Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok Neil Ferguson, tell me more about how we're all going to die from corona because you have such a great understanding about data, but no understanding of what the data represents.
LMAO THATS YOU! Its so funny its not funny. You literally said “black people filtered on IQ and Money earn the most in the US”. When you had no idea of how that data was collected nor an understanding of your covariates. Having IQ as a predictor of Intelligence is piss poor when your response is earning income. Adhere here though: the only bad data is the one in which you don’t understand. Whatever... last message I write to you about this topic. Go stick ya head in bleach.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you cant cure it... lol. You can treat it to a degree in which it is not a problem or apparent and if thats what you mean by cure then yea sure Ill buy in. It is just very misleading to say cure and at the same time have babies that are born that are predisposed to baldness and have them start losing their hair... until they hop on TREATMENTS. If it were cured they would never lose it in the first place. Again, Im not here to knit pick definitions and tell you you’re wrong, just trying to have logical conversations with people that’ll like to stick to speaking on things in which they have some sort of knowledge about.
Wait so how do YOU define a cure? people are also genetically prone to cancer, but still researchers trying to 'cure' cancer. Whatever it means, it's still semantic again, if we talk practical for a minute - if there is a pill you take once in your life you call it a cure and if there is a pill you take everyday you call it a treatment? If so, then I dont see why this cure is impossible to achieve. of course the pill only prevent future hairloss, follicles that died wont grow back, but I think everybody will agree it is a real 'cure'. just transplant more hair wherever you need (and try to take that pill soon as possible..)

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
of course the pill only prevent future hairloss, follicles that died wont grow back, but I think everybody will agree it is a real 'cure'. just transplant more hair wherever you need (and try to take that pill soon as possible..)

Why's growing new follicles out of the question?

Events-and-key-regulators-during-hair-follicle-morphogenesis-DC-dermal-condensate-DP.png

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait so how do YOU define a cure? people are also genetically prone to cancer, but still researchers trying to 'cure' cancer. Whatever it means, it's still semantic again, if we talk practical for a minute - if there is a pill you take once in your life you call it a cure and if there is a pill you take everyday you call it a treatment? If so, then I dont see why this cure is impossible to achieve. of course the pill only prevent future hairloss, follicles that died wont grow back, but I think everybody will agree it is a real 'cure'. just transplant more hair wherever you need (and try to take that pill soon as possible..)
Great post. Actually constructive. So yea Im not an expert on definitions in relation to medicine but indeed if there was a pill you take once then this is a cure moreso than a pill you must take everyday which to me would be considered a treatment. I draw this distinction as if there was 1 pill you take once and thats it then technically you never have to worry about that issue and you’re indeed cured. Whereas if I continue to take the same pill everyday then I am treating my condition... I am not yet cured as if I stopped my treatment the condition will occur again.

I also think an important distinction when classifying a cure is to make sure that it doesn’t interfere with the rest of your body/functions. I know this is very subjective... sorry but without this condition a cure already exists. I believe males that are castrated do not go bald. So if you want to keep your hair, chop your balls off and boom you’re “cured”.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing that I regret from taking finasteride is that I can't donate blood anymore. It is an hormonal treatment and it may affect a pregnant woman for example.

Now, I read a bunch of comments about how hair gets women for you and how finasteride will give you a limp dick. Apparently there is a choice: you may be a lone bald for the rest of your life with a hard rock erection or you may have hair and a limp dick, but be socially accepted and sleep with lots of women.

While some men are stuck with those two options, other men are happily taking their daily pill, brushing their hair and having occasional erections. Some men accepted that fact they are bald and moved on with their lives while others used this opportunity to improve themselves. There are many options available.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing that I regret from taking finasteride is that I can't donate blood anymore. It is an hormonal treatment and it may affect a pregnant woman for example.

