Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In another thread the top experts here (including @That Guy ) agreed that it is highly unlikely something will actually come out (be released as a product) in less than 5-10 years. So sit and wait.
Actually a lot of people think they will be out in less than 5 years. The problem extends to initial costs and availability.

I, for one, believe there's treatments that exist and are far superior to what we have on the market. But it will take a while until they clear all the rules and regulations, market the product, and have it widely available to the egghead community.

Michel F. II

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 30 now... in a decade I will be 40, in two decades 50... 50 stands for being grandpa...

Why are you lying?
Du bist nicht 30. Vielleict 50.

You are right. We've been provided with no facts yet, but there are several teams working in the hair loss field. And that's unprecedented.
Unless you remember times in the past when there were more scientific teams working on the matter.
If so, please, let me know.

Ich habe im Grieche gegessen. Die Essen sind Ok, aber in Griechenland sind sie leckerer, :cool:.

Michel F. II

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In another thread the top experts here (including @That Guy ) agreed that it is highly unlikely something will actually come out (be released as a product) in less than 5-10 years. So sit and wait.
What's an expert?
Who's an expert in here?
There are no experts, pal.
Just people with higher intelligence and an optimistic outlook.
In the past, I was accused of being a pessimist, like Bimmler is being right now. Nevertheless, the "optimist experts" seem to be the ones who have changed their minds.
When I kept saying that, even if somebody manages to create new hair via iPS cells before 2020, it would take some time, aka years, to make the treatment available to the masses, those "experts" loved attacking me and calling me a troll.
When I said Brotzu is some snake oil, I was accused of trolling.
And unfortunately, thus far, it seems that I'm the one who got it right.
Note, I claim being no f#cking expert.
Moreover, I want a new treatment to come out soon as much as you do.
But it won't most probably.
I'm so sorry!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Small corrections:

I do think something will come out in the next few years, depending on its capabilities and individual situations, it could even be a functional cure for many — but when I say this, I don't mean hair cloning.

However, while I also think that legitimate hair multiplication and bio-printing could reasonably be achieved before long and Tsuji could perhaps meet their 2020 timeline, it's also extraordinarily unlikely that most will be able to afford it or even be able to receive it and this is all based on their words; not mine. Other teams developing that technology aren't nearly as far along as Riken.

Based on that, and how long it's taken other cosmetic technologies like Lasik to drop in price and become a routine procedure, I'd say that somewhere between 5 - 15 years post release is a reasonable estimate before the average Joe could get it done.

We know that Shiseido's treatment will have at least the efficacy of stopping hairloss (presently observed to be indefinitely) with some regrowth and it should be out either next year or 2019 given the Japanese laws and their current trial status.

We can also know that, given the scientific precedence and Puretech's willingness to pour money over a decade now to put Follica through Phase III soon, that it must grow more hair than what one would typically see from conventional treatments — it has to in order to justify its funding and release, and there is no reason to believe it couldn't.

If it didn't, they would have shelved it by now. Wounding neo-genesis and cellular injections are, as far as I'm concerned, the practical hope before I'd be like 40 years old. There are a couple of wildcards out there, but I'm not putting much faith in them.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I kept saying that, even if somebody manages to create new hair via iPS cells before 2020, it would take some time, aka years, to make the treatment available to the masses, those "experts" loved attacking me and calling me a troll.

See this is why people always keep attacking you, because at least half of what you say at any given time is blatantly incorrect — it's not "if" they create new hair, because that's already been done via non-iPS cells no less.

Also, what you said (time and again) back then is that there was no way that they could have the treatment out in 2020, but that is also false given the Japanese regulations and also their current status still being on target one year later.

When I said Brotzu is some snake oil, I was accused of trolling.

and you are

Because FIDIA, a perfectly legitimate and long-running pharmaceutical company is presently trialing it and have made absolutely no promises or bold claims about it. If it works, they will release it — if not, then they won't.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small corrections:

I do think something will come out in the next few years, depending on its capabilities and individual situations, it could even be a functional cure for many — but when I say this, I don't mean hair cloning.

However, while I also think that legitimate hair multiplication and bio-printing could reasonably be achieved before long and Tsuji could perhaps meet their 2020 timeline, it's also extraordinarily unlikely that most will be able to afford it or even be able to receive it and this is all based on their words; not mine. Other teams developing that technology aren't nearly as far along as Riken.

