Dr Zarev Vacuum Assisted Tecnique For Graft Extraction

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well gentleman, I was ready to give my left kidney to see Dr. Zarev but he doesn't seem to be responding to multiple e-mail attempt/cell phone contact attempts. Which is strange because he replied to my first one and agreed to see me, but after that I got radio silence.

I guess Dr. Lorenzo or Dr. Ferreira are next on my list.
Dr Zarev was my first choice. Kind of unprofessional not to respond.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If his technique is so good and leaves so little scarring, then why can't we see more procedures done where literally almost all of the hair from the back and the sides are relocated to the top of the head? Having shaved sides and back is a very attractive and popular hairstyle nowadays. And even if the worst thing ever happened and all the extracted grafts died and didn't grow well after being implanted on top, I think people would be happy to have the 5 o clock horseshoe pattern gone. I certainly would. If the scars are so insignificant than this would have to make sense.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If his technique is so good and leaves so little scarring, then why can't we see more procedures done where literally almost all of the hair from the back and the sides are relocated to the top of the head? Having shaved sides and back is a very attractive and popular hairstyle nowadays. And even if the worst thing ever happened and all the extracted grafts died and didn't grow well after being implanted on top, I think people would be happy to have the 5 o clock horseshoe pattern gone. I certainly would. If the scars are so insignificant than this would have to make sense.

As a Norwood 6 diffuse balder, I could even solve my entire issue without hair cloning if there was a great way to simply move all the hair from my back and sides (which is decently strong and will never miniaturize) to the top. This seems like the best technology yet but I hope it can continue to be improved to the point where surgeons don't have to be so conservative about the number of grafts that they take.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Well he responded to me and I scheduled the consultation after all! These delays were frustrating but Dr.Fereirra for instance still hasn't responded and I emailed him over 2 weeks ago, so maybe these transplant doctors are just that busy after all. Covid permitting I'll be traveling to Bulgaria later next year.

Certainly I hope to get a few more opinions in the meantime but, if everything goes as planned, he still remains my first choice.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well he responded to me and I scheduled the consultation after all! These delays were frustrating but Dr.Fereirra for instance still hasn't responded and I emailed him over 2 weeks ago, so maybe these transplant doctors are just that busy after all. Covid permitting I'll be traveling to Bulgaria later next year.

Certainly I hope to get a few more opinions in the meantime but, if everything goes as planned, he still remains my first choice.

Dr Ferreira will respond eventually, but he usually gets a lot of emails and he replies to them by himself, aseessing your case.
He's a nice and talented Doctor, but not many reports online.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score

bro keep us update with your appointment.
I am really curious by the result of this doctor. It looks to good to be true

roberton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well gentleman, I was ready to give my left kidney to see Dr. Zarev but he doesn't seem to be responding to multiple e-mail attempt/cell phone contact attempts. Which is strange because he replied to my first one and agreed to see me, but after that I got radio silence.

I guess Dr. Lorenzo or Dr. Ferreira are next on my list.

Lorenzo is also a an incredible choice.

I had close to 9500 grafts performed by Lorenzo, and my hair looks amazing. Donor at guard 1.0 to 2 looks great, with some areas of less density (extraction areas), but undistinguishable to the normal person who has no idea about hair transplants. Sort of just looks like a slightly bad haircut. But I havent had anyone comment about it. I've even gone out with a minus 0 guard, but at that guard its very obvious and I did not like it (Heavy scarring in one area) . Minus because I used the trimmer, which is comparable to using a razor blade , and shaves lower than a 0 guard.

At guard 2.5 and above, its perfection.

And according to Lorenzo I still have 3000 grafts in the tank, and that is not including beard. So that would also put me in line with Zarevs clients (12k+ grafts).

