Dr Tsuji And Hairloss Treatment Questions

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can understand a placebo in drug tests but to just punch some others scalp without the cellular material, would they do that? I don't see a need. Also, I don't think they would allow a foreigner in the trials. Just the way Japanese seem to do business, but I feel it would be wrong from the standpoint of genetic diversity being the best thing to truly test the success of the process. Man, I'm really looking forward to some data. Good or bad, at least we will know.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I’ve been away for a month. Is there any meaningful update on RIKEN/Tsuji?
Any word on the trials?

Last I heard was a press releases regarding investor funding. The one that apparently got taken off the official website for a few days and everyone here started crying.

defthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interested in this too. I have been searching the Internet trying to find out how. I guess we would have to sign up to a Japanese clinical trials recruitment program and tell them that we specifically want to be guinea pigs for Tsuji. The only question is, which registrar will Riken/Organ Tech. use?

H

Reaction score
Interested in this too. I have been searching the Internet trying to find out how. I guess we would have to sign up to a Japanese clinical trials recruitment program and tell them that we specifically want to be guinea pigs for Tsuji. The only question is, which registrar will Riken/Organ Tech. use?
You would have to stay in Japan for months at least you do know that right? I reason that would be a hefty price just saying if you dont have someone to stay with not counting treatment.

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the study of Tsuji where they used human stem cells, do you guys know what was the length of the growth phase?

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Tsuji is working on cloning hair - essentially creating an unlimited donor-stash of hairs which can be used for hair transplants. It will work for both bald and balding people but it won't stop baldness as it's just new hairs.

2. The treatment is a surgery similar to a normal hair transplant - i expect that the side-effects would be the same.

3. No human tests yet.

4. I believe human tests are supposed to start later this year or next year.

5. This is probably the holy grail in hair loss since it will work for everyone as long as they still got a bit of hair left on their head. The biggest obstacle is most likely that this will be extremely expensive and have a high wait-list.

6. Again, this treatment should be suitable for all types of androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness). I don't think it will work for people undergoing chemotherapy or people with alopecia universalis.

Hair implantation: not transplant.

What about diffuse thinners though? would you reckon that it would also work? Theoretically, couldn't they still find the few stray resistant hair follicles on the scalp? Thanks for the initial response though: insightful.

Sbocco

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a news on the website of organ tecnol. In that news they say they recive authorization for selling class 1 medicine.
But in the june paper they said hair multiplication will be class 2 medicine.
Why?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a news on the website of organ tecnol. In that news they say they recive authorization for selling class 1 medicine.
But in the june paper they said hair multiplication will be class 2 medicine.
Why?
Link?

Organ Technologies must be doing a lot of other business.

Are you sure this news is about Tsuji? Or is it some other Class 1 thing?

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.gov-online.go.jp/eng/publicity/book/hlj/html/201810/201810_10_en.html

New article in the Internet :) (with a beautiful new Picture of Tsuji #nohomo)

Regenerative medicine is at the core of twenty-first century medical treatment and it is strategically important for Japan to develop this high-value industry.
“We pursue innovations in this area of research and development at a world-class level, and it is our mission to make it happen both within and beyond Japan,” Tsuji and Sugimura agree. “Regenerating hair follicles is the beginning of that road, and after preclinical and safety testing our goal is to implement it by 2020. Starting by curing baldness, our intention is to develop an industry aimed at improving quality of life.”
It is kind of refreshing that the keep their 2020 aime and not pushing that back year for year :)
img_10_02.png

So, they produced an average 5 hair follicle. That is quite a lot and will give your crwon great coverage :)))

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am having a hard time visualizing the implementation of nylon threads. Sounds very labour intensive. Basically twice as labour intensive as a common hair transplant, if I picture it correctly.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
It is kind of refreshing that the keep their 2020 aime and not pushing that back year for year :)
View attachment 103062
So, they produced an average 5 hair follicle. That is quite a lot and will give your crwon great coverage :)))

Nice piece, but it is definitely not a cure for baldness in the traditional sense, so the wording is a bit odd. If they will make micro incisions as in a traditional transplant you probably can't wear it very short due to micro scarring, 5-hair follicles in your hairline will look absolutely ridiculous (at least to us) and it seems like the result would still depend on the surgeon (or in most cases, assistants). I wonder how they will approach the hairline, plant more 1-hair follicles (don't know if this is possible, necrosis?) or if the hairline will just be less density. That would kind of suck, you'd probably have to do multiple procedures to get the desired density in your hairline.

With that being said, it'll probably be a functional cure for most. Hopefully in 2020 we'll know a bit more about the costs and when it'll actually be available for regular people. Looking forward to the next press release.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
@BroBroBro posted this link here: https://www.gov-online.go.jp/eng/publicity/book/hlj/html/201810/201810_10_en.html

I guess the post got deleted.

Can someone explain to me the subtitle of this Article:

"Organ Technologies and RIKEN have developed large-scale technology that stimulates hair follicles to produce hair, and have begun preclinical safety tests on a potential cure for the plague of baldness."

Wasn't Tsuji about hair multiplication?
What's this technology that "stimulates hair follicles"?

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
@BroBroBro posted this link here: https://www.gov-online.go.jp/eng/publicity/book/hlj/html/201810/201810_10_en.html

I guess the post got deleted.

Can someone explain to me the subtitle of this Article:

"Organ Technologies and RIKEN have developed large-scale technology that stimulates hair follicles to produce hair, and have begun preclinical safety tests on a potential cure for the plague of baldness."

Wasn't Tsuji about hair multiplication?
What's this technology that "stimulates hair follicles"?

Last press release was in June I think. I agree, 'stimulation' is the Replicel/Shisheido/Hairclone methodology afaik. Tsuji is full blown cloning. Perhaps the author just isn't that knowledgeable?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last press release was in June I think. I agree, 'stimulation' is the Replicel/Shisheido/Hairclone methodology afaik. Tsuji is full blown cloning. Perhaps the author just isn't that knowledgeable?
It's a website maintained by the Japanese Government...