Dutasteride

bolshy

Reaction score
Is it working

I am aware that quite a few fellas are now taking Dutasteride, but I'm unsure at the reasons behind the dearth of update reports.

I know the price is prohibitive, but if you lads are having great results then I would consider starting on it. So come on, tell us all how you are getting on.

Webbie

Reaction score
I think the guy who mentioned having "brain effects" is kind of out there. I would imagine that the traces of DHT type-II (or was it type-I?) are fairly minimal. I mean, I realize that drugs do have side effects and can cause unwanted and even undocumented reprocussions...but it's being assumed that dutasteride has the same safety profile as Finasteride, but across a larger percentage of the study group.

gc78

Reaction score
u should call up ur health insurance company to see if they cover avodart. i asked my primary care dr. for the the avodart prescription (she never even heard of it) but wrote me up one with 5 refills, trusting me, although with some hesitation. took it to a rite aid pharmacy and pay only 30 u.s. dollars for 30 pills. i only wonder if my insurance will eventually catch on considering i'm a 24 year-old male taking a medication meant for 60 year-olds with enlarged prostrates.

G

They are likely to catch on (it is a routine computer program) and then you are actually caught at the fraud game. They may make you pay them back or if they are in a bad mood, worse.

I would suggest you not do this.

Brucelee

Whoops

Reaction score
dutasteride in India

I buy all my finesteride in India (very cheaply), does anyone know if this product is available there under any name?

morphuesX

Reaction score
Not yet...but dr.reddy's is coming up with a generic version of it pretty soon..they say its under development..cipla might follow suit too.

jefferyb51

Reaction score
is there any interactions between dutasteride and Finasteride

is there any interactions between dutasteride and Finasteride
Can Finasteride competively inhibit the binding of Dutasteride, therefore limiting its effectiveness. Or can I use all this stockpiled Finasteride with my Dutasteride?

tommo

Reaction score
Good question.
I have a pile of finest to use up aswell. I was thinking, because i cant afford to take 2.5mg of dutasteride a day (5 capsules),i am gona take one a day and continue using 1.25mg finest a day. Anyone got any thoughts......?
Jesus..my poor body.

Tommo

Webbie

Reaction score
How come no one is talking about AvoDart? I'm picking up my first 30 pills tomorrow. Sadly, my insurance does not have the drug listed on their "covered" list, so all of the pharmacies I took my script too all said it wouldn't be covered (though I think if I really made them look into it and actually call the insuranc company, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, they'd realize it was covered). I'm paying $72 for 30 pills at Costco, but I'll only be taking one every other day so it'll work out okay.

Is anyone on AvoDart right now? If so, how is it going so far?

tommo

Reaction score
Ive been on dutasteride for a week or so ( 1 pill a day )
My tits are Fuc*ing killing. Theyre swollen and real sensitive. I sometimes feel mysely boiling up and my face goes bright red . My scalp burns like a mo fo aswell. This stuff better be growing some hair. Hopefully these effects will calm the hell down.
Is this b**ch tit growth i hear, and may be experiencing, about reversible?

Bollox

Webbie

Reaction score
It's reversible, but just some swollen "tits" doesn't mean you have gyno. But if you do, yes it is reversible. I've heard that either taking certain supplements may help with gyno, and of course stopping taking Duta should do the same. I've been on Duta for two days, haven't noticed any affects...but then again, I was on Proscar for 3 years.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
tommo said:
Ive been on dutasteride for a week or so ( 1 pill a day )
My tits are Fuc*ing killing. Theyre swollen and real sensitive. I sometimes feel mysely boiling up and my face goes bright red . My scalp burns like a mo fo aswell. This stuff better be growing some hair. Hopefully these effects will calm the hell down. Is this b**ch tit growth i hear, and may be experiencing, about reversible?
Tommo be careful, and take care of yourself. This stuff has no safety profile whatsoever on young guys wishing to treat their hair loss. You probably already know that, but just be careful. If you're on a drug that is known to cause inhibition of male hormone, the chances that the swollen nipples being estrogen related is almost 100%. Your face boiling up and going red sounds like a blood pressure issue, which you don't want to mess around with. As far as Reversible, we only have clinical data on it being reversible for people taking finasteride 1mg. There is no safety data for dutasteride right now, and if something goes wrong, you won't have any legal recourse.

(i gotta say all that stuff because i run the website, ya know? sorry)

HairLossTalk.com

tommo

Reaction score
Webbie, what dose are you on? R U taking just dutasteride?
I was on finest and a topical dht inhibiter 4 about 4yrs
Ive just dropped the lot and am soley taking 1 dutasteride pill a day.I feel like im totally gambling any hair i have managed to maintain over the years.

What are these supplements to combat gyno. I think i may need some damn it.

Oh yeah........HairLossTalk.com, u think i may have a high blood pressure problem at age 23?..........Damn

Ive just ordered some revivogen, does this stuff grow or just maintain?
I NEED GROWTH

Tommo

Webbie

Reaction score
Tommo,

I'm taking one pil a day. Two or three times a week I also pop a 2.5mg half of Proscar. I do this just to "ween" myself off of Proscar, though I don't know how sound my thinking truly is on doing so. The fact of the matter is, except for the case of Propecia and Dutasteride, I would think that you wuold not want to stop the topical dht inhibitor simply b/c you cannot be too sure if you will lose the results you have gained.

Nick

Reaction score
Cloudy Thought or Headaches with dutasteride

I have been taking .5 mg/day of Avodart for about 6 weeks now and have experienced "cloudy" thought and minor headaches. These symptoms seem to be subsiding, but I'm still somewhat concerned.

Has anyone else experienced similar side-effects?