However, this thread is very interesting and I will definitely be studying and reading about Zarev techniques and results.

roberton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha. Well, its the truth, and I've been enjoying my hair. No need to live on a forum, my hair loss has been cured, and I'm enjoying life.
I came here, because a friend of mine who also had surgery with Lorenzo, told me about Zarev. And someone mentioned Lorenzo in this thread.
I have thousands of pics, I'll post them soon. Maybe I'll even start a thread on my journey.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I think you all just got caught up in the hype. If you just take a step back for a moment and judge this situation from a prespective, you will realize it's just a gambling to have the procedure with him right now.
I dont care how good those results look, he is unknown, barely experienced doctor, with zero patient reviews, nobody knows who trained him, barely any information about his technique, which is currently not being used anywhere else in the industry, therefore no evidence or explanation about its pros and cons.
Dont get me wrong, I hope he is legit great doctor, and this method will lead some revolution in the hair transplant industry, so I will know that I can use it in the future if I need. But Im definitely not going to put my precious hair to that risk right now, pure gambling.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
For a video of his work, here is what was reported at the hairloss2020 blog site:

"At the upcoming GHLS 2020 virtual conference, I will show a detailed video of one of my two-day operations. The video shows all stages of a patient’s first operation, in which the surgical plan includes the transplantation of a total of 11,500 grafts. And I want to clarify that in my practice, nurses do not have direct contact with the patient during the operation. I always perform personally all manipulations on the scalp, both in the process of extraction and in the process of implantation.”"

Everyone would like some patient accounts...I hope myself and a few other posters here will provide them to the community ;).

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I think you all just got caught up in the hype. If you just take a step back for a moment and judge this situation from a prespective, you will realize it's just a gambling to have the procedure with him right now.
I dont care how good those results look, he is unknown, barely experienced doctor, with zero patient reviews, nobody knows who trained him, barely any information about his technique, which is currently not being used anywhere else in the industry, therefore no evidence or explanation about its pros and cons.
Dont get me wrong, I hope he is legit great doctor, and this method will lead some revolution in the hair transplant industry, so I will know that I can use it in the future if I need. But Im definitely not going to put my precious hair to that risk right now, pure gambling.
Meh don’t think this kind of fear mongering belongs in this thread. You act like he’s this shady fraud, come on man. He’s an IAHRS member, praised by Dr. Cole and Dr. Rassman (father of FUE). No experience...? He has 9 years of experience according to IAHRS, graduated from medical school. He was probably trained by Dr. Mihail Skerlev, the one who founded the Galatea Clinic that Zarev works at. Since when do we care about “who trained the top doctors” - it’s pretty meaningless. Who trained Michael Jordan, does anyone really care? “Pure gambling” lol... a hair transplant with ANY doctor is a gamble and every doctor will have cases of shitty results. I’d much rather take my chances with Zarev now than most others.. The fact that Zarev is young and already has results far superior to the vast majority of other surgeons is incredible - photo and video evidence to prove it. You completely write off his results but results are EVERYTHING. Results don’t lie, and if you disagree then you insinuate that he’s manipulating the MANY detailed photos and videos he’s posted. If you want to wait until he becomes so popular that his wait list is 3 years long, by all means go ahead. But Jesus, stop talking out of your ***.

I myself have booked a flight for a consultation with him in March and a potential surgery next December depending on how the consult goes.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^Yes. I don't doubt his legitimacy at all. He's obviously very credentialed and William Rassman, the creator of the FUE, knows him personally.

