Donald Trump Uses Finasteride, His Personal Physician Since 1980 Says

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that's what a few studies have shown. And it could make more sense as your body makes less testosterone and DHT when your past age 35 or so.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What has trump contributed to a cure? Nothing so that is what he deserves. He easily could have given millions to fund male pattern baldness research, and he never did so he must not care that much because he never did anything. Millions to him would be unnoticeable.

I meant if a promising near-hair loss cure came out, as president he would be behind speeding up the process of that treatment. And I mean with him having so much money, it wouldn't bother him at all to pay what ever price for the cure. I didn't mean that Trump has so much money that he would fund a possible hair loss cure but I can see how it could've been confused as that.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bs, that is not true. It probably works for life as in slowing it down. But it does not become more effective with time. It doesn't even make any sense.

It makes perfect sense. If you look at the time lines for peak effectiveness for dutasteride and 1 mg finasteride, dutasteride reaches full tissue saturation at 6 months where as finasteride takes about 1.5 years. That means it takes about 1.5 years to reach full saturation(5AR inhibition) in target tissues (hair follicles). DHT and 5AR operate off a feed foward mechanism, the more DHT present, the more 5AR is made and vice versa. Once your cells replace themselves after full tissue saturation is reached, the new cells would have almost no DHT exposure.

The 10 year finasteride study shows that your results in the first year indicate long term results. Also, T levels decline with age. It's not that Finasteride stops working(it never stops inhibiting 5AR) but rather there are probably other things going on as people age that might allow the androgens that are present to continue the balding process to some extent (diminished thyroid, increasing levels of estrone/estradiol, other stuff i have no idea about...)

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense. If you look at the time lines for peak effectiveness for dutasteride and 1 mg finasteride, dutasteride reaches full tissue saturation at 6 months where as finasteride takes about 1.5 years. That means it takes about 1.5 years to reach full saturation(5AR inhibition) in target tissues (hair follicles). DHT and 5AR operate off a feed foward mechanism, the more DHT present, the more 5AR is made and vice versa. Once your cells replace themselves after full tissue saturation is reached, the new cells would have almost no DHT exposure.

The 10 year finasteride study shows that your results in the first year indicate long term results. Also, T levels decline with age. It's not that Finasteride stops working(it never stops inhibiting 5AR) but rather there are probably other things going on as people age that might allow the androgens that are present to continue the balding process to some extent (diminished thyroid, increasing levels of estrone/estradiol, other stuff i have no idea about...)

Like many others have stated, It's most likely not the DHT that is the issue, It's the sensitivity in the hair follicles. And the hair follicles become more sensitive with time. Finasteride will probably work for a lifetime inhibiting DHT, but it won't stop hair loss forever.
If you are starting to lose your hair past 30 or maybe even your late 20's, finasteride might be enough (most likely not). Together with a hair transplant you are good doe.

The 10 year study doesn't tell us everything. We do not know how old those who participated are, the majority might as well be 30+ with slow hair loss. Most of us on this site started to lose hair in our early 20's and early male pattern baldness is often more aggressive.
Another thing about the study is that it doesn't tell us if anyone dropped out. IRC it doesn't mention it anywhere and I would be surprised if not a single participant dropped out during those 10 years.

With that said, I'm nor trying to trash talk finasteride. It's the best treatment we got (together with dutasteride), but It's also the only one. It's just that I get the feeling that some are trying to convince them self that finasteride is the final solution to their hair loss problems. Instead of telling other guys in the same position to be prepared and start saving for a hair transplant instantly.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have seen with the 10 year study that in the first 5 years (except of course the first 2 years) the most hairs are lost, then it gradually evens out and you lose less and less hair over the 5-10 year period.

You are right that Norwood 1/2 + young are the most hard to 'maintain', but in the studies they were very specifically looking at hair loss and noticed only slight loss.

At least in the Rossi study. The Japanese study is more positive about long term effectiveness but that might be an ethnic difference.

The AVERAGE curve seems to be regrowth for the first two years and then gradual loss on a logarithmic scale which means the loss becomes less over time.

There are people whose hair reacts worse or better of course.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1529-8019.2011.01441.x/abstract

In 21% of cases, the treatment continuation beyond 5 years provided better results. Side effects were referred by 6% of the patients; nevertheless, some of them went on with treatment because of the great results. In our opinion, the result after the first year can help in predicting the effectiveness of the treatment. Its efficacy was not reduced as time goes on; in fact, a big proportion of subjects unchanged after 1 year, improved later on, maintaining a positive trend.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Until very recently, just about no one was putting cells to treat hairloss into serious (clinical) trials, employers couldn't creep your facebook or LinkedIn and not hire you because they don't like your face, Tinder wasn't a thing and all the while we still have society at large coping and saying "It's no big deal" while treating bald people like sh*t in the next breath.

