Does your mood shift based on a "bad" hair day?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but didn't you say things were terrible until you had a hair transplant? You must be closer to the 1 year post op by now. Any improvement? What exactly did you get done in the third procedure?
Yeah I looked creepy, if I had to stay bald I would've had no choice but to keep a hat on to get girls, and obviously it would've been harder

Nothing has changed since the last time I showed you my result I think, with the last transplant I got my hairline lowered by 1cm and it changed my life and made dating way easier. Also added a few grafts to the midscalp and crown but those didn't change much cosmetically.

My crown is bald-ly but my girlfriend doesn't seem to care at all. I still want to check how many grafts I got left and look into what I can do with them.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why dont u wear a crown system? It's much much less of a burden and nobody has to tell ever. Much different than a whole system.
My mom used to say my crown looks horrible and kept telling me to transplant hair into that area, but after the bare minimum it doesn't bother her anymore and my friends say it's no big deal and I shouldn't stress it, and my girlfriend doesn't care, so I guess it looks passable enough to leave it alone

But if my barber had those pieces and knew how to put them on and make them blend in perfectly I would probably give it a try. My crown isn't that bad sure I wish it was fuller but it's one of those rare things where being confident actually works.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why dont u wear a crown system? It's much much less of a burden and nobody has to tell ever. Much different than a whole system.

Also holy f*** @DoctorHouse this post of yours, it's like you read my mind when you wrote it. Unbeliavable.

The hair changes are real. Nowdays I've learned how to manage it to some degree and can force those good hair days for a week consecutively.
We all have different routines and do different things with our hair so having a high observational skill is essential. When I wash my hair it's impossible to make it look as good as I like it. By day 3-4 it already looks very nice, thick,straight, shiny... it can stay like that for like 2 weeks or so. I use zero products and use my hair natural so it remains clean, otherwise I could not wait for long to wash it.
Sometimes I also use a hair drier. It gives hair a lot of volume, it doesn't damage ur hair if you know how to use it and takes less than 5 minutes.
pic of crown system? cant find much online, they seem to just shave everything down

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
You already had a transplant, or multiple ones, and you don't consider that an unhealthy strive for perfection with no boundaries.
No because it was all about regaining my natural facial aesthetics and balance, which I have already achieved

I was looking for an effective long term solution that won't require maintenance in the long run and I found it

I'm not into applying minoxidil either (tried that, wasn't for me)

However if someone is unable to remain composed doing self improvement in order to maybe achieve a better quality of life
But I'm telling you it does not affect my quality of life, my girl gets soaking wet for me, people generally think I'm younger than my age, nobody mocks me or anything, I'm good bro.

A hair piece might lead to psychological issues that shouldn't be there.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
These answers have not adressed directly what I said, so that means we're leaving it here. Do what works for you.
How? From the start I already said that if it was easy for me to add a small piece to cover my crown (like if my local barber was doing it) I would give it a try to see if it looks natural enough and doesn't affect my day to day life. But since it requires more effort than that I'm just not into the idea (yet - things can always change).

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also holy f*** @DoctorHouse this post of yours, it's like you read my mind when you wrote it. Unbeliavable.

The hair changes are real. Nowdays I've learned how to manage it to some degree and can force those good hair days for a week consecutively.
We all have different routines and do different things with our hair so having a high observational skill is essential. When I wash my hair it's impossible to make it look as good as I like it. By day 3-4 it already looks very nice, thick,straight, shiny... it can stay like that for like 2 weeks or so. I use zero products and use my hair natural so it remains clean, otherwise I could not wait for long to wash it.
Sometimes I also use a hair drier. It gives hair a lot of volume, it doesn't damage ur hair if you know how to use it and takes less than 5 minutes.

That's BDD and are you the guy with the K Pop type of combover? Probably relate to the ole D0C on that! If anything you should learn to have self awareness and realise what you have, you'll have a better life.
For some reason I get days where my hair looks thin, lifeless, and seems like I lost density in just only a matter of days. My hair looks like crap and the whole day I feel like crap and depressed and the more I look in the mirror the more depressed I become. Then I start to think my treatments are making things worse or not working. Then for some reason, I have days where my hair looks thick, styles easily, and seems like its getting less diffuse looking. These are my happy days and I am in a good mood and feel my treatments are working. For the life of me, I cannot understand how the hair can shift in how it looks from day to day when I use the same routine of shampoo and treatments. I guess the weather must be the most determining factor. Its getting more humid here so I guess humidity makes your hair look like crap. I think I might be happier living in some place with little to no humidity. I think its time to move to Hawaii.

