Dr john Crisler Discusses his fears on finasteride

barcafan

Senior Member
Reaction score
10
[youtube:1t0alon3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEGCTMtlgoc[/youtube:1t0alon3]


This guy is a world reknowned Anti-aging doctor who modulates MANY people's (Worldwide) hormone imbalances.

Just thought i'd put this out there.
 

cuebald

Senior Member
Reaction score
11
lol

people who've come off of finasteride and still have these "sides" (depression, impotence, weakness) are barmy - it's all in their minds.
He said it himself, they have normal testosterone levels, they are just thinking themselves unwell.
 

barcafan

Senior Member
Reaction score
10
Then why do you suppose he's so against it?


I love how everyone says its all in your head, that is until it happens to them and they're left with people telling them the exact same thing.

Sounds just like the NW1 people telling HP and UCMan to get over it, when they're not anywhere close to their baldness.

You shouldn't be on Finasteride, you're just thinking yourself bald.
 

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
7
finasteride is good for me, no bad sides, thankgod there is something out there.

Like to know more about his recommendation though, sounds interesting, 2% nizoral and 2% spironolactone??? Its a shampoo or what? His web site dose not specify anything about it other than name and price.

Dr. John's Anti-Hair Loss Formula $ 55.00 60 ml

allthingsmale.com
 

amsch

Senior Member
Reaction score
1
cuebald said:
lol

people who've come off of finasteride and still have these "sides" (depression, impotence, weakness) are barmy - it's all in their minds.
He said it himself, they have normal testosterone levels, they are just thinking themselves unwell.

Well, take a look at my bloodwork. You'll see that finally, after aboutA YEAR, my hormonal levels are getting back to normal. See how much everything was screwed up right after quitting finasteride.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=53740

so stop being so ignorant.
 

barcafan

Senior Member
Reaction score
10
hairrific said:
finasteride is good for me, no bad sides, thankgod there is something out there.

Like to know more about his recommendation though, sounds interesting, 2% nizoral and 2% spironolactone??? Its a shampoo or what? His web site dose not specify anything about it other than name and price.

Dr. John's Anti-Hair Loss Formula $ 55.00 60 ml

allthingsmale.com


Yeah its spironolactone / ketoconazole with a liposomal delivery (i think its gel).

I might actually give it a shot, it's pretty affordable.
 

barcafan

Senior Member
Reaction score
10
Dr crislers' main area of focus isn't male pattern baldness, its HRT. He isn't some snake oil pusher. Whatever helps you sleep at night though.
 

Jm0311

Senior Member
Reaction score
2
wow i wonder if I should quit my Topical finasteride now



Dr. John's Anti-Hair Loss Formula


$ 55.00


60 ml
 

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
7
barcafan said:
hairrific said:
finasteride is good for me, no bad sides, thankgod there is something out there.

Like to know more about his recommendation though, sounds interesting, 2% nizoral and 2% spironolactone??? Its a shampoo or what? His web site dose not specify anything about it other than name and price.

Dr. John's Anti-Hair Loss Formula $ 55.00 60 ml

allthingsmale.com


Yeah its spironolactone / ketoconazole with a liposomal delivery (i think its gel).

I might actually give it a shot, it's pretty affordable.


spironolactone / ketoconazole with a liposomal delivery (i think its gel)

This sounds like reputable ingredients to me, it's a leave in gel? Anyone have more info?
 
T

Timi

Guest
i take 15Years finasteride
my Live good No Problems

minoxidil makes my Live to a hell
Waterface
Water in the Body
Burning Face
Heart Problems
Air Problems
arround the Eyes red black Blue

and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Libido down "from minoxidil"
i had no Problems 15 Years with finasteride
minoxidil on my Head my Libido is Down
my tail liveless


Timi
 
T

Timi

Guest
I think many have a Problem
and say finasteride is it

and minoxidil is the real Ground

after 2 Years minoxidil i must take Betablocker
i had befor never a Problem with my Heart

Timi
 

rpmsongs

New Member
Reaction score
0
minoxidil side effects:

Minoxidil Solution

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Minoxidil Solution:

Burning or irritation of the eye; itching; redness or irritation at the treated area; unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the body.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Minoxidil Solution:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dizziness; fainting; fast heartbeat; sudden, unexplained weight gain; swollen hands or feet.

Top

Minoxidil Side Effects - for the Professional
Minoxidil

1. Salt and Water Retention—Temporary edema developed in 7% of patients who were not edematous at the start of therapy.

2. Pericarditis, Pericardial Effusion, and Tamponade.

3. Dermatologic—Hypertrichosis—Elongation, thickening, and enhanced pigmentation of fine body hair are seen in about 80% of patients taking Minoxidil tablets. This develops within 3 to 6 weeks after starting therapy. It is usually first noticed on the temples, between the eyebrows, between the hairline and the eyebrows, or in the side-burn area of the upper lateral cheek, later extending to the back, arms, legs, and scalp. Upon discontinuation of Minoxidil, new hair growth stops, but 1 to 6 months may be required for restoration to pretreatment appearance. No endocrine abnormalities have been found to explain the abnormal hair growth; thus, it is hypertrichosis without virilism. Hair growth is especially disturbing to children and women and such patients should be thoroughly informed about this effect before therapy with Minoxidil is begun.

