Dr. Proctor- Snake-oil'n since (at least) 1987..

Jacob

Reaction score
So where's that 3 year clinical study? Or was he just making things up(lying) from the beginning?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is either gonna kick off or Bryan is going to ignore you!

Im starting to wonder if he is actually shilling for Proctor or he is just doing this to get on your nerves!

Them 6 months before and after shots are hilarious!

Jacob

Reaction score
He's been getting on a lot of nerves for over 15+ years. Anyone can go back and read various ppl calling him(as well as Proctor) on this. The big question still remains...why did he..and does he still...get away with it? When he says here in this forum that he can say anything he wants..while at the same time asking others if they own this place or something, when calling him on these things....and then no one here can answer why he gets away with it.... :shock:

HLH is the same way- try asking Farrel about these things..it's hilarous :shakehead:

Again...So where's that 3 year clinical study? Or was he just making things up(lying) from the beginning?

Jacob

Reaction score
Looks to be from a chat room: http://www.hairlosssucks.com/1232000c.htm A few of the more interesting ones...

Bryan2 Me, too! Dr. P takes some heat, but not all of it is deserved! :)
GeorgeMiu not only a patient, but apparently one that flew to houston to see Dr P
Bryan2 Wow.
Bryan2 Damn, I could *walk* to his office from here! :)

Rkt Bryan, how would you rate Prox's effectiveness compared to Min/finasteride combo? As good, twice as good, etc?
Bryan2 It's hard to specify exactly what *twice as good* means in this context.
Mikey Oh don't be such a perfectionist Bryan!
Bryan2 I think it would grow noticeably more hair.

Bryan2 BTW, Dr. P has been negotiating with me to help him prosecute cases of patent infringement...

My questions above...still remain......

BTW...did you see that last quote? :wave: ..and I just about used the other wave guy.....

Jacob

Reaction score
I wonder if ppl like Will Brink were just duped into believing and then pushing the Prox crap or if it's worse than that. He didn't have much to say after I pointed these ads out to him and the lack of evidence overall on even the "prescription" product, which he was trying to hide behind.

I've been posting his video on whey and hair loss...and I think he's the one behind that pro-dht(for your body) article I've posted numerous times over the years..but he has no credibility on this one- otherwise he would have backed up the claims(that even he is making) etc. Which is impossible to do- even Proctor and Bryan have been unable to do that. But then he needs to stop hyping the crap as well(which he might have already done). Updating his articles to reflect reality on this issue would make him look a bit..not so... :freak:

LostHope

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Looks to be from a chat room: http://www.hairlosssucks.com/1232000c.htm A few of the more interesting ones...

Bryan2 Me, too! Dr. P takes some heat, but not all of it is deserved! :)
GeorgeMiu not only a patient, but apparently one that flew to houston to see Dr P
Bryan2 Wow.
Bryan2 Damn, I could *walk* to his office from here! :)

[quote:3suhn7a2]Rkt Bryan, how would you rate Prox's effectiveness compared to Min/finasteride combo? As good, twice as good, etc?
Bryan2 It's hard to specify exactly what *twice as good* means in this context.
Mikey Oh don't be such a perfectionist Bryan!
Bryan2 I think it would grow noticeably more hair.

Bryan2 BTW, Dr. P has been negotiating with me to help him prosecute cases of patent infringement...

My questions above...still remain......

BTW...did you see that last quote? :wave: ..and I just about used the other wave guy.....[/quote:3suhn7a2]

CSI Jacob - now you really got him :bravo:

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't post very often but have lurked on and off for a few years...

I have to congratulate Jacob on a sterling job on this thread, the Bryan / Proctor saga is something that has been irritating me for a long time...

Well done on putting the effort in to finally show these numpty's up for what they really are...

Good things

:bravo:

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day proxiphen may have other prescription drugs as part of it mechanism, but the main ingredient that promotes growth is minoxidil We all know the minoxidil is capable of this so why pay over the odds for snake oil proxiphen when generic products like Kirkland etc are available?

Jacob

Reaction score
Thanks guys..but looking back and even remembering some of this..others have pointed out a lot of what I've been saying. The ads and chat transcripts may be a first, but here's HT55 as an example(wonder what happened to him):

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=51738&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Some others with quotes...

Love this one from Bryan:

I quit using my treatments (on a regular basis) a long time ago. I've only been using them extremely irreguarly. I need to get back in the saddle again, before I lose any more hair. And I _have_ been losing hair, since I stopped

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51908&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

That is from May of 2009. So he had been using the products(irreguarly (sic)) since those lame before/after pictures, and was interested in getting "back in the saddle again". Whichever story he's going to stick with- he stopped way back then or he did use the products "irreguarly"...he's got an excuse for not having to provide updated before/afters. And nice...strange..last post in that thread :shock:

And then some time later..this:
Bryan:
LISTEN TO WHAT I'M SAYING TO YOU, DUDE: during the 2-year period of those photos, I used ONLY Prox-n (which doesn't contain minoxidil) and NANO shampoo. AFTER that 2-year period covered by those photos, I started experimenting with other substances, including Proxiphen and minoxidil. How many times do I have to repeat this?

