Dr Zarev Vacuum Assisted Tecnique For Graft Extraction

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Interesting, HLC 2020 made a post about Zarev, which Zarev read and sent the admin the following message:

“I have never sought out loud popularity through the operations I perform classified as FUE Super Giga Sessions. Such operations are only part of my practice. I would also like to clarify that the self-serving, ill-considered and unjustified pursuit of operations with such a volume can be extremely dangerous and harm patients irreversibly. For the past few months, I have received daily inquiries from patients wishing for such an operation. For most of them, even from the low-quality photos they send, it is clear that they do not have enough resources in donor areas for an operation of this size.

The planning of operations with such a volume can be done only through personal consultation and precise and in-depth analysis of the donor and recipient areas. It is also extremely important to predict future losses, in cases where the baldness process is still in progress. I hope that the results I am showing do not give rise to vain hopes in many patients from which unscrupulous practices will take advantage of. Such scenarios can only lead to a lot of frustration. The operations I have performed in excess of 10,000 grafts are a result of in-depth preliminary analysis, meticulous execution and of course extraction technology, outside the general standards.

At the upcoming GHLS 2020 virtual conference, I will show a detailed video of one of my two-day operations. The video shows all stages of a patient’s first operation, in which the surgical plan includes the transplantation of a total of 11,500 grafts. And I want to clarify that in my practice, nurses do not have direct contact with the patient during the operation. I always perform personally all manipulations on the scalp, both in the process of extraction and in the process of implantation.”

That is great to hear, and gives further credibility to his practice. He could easily agree to these mega sessions, pocket 40k+ euros, but will not do so if the patient does not have ideal characteristics for a successful procedure.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What this guy has exhibited over the past 3/4 years is nothing short of remarkable. It is great he is finally starting to receive some notoriety and attention.

Due to this, I think the hair transplant scene in the next 5 years is going to advance in large capacities such that these type of results become closer to the norm. Very exciting to say the least.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'll post one tomorrow, along with my tragic fall from heaven, pics with my different b****s over the years and the state of my diffuse rotten scalp.
I'll save my hair in 3 different steps, dense pack a hairline, get zarev to fill the sh*t out of my head, then add a fading smp, then ----> straight to ibiza and i'll forget this f*****g balding crap.
pm me the hair and b****s

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is great to hear, and gives further credibility to his practice. He could easily agree to these mega sessions, pocket 40k+ euros, but will not do so if the patient does not have ideal characteristics for a successful procedure.
Agreed. I also love the fact that he does all of the extractions and implantations himself.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Agreed. I also love the fact that he does all of the extractions and implantations himself.

Unless some magic regrowth lotion comes out within the next 12 months I'm 100% going to get a transplant with him. Hopefully in 2021 travel restrictions will be lifted from the US and I'll be able to go to Sofia. I just hope his waiting list doesn't grow too big.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless some magic regrowth lotion comes out within the next 12 months I'm 100% going to get a transplant with him. Hopefully in 2021 travel restrictions will be lifted from the US and I'll be able to go to Sofia. I just hope his waiting list doesn't grow too big.
Same here. I feel like he’s exploding in popularity, especially in recent months. I’m aiming for an in person consult in March - looks like the entry restrictions expire September 30th, and yeah crossing my fingers they don’t get renewed. Anyway, aiming to have the operation in January 2022. I’m all in on Zarev.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Same here. I feel like he’s exploding in popularity, especially in recent months. I’m aiming for an in person consult in March - looks like the entry restrictions expire September 30th, and yeah crossing my fingers they don’t get renewed. Anyway, aiming to have the operation in January 2022. I’m all in on Zarev.

First round of drinks are on me when we get our hair back :D

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being in Bulgaria you'd think the cost would be less than 4 euros a graft. Results definitely warrant the price though

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anybody else going?

Can’t freaking wait.