Now, I read a bunch of comments about how hair gets women for you and how finasteride will give you a limp dick. Apparently there is a choice: you may be a lone bald for the rest of your life with a hard rock erection or you may have hair and a limp dick, but be socially accepted and sleep with lots of women.

While some men are stuck with those two options, other men are happily taking their daily pill, brushing their hair and having occasional erections. Some men accepted that fact they are bald and moved on with their lives while others used this opportunity to improve themselves. There are many options available.
You can also get a hair system. Or slow down/maintain your hair with other things besides fina and fill out the rest with a transplant.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also get a hair system. Or slow down/maintain your hair with other things besides fina and fill out the rest with a transplant.

This man knows.

That being said, hair systems are marely a temporary solution.
it doesn't have much impact on your social life as much as it does on your dating/sex life.
I don't thibk anyone has ever lost friends from going bald, but if you're a single man being bald is a serious limiting factor in the dating scene.

It would be an interesting experiment to set up two Tinder account with the same guy, one with hair and the other without.
i'm willing to bet that the bald one would barely get 1/10th of the hairy one.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if it's possible to maintain besides pharmaceutical antiandrogens if you have somewhat aggressive balding. (Not time-wise but pattern-wise)

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool threat, i hereby predict that the years it will take for it to get better is at all times equal to the number of pages on this threat.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the heck is taking follica so long?
The answer is the same for all these new "promising"treatments: they are not getting satisfactory results. Probably not beating decades old medicine like minor and fina

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
The answer is the same for all these new "promising"treatments: they are not getting satisfactory results. Probably not beating decades old medicine like minor and fina
Your probably correct. But personally I feel they fail to recognize that many people do not use the current approved treatments not due to lack of efficacy for some, but due to intolerable sides. I for one, responded well hair wise to both but the sides were intolerable. I would honestly be content with a treatment that has half the efficacy of either minoxidil or finasteride with no side effects.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your probably correct. But personally I feel they fail to recognize that many people do not use the current approved treatments not due to lack of efficacy for some, but due to intolerable sides. I for one, responded well hair wise to both but the sides were intolerable. I would honestly be content with a treatment that has half the efficacy of either minoxidil or finasteride with no side effects.
Fair point.

Me, OTOH, have no sides with minoxidil or fina, but they didn't improve jack sh*t my hair situation either so...

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CURE is a strong word. Honestly? I don't have hopes. We don't even understand the patterns. We don't even know what exactly makes your folicles more sensible to DHT besides the "uh genetics".

I won't happen in our life time. I just wanted something it the least possible side effects and kinda certain, like several other medicine.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
CURE is a strong word. Honestly? I don't have hopes. We don't even understand the patterns. We don't even know what exactly makes your folicles more sensible to DHT besides the "uh genetics".

I won't happen in our life time. I just wanted something it the least possible side effects and kinda certain, like several other medicine.
Most are realistic in that a cure is probably not in our lifetime. Stop with the asian scientist that are gonna save us all. Been hearing that for way to long. Just want a side free treatment that works. I feel scientists now have a significant amount t of hair knowledge to make a new effective treatment. I've been reading about effective studies for many years, studies that showed results. How many more years of studies do I have to read before they actually put something on store shelves? I'm all studied out.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't represent a lucrative market for them.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not saying I am almighty knowledge. But whoever thinks it will take 40+ years for something better... cmon now. 40+ years ago they were rubbing cow sh*t on their heads.

If I had to absolutely guess... no longer than 20 years.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for hair cloning? to get full head of hair? only 20 years?
Idk if its going to be hair cloning but for a full head of hair for >80% of candidates... certainly.

If you showed anyone in 2000 Dr. Zarev’s results from today they’d think you’re absolutely crazy. That already is a method for a full head of hair... you just need good and thick donor (most of us don't have). I don’t see why a full head of hair for the majority of men who choose so wouldn’t be available in 20 years, given the growth in awareness hairloss has been receiving.

>40+ years for something better than minoxidil or finasteride is absurd.