Dutasteride And Ru Failed Me. Do I Kill Myself Now?

Twrandom3

My Regimen
Reaction score
A combo of 0.5mg dutasteride with Ru 50mg daily has not stopped thinning or recession. Also using minoxidil 5% 2ml a day

Is there anything else I can do.

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you feel this strongly about your hair, consider a system. I know it's not the perfect solution, but it beats being bald and ugly. It's my plan B as well. I REFUSE to let male pattern baldness ruin my life.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Six months is not enough. Saw over baseline at 10 months and regrowth at 14.

Then stopped to check if I have sides for two months and now back to baseline, so again 6 more months until it's dense again. :/

Twrandom3

My Regimen
Reaction score
But my hair still falls out in droves. I literally touch it and 3 fall out before my eyes. If it’s working why am I still thinning...

I don’t have any pictures because I get depressed seeing them in the camera roll and just immediately delete them

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Six months is not enough. Saw over baseline at 10 months and regrowth at 14.

Then stopped to check if I have sides for two months and now back to baseline, so again 6 more months until it's dense again. :/
Did you go below baseline at first?

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try increase your ru dose to 100 or even 150 mg ED. Just watch for creeping gyno.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months is way too soon to make a conclusion. If after a year there is no improvement maybe consider an anti androgen.. They have shown to be effective when finasteride / dutasteride have failed.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is a bit silly to be honest. If someone sees NO improvement at 6 months, the chances of them seeing anything cosmetically significant down the line have got to be pretty small.
That's not true, many go below baseline and recover many months later. There was actually a poster on here not too long ago who got horrible sheds and hairline recession from dutasteride, but he stuck it out and THREE years later he is finally back at baseline. It can and does happen, keep the faith and don't be so pessimistic.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all stop these maniacal thoughts about killing yourself! Then, since you've already started treatment, if you are willing to continue and your body tolerates then give it another 8-10 months!

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you go below baseline at first?

Yes. Not sure if it just was the Androgenetic Alopecia progressing or shedding.
After nine month I decided to be less depressed because apparently I still was around baseline.
After 14 months I was visibly thickening up.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Not sure if it just was the Androgenetic Alopecia progressing or shedding.
After nine month I decided to be less depressed because apparently I still was around baseline.
After 14 months I was visibly thickening up.
Great to hear. I’m. 3.5 months in and definitely below baseline. I do feel my shedding is slowing down though.