Allergic—Rashes have been reported, including rare reports of bullous eruptions, and Stevens-Johnson Syndrome.

4. Hematologic—Thrombocytopenia and leukopenia (WBC<3000/mm3) have rarely been reported.

5. Gastrointestinal—Nausea and/or vomiting has been reported. In clinical trials the incidence of nausea and vomiting associated with the underlying disease has shown a decrease from pretrial levels.

6. Miscellaneous—Breast tenderness—This developed in less than 1% of patients.

7. Altered Laboratory Findings—(a) ECG changes—Changes in direction and magnitude of the ECG T-waves occur in approximately 60% of patients treated with Minoxidil. In rare instances a large negative amplitude of the T-wave may encroach upon the S-T segment, but the S-T segment is not independently altered. These changes usually disappear with continuance of treatment and revert to the pretreatment state if Minoxidil is discontinued. No symptoms have been associated with these changes, nor have there been alterations in blood cell counts or in plasma enzyme concentrations that would suggest myocardial damage. Long-term treatment of patients manifesting such changes has provided no evidence of deteriorating cardiac function. At present the changes appear to be nonspecific and without identifiable clinical significance. (b)—Effects of hemodilution–hematocrit, hemoglobin and erythrocyte count usually fall about 7% initially and then recover to pretreatment levels. (c) Other—Alkaline phosphatase increased varyingly without other evidence of liver or bone abnormality. Serum creatinine increased an average of 6% and BUN slightly more, but later declined to pretreatment levels.
Top

Pretty scary. heart problems... not really something it seems I'd wanna mess with.
 

JWM

Senior Member
Reaction score
3
Hmmm...no one has mentioned that the good doctor has an initial $500 consultation fee in order to get his special serum.
 

Nene

Senior Member
Reaction score
9
C'mon now. He slams finasteride and in the same breath wants to sell his own product! In western medicine all we have is rogaine and finasteride, and for him to go trying to sell this stuff like it is an actual cure just makes him seem like a big quack to me. PLUS, if his area of expertise isn't male pattern baldness, that is further reason to ignore him.
 

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
0
Ive been on topical finasteride for about three weeks....and I am all done with it....I felt awesome the whole summer and into the fall and the past two weeks I have never been so depressed in my life...like the worst feeling in the world...It is NOT all in my head and until I came into here today I was unaware that this was a side effect...worst anxiety ever its messing with my life....I will stick to Nizoral and my 2% topical spironolactone
 

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
0
Nene said:
C'mon now. He slams finasteride and in the same breath wants to sell his own product! In western medicine all we have is rogaine and finasteride, and for him to go trying to sell this stuff like it is an actual cure just makes him seem like a big quack to me. PLUS, if his area of expertise isn't male pattern baldness, that is further reason to ignore him.

I don't see how hes a quack when we all now a lot of men are having serious issues even after coming off the drug.


Ill slam finasteride all day long and Im not selling any products....

Obviously hes trying to make money, what do you think Merk is doing?

If he has a consultation costing 500 dollars, then his bad he isnt going to sell dick

But spironolactone + Nizoral does in fact seem like the best alternatives to finasteride, and I use them both now.
 

Nene

Senior Member
Reaction score
9
Dblbass128 said:
Nene said:
C'mon now. He slams finasteride and in the same breath wants to sell his own product! In western medicine all we have is rogaine and finasteride, and for him to go trying to sell this stuff like it is an actual cure just makes him seem like a big quack to me. PLUS, if his area of expertise isn't male pattern baldness, that is further reason to ignore him.

I don't see how hes a quack when we all now a lot of men are having serious issues even after coming off the drug.


Ill slam finasteride all day long and Im not selling any products....

Obviously hes trying to make money, what do you think Merk is doing?

If he has a consultation costing 500 dollars, then his bad he isnt going to sell dick

But spironolactone + Nizoral does in fact seem like the best alternatives to finasteride, and I use them both now.

I think you missed my point. I'm not denying that people have side effects on finasteride. I would applaud the man for looking out for people on finasteride and blowing the whistle on Merck, but he has a clear ulterior motive for slamming finasteride. He wants to sell his own product and doesn't care about people on finasteride, and that's pretty clear. He goes on to say his product "stops hair loss," like it's is some miracle drug. That should really make you stop and think. There is nothing that "stops hairloss," or none of us would be on this site. Would a responsible, ethical doctor really go and claim to have the cure for hair loss when we all know there is no such thing? A doctor knows how science works, and he/she should know that before they go making such grandiose statements they better have some studies done by reputable sources to back it up. And trust me, no such studies exists. THAT is why he is a quack, NOT because he said that people are experiencing side effects.
 
Top