Dr Tsuji And Hairloss Treatment Questions

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, what makes me doubtful is the fact that reading the interview they say that they will not initially treat 10000 patients a year, but that once opened various facilities around the world (first ones outside of Japan will probably be in South Korea) 10000 patients a year will be their GOAL. This means that the waiting list will be enormous, and that it will probably cost more than 50k

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You balding virgin brah?

All your bros f*****g all the girls while you stand and watch, with armpit hair on your head.
You're like the kid who got raped by his uncle and grew up to become a villain and wants to destroy the world. It's just sad.. I totally understand what hair loss can do to somebody emotionally, DM me if you need someone to talk to alright? :)

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, what makes me doubtful is the fact that reading the interview they say that they will not initially treat 10000 patients a year, but that once opened various facilities around the world (first ones outside of Japan will probably be in South Korea) 10000 patients a year will be their GOAL. This means that the waiting list will be enormous, and that it will probably cost more than 50k

Probably due to translation and stuff, the response is worded rather strangely and does indeed make it sound like that. I think the exact wording was something like "We aim to treat 10,000 patients globally"

But there is no way he can seriously mean that's the end game; they'd might as well not even bother. That's one part of the interview that I said from the get-go needs clarification.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably due to translation and stuff, the response is worded rather strangely and does indeed make it sound like that. I think the exact wording was something like "We aim to treat 10,000 patients globally"

But there is no way he can seriously mean that's the end game; they'd might as well not even bother. That's one part of the interview that I said from the get-go needs clarification.
Exactly.
If every major city in the world gets its processing center, why would only 10,000 people be treated?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, in the translation it says that they aim at treating 10,000 per annum globally, which is a really small number.

A couple different scenarios affect how it will play out. There will be those that stand back and await the outcome of the brave beta testers. Others may be paused depending on price. Finally, those that can afford it regardless, and will jump right in. When it comes to products or new technology, I fit into the first category. But, when it comes to this, I'm going for it the second it comes out of the chute.

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If the treatment costs 50k they will make around 500 millions a year. That's a lot of money. I think they would bother.
I mean, Rogaine profits Johnson&Johnson around 50 million a year so...you do the math

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
Nope, in the translation it says that they aim at treating 10,000 per annum globally, which is a really small number.
I guess I would assume this means immediately after trials the first year of commercializing the treatment will only be in Japan with limited surgeons, supplies yada. Then after the first year everything goes alright there's testimonies reviews everyone hopefully loves it U.S. hair surgeons start violently drooling, 6 digits in there eyes, and the rest will play out how it plays out supply and demand.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're like the kid who got raped by his uncle and grew up to become a villain and wants to destroy the world. It's just sad.. I totally understand what hair loss can do to somebody emotionally, DM me if you need someone to talk to alright? :)

You came here expressing your depression on how all your bros are f*****g girls you wish you can have. You ole pube head virgin

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You came here expressing your depression on how all your bros are f*****g girls you wish you can have. You ole pube head virgin
That's true, but yours seems waayyy more serious than mine or any of us here. I hope you get the help you need.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the treatment costs 50k they will make around 500 millions a year. That's a lot of money. I think they would bother.
I mean, Rogaine profits Johnson&Johnson around 50 million a year so...you do the math

Yeah, but if you can make 500 million on just 10k people on a process they are going to automate...why stop there?

That's just not how any sensible company with demand for their product and capital to expand operations goes about things.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No way of knowing for sure ofc, but it's fun speculation nonetheless... :)

Imo there's just no way that the cost of ''Tsuji-transplant'' will be 50k USD. Maybe, just
maybe in the absolute, very beginning...but cannot imagine 10 000 pr annum paying
that money.

We have the understand that people who really need Tsuji are the most unlucky ones,
ie Norwood 5 and upwards for whome regular treatment and transplants are not ''enough''.
It's really a niche, even in the hairloss-world.
Remember; Tsuji (Kyocera) aims to be competitive with classic tranplants, and to do that
they'd have to similar in pricing also - atleast the upper expensive side of FUE megasessions,
hence why they aim to automatize the process. Come to think - it really isn't that much
of a speculation even...

Myself personally, I'd be the forst in line...even for the 50k price, but everyone who
lives in the objective reality knows that people like myself are the extreme minority.

Exiting times with *big* news coming out way in relative short amount of time;
Shiseido, Follica and Tsuji :) Never has there been more reason to feel optimistic
about ''future'' treatments!

Cheers

R_gesus

Reaction score
Is Tsuji cloning follicle units, or just individual hairs? If it is follicle units, might he be able to control how many hairs grow from them?