Based on that, and how long it's taken other cosmetic technologies like Lasik to drop in price and become a routine procedure, I'd say that somewhere between 5 - 15 years post release is a reasonable estimate before the average Joe could get it done.

We know that Shiseido's treatment will have at least the efficacy of stopping hairloss (presently observed to be indefinitely) with some regrowth and it should be out either next year or 2019 given the Japanese laws and their current trial status.

We can also know that, given the scientific precedence and Puretech's willingness to pour money over a decade now to put Follica through Phase III soon, that it must grow more hair than what one would typically see from conventional treatments — it has to in order to justify its funding and release, and there is no reason to believe it couldn't.

If it didn't, they would have shelved it by now. Wounding neo-genesis and cellular injections are, as far as I'm concerned, the practical hope before I'd be like 40 years old. There are a couple of wildcards out there, but I'm not putting much faith in them.
I will hold you to that.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And what are they?
Main one that comes to mind is Replicel. Their phase 1 trial (which isn't even directed at maximizing efficacy) shows increased density after 24 months without side effects. This company alone already shows immunity to DHT without sacrificing your d***. Compared to the shite we currently have on the market this is miles superior.

H

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170710-003532.png
    Screenshot_20170710-003532.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 266

Michel F. II

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
See this is why people always keep attacking you, because at least half of what you say at any given time is blatantly incorrect — it's not "if" they create new hair, because that's already been done via non-iPS cells no less.

Also, what you said (time and again) back then is that there was no way that they could have the treatment out in 2020, but that is also false given the Japanese regulations and also their current status still being on target one year later.

and you are

Because FIDIA, a perfectly legitimate and long-running pharmaceutical company is presently trialing it and have made absolutely no promises or bold claims about it. If it works, they will release it — if not, then they won't.
I have no intention of engaging myself in any conversation with you.
Please, just ignore me. It can be mutual.
Thank you.

H

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this lately Lasik really hasn't dropped in price that much though I don't think. I definately think it will be a little spendy and it will take some time to become wide spread but the price I don't think will drop drastically in the following years. With a little luck and that in mind maybe it will start off expensive but be reasonably attainable price wise, however getting it to the states and over the globe so that trip to Japan doesn't pull you further into debt ya uh well...f***.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What facts?
These are not facts, but mostly rumors, hypes, exaggerations...

Shiseido (4th largest cosmetic company in the world, not some scrappy little bio-tech startup) is the company that is bringing it to market, not Replicel. At least initially. Since you are "doing a doctorate in bio-tech", you should be familiar with the Japanese laws that allow drugs and treatments to be brought to market without a phase III trial as long as safety and efficacy have been proven in/during the phase II trial. Replicel has already proven safety (and efficacy to a significant extent). Shiseido started their Phase II last year and as long as they can replicate Replicel's results (and hopefully improve), they are on track to bring it to market Q3 2018. So about 1 year from now.

These are facts. Shiseido, world's 4th largest cosmetic company, is doing the phase II trial. All they have to do is repeat what replicel has already done w/ phase I and they will be able to bring it to market 2nd half of 2018. They don't have to do a phase III trial because of the laws in Japan.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All the irony that our lives represent can be seen in the results of the poll. Fuckin five years, haha, I can't even.

That's only because the OP made the shortest time frame in the poll 5 years. This was intentional on his part. His attempt at being clever.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone saw the movie Unbroken? Or read the book? (The book was better, no surprise.) It's about an American fighter pilot in WWII who gets shot down in the Pacific. He and a few of his copilots are left floating in the ocean, and to stave off boredom and encroaching hunger they engage in fantasy food conversations, taking turns describing meals they will eat when they are "rescued." Spoiler alert, instead of being rescued by the Allies they are discovered by Japanese pilots, who first rain bullets down on all of them, then capture them.

Anyway, that's what the forums remind me of. We are all dreaming up utterly fantastical narratives about halting, growth, and reversal, trading ever elaborate dreams and riffing off one another's fantasia, when the truth is we are completely adrift in ever worsening conditions and the only hope is an obvious mirage we think we can see in the five year™ future. I'm going to write a screenplay about it, only mine is gonna be called Broken lol.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone saw the movie Unbroken? Or read the book? (The book was better, no surprise.) It's about an American fighter pilot in WWII who gets shot down in the Pacific. He and a few of his copilots are left floating in the ocean, and to stave off boredom and encroaching hunger they engage in fantasy food conversations, taking turns describing meals they will eat when they are "rescued." Spoiler alert, instead of being rescued by the Allies they are discovered by Japanese pilots, who first rain bullets down on all of them, then capture them.