Will do! Heard back this morning and confirmed my consultation is booked for March. He said it takes about 2 hours so I should have a pretty depth analysis and detailed plan for the operation.
How much is the consultation (besides flying and staying in Bulgary)?

And does anybody know the average survival rate of Zarev compared to others?
And why is the donor less depleted with Zarev than others?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these results just don't seem possible. Some of these guys already have a heavily thinned donor, NW6 and end up with a pompadour haircut.

hair magic.jpg

Maybe he just picked some incredible responders for finasteride for these pics and...I don't know. I have a hard time putting my trust in this, it doesn't seem physically possible, they end up with far more head on their top than they ever had on their donor.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these results just don't seem possible. Some of these guys already have a heavily thinned donor, NW6 and end up with a pompadour haircut.

View attachment 146680

Maybe he just picked some incredible responders for finasteride for these pics and...I don't know. I have a hard time putting my trust in this, it doesn't seem physically possible, they end up with far more head on their top than they ever had on their donor.
Im thinking he uses body and beard hair also (obviously not beard hair in this one)...What you think?

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else going?

How much is the consultation (besides flying and staying in Bulgary)?

And does anybody know the average survival rate of Zarev compared to others?
And why is the donor less depleted with Zarev than others?
50 euros. According to his website, his technique results in a 95-98% and survival rate and others may be ~70%.

As for your other question, Dr. Rassman summed it up on a comment on a reddit thread:
“To get 14000 grafts from the donor area without causing significant depletion and a see-through look, you would have to have a coarser hair with high density, a rare combination of metrics. I saw his presentation in Europe and the patients who had these high number of grafts has (1) very high donor densities and (2) he harvested outside of the permanent zone which means that some of these hairs are subject to apoptosis (death from genetics) something I do not do. There are some doctors who believe that since the Class 7 pattern is rare (about 7% of the population) most advanced balding men will end up as a Class 6 pattern. Under that assumption, harvesting the donor area of a Class 6 pattern of balding yields easily 60% more grafts. If the doctor is wrong, and these patients fall into that 7% group, then the 60% of the hairs that were transplanted will fall die and fall out. Being conservative, I don't go beyond the Class 7 donor area and that is why for advanced balding patients I generally recommend Strip (FUT) surgeries rather than FUE surgeries. By the way, I coined the term FUE and published it with the first paper ever on the subject which you can read here: https://newhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/mp-2002-fue.pdf

William Rassman, M.D.”

View attachment 146680

See above... and no, I think your finasteride theory is ridiculous.

Im thinking he uses body and beard hair also (obviously not beard hair in this one)...What you think?
No I think he would have specified on his site if he used body hair. There is one case on his site in which body hair was used, but no.. this is from the head bro.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
50 euros. According to his website, his technique results in a 95-98% and survival rate and others may be ~70%.

As for your other question, Dr. Rassman summed it up on a comment on a reddit thread:
“To get 14000 grafts from the donor area without causing significant depletion and a see-through look, you would have to have a coarser hair with high density, a rare combination of metrics. I saw his presentation in Europe and the patients who had these high number of grafts has (1) very high donor densities and (2) he harvested outside of the permanent zone which means that some of these hairs are subject to apoptosis (death from genetics) something I do not do. There are some doctors who believe that since the Class 7 pattern is rare (about 7% of the population) most advanced balding men will end up as a Class 6 pattern. Under that assumption, harvesting the donor area of a Class 6 pattern of balding yields easily 60% more grafts. If the doctor is wrong, and these patients fall into that 7% group, then the 60% of the hairs that were transplanted will fall die and fall out. Being conservative, I don't go beyond the Class 7 donor area and that is why for advanced balding patients I generally recommend Strip (FUT) surgeries rather than FUE surgeries. By the way, I coined the term FUE and published it with the first paper ever on the subject which you can read here: https://newhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/mp-2002-fue.pdf

William Rassman, M.D.”