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=62203&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

Besides proving he was indeed still using Proctor's crap(wasn't there some $ excuse? I thought he was even getting his shampoo at a shelter or something)...I guess things didn't go so well. Oh..but wait..

As I've already told you, I don't have any photos for that period, so I can't say for sure. But I don't doubt that Proxiphen helped me a bit more still.

Oh gosh darn it. Proctor must have lost the camera in-between...whatever was going on.

Bryan
As for getting the Prox-N photos, Dr. Proctor apparently likes to snap a picture of ALL his walk-in customers, just so that they'll be able to verify at a later date whether or not they were really responding to his treatments. It was 2 years after that first photo that I asked him to snap another picture of me, so I could see for myself how I was doing. That's a sign of his honesty and integrity!

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=51288&p=585434&hilit

And that folks..is why there's so much proof that Prox works so well. All those pictures! I guess those customers walk in...walk out..and never return. Or more likely- never get the results as hyped up by Proctor and Bryan. Such honesty..and integrity...
And once again..some interesting posts in that thread by someone I won't name :whistle:

Way too many others to mention..including other posters in this forum and others.

Jacob

Reaction score
Gonna post the usual things I've(and others have) posted before...bit by bit...that would and have gotten other ppl/docs/companies laughed out of these forums..called snake-oil..and even censored and banned.

Dr. Proctor:
It grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent.

Not a shred of evidence for that.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
What's this Bryan no defence?

Well i would of thought you of all people would have proved this wrong !

Guess not !

Jacob

Reaction score
"Mysterious ingredients"

Not only are some of the known ingredients(supposedly in the product(s) ) not on the labels, but starting years(probably 10+) ago at alt.baldspot both Dr. Proctor and Bryan have been going around these forums talking about ingredients that Dr. Proctor has never disclosed but are supposed to make the product(s) even better. Typical snake oil talk to get ppl thinking there's more to the product than there really is. Actually it's not "typical" snake oil talk. Maybe someone can cite some examples, but I can't recall anyone else not disclosing all the actives, and hyping such non-existent "mysterious ingredients" in forums or even on their websites.

Bryan:
03/06/2011 02:12 PM
Trust me on this: both Proxiphen and Prox-N contain mysterious ingredients whose identities have never been fully disclosed, either on their respective labels, or on hairloss discussion forums!

Jacob

Reaction score
Jacob said:
I wonder if ppl like Will Brink were just duped into believing and then pushing the Prox crap or if it's worse than that. He didn't have much to say after I pointed these ads out to him and the lack of evidence overall on even the "prescription" product, which he was trying to hide behind.

I've been posting his video on whey and hair loss...and I think he's the one behind that pro-dht(for your body) article I've posted numerous times over the years..but he has no credibility on this one- otherwise he would have backed up the claims(that even he is making) etc. Which is impossible to do- even Proctor and Bryan have been unable to do that. But then he needs to stop hyping the crap as well(which he might have already done). Updating his articles to reflect reality on this issue would make him look a bit..not so... :freak:

Seems Will Brink was more than just hiding behind the prescription product when he first started pushing the stuff. Look how he goes after posters who even back then questioned Dr. Proctor. Just one example(scroll down a bit):

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....cf2e2?lnk=gst&q=Proctor+lite#9a5c67485e2cf2e2

beaner

Reaction score
Is it even legal to have "secret" ingredients in a prescription drug/product? I thought it was required by law to fully disclose ingredients in any product. Can someone enlighten me on this?

Jacob

Reaction score
beaner said:
Is it even legal to have "secret" ingredients in a prescription drug/product? I thought it was required by law to fully disclose ingredients in any product. Can someone enlighten me on this?

I do know they're trying to change things so that everything, even "fragrance"(in other words- what ingredient(s) make up that fragrance), is disclosed. Right now..active ingredients, in a product like this..I don't know.

That shouldn't even matter. Talking about other active ingredients that are in the product that aren't listed/disclosed..in a way as to make the product sound more impressive..is snake-oil talk. Unless they're things he couldn't get away with if disclosed...there are no other mysterious active ingredients. Either way...you want to slap that on your head? :shock:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
beaner said:

I think Dr. Proctor is profoundly aware of what's legal and NOT legal in prescription medications. Furthermore, the FDA has already looked at Proxiphen in the past, and they had no problem with it at all.