Dutasteride Is Not That More Effective Than Finasteride

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use topical because of a family history of heart problems and low blood pressure is that alright with you lad?

I don’t care about that, I mean I don’t trust people who use topical minoxidil because it’s possibly the worst hair loss treatment out there yet they still use it and act as if they’re knowledgable on hair loss.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t care about that, I mean I don’t trust people who use topical minoxidil because it’s possibly the worst hair loss treatment out there yet they still use it and act as if they’re knowledgable on hair loss.
Been using its since I was 15 due to me being too young for finasteride. At this point if I cease using it it could have a negative effect so I’ve carried on. Can you point out to me where I’ve been so knowledgeable about hair loss

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using its since I was 15 due to me being too young for finasteride. At this point if I cease using it it could have a negative effect so I’ve carried on. Can you point out to me where I’ve been so knowledgeable about hair loss

A) Using topical minoxidil is a life-sentence, so that’s one of the worst choices you can make. B) I said you act as if you are knowledgeable on hair loss.

Last edited:

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is he lying though? Realistically, finasteride and dutasteride won’t work for long especially if you begin losing your hair at the age of 16/17. So the only option left is oral anti-androgens.

(Not including topicals or expensive treatments, since not everyone likes topicals and has the money to afford expensive treatments)
My goodness no. For one, many maintain for years on just finasteride or dutasteride. I know a guy who has barely lost on finasteride for a decade and his brother was a NW7 at like 23. I have maintained a NW2-2.5 for a decade without oral AAs and all of my cousins are NW7.

Even if finasteride or dutasteride aren’t enough, there are many things you can try without potentially destroying your body with oral AAs. There is one obvious one - topical AAs like the one you are about to buy in a GB.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A) Using topical finasteride is a life-sentence, so that’s one of the worst choices you can make. B) I said you act as if you are knowledgeable on hair loss.
1) Topical finasteride? What are u on about mate. I’ve used topical minoxidil since a young age and I see no reason to desist, realistically I won’t be using these treatments for a prolonged amount of time, preferably no more than 5 years. 2) okay so point out to me where I’ve acted like I’m knowledgable about hair loss but instead I’ve been incorrect, because that’s what you’re insinuating isn’t it? That I’ve said something incorrect?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A) Using topical finasteride is a life-sentence, so that’s one of the worst choices you can make. B) I said you act as if you are knowledgeable on hair loss.
Any current hair loss treatment is a life sentence. Even transplants unless you are in your 60s with the most mild of hair loss.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats coming from the idiot using RU that is known to damage people's organs and give heart/chest pains while not doing jack for hair loss. I'm done with you.
This is amazing to read. While I am not a fan of the safety profile or lack there of for RU (which is why I am dropping it for another topical) there are zero confirmed cases of damaging organs. I have been researching this stuff since the time you were in elementary school. There are zero case studies or reports of it. Zero.

On the other hand, there are thousands of reports and hundreds of studies that show oral AAs cause cardiovascular damage. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5029929/

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My goodness no. For one, many maintain for years on just finasteride or dutasteride. I know a guy who has barely lost on finasteride for a decade and his brother was a NW7 at like 23. I have maintained a NW2-2.5 for a decade without oral AAs and all of my cousins are NW7.

Even if finasteride or dutasteride aren’t enough, there are many things you can try without potentially destroying your body with oral AAs. There is one obvious one - topical AAs like the one you are about to buy in a GB.

How about twenty years? Or thirty years? If men begin balding at the age of 16/17, the likelihood that it loses its effectiveness is greater; I have seen multiple men who have used finasteride for around ten to fifthteen years and complain about it losing its effectiveness. What about people around my age who suffer from aggressive hair loss? Both of those options wouldn’t work.

In my opinion, oral anti-androgens are far more superior. When it comes to its benefits, you will have clearer, smoother and acne-free skin along with significantly better hair. I am not purchasing a topical anti-androgen, I use an oral anti-androgen.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is amazing to read. While I am not a fan of the safety profile or lack there of for RU (which is why I am dropping it for another topical) there are zero confirmed cases of damaging organs. I have been researching this stuff since the time you were in elementary school. There are zero case studies or reports of it. Zero.

On the other hand, there are thousands of reports and hundreds of studies that show oral AAs cause cardiovascular damage. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5029929/

You showed an example of a person who is 79 years old...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Topical finasteride? What are u on about mate. I’ve used topical minoxidil since a young age and I see no reason to desist, realistically I won’t be using these treatments for a prolonged amount of time, preferably no more than 5 years. 2) okay so point out to me where I’ve acted like I’m knowledgable about hair loss but instead I’ve been incorrect, because that’s what you’re insinuating isn’t it? That I’ve said something incorrect?

Look again. I corrected it. No one should take advice from anyone who uses topical minoxidil since it’s the worst choice anyone could make. Stop using it and you’re back at square one.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any current hair loss treatment is a life sentence. Even transplants unless you are in your 60s with the most mild of hair loss.

Topical minoxidil, or even oral minoxidil, are the worst life sentences possible. At least with oral anti-androgens, I can vision it as a ‘beauty-pill’ for clearer skin and better hair.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look again. I corrected it. No one should take advice from anyone who uses topical minoxidil since it’s the worst choice anyone could make. Stop using it and you’re back at square one.
Going to reiterate it for you minoxidil was my only choice at the age of 15 so there’s nothing I can do about it and I don’t mind using it at all regardless of its efficacy. And if you stop using your treatments are u not back to square one as well?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to reiterate it for you minoxidil was my only choice at the age of 15 so there’s nothing I can do about it and I don’t mind using it at all regardless of its efficacy. And if you stop using your treatments are u not back to square one as well?

I mean, if I get an orchiectomy then I’m not back at square one! :D:D:D

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry Ikarus but i have to agree with gary on this one, topical minoxidil has helped alot of people keep their hair, you just need to look at the forums to see how many it has helped, sure more than half of people will be non responders but that doesn't mean it should be disregarded as a viable treatment. Were all in this together.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry Ikarus but i have to agree with gary on this one, topical minoxidil has helped alot of people keep their hair, you just need to look at the forums to see how many it has helped, sure more than half of people will be non responders but that doesn't mean it should be disregarded as a viable treatment. Were all in this together.

Topical minoxidil has helped some but I have rarely seen cases where it has shown results on its own. In combination with finasteride/dutasteride, it probably does work within synergy. But if it can’t hold by itself, I have to regard it as one of the worst hair loss medications especially when I consider the application and cost.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In about 50 years people are going to be shocked that men in the 2010s actually thought lowering our DHT stops hair loss.

Any medication that does not reliably stop balding, or slow it down to an immaterial rate, is a snake oil. finasteride and dutasteride are snake oils.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
In about 50 years people are going to be shocked that men in the 2010s actually thought lowering our DHT stops hair loss.

Any medication that does not reliably stop balding, or slow it down to an immaterial rate, is a snake oil. finasteride and dutasteride are snake oils.
Your comment may be one of the dumbest I've read on this forum! Do you know how many people are on dutasteride/finasteride and it's working for them? Snake oil is something that hasn't been proven to work

Last edited: