Donald Trump Uses Finasteride, His Personal Physician Since 1980 Says

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trump on finasteride from 1980? i doubt it very much he still is... finasteride doesn't work that long.
Finasteride keeps working until you die, and it becomes more effective for most people the longer you take it.

resu

Reaction score
Finasteride came out in 1992, surely the 80's drug must have been minoxidil 1988 both according to wikipedia.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uh... you sure?

Hey man you seem like an old timer on these forums judging from your sign up date. Are you still on finasteride? If so, how's the hair?

And what @inham123 is saying does line up with the long term studies, so might be factual for most users.

br1

Reaction score
Finasteride keeps working until you die, and it becomes more effective for most people the longer you take it.

He is not on finasteride SINCE 1980! The guy is HIS DOCTOR SINCE 1980.. Geez..

@inham123 - that's what I think happened to me... My hair got better during the years I was on finasteride. It was a SLOW progress.. but it definitely happened, like 7yrs, 10yrs after...

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man you seem like an old timer on these forums judging from your sign up date. Are you still on finasteride? If so, how's the hair?

And what @inham123 is saying does line up with the long term studies, so might be factual for most users.

I've been on finasteride 12 years... I've never had sides from it, and it's definitely helped me maintain. I've noticed over the past year or so that my hair line is starting to break down, and my temples have receded to nw3 territory. I think finasteride is great, but I do think eventually genetics are going to best you, but finasteride slows it. I think that if you're just starting hairloss then you're in a good position, because regardless as to what many of the negative posters in here say, science is substantially closer to making hairloss a memory then they have shown in the past. Countries are making it easier to release which makes the investment lower, and give companies hope of making an idea a reality.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@br1 @thomps1523 it's so weird how people respond differently do finasteride long term. Some people maintain and others get steady regrowth over time.

@thomps1523 do you think your temples are worse than when you started?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
@br1 @thomps1523 it's so weird how people respond differently do finasteride long term. Some people maintain and others get steady regrowth over time.

Yeah for sure, but I started when I was 18, so I think it's a tough task to expect any of the big three to maintain 100% in 12 years. I started before my brothers, and I certainly have the most hair in my family because of it. I really have high hopes in a follica/histogen combo capped off with replicel though. I'm content with a Norwood 2, so if these can bring back a Norwood I'll be happy!

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they work to bring back a Norwood I'll be back to NW0-1! Let's hope. If not, you should get a hair transplant since you have finasteride maintaining the rest of your hair.

resu

Reaction score

Remember that hair loss doesn't progress the same for everyone, some get temple recession at 25 then it stays like that until they hit 55-60, others lose all their hair in a couple of years, others is progressive.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah for sure, but I started when I was 18, so I think it's a tough task to expect any of the big three to maintain 100% in 12 years. I started before my brothers, and I certainly have the most hair in my family because of it. I really have high hopes in a follica/histogen combo capped off with replicel though. I'm content with a Norwood 2, so if these can bring back a Norwood I'll be happy!
Seems like you have some aggressive balding, can you tell me how well you were maintaining the first 2 years, the first 5 and the first 10? Sucks pretty badly dude.

Are you considering Dusteride?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems like you have some aggressive balding, can you tell me how well you were maintaining the first 2 years, the first 5 and the first 10? Sucks pretty badly dude.

Are you considering Dusteride?

Losing a Norwood in 12 years isn't too agressive, I got slight regrowth the first 2 years, maintained for probably 5 years, then it slowly started regressing. I noticed the most shedding happened in the last 2 years, but it was a stressful time too, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@thomps1523 I think he means aggressive because you lost a norwood while on Propecia and who knows, maybe you would have lost 3-4 without it.

What percentage of your hair from 12 years ago would you say you maintained? Would you consider your hair good for your age and thick? I don't like the thought of possibly regressing on Propecia since I've already had great success in the 2.5 years I've been on it. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
@thomps1523 I think he means aggressive because you lost a norwood while on Propecia and who knows, maybe you would have lost 3-4 without it.