No I think he would have specified on his site if he used body hair. There is one case on his site in which body hair was used, but no.. this is from the head bro.
Jeez the 98% vs 70% is insane. That means 40% (!!) more hairs than the average.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for the record, I wasn't saying the results were all finasteride. I was saying he picked those who responded the best to finasteride after or before his surgery for the pictures. And finasteride is capable of enormous regrowth on its own. We had a slick NW6 recover to a pretty dense NW3 on this forum through finasteride.
I don't think it's ridiculous at all to suggest that there could have been a synergy between an an above finasteride response and the transplant.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeez the 98% vs 70% is insane. That means 40% (!!) more hairs than the average.

These numbers are a bit made up to be honest. A high-end European surgeon will get at least 90% of grafts survival. Obviously the patient needs to take care of himself in the post-op, but those are the numbers roughly.

For whoever was mentioning Turkey, I had the hairline done by Dr. Pekiner and he's the only I would allow to touch it. He's another really talented young guy that does a full FUE manual procedure, with really well designed micro irregularities on the hairline that makes it really natural.
He doesn't even need to advertise himself, as he's really well known in Italy and Germany for the amount of real patients reports he has. Don't trust a clinic from the pictures they put on Instagram or on their website, but look at the patients reports.

Apart from Dr. Pekiner, I would say to stay away from anyone else in Turkey, including Erdogan. He's not what he used to be anymore.

If you're based in the US, I highly recommend you to travel and avoid getting FUE in the US. The North American surgeons are valid only if you're considering FUT.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for the record, I wasn't saying the results were all finasteride. I was saying he picked those who responded the best to finasteride after or before his surgery for the pictures. And finasteride is capable of enormous regrowth on its own. We had a slick NW6 recover to a pretty dense NW3 on this forum through finasteride.
I don't think it's ridiculous at all to suggest that there could have been a synergy between an an above finasteride response and the transplant.
I just think it’s extremely unlikely, that’s all. He stated in an email that he doesn’t even recommend the use of oral finasteride, only topical finasteride, and only for patients whose hair loss is still progressing. A lot of his results are NW6 lol so their hair loss has likely already run its course. I think we can all agree that any significant amount of regrowth from finasteride is pretty rare. It’s a maintenance drug and there’s little to no benefit for NW6 baldies since according to Dr. Rassman, only 7% actually reach NW7.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These numbers are a bit made up to be honest. A high-end European surgeon will get at least 90% of grafts survival. Obviously the patient needs to take care of himself in the post-op, but those are the numbers roughly.

For whoever was mentioning Turkey, I had the hairline done by Dr. Pekiner and he's the only I would allow to touch it. He's another really talented young guy that does a full FUE manual procedure, with really well designed micro irregularities on the hairline that makes it really natural.
He doesn't even need to advertise himself, as he's really well known in Italy and Germany for the amount of real patients reports he has. Don't trust a clinic from the pictures they put on Instagram or on their website, but look at the patients reports.

Apart from Dr. Pekiner, I would say to stay away from anyone else in Turkey, including Erdogan. He's not what he used to be anymore.

If you're based in the US, I highly recommend you to travel and avoid getting FUE in the US. The North American surgeons are valid only if you're considering FUT.
What seems made up? Obviously you can cherry pick other top surgeons and sure I wouldn’t be surprised if they have 90+% survival rates. But let’s not kid ourselves, most surgeons don’t...

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What seems made up? Obviously you can cherry pick other top surgeons and sure I wouldn’t be surprised if they have 90+% survival rates. But let’s not kid ourselves, most surgeons don’t...

The percentage he threw in. Nothing against Dr. Zarev, he seems legit and a good surgeon, but you get a 70% survival rate only with the Turkish cattle farm and some below average clinics in Europe.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The percentage he threw in. Nothing against Dr. Zarev, he seems legit and a good surgeon, but you get a 70% survival rate only with the Turkish cattle farm and some below average clinics in Europe.

There are plenty of shitty clinics in the United States as well.