I'd say rather the way some of these results appear to be "unbelievable" stem from the fact that they're likely selected from a very small type of advantageous cases. Most people are not going to qualify for this many grafts and subsequently he is not going to perform them or show them.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on this hair forums since 5 years already, I have never seen transplants like this, on Nw5! They don't have huge donor too but is like he finds hair possible to cover all the scalp... It sounds all so strange to me, too f*****g strange

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh don’t think this kind of fear mongering belongs in this thread. You act like he’s this shady fraud, come on man. He’s an IAHRS member, praised by Dr. Cole and Dr. Rassman (father of FUE). No experience...? He has 9 years of experience according to IAHRS, graduated from medical school. He was probably trained by Dr. Mihail Skerlev, the one who founded the Galatea Clinic that Zarev works at. Since when do we care about “who trained the top doctors” - it’s pretty meaningless. Who trained Michael Jordan, does anyone really care? “Pure gambling” lol... a hair transplant with ANY doctor is a gamble and every doctor will have cases of shitty results. I’d much rather take my chances with Zarev now than most others.. The fact that Zarev is young and already has results far superior to the vast majority of other surgeons is incredible - photo and video evidence to prove it. You completely write off his results but results are EVERYTHING. Results don’t lie, and if you disagree then you insinuate that he’s manipulating the MANY detailed photos and videos he’s posted. If you want to wait until he becomes so popular that his wait list is 3 years long, by all means go ahead. But Jesus, stop talking out of your ***.

I myself have booked a flight for a consultation with him in March and a potential surgery next December depending on how the consult goes.
Lol, you say bunch of bullsh*t that half of it doesnt even respond to my claims and the other just isnt true. You obviously talk with your emotions because you got caught up on him, while I see the stuff objectively, as they are. You say I monger fear because you just cant accept facts.
So, let me start with the first most important thing you just couldnt understand - THERE ARE NO PATIENT TESTIMONIALS. without random, unbiased, objective patient testimonials you cant know SH*T.
* The fact he is a member of IAHRS doesnt say alot, I wouldnt give much credit to his organization, it's connected with spencer kobren and baldtruthtaIk which dont give a f*ck about anything accept making money. they shut down patients that report bad cases from those doctors. totally untrusted.
* Who cares about where the doctor was trained? lol the fact that you have limited knowledge about hair transplants doesnt mean it is meaningless. B*sanga tained by Cole, De Freitas and Ferraira trained by Lorenzo, Pekiner trained by Keser, Keser by HLC I think and I know of much more. Im not saying that is really crucial, but it is just another thing that I mentioned that's it. Now, I dont know who this Mihail is, but quick search shows me he is a plastic surgeon, lol, doesnt sound good at all if you know something about hair transplant industry.
* "hair transplant with any doctor is a gamble" - yes genius, in the pure sense, everything in life has some risk chances, the question is what are the chances for failure. With top well known doctors, the chances are low. With unknown doctor the chances are high. It's called statistics. You know it?
* You keep talking about results and how results is everything - Sure, but what results does he have??? This is the question genius, you dont know just by looking at pictures he publishes, there can be hundreds of ways to manipulate the results or exposing only 'half truth'. Let me tell you there are plenty of turkish hairmills who publish superb results in their instagram, and people just see this, get all excited, and go there just to get butchered. And it's not "only results", what about post-op follow up? what if someone needs a touch up? what if you get poor results? does he care for you or just dismiss you after you paid? Reputable doctors often offer free touch up. Moreover, even if all the results he shows are 100% legit, those are just 40-50? what about the other cases? what if large portion of his other cases are really poor results or even straight up butcher procedures? would you take a risk of 60% SUPER AMAZING results and 40% sh*tty results? those not the odds you should take for your hair.

Now, since Im sure you didnt really understand alot from what Im saying because you probably conclude stupid conclusions in your head, I will put it in simple words: Im not saying he is a fraud, I actually feel he is legit, yes, and his results look amazing. BUT, I cant be sure, and I have no way to research his work in a reliable way, which means - go through various forums, read opinions, review his patient cases, and do some statistics comparing his number of good/average/bad results and have an informed decision. I CANT DO IT. SO IT IS A RISK. A risk bigger than the one you get with the current top, reputable, well-known surgeons. If I had to put some money on his stock, sure I would do it, but not my damn hair.
As someone that going to get a transplant soon, I have more reliable options, I let you guys try him, and I hope you get superb results so I will know to schedule with him for my next one if I need.

