Dutasteride

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Chuck, I thik zak34 was trying to get a hold of you in the main discussion screen. Go check it out!

Peace!

XL

Den22

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been using various treatments for years. Started with Minoxodil when it first came out with no effect, the Propecia which was working but not brilliantly so I moved to Proscar and upped the dose to 2 mg a day. I took 1 mg in morning and 1 mg at night and had good results. Definate improved hair density and no more tears at looking at hairs on the bathroom floor. I then changed to avodart (Dutsteride) and have just changed back to proscar after 4 months as I was finding a steady increase in hair loss. I am going to continue with proscar and use a growth stimulant. Any idea on which one I could use as Minoxodil topical aggrevates my scalp?

Morale of the story is to try things and use the ones that work for you! I dont believe Dutateride is the holy grail but offers a new possible solution for everyone.

Good luck

speedy

Reaction score
Does minoxidil grow hairs on my temporal area a to abolish a slightly receding hairline?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any idea on which one I could use as Minoxodil topical aggrevates my scalp?

Den, minoxidil is the BEST frowth stimulant available, 5% version is recomended. Use it WITH the finasteride for best results, as with dht supressed, you have a better environment for hair growth now! :hairy:

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Lizzad said:
Den, minoxidil is the BEST frowth stimulant available, 5% version is recomended. Use it WITH the finasteride for best results, as with dht supressed, you have a better environment for hair growth now! :hairy:

What's up my cold blooded friend! Hey, are you on dutasteride?

XL

marcus

Reaction score
hi all, im thinking of moving onto Dutasteride from finasteride.
do i need to wean myself off finasteride first, or is ok to stop taking it straight away when i start taking dutasteride.
thanks.

ohno

Reaction score
Few is known but i don't think those two drugs affect each other,
i believe that the only effect is a small rise in DHT blocking,
more than it is attributable to dutasteride alone,
that will last for a fiew(1-2) days, with all the consiquences.

Finasteride has a low half life of 6 hours, so after a day it's practically
too low to have any effect.

If you didn't have any side effects with Finasteride i don't think
this transition phase will affect you significantlly.

(It's common sense not to adopt everithing you read on forums
so it's wise to ask a couple of good, caring doctors on this :)

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride to dutasteride

I responded to finasteride treatment very well for about three years. Now its effects are beginning to wane. Does anybody here feel that I would benefit form a switch from finasteride to dutasteride, or would it be to much of a risk. Also, what dose would be best. I've resd dtorie about people who switch and then shed on dutasteride.

G

I am in the same boat. I was a receeder and brought it to a halt for a few years with finasteride. 9 months ago I started rapid diffuse thinning.

I am 20 days on dutasteride. I beleive that I have side effects. Sex drive has gone way up and I have experienced a reduction in ejaculate volume, that's it. These are the most common reported side effects from what I can tell and both will probably subside. I could live with both of them on a permanent basis, physically speaking, but it is a little disconcerting.

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks yeddie. can you tell me what dosage you are taking? any shedding? i still have a lot of my hairline, just dispersed thinning. i'd like to keep my hairline intact.
did you stop the propecia immediately upon initiation of treatment with dutasteride? did someone recommend that you make the switch or did you decide on your own?
also, i see that you are also using the 12.5% minoxidil. how are you doing on that?
thanks again for you help.

G

fro said:
thanks yeddie. can you tell me what dosage you are taking? any shedding? i still have a lot of my hairline, just dispersed thinning. i'd like to keep my hairline intact.
did you stop the propecia immediately upon initiation of treatment with dutasteride? did someone recommend that you make the switch or did you decide on your own?
also, i see that you are also using the 12.5% minoxidil. how are you doing on that?
thanks again for you help.

Man, that's a lot of questions and I don't have that many definitive answers.

I was rubbing the 12% all over the front part of my hair on my forehead, not just the hairline but everything that sticks out in front of my head. I did that for like 3 or 4 months but recently cut back to putting it only right on my hairline. I have been thinning all over and I figured whatever that 12% would have kickstarted should be finished by now and maybe it had me in some perpetual shed, although that's wild speculation.

I started the dutasteride myself. I was on Propecia for a few years and was very pleased. All of the sudden my hair started thinning great guns about 10 months ago so I started with minoxidil, then 12%, then sprio, then dutasteride, and till waiting for accpetable results although some of the treatments have not had enough time :)

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey yeddie. 2 questions: Do you notice less, more, or the same amount of shedding in the past twenty days? Also what dose are you taking?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Side Effects

Are you sure that it is the dutasteride that is reducing the amount of your ejaculate?... or is it a result of just plain too much whacking off?

G

fro said:
Hey yeddie. 2 questions: Do you notice less, more, or the same amount of shedding in the past twenty days? Also what dose are you taking?

I was taking 0.5mg/day and just switched to 0.5 mg every other day. Although I was thinning, I observed no shedding before going on dutasteride. Since going on dutasteride, I am observing very bad shedding and my hair is thinning much faster such that I can notice a difference week to week.

The Gardener said:
Are you sure that it is the dutasteride that is reducing the amount of your ejaculate?... or is it a result of just plain too much whacking off?

Have you been watching me? :lol:

No, it's the dutasteride for sure.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you been watching me?

No, it's the dutasteride for sure.

If you wanna fill out your balls supplement with Zinc & Vitex...trust me :laugh: the possibilities... :twisted:

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here trying a propecia/avodart combo?