Dr. Tsuji Kyocera, Riken Research, Organ Technologies Form Regenerative Hair Research Team

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If someone is maintaining with propecia when Tsuji becomes available, should they be advised to stop taking propecia before the Tsuji procedure and lose their propecia dependent hairs to make room for the cloned hairs to fill?

Or should they get the Tsuji treatment while on propecia and only afterwards quit propecia?

Of course you could stay on propecia forever, but I think the main hope for many people is that one day they will be able to stop their medication. This is why you will often read guys saying, "I'm taking propecia until something better comes along."

If quitting propecia 6-24 months before having the cloning treatment would be the best course of action to maximise results, then sadly it would mean your hair getting worse before getting better.
Just have them make the hair extra dense to account for later thinning.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen if you're a good responder to propecia and then go get cloning with a full-ish head of hair, only to cease propecia later and then see huge gaps developing even after Tsuji. That would be a problem for anyone! It would entail ANOTHER trip to Japan and ANOTHER $20k to get it fixed up. Like a hair transplant fix up.

Just saying it would be better to come off all your treatments and watch your propecia dependent hairs fall out, in order to leave a clear path for all the cloned hairs to fill.

A cloned hair can't take root with a propecia or minoxidil dependent hair in its way.

Last edited:

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
Listen if you're a good responder to propecia and then go get cloning with a full-ish head of hair, only to cease propecia later and then see huge gaps developing even after Tsuji. That would be a problem for anyone! It would entail ANOTHER trip to Japan and ANOTHER $20k to get it fixed up. Like a hair transplant fix up.

Just saying it might be better to come off all treatments and watch your propecia gains fall out and leave a clear the path for the cloned hairs.

A cloned hair can't take root with a propecia hair in its way.

Stop treatments and wait before you become nw6 and then go for Tsuji (y)

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what about replicel? If it works and only costs as much as they claim (~$1000) it'll be worth the trip to Japan

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
If it really only costs as much as they claim, then it probably only works as much as it costs.
How about we actually get something that works first?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it really only costs as much as they claim, then it probably only works as much as it costs.
How about we actually get something that works first?

That cost was just an estimate, they'll probably charge 3x that. It's too early to speculate whether it works or not, we'll know hopefully sometime in 2017. I'm just saying if it immunizes hair this will go well with Tsuji's method

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think Replicel will work so well bud.

I guess that leaves me with two options... Trust your collection of bro science degrees, or the scientists working on this project's accredited phd degrees from some petty university...

Last edited:

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess that leaves me with two options... Trust your collection of bro science degrees, or the scientists working on this projects's accredited phd degrees from some petty university...

I hate to take this so far of topic but I don't understand the replicel hate

They are promising permanent results, they will be relatively inexpensive and available soon. They even post on their website it will be available in several asian countries in 2018, how many others give a firm date? This can be a finasteride replacement available in less than 2 years! all I hear is bitching about finasteride (rightfully so because of sides and such) and now there's a possible replacement and it gets nothing but hate.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My eye twitches every time someone calls it "cloned" hair.

It is not cloned, damn it.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop treatments and wait before you become nw6 and then go for Tsuji (y)

Pretty much. Or at least to a point where you're around
That cost was just an estimate, they'll probably charge 3x that. It's too early to speculate whether it works or not, we'll know hopefully sometime in 2017. I'm just saying if it immunizes hair this will go well with Tsuji's method

Yes it would be perfect. Just get Replicel, immunize what hairs you have and wait for Tsuji.
I guess that leaves me with two options... Trust your collection of bro science degrees, or the scientists working on this projects's accredited phd degrees from some petty university...

Hoffman the mastermind behind this and the trichoscanner® has no proofs it can immunize or regrow hair.

Of course I hope it will still work if the Shiseido scientists can do something with their technology but we'll see.

Last edited:

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My eye twitches every time someone calls it "cloned" hair.

It is not cloned, damn it.

Yeah we all know that they're amplified hair germ primordiums, but calling them cloned hairs is just shorter and easier. We all know what it's referring to.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoffman the mastermind behind this and the trichoscanner® has no proofs it can immunize or regrow hair.

Of course I hope it will still work if the Shiseido scientists can do something with their technology but we'll see.

I'm going to go ahead and assume they know something that you don't if they intend to continue pouring money into the science they've spent years attempting to develop. I don't mean to ignore the fact that it didn't pass your eye test though...

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and assume they know something that you don't if they intend to continue pouring money into the science they've spent years attempting to develop. I don't mean to ignore the fact that it didn't pass your eye test though...

Replicel are not pouring money into rch-01. In fact they've done jack with it for a decade except for one safety test!

Their proudest accomplishment seems to be an injector device, which is neat I guess but pretty unnecessary since Shiseido will be using their own type of injector.

They are now making money from their deal with Shiseido and letting them do the work from now on.

