Dr Zarev Vacuum Assisted Tecnique For Graft Extraction

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are plenty of shitty clinics in the United States as well.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I said it in a previous post, don't go do FUE in the US or Canada for any reason, even with H&W. They are a viable option only if you are considering FUT.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, absolutely. I said it in a previous post, don't go do FUE in the US or Canada for any reason, even with H&W. They are a viable option only if you are considering FUT.

If price is a factor US isn't competitive at all. I'm interested in Dr. Cole's stuff myself because of his follicle regeneration protocol, Anything that can get me more hair I'm all game. I don't really care about the price. That being said I wont be in the market for a transplant for about 3 years, other stuff I'm getting done.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If price is a factor US isn't competitive at all. I'm interested in Dr. Cole's stuff myself because of his follicle regeneration protocol, Anything that can get me more hair I'm all game. I don't really care about the price. That being said I wont be in the market for a transplant for about 3 years, other stuff I'm getting done.

Paying 8$ a graft in the US or in Canada for unexperienced FUE surgeons that had to go to Europe to learn the technique is a serious rip-off. Without mentioning that most of the work will be done by technicians.
You can get a way better job for half the price (or even less) if you are willing to travel. The down side is the long waiting list, which got way worse after Covid.

Apart from that, no reason to get a FUE in North America.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Paying 8$ a graft in the US or in Canada for unexperienced FUE surgeons that had to go to Europe to learn the technique is a serious rip-off. Without mentioning that most of the work will be done by technicians.
You can get a way better job for half the price (or even less) if you are willing to travel. The down side is the long waiting list, which got way worse after Covid.

Not all FUE surgeons in America are unexperienced. We have some of the leaders in the field here. You seem really obstinate about NA FUE surgeons sucking and being expensive. Ill not contest you on the latter but some of the best surgeons in the world are here in FUE.

Apart from that, no reason to get a FUE in North America.

Regenerative medicine. That's my reason, maybe you don't care but I care. You care about the money I understand but I don't care about the money. Everyone has different priorities, so its not a one size fits all thing.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all FUE surgeons in America are unexperienced. We have some of the leaders in the field here. You seem really obstinate about NA FUE surgeons sucking and being expensive. Ill not contest you on the latter but some of the best surgeons in the world are here in FUE. Anyways feel free to think whatever you want.

Examples?

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Cooley, Dr. Cole, and Dr. Arocha are the ones I'm familiar with.

Ok, good luck with them, especially the latter.
I would keep researching if I was you. There are plenty of patients reports online.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, good luck with them, especially the latter.
I would keep researching if I was you. There are plenty of patients reports online.

I'm several thousand hours in because learning about hair loss is my hobby. Maybe stop with the passive aggressive bullshit please?

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm several thousand hours in because learning about hair loss is my hobby. Maybe stop with the passive aggressive bullshit please?

It's your money and your hairs, do whatever you want. I'm sure PRP is the key of their "success".

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's your money and your hairs, do whatever you want. I'm sure PRP is the key of their "success".

Lysed Platelets and Bone Marrow Derived Exosomes are the more interesting things than PRP.

The surgeons I mentioned really have expertise that goes beyond PRP.

Dr Cooley is a master of hairlines, is responsible for the use of hypothermosol to store grafts after extraction until transplantation and is was one of the first surgeons using exosome injections if not the first. He is the one who introduced Dr. Macgrath to the Direct Biologics exosomes.

Dr Cole was the first surgeon in NA to have a full FUE clinic back in 2002 and has been responsible for numerous advances in FUE and hair loss in general. He also is the founder of Cole Instruments which is one of the biggest providers of FUE tools including the most popular fue punch in the world. He has designed at least many of these instruments himself. He has done numerous studies on PRP, Amniotic Membrane and and SVF Liposomes. He is responsible for the creation of lysed platlets via sonication of prp back in 2016.

These 2 surgeons in particular have thousands of FUE transplants under their belt and are at the pinnacle of their field.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The percentage he threw in. Nothing against Dr. Zarev, he seems legit and a good surgeon, but you get a 70% survival rate only with the Turkish cattle farm and some below average clinics in Europe.
For the record, his website actually says 20-30%. He’s obviously known for his giga sessions but even his small sessions are very impressive.

upload_2020-10-4_7-49-48.jpeg

1,700 grafts and 1,550 grafts. This is extremely efficient work and based on my experience in looking at other surgeons, most would need more grafts than this to achieve such results. We can speculate on arbitrary numbers and percentages all day but I do truly believe Zarev has raised the bar and is on the far right side of the bell curve in terms of graft survival.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record, his website actually says 20-30%. He’s obviously known for his giga sessions but even his small sessions are very impressive.