Weird how the selfie-driven society has highlighted a bifurcation between the most common male defect (hair loss) and the most common female (overweight).

"Defected" men have been excluded from this new visual society and are ridiculed if they try to commen on their exclusion.

"Defected" woman have created the "curvy" paradigm of acceptance and those who complain about their inclusion are ridiculed.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
"Defected" men have been excluded from this new visual society and are ridiculed if they try to commen on their exclusion.
"Defected" woman have created the "curvy" paradigm of acceptance and those who complain about their inclusion are ridiculed.

And yet, deep down almost everyone knows it's bollocks. All they've been given is a potential accommodation of self-delusion. It's a placative niche like Jason Statham or Bruce Willis for baldies; something for the betas to cling to.

I don't really want that. In fact, people preaching acceptance and spewing that "everyone-is-beautiful" bs is precisely what's keeping us from getting anywhere. Don't understand how anyone could prefer the comfort of lies to an actual treatment.

You can't blame people for finding ugly things ugly. Putting others down deliberately, however, is a dick move.

The real problem is that our hypocritical society doesn't offer bald(ing) people the means of overcoming that ugliness if it's important enough to them.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Defective women may have created the curvy paradigm, but it's not really helping.

A lot of women describe themselves as being a "BBW" -- a big beautiful woman. I just move on.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In case some of you are wondering why the cure will most likely come from Asia:

http://mengnews.joins.com/view.aspx?aId=3029107

In Korea, no job if you're bald, that's how bad it is.

This isn't even funny at all, it's actually quite sad and embarrassing, yet I laughed reading that because it sounds like a hurtful comedy skit tbh. What's worse is if you really think about it, society would probably love to treat bald/less attractive people like this. Korea just has the balls to pull a dick move like that.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its f*****g sh*t lol, we are f*****g subhumans :|

Thank you europe for such thing which is TOLERANCE <3 <3 :) In few years korea will annouce hunger games where only bald people gonna get caught to arena and the only weapon avaiable will be f*****g combat boots, and spectators will scream the front of the screen bullshits like

- kick him in the back of forehead!!! IN THE BALD FOREHEAD!!!

:| ?

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back to what @inham123 was saying about finasteride being more effective with time. I screen-shotted the graph below from the Rossi 10 year study. It backs the claim that finasteride is effective with time.

-3 = significantly worse than baseline (before treatment)
-2 = moderately worse that baseline
-1 = slightly worse than baseline
0 = unchanged but improved
1 = slightly improved from baseline
2 = moderately improved from baseline
3 = significantly improved from baseline

-3 (1 person), -2 (2 people), and -1 (5 people) have the same number of people at 5 and 10 years of treatment.
0 decreased from 61 people at 5 years to 49 people at 10 years, but it was only because more people moved to 1,2, or 3 with more improvements:
1 increased from 30 people at 5 years to 32 people at 10 years.
2 increased from 9 people at 5 years to 15 people at 10 years.
3 increased from 5 people at 5 years to 9 people at 10 years.

Furthermore, 93% (105/113) of men were unchanged or improved after 10 years of treatment.

upload_2017-2-23_23-57-33.png

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too bad we dont have guys like tom brady embracing baldness! Just think, if popular guys like that, who are still considered good looking even without hair, just shaved their heads then baldness would be more acceptable!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fred , may i ask you at what age your father lost his hair ? it was also an aggressive hairloss ?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's illegal for doctor's to reveal anything medically to the public. Very illegal in the U.S.. Not
only will they lose their license to practice medicine, they will probably serve prison time
as well.

Really think that he paid the doctor to say this. Because in his case, it's a transplant gone very,
very bad.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
17, aggressive but classic male pattern baldness, not diffuse like mine.
I have diffuse aswell but after 2 years I still have hair left although significantly diffused (70% density lost). How long did it take you to reach NW5 since I'll be heading there directly

Halapaya_56

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe he would, we would just need to send Dr. Cotsarelis to explain how his method would bring him new hair. Also we now know Trump didn't get sides from finasteride but might have from Minoxidil, he has inverse black circles.

Trump-Fox-998x624.jpg

Why did I laugh reading 'inverse black circles'?