Last edited:

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, you say bunch of bullsh*t that half of it doesnt even respond to my claims and the other just isnt true. You obviously talk with your emotions because you got caught up on him, while I see the stuff objectively, as they are. You say I monger fear because you just cant accept facts.
So, let me start with the first most important thing you just couldnt understand - THERE ARE NO PATIENT TESTIMONIALS. without random, unbiased, objective patient testimonials you cant know SH*T.
* The fact he is a member of IAHRS doesnt say alot, I wouldnt give much credit to his organization, it's connected with spencer kobren and baldtruthtaIk which dont give a f*ck about anything accept making money. they shut down patients that report bad cases from those doctors. totally untrusted.
* Who cares about where the doctor was trained? lol the fact that you have limited knowledge about hair transplants doesnt mean it is meaningless. B*sanga tained by Cole, De Freitas and Ferraira trained by Lorenzo, Pekiner trained by Keser, Keser by HLC I think and I know of much more. Im not saying that is really crucial, but it is just another thing that I mentioned that's it. Now, I dont know who this Mihail is, but quick search shows me he is a plastic surgeon, lol, doesnt sound good at all if you know something about hair transplant industry.
* "hair transplant with any doctor is a gamble" - yes genius, in the pure sense, everything in life has some risk chances, the question is what are the chances for failure. With top well known doctors, the chances are low. With unknown doctor the chances are high. It's called statistics. You know it?
* You keep talking about results and how results is everything - Sure, but what results does he have??? This is the question genius, you dont know just by looking at pictures he publishes, there can be hundreds of ways to manipulate the results or exposing only 'half truth'. Let me tell you there are plenty of turkish hairmills who publish superb results in their instagram, and people just see this, get all excited, and go there just to get butchered. And it's not "only results", what about post-op follow up? what if someone needs a touch up? what if you get poor results? does he care for you or just dismiss you after you paid? Reputable doctors often offer free touch up. Moreover, even if all the results he shows are 100% legit, those are just 40-50? what about the other cases? what if large portion of his other cases are really poor results or even straight up butcher procedures? would you take a risk of 60% SUPER AMAZING results and 40% sh*tty results? those not the odds you should take for your hair.

Now, since Im sure you didnt really understand alot from what Im saying because you probably conclude stupid conclusions in your head, I will put it in simple words: Im not saying he is a fraud, I actually feel he is legit, yes, and his results look amazing, and there is actually nothing really shady about him, he sounds honest to me. BUT, I cant be sure, and I have no way to research his work in a reliable way, which means - go through various forums, read opinions, review his patient cases, and do some statistics comparing his number of good/average/bad results and have an informed decision. I CANT DO IT. SO IT IS A RISK. A risk bigger than the one you get with the current top, reputable, well-known surgeons. If I had to put some money on his stock, sure I would do it, but not my damn hair.
As someone that going to get a transplant soon, I have more reliable options, I let you guys try him, and I hope you get superb results so I will know to schedule with him for my next one if I need.
You consistently talk out of both sides of your mouth, finding every possible way to be skeptical of him and then being like "OH BUT I ACTUALLY FEEL HE IS LEGIT!" You act like you have some kind of intel thinking everyone else can't accept your "facts" and that YoU'rE sO wOkE aNd ThE rEsT oF uS aRe MeRe ShEePLe BeLiEvInG iN eVeRyThInG We'Re ToLd. You're right man.. in fact his business is probably just a front for QAnon and in his free time he worships Satan and runs the global child sex trafficking ring.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok sorry, I dont know why I even took the time to respond, apparantly you just a retard.
Im sometimes surprised by how many autistic retards there are in this forum. The good thing is, they usually can be easily detected by this mixed upper-lower case autistic writing thing. Next time before I make an effort to make a detailed logical explanation, I will quickly pass over the user's profile to look for those.
Thanks moron.