View attachment 146795

1,700 grafts and 1,550 grafts. This is extremely efficient work and based on my experience in looking at other surgeons, most would need more grafts than this to achieve such results. We can speculate on arbitrary numbers and percentages all day but I do truly believe Zarev has raised the bar and is on the far right side of the bell curve in terms of graft survival.

I don't doubt the guy is good and definitely the best NW6/7 transformations. I would like to see some patients reports though.

In terms of hairlines I still prefer the Spanish surgeons and Pekiner though.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't doubt the guy is good and definitely the best NW6/7 transformations. I would like to see some patients reports though.

In terms of hairlines I still prefer the Spanish surgeons and Pekiner though.
I agree I would also like to see some patient reports. I believe Couto is similar in that online patient reviews are extremely sparse?

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL Arocha is absolute sh*t. I had a consultation with him because I live in the same city. Dude is a snake.
Then replace Dr Arocha with Dr Alan Bauman. The point was there exist some excellent fue surgeons in NA. Im blocking you both since you are buttheads. Later.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then replace Dr Arocha with Dr Alan Bauman. The point was there exist some excellent fue surgeons in NA. Im blocking you both since you are buttheads. Later.
I mean no disrespect.. I’m simply speaking from my own personal experience with him. He’s just not someone I’d trust with my hair, that’s all.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Touchy.

Moving on, this is a comment by Dr Taleb Barghouthi, who I personally don't know, regarding Dr Zarev:

1. I strongly believe that hair restoration- just like hair loss is a dynamic process. Therefore, Restoration should in most cases be seen on a patient by patient basis. It is important to start off with the safest region first, extract a decent number that will greatly fulfil expectations . These patients are then followed up and if the donor pattern is leaning towards a less aggressive pattern, then that donor area extraction can be extended gradually if no significant miniaturization is seen on dermoscopy. I’m not in line with utilizing the entire donor limits from the first go unless the final pattern is clearly reached.

2. Vaccum assisted extraction adds further stress on the follicles. It is hard to judge the effect of vaccum on drying up grafts. Remember that dryness is more significant than partial transection when it comes to survival.

3. I have numerous patients who have had surgeries in clinics that claim new and secret techniques. One of them is a clinic that claims only partial extraction of the follicles to preserve your donor. Unfortunately they end up having 2-3 procedures before noticing any significant growth in the recipient area. When we do one session for them after that, they realize how different their results are and the huge improvement they get after only one proper transplant.

4. I am on the members selection committee of the ISHRS. I therefore go through the new applications. According to the ISHRS guidelines, naming new techniques that are not backed by evidence for the sake of marketing is a questionable thing and can lead to a member being refused membership or even for an existing member to be asked to provide further explanations about this technique.

I think Dr. Zarev stirred the pot with his pictures, so there will be a reaction in the whole hair transplant community.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Touchy.

Moving on, this is a comment by Dr Taleb Barghouthi, who I personally don't know, regarding Dr Zarev:

1. I strongly believe that hair restoration- just like hair loss is a dynamic process. Therefore, Restoration should in most cases be seen on a patient by patient basis. It is important to start off with the safest region first, extract a decent number that will greatly fulfil expectations . These patients are then followed up and if the donor pattern is leaning towards a less aggressive pattern, then that donor area extraction can be extended gradually if no significant miniaturization is seen on dermoscopy. I’m not in line with utilizing the entire donor limits from the first go unless the final pattern is clearly reached.

2. Vaccum assisted extraction adds further stress on the follicles. It is hard to judge the effect of vaccum on drying up grafts. Remember that dryness is more significant than partial transection when it comes to survival.

3. I have numerous patients who have had surgeries in clinics that claim new and secret techniques. One of them is a clinic that claims only partial extraction of the follicles to preserve your donor. Unfortunately they end up having 2-3 procedures before noticing any significant growth in the recipient area. When we do one session for them after that, they realize how different their results are and the huge improvement they get after only one proper transplant.

4. I am on the members selection committee of the ISHRS. I therefore go through the new applications. According to the ISHRS guidelines, naming new techniques that are not backed by evidence for the sake of marketing is a questionable thing and can lead to a member being refused membership or even for an existing member to be asked to provide further explanations about this technique.

I think Dr. Zarev stirred the pot with his pictures, so there will be a reaction in the whole hair transplant community.
That's fair, I was surprised when Dr Zarev said that he didn't expected the massive reaction to his megasessions, like my nigga the only thing you post on Instagram are megasessions. But yeah I guess we need to do more waiting to see how ground-breaking his methods are

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fair, I was surprised when Dr Zarev said that he didn't expected the massive reaction to his megasessions, like my nigga the only thing you post on Instagram are megasessions. But yeah I guess we need to do more waiting to see how ground-breaking his methods are
Btw I'm spanish so appareantly I have the N-word pass