Dr Tsuji And Hairloss Treatment Questions

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think tsuji's team confirmed that one of the risks that could come with their technique is growing tumors induced by produced cells, they said the risk is small but it's still there

Oh damn, that’s a bummer I hope that won’t get in the way of a release.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like a party pooper but even IF this comes out the results will only be as good as the surgeon you chose, right?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like a party pooper but even IF this comes out the results will only be as good as the surgeon you chose, right?

The main limiting factors for plugs are the aesthetic results on the hairline and the limitated amount of grafts available.
Hyperbolically speaking even a monkey could fill in your crown with enough grafts, but it’s hard to make the hairline look natural. Tsuji would definetely solve the graft quantity issue and they even proposed developping methods to generate hair in different grades of thickness...I am sceptical about the latter, especially since they proposed automated graft transplantation, which is generally a sh*t method, but I will take a slightly pluggy hairline over a NW7 any day. It really does not look too bad.

inmyhead

Reaction score
The main limiting factors for plugs are the aesthetic results on the hairline and the limitated amount of grafts available.
Hyperbolically speaking even a monkey could fill in your crown with enough grafts, but it’s hard to make the hairline look natural. Tsuji would definetely solve the graft quantity issue and they even proposed developping methods to generate hair in different grades of thickness...I am sceptical about the latter, especially since they proposed automated graft transplantation, which is generally a sh*t method, but I will take a slightly pluggy hairline over a NW7 any day. It really does not look too bad.

Nobody except balding people or the ones interested in hair transplants notice if your hairline is transplanted or not. Some people don't even know what norwood 2 is and that it indicates balding.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody except balding people or the ones interested in hair transplants notice if your hairline is transplanted or not. Some people don't even know what norwood 2 is and that it indicates balding.

I agree halfheartedly, while I didn’t give too much thought to it back in the day I think I remember spotting some hairlines that seemed a bit off, before actually being educated about hair transplants. I attributed it to an unusual balding pattern. Yeah, but as you said really no biggie aesthetically, just something that can tip you off for a second or two, there is not much stigma attached to hair transplants anyways so what gives.

Sino

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question. Aderans and Intercytex had implant Human Cells und human Skin. The Resuts says the hair was growing, the Problem is that Not all hairs was growing and the hair was smaller than normal hairs.
Is this Right ?
I know that Tsuji can control the thikness of hair.
The question is how do we know that tsujis treatment will work ?
What is the difference of both researches?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question. Aderans and Intercytex had implant Human Cells und human Skin. The Resuts says the hair was growing, the Problem is that Not all hairs was growing and the hair was smaller than normal hairs.
Is this Right ?
I know that Tsuji can control the thikness of hair.
The question is how do we know that tsujis treatment will work ?
What is the difference of both researches?
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...tely-data-in-feb.103266/page-112#post-1607476

H

Reaction score
Has tsuji made the announcement they started that preclinical yet? they wanted to get done by end of 2018. Cutting it pretty close if he hasnt I would think.

butler

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the old one its says in that last paragraph they'll release the details of the trial before initiation but it's been 2 months since

I took that to mean they’ll release details of the initiation Clinical Phase (ie Human trials) which is expected in 2019. It sounds like they’ve started the preclinical bit.

Soundwave

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get the gist of what the Tsuji tech is but I'm having some issues visualizing it from a patient's POV.

So lets say it works and everything, you show up at Tsuji Clinic or whatever in 2022, they take a small square cm size of your scalp from your non-balding area.

They then multiply that from say 100 hair cells to 100000 hair cells or whatever number. OK, so the actual process next is that they bring you back and inject the cells into your scalp? There's no actual grafting like a hair transplant? So it would be basically someone like a nurse making a bunch of injections into your scalp with a needle? Are we talking like thousands of injections or would it be far less than that? I'm just curious.

Also how does the nylon factor into this, they put nylon into your scalp to prevent the injected sites from closing up and/or to push the hair to grow in a correct direction? What happens to the nylon, it just naturally falls out?

Sorry if some of these questions are obvious but it doesn't seem like anyone's really gone through how the process would work from the POV of the patient.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They then multiply that from say 100 hair cells to 100000 hair cells or whatever number. OK, so the actual process next is that they bring you back and inject the cells into your scalp? There's no actual grafting like a hair transplant? So it would be basically someone like a nurse making a bunch of injections into your scalp with a needle? Are we talking like thousands of injections or would it be far less than that? I'm just curious.

They graft in the beginning when they take those initial hair follicles. When you come back, they will be injected, with nylon threads visibly sticking out of your head (I assume they'll be visible). You'll probably look like a baby for the duration that the nylon threads are stuck to your scalp.

Also how does the nylon factor into this, they put nylon into your scalp to prevent the injected sites from closing up and/or to push the hair to grow in a correct direction? What happens to the nylon, it just naturally falls out?

The nylon is supposed to fall out by itself, yes.

Could somebody, perhaps @Noisette, ask them about the risk of tumorigenesis so far and whether they're working on decreasing the odds of it occurring down to the risk level of native hair follicle cells before launching the final product?

Oromus110

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serious question: can we apply for human trials? I just quit my job on Friday, got nothing better to do rn.

Off topic, but imagine all those people that applied for finasteride human trials thinking "finally a hair loss cure" and then the doctors put them in a placebo group.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Off topic, but imagine all those people that applied for finasteride human trials thinking "finally a hair loss cure" and then the doctors put them in a placebo group.

I’d go in a placebo group for Tsuji. I’d kidnap @Roberto_72 for Tsuji. I’d scalp @itsjustsimon for Tsuji. We baldies know no boundaries. I’d suck the life of a thousand aborted fetuses for Tsuji, mate. For a bald man who went bald before his thirties, having his teenage hair back is like a dying wish. And only bald men understand.

@all seriously tho, do we have any information about human trials applications? I’m up for it.