And for those of you saying "Well they're Doctors with PhDs they must know best". When has being a Doctor ever stopped someone being a charlatan? Dr. Nigam anyone?

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that Dr. Hoffman and Replicel are nowhere near as professional as Dr. Tsuji and Riken.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
They're not pouring money into rch-01. They've done jack with it for a decade except for one safety test!

They are now making money from their deal with Shiseido and letting them do the work.

And for those of you saying "Well they're Doctors with PhDs" etc. When has that ever stopped someone being a charlatan? Dr. Nigam anyone?

At this point does it matter who is pouring money into it? Are these trials free? Is money being spent to carry out the trials? Is the staff working pro bono? If you intend to discredit all doctors because of one why do you even come to this section of the forum?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess that leaves me with two options... Trust your collection of bro science degrees, or the scientists working on this project's accredited phd degrees from some petty university...

And yet most hair loss treatments that failed thus far were products of hard scientific work too.

all I hear is bitching about finasteride (rightfully so because of sides and such) and now there's a possible replacement and it gets nothing but hate.

A possible replacement hasn't stopped anyone's hair loss yet, much less regrown as much as we'll need regrown by the time it's out.
But yes, a finasteride replacement would have been a god sent 3 years ago, obviously.

I get nauseaous every time I realize balding guys just latch onto any fantasy that gets them through the day. That's what we're doing, really, isn't it? We're looking for excuses for companies and scientists when they don't even bother half as much themselves. We convince ourselves their products will work and will come in time yet they never ever do. But it doesn't matter because by the time they fall through, a promising new treatment is on the horizon so we cling to that and it's the same thing all over again. Rinse and repeat.

And I suspect many are even okay with that because it's more comfortable than actually getting up and doing something about this defect and society's investment. This isn't living, it's just getting by on false hopes and illusions for the sake of survival; the most pathetic and miserable existence imaginable.

I can't believe we're looking at having to spend our entire lives bald(ing) yet everyone is so damn willing to daydream their youth away.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
And yet most hair loss treatments that failed thus far were products of hard scientific work too.

I guess I don't understand what you're jesting... That's science in a nutshell, try and fail until you succeed... My point is if I'm going to trust someone's opinion it'll likely be the guy super knowledgeable about the science, and testing it hands on, and not some homie who's relying solely on press releases... Weird I know...

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah we all know that they're amplified hair germ primordiums, but calling them cloned hairs is just shorter and easier. We all know what it's referring to.

No, the distinction matters because lots of posters' confusion comes from the belief that the hairs are exact copies.

So clearly, not everyone does know what it's referring to.

Well no sh*t.

Hard scientific work is different from hard scientific results. There has never been anything with anywhere near the credibility of Shiseido/RepliCel as a potential replacement for finasteride. Likewise, there has literally never been anything as promising, with as much scientific documentation and successful experiments as a full-on cure than there has been with Tsuji.

If all you have is doubt, pessimistic views because you can't realize that science takes time to advance and we have better understanding and tech than 20-30 years ago, when the TV "doctor" was promising you a cure, then do us all a favour and GTFO here because we all know we'll see you naysayer broscientists FIRST in the lineup when these treatments come through.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

A possible replacement hasn't stopped anyone's hair loss yet, much less regrown as much as we'll need regrown by the time it's out.
But yes, a finasteride replacement would have been a god sent 3 years ago, obviously.

I get nauseaous every time I realize balding guys just latch onto any fantasy that gets them through the day. That's what we're doing, really, isn't it? We're looking for excuses for companies and scientists when they don't even bother half as much themselves. We convince ourselves their products will work and will come in time yet they never ever do. But it doesn't matter because by the time they fall through, a promising new treatment is on the horizon so we cling to that and it's the same thing all over again. Rinse and repeat.

And I suspect many are even okay with that because it's more comfortable than actually getting up and doing something about this defect and society's investment. This isn't living, it's just getting by on false hopes and illusions for the sake of survival; the most pathetic and miserable existence imaginable.

I can't believe we're looking at having to spend our entire lives bald(ing) yet everyone is so damn willing to daydream their youth away.

why are you even here? posting on a thread about a treatment you pretty much say will not work

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I never said it wasn't going to work. I just said absolutely no other viable treatment has worked thus far and we've absolutely no reason to count on this working as all we have are promises made by companies that make money by making promises.

You think I'm not hopeful? Of course I am - it's just that I'm even more terrified we're not doing enough or certainly not everything we would be doing if we knew all these promising treatments would eventually fail. I'm scared we're being complacent.

I mean, fast forward 15 years to a hypothetical situation where every single one of these treatments turned out to be a bust. How do you reconcile yourself to not having fought harder just because you assumed things would turn out alright on their own? It's our lives that are at stake, of course I am not fine with a cure coming in 20 years' time. No one should be.