Anyway, that's what the forums remind me of. We are all dreaming up utterly fantastical narratives about halting, growth, and reversal, trading ever elaborate dreams and riffing off one another's fantasia, when the truth is we are completely adrift in ever worsening conditions and the only hope is an obvious mirage we think we can see in the five year™ future. I'm going to write a screenplay about it, only mine is gonna be called Broken lol.
Yeah I read the book. Do you by any chance remember that there were 3 guys on the raft? Do you remember that Louie and Phil were the positive ones while Mac was negative and hopeless? Do you think it's a coincidence that Mac declined significantly faster and died, whereas Louie and Phil lived on? Well that's what these forums remind ME of. The negative cocksuckers like you can go f*** off.

And your quote earlier: "there is nothing at all concrete to say that a treatment/cure is close. It's devastating and heartbreaking"
^Couldn't be more f*****g wrong. Tsuji's news in the past year is absolutely groundbreaking so it's apparent there isn't much of a brain behind your big, negative mouth. If you're so hopeless, then get the f*** off the forum and go get a life. Don't drag everyone else down while you wallow in your own misery and self-pity.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Yeah I read the book. Do you by any chance remember that there were 3 guys on the raft? Do you remember that Louie and Phil were the positive ones while Mac was negative and hopeless? Do you think it's a coincidence that Mac declined significantly faster and died, whereas Louie and Phil lived on? Well that's what these forums remind ME of. The negative cocksuckers like you can go f*** off.

And your quote earlier: "there is nothing at all concrete to say that a treatment/cure is close. It's devastating and heartbreaking"
^Couldn't be more f*****g wrong. Tsuji's news in the past year is absolutely groundbreaking so it's apparent there isn't much of a brain behind your big, negative mouth. If you're so hopeless, then get the f*** off the forum and go get a life. Don't drag everyone else down while you wallow in your own misery and self-pity.

Yes of course I think its a coincidence that Mac didn't survive!! I'm not a devotee of The Secret ffs, I don't believe our thoughts can will outcomes into being. If I did I would tape a Norwood 1 filled vision board up in my bedroom and pray to it hourly.

The burden of proof/evidence is on those who claim that the status quo is changing. I.e. - the "positive" ones. Why do you think that people fall for snake oil scams - having a ~ positive attitude ~ is all well and good, but the scam is a scam no matter. While Tsuji is exciting or a breakthrough - there isn't much evidence that the breakthrough is going to translate into an acceptable cosmetic solution anytime soon.

Bimmler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's wrong in HairLossTalk.com with creepy Nameless on the other thread and this Bimmler c*** in here?
Nameless believes that he will be immortal within the next 5 years.
I believe that an improved hair loss treatment will be here in approx. 30 years.

Who's more realistic and grounded?

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes of course I think its a coincidence that Mac didn't survive!! I'm not a devotee of The Secret ffs, I don't believe our thoughts can will outcomes into being. If I did I would tape a Norwood 1 filled vision board up in my bedroom and pray to it hourly.

The burden of proof/evidence is on those who claim that the status quo is changing. I.e. - the "positive" ones. Why do you think that people fall for snake oil scams - having a ~ positive attitude ~ is all well and good, but the scam is a scam no matter. While Tsuji is exciting or a breakthrough - there isn't much evidence that the breakthrough is going to translate into an acceptable cosmetic solution anytime soon.
Trust me.... I'm not arguing that you can positively think your way to a NW1 lmfao. And the fact that you actually spent half your argument trying to rebute that point tells me something. It was a metaphor, genius.

And Jesus f*****g christ, there's a difference between being positive and being a gullible f*****g idiot. The two are actually mutually exclusive, you nimrod. Tsuji is the only player that I have significantly high hopes for. I am extremely skeptical about the vast majority of treatments and have never tried to waste my time on any snake oils. However, you don't see good news when it's right in front of your face. That's the difference.

And this: "there isn't much evidence that the breakthrough is going to translate into an acceptable cosmetic solution anytime soon"

Have you read their f*****g interview? Have you seen the thread where admin asked for an update and they mentioned they are still on track for a 2020 release? You are either just blowing smoke up peoples asses because you haven't done your own research or you just choose to ignore very important signs of progress when it's right in front of your face.

If you're really just so negative, then getting your hair back won't make you much happier. You have bigger issues to figure out.