fury had been whacking off 7 times a day before he destroyed Wilder to increase his T levels.
Jerking off does not lead to any increase in T levels in the long term.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jerking off does not lead to any increase in T levels in the long term.
The same way nofap doesn't either. Some fighters abstain from all kinds of sexual release a week or so before a fight because t levels peak at 7 days and then it drops back to normal afterwards.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regardless of whether it causes hairloss theres really nothing more depressing in life that blowing your own load all over yourself.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether it caueses balding or not. I do think that it may increase the chances of side effects. I also have bad sleep. I got side effects easily from saw palm. I reckon it may be due to both activities.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not all about AR sensitivity. I am not at all "allergic" to androgens. Based on my AR sensitivity I should never go bald, yet I almost went completely bald. DHT is produced to maintain an erection, and scientific studies back this up. There have been no scientific studies on masturbation and baldness, but there have been studies on hormones and masturbation that show DHT does increase. 5 hours a week of maintaining an erection isn't going to make you go bald, but 5 hours every day is producing a tremendous amount of extra DHT.
What do you mean by that ?? Do you know how sensitive your scalp ARs ?? How did you measure that ??

Plus, if you are balding, it means that your scalp is allergic to androgens, and to reduce such allergy, you must reduce the cause (androgens). Some do well on 5ARIs, but alot need more big approaches.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was in highschool some friends of mine used to discuss about how many times they masturbated per day, and most of them would say "4 or 5 a day". As far as I know they are still a bunch of virgin nowadays, and none of them are balding.

However, there were times, like 2 years ago, when I masturbated and felt a tingling sensation on my scalp. I didn't know what it was, but it surprised me to see this sensation associated to hair loss.

INT

Reaction score
No kidding. A lot of people have sex and p**rn addiction problems. 5 hours is actually nothing, I've edged for 36 hours straight before.

It's not all about AR sensitivity. I am not at all "allergic" to androgens. Based on my AR sensitivity I should never go bald, yet I almost went completely bald. DHT is produced to maintain an erection, and scientific studies back this up. There have been no scientific studies on masturbation and baldness, but there have been studies on hormones and masturbation that show DHT does increase. 5 hours a week of maintaining an erection isn't going to make you go bald, but 5 hours every day is producing a tremendous amount of extra DHT.

DHT is not produced 'to maintain an erection'. However, androgens (not just DHT) do play a big role in maintaining erections. Certain androgens have higher binding af. with certain receptors but still they can kind of 'take over each other's roles', which is why you could still lose hair with basically no DHT but very high test. Someone with very high T and very low DHT should in most cases not have many issues with getting/maintaining an erection because their total androgen levels are sufficient.