Dutasteride

jwb

Reaction score
I’m thinking that the reason that GSK are saying “not much better than propeciaâ€￾ is that to get FDA approval for a cosmetic condition that they will have to demonstrate a lower side effects than they are for the treatment of BPH. This could probably mean that to achieve this they will have to make it a lower dosage. (Proscar 5mg ….Propecia 1mg) lowed dosage of Dutasturide 0.5mg could be end up being much less just to get apoval. Hmmm less Dutasteride = similar to Propecia….

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking that the reason that GSK are saying “not much better than propecia” is that to get FDA approval for a cosmetic condition that they will have to demonstrate a lower side effects than they are for the treatment of BPH.

Well actually they never said it wasn't much better than propecia. What they did say was they didn't feel it will be distinguishable from propecia in the market place.

Axon

Reaction score
RalphyWiggum said:
I’m thinking that the reason that GSK are saying “not much better than propeciaâ€￾ is that to get FDA approval for a cosmetic condition that they will have to demonstrate a lower side effects than they are for the treatment of BPH.

Well actually they never said it wasn't much better than propecia. What they did say was they didn't feel it will be distinguishable from propecia in the market place.

And I have to agree. Propecia was a huge disappointment in terms of sales. Why waste cash researching a drug when evidence suggests it won't sell that well? Glaxo doesn't care if it WORKS better (well, you know what I mean), they care if it SELLS better. And Propecia hasn't sold well at all.

I know that, in my circle of friends and family, no one believes Finasteride works. There are just too many liars and snakeoil salesmen in this industry. Even though I show the photos of improvements and even though these people see me daily and have noted the improvements without me prompting them to look, they still feel that my male pattern baldness just "reversed" itself naturally. Go figure.

jwb

Reaction score
What is your situation? I was told that I was a norwood 3 but I can clearly see that its thinning all the way back to produce a pretty good norwood 5. I have just started to use Propecia and minoxidill at the age of 29 (for the last 2 Months) what have you used and what improvements have you seen? What are you hoping to get from dutasteride?

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
jwb said:
What is your situation? I was told that I was a norwood 3 but I can clearly see that its thinning all the way back to produce a pretty good norwood 5. I have just started to use Propecia and minoxidill at the age of 29 (for the last 2 Months) what have you used and what improvements have you seen? What are you hoping to get from dutasteride?

Well I am 20 and at a NW1.5. All I want is maintenance--any regrowth is gravy.

The only thing is I don't plan to take Avodart right away. I am going to give it six months to see how it works for the guys who will be jumping on it right away. By that time I'll reevaluate if I want to wait another two months (that will be my one year mark on Finasteride) or jump on it. Based on the results I am seeing from me regimen right now (maintenance and unexpected regrowth) I'd say I'll probably wait till the one year mark.

jwb

Reaction score
I saw a report on one of the web sites that Merk where trying to penitent the use of finisaride as a topical solution. I remember the article suggesting that this could be to prevent anyone else producing a similar product. I had thought that someone already made a topical finisaride (dr Leesâ€￾ ????

Does anyone know what dutasteride doseage was used on that guy who grew his bald spot back? You know the pictures that show potentual results of Dutasteride for hair loss on the HairLossTalk.com newsletter.

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
really bad. this is really awful.
3 times the side effects in 20-50?????? that is really bad.
and to think that Propecia is said to have sexual side effects to only 2%.
everybody knows it's more then that.

Kevin, if you can give me a link to that article on regrowth.com, I will thank you very much.

it sounds like dutasteride will most likly show an ugly face in the bed room...this is really bad...i'm not just saying this...if the trails are not going on with a very close inspection of the sexual side effects, we will never know...really bad...what else is there out there that works....nothing will do half as much as dutasteride...really really bad..i'm really down...what are my chances as a 20+ guy....none...no f*****g way...I have to give it up...I already shaved my head, it's looks really bad, you can still see the hair loss very clearly, black hair on white skin, there is no hiding, what the hell am I suppose to do now....I need some help here....there must be something that works....something must help me with nightmare....

I'm gonna take dutasteride, even if it kills me, even if it kills me.

I have two questions:

1) is the dosage for treating BHP the same we need for hair loss?
2) if so, how can we get a hold of it without prescription or anything?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dutasteride Side effects: http://www.regrowth.com/hair_loss_treat ... _info1.cfm

Propecia Side effects: http://www.merck.com/product/usa/propec ... afety.html

5x as much... in men 3 times as old
Dutasteride in 60-90 year old men:
Erectile Dysfunction (impotence) - 7%
Propecia in 18-55 year old men:
Erectile Dysfunction (impotence) - 1.4%

2x as much...in men 3 times as old
Decreased Libido - 4%
Decreased Libido - 1.8%

2x as much...in men 3 times as old
Ejaculation Disorders - 2%
Ejaculation Disorders - 1.2%

HairLossTalk.com

diskobox

Reaction score
Gizmo said:
really bad. this is really awful.
3 times the side effects in 20-50?????? that is really bad.
and to think that Propecia is said to have sexual side effects to only 2%.
everybody knows it's more then that.

Kevin, if you can give me a link to that article on regrowth.com, I will thank you very much.

it sounds like dutasteride will most likly show an ugly face in the bed room...this is really bad...i'm not just saying this...if the trails are not going on with a very close inspection of the sexual side effects, we will never know...really bad...what else is there out there that works....nothing will do half as much as dutasteride...really really bad..i'm really down...what are my chances as a 20+ guy....none...no f*****g way...I have to give it up...I already shaved my head, it's looks really bad, you can still see the hair loss very clearly, black hair on white skin, there is no hiding, what the hell am I suppose to do now....I need some help here....there must be something that works....something must help me with nightmare....

I'm gonna take dutasteride, even if it kills me, even if it kills me.

I have two questions:

1) is the dosage for treating BHP the same we need for hair loss?
2) if so, how can we get a hold of it without prescription or anything?
look on the bright side, there are great treatments coming down the road. if hairswitch if what they say it's going to be, you'll have all your hair back within years.

what's your current regimen? might not be a bad idea to start on something like revivogen now in case you decide to stop dutasteride.

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmm. A sixty to ninty year old man actually could report when they had an ejaculation disorder?hehehe

Aoshi

Reaction score
When we begin using Avodart,

Are htere any possibility that we encounter the beginnning hair loss?

Webbie

Reaction score
$75.00+ for 30 capsules? Are they insane? This price has got to be without any insurance coverage, right?

Maybe this is why the Duta hairloss trials were cancelled...no one will want to pay that much money for a month's supply and the insurance companies will file it under the "cosmetic" drug category.

Reaction score
Ok this is prob a stupid question but here it is.

Somewhere i heard that alot of the side effects of propecia reversed after the person stopped takin it. Does anyone know if this is true for dutasteride...especially impotence?

Scentless

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, any problems you experience with duta are reversible by merely stopping the treatment.