What percentage of your hair from 12 years ago would you say you maintained? Would you consider your hair good for your age and thick? I don't like the thought of possibly regressing on Propecia since I've already had great success in the 2.5 years I've been on it. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

I think my family is super vain, my dad was a Norwood 4 at 47, and my oldest brother is creeping on a Norwood 4. Maybe you're right maybe I could've lost a lot, it's just impossible for me to know considering me and my brothers all started using it the same time...
Are you mostly wondering how people typically react to the drug? I do feel like I've maintained really well with it and for 31 my hair is still really thick everywhere by slight thinning on my hairline... I think people starting to hit hairloss will be fine waiting 5 years for a potential cure if they stick to the big three.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Trump is in the side of science, research etc is deluded. A cure would mean very little to him at his age, status and appearance

His ridiculous hairstyle shows he cares about covering his baldness. Since he has so much money, he would jump at the chance at anything near a hair loss cure.

abcdefg

Reaction score
His ridiculous hairstyle shows he cares about covering his baldness. Since he has so much money, he would jump at the chance at anything near a hair loss cure.

What has trump contributed to a cure? Nothing so that is what he deserves. He easily could have given millions to fund male pattern baldness research, and he never did so he must not care that much because he never did anything. Millions to him would be unnoticeable.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What has trump contributed to a cure? Nothing so that is what he deserves. He easily could have given millions to fund male pattern baldness research, and he never did so he must not care that much because he never did anything. Millions to him would be unnoticeable.

I mean this in as friendly tone as possible:

What have you contributed to the cure? What have any of us really contributed? I certainly don't have the spare change lying around to make any meaningful contribution to fund a startup.

I've seen this said about Trump and Musk on the internet numerous times and while it's true these guys could fund these operations, these guys didn't get rich and create brands associated with excellence from being dumb with their money. And before anyone's all "Durr Trump went bankrupt 4 times!" yeah, it's part of being an entrepreneur; happens literally every day. Vince McMahon of WWE went bankrupt a number of times, is worth a lot less than Trump and I don't hear anyone calling him a "failed businessman".

Anyway, my point is: investing in biotech is not Trump (or Musk's) ballgame. The former is primarily a real estate mogul and the latter is electronics and aerospace. I doubt these guys ever saw investing in this worth their time when they were already amassing fortunes in their area of expertise. It takes years to see return and results, if you ever do and is seen as something that just affects old weird guys like your creepy uncle.

It's not surprising that people, even balding billionaires, don't fund hairloss research. Until very recently, just about no one was putting cells to treat hairloss into serious (clinical) trials, employers couldn't creep your facebook or LinkedIn and not hire you because they don't like your face, Tinder wasn't a thing and all the while we still have society at large coping and saying "It's no big deal" while treating bald people like sh*t in the next breath.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean this in as friendly tone as possible:

What have you contributed to the cure? What have any of us really contributed? I certainly don't have the spare change lying around to make any meaningful contribution to fund a startup.

I've seen this said about Trump and Musk on the internet numerous times and while it's true these guys could fund these operations, these guys didn't get rich and create brands associated with excellence from being dumb with their money. And before anyone's all "Durr Trump went bankrupt 4 times!" yeah, it's part of being an entrepreneur; happens literally every day. Vince McMahon of WWE went bankrupt a number of times, is worth a lot less than Trump and I don't hear anyone calling him a "failed businessman".

Anyway, my point is: investing in biotech is not Trump (or Musk's) ballgame. The former is primarily a real estate mogul and the latter is electronics and aerospace. I doubt these guys ever saw investing in this worth their time when they were already amassing fortunes in their area of expertise. It takes years to see return and results, if you ever do and is seen as something that just affects old weird guys like your creepy uncle.

It's not surprising that people, even balding billionaires, don't fund hairloss research. Until very recently, just about no one was putting cells to treat hairloss into serious (clinical) trials, employers couldn't creep your facebook or LinkedIn and not hire you because they don't like your face, Tinder wasn't a thing and all the while we still have society at large coping and saying "It's no big deal" while treating bald people like sh*t in the next breath.

A strong counterargument.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score

Bs, that is not true. It probably works for life as in slowing it down. But it does not become more effective with time. It doesn't even make any sense.