Dr. Tsuji Kyocera, Riken Research, Organ Technologies Form Regenerative Hair Research Team

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be good this fall is a Follica update.

Tsuji's work is great but there are still many unanswered specifics that could scupper it for many, such as will it be applicable to people who still have a lot of hair (vs completely bald) but who want greater density. Or, would existing hair pose a problem for the grafting and eruption of the hair primordium germs. That makes me jittery.

Follica's method meanwhile is actually meant to work better the more hair you already have, which would be good for those with diffuse type hair loss.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not including the biopsy, how many hours do you think a theoretical Tsuji procedure would take? How might it compare to the time it takes a large fue session (5-10 hours)?

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not including the biopsy, how many hours do you think a theoretical Tsuji procedure would take? How might it compare to the time it takes a large fue session (5-10 hours)?

Injections should only take minutes. I'd bet about 30 minutes, they give you a lollipop and send you home.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Injections should only take minutes. I'd bet about 30 minutes, they give you a lollipop and send you home.

Yeah but if they do it fut style (see below image) and have to seal up and cover the graft it will take rather long, wouldn't you agree? Especially if they work on a 1cm2 basis and there are 400cm2 of scalp to individually graft and close, it might take a long time this way.

s4vpeldr2jhk8eual1oh.jpg

Hopefully this is where Kyocera will help to autonomise the process. I keep imagining some kind of flexible injector grid or helmet injector with lots of injectors.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think they have to do FUT style transplantation, the germs are very small. I think in a graphic they released it showed them being 0.15mm in diameter so they should be injectable

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

So will the price tag mostly be due to the cost of cultivating cells? I keep hearing people say start saving as if it will be very expensive, but has anyone even hinted towards a price yet from their end? Why is the assumption it will be pretty expensive?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is just guessing in terms of cost nothing when it comes to cost has even been hinted at.

Personally I dont see it being really expensive, I think it could be around the price of an FUE treatment. It will be more technically advanced and complicated but it seems it will be a lot less labor intensive when compared to FUE. If it's just a matter of cultivating cells then injecting it should be done a lot faster as well, could be a fraction of the time of FUE. That's my 2 cents anyways

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
What would be good this fall is a Follica update.

Tsuji's work is great but there are still many unanswered specifics that could scupper it for many, such as will it be applicable to people who still have a lot of hair (vs completely bald) but who want greater density. Or, would existing hair pose a problem for the grafting and eruption of the hair primordium germs. That makes me jittery.

Follica's method meanwhile is actually meant to work better the more hair you already have, which would be good for those with diffuse type hair loss.

That's another good thing about Tsuji - there's such a strong probability that Tsuji will work that it puts pressure on ALL of the other hair research groups. Follica, Histogen, Kerastem, etc, all have to up their games and get into high gear if they want to get some market-share or else Tsuji will take the entire market. I think we will probably hear something from Follica soon.

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's incredible how Tsuji shows up out of nowhere and pulls the rug from underneath all the other players. Follica, Samumed, Histogen, Replicel, Cosmo Pharma, Dr. Wesley and Kythera must be shaking in their boots. And if they aren't, they're in for one hell of a surprise.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The happiest possible moment I could have in my life is not getting all my hair back - It would be watching the lowly, parasitic trash from Bosley walk out of their abandoned offices with tears wetting their deceitful eyes.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The happiest possible moment I could have in my life is not getting all my hair back - It would be watching the lowly, parasitic trash from Bosley walk out of their abandoned offices with tears wetting their deceitful eyes.

Add Spencer Kobren to the list. I'll be happy when all his advertisers pull out of advertising from his site and put him out of business.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not going to happen. They will be one of the ones performing the procedure when it is eventually approved in America.
Yeah this treatment is going to bring loads of business for clinics that do hair transplants. They'll just reappropriate the clinic for hair regenration. It's similar to switching from offering plugs to offering FUT or FUE.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not going to happen. They will be one of the ones performing the procedure when it is eventually approved in America.

eh, true.. f*ck. They will find some way to continually butcher people. It's their specialty.

jxlegend

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope we get something... tired of minoxidil... male pattern baldness caught up with it within 18 months, but I can't stop using it because I'd look even worse.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
iPSC cells will be able to more or less get rid of scars too right? This isn't necessarily a cure for baldness, but a cure for skin blemishes and scars from things like acne, stretch marks, hair transplant, and surgical scars right?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
iPSC cells will be able to more or less get rid of scars too right? This isn't necessarily a cure for baldness, but a cure for skin blemishes and scars from things like acne, stretch marks, hair transplant, and surgical scars right?
All of the above.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
It's incredible how Tsuji shows up out of nowhere and pulls the rug from underneath all the other players. Follica, Samumed, Histogen, Replicel, Cosmo Pharma, Dr. Wesley and Kythera must be shaking in their boots. And if they aren't, they're in for one hell of a surprise.

well, imho not, at least not all of them.
Let's not forget there will always be 2 classes of Androgenetic Alopecia remedies:
- maintenance for those who act early enough (replicel, histogen, CB, seti, samumed)
- restoration for the others (tsuji, follica)

So, enough market for everybody.

And, in any case, much better than nowadays crap:
- maintenance (finasteride, minoxidil, some naturals for some)
- restoration (hair transplant for some)

I really hope that tsuji, histogen and replicel will land soon enough.
For sure, a revolutionary approach like tsuji's is likely to set a new pace in the game.