I feel for you and these type of posts recurring. Fact is your hair is decent and more than good enough, it's the BDD that one day makes it feel like you're diffuse Norwood 6 and another time fullhead. Effect of shampoos are minimal. I don't think the hair has changed much based on what you shared, maybe some slight thinning with age as it's fine/medium. The only time I don't think it's just the BDD is the hairline which I do understand the concern over, but you've never given accurate measurements for corners to eyebrows or centre to glabella - so that may also be fine if it's within the boundaries and same on both sides. The density of your hairline seems okay to me.

If you're honest, do you have this? Because it's fine, none of this if I am consuming salt I have it/not due to oedema, or depending on weather shedding or some herbal shampoo! I think if you can accept how things are good or bad it will make it easier for you overall no matter which choice you make.

https://www.hairestorationetwork.co...8-hair-transplant-restoration-surgery-result/

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats even your definition of BDD though? Me observing when and how my hair looks good has nothing to do with mental/psychological issues. I am just objective and práctical. DoctorHouse has seen my bad hair pictures and even himself is shocked, I am not crazy.

I haven't followed your posts much so I could be wrong and I hope I am but I do have experience in healthcare. You've shown serious obsession, turmoil, pain, sadness and loss of objectivity over what is an almost perfect head of hair. The combover down to the eyes also further strengthens that a minor flaw (if any) has been made into something way way bigger. The way you talk about taking care of your hair, almost no girls do that even and that's why you relate to DocHouse's detail and conflicting emotions over minor grooming or hair changes, he has BDD which he'll tell you himself. I never said you're crazy, that's a total different definition medically! Just take care of yourself and don't get lost or be afraid to seek help, all I'm saying. Plenty of shark surgeons out there who will take your money for nothing and you may still feel unhappy.

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're 18? balding at 18?
Nigga I'm 20 years old, in Poland you start elementary school at age of 7, 2001+7=2008.

Also yeah, at 18 I was already thinning, hairline receded before my 17th birthday, now my hair density is like Statham's here
1637085887767.png

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
For some reason I get days where my hair looks thin, lifeless, and seems like I lost density in just only a matter of days. My hair looks like crap and the whole day I feel like crap and depressed and the more I look in the mirror the more depressed I become. Then I start to think my treatments are making things worse or not working. Then for some reason, I have days where my hair looks thick, styles easily, and seems like its getting less diffuse looking. These are my happy days and I am in a good mood and feel my treatments are working. For the life of me, I cannot understand how the hair can shift in how it looks from day to day when I use the same routine of shampoo and treatments. I guess the weather must be the most determining factor. Its getting more humid here so I guess humidity makes your hair look like crap. I think I might be happier living in some place with little to no humidity. I think its time to move to Hawaii.

definitely

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, people start balding at 18? I thought the average was 16. This is very unsettling.
When I was 15, my hairs were clogging the drain. I shrugged my shoulders about it. A few months after turning 16 people were pointing out a bald spot . Again I thought no way probably something else like telogen effluvium or just the way my hair is. I also noticed my hair seemed somewhat more lifeless and I just took a note of it but thought nothing of it.

Once I turn 17 it really picked up and I started diffusing obviously all over. That's when the cancer comments came. I still didn't think it was male pattern baldness though, I thought it was telogen effluvium or something else. I legit did not know it was possible to lose hair under like 30

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was 15, my hairs were clogging the drain. I shrugged my shoulders about it. A few months after turning 16 people were pointing out a bald spot . Again I thought no way probably something else like telogen effluvium or just the way my hair is. I also noticed my hair seemed somewhat more lifeless and I just took a note of it but thought nothing of it.

Once I turn 17 it really picked up and I started diffusing obviously all over. That's when the cancer comments came. I still didn't think it was male pattern baldness though, I thought it was telogen effluvium or something else. I legit did not know it was possible to lose hair under like 30
Something temporary / just the way my hair is.. that's what I was thinking when my balding started being apparent too lol

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, if the situation was like that why didn't your parents ever take you to a doctor? I understand that in no way it would mean you can simply stop your hairloss but it could have been something else and be dealt with. Parents pill strikes again.

I am sorry buddy. You seem very chill I never thought you were even balding at all because most people just lose it lol.

As for me I started balding at 15/16. By 18 had hairline recession, by 19 crown recession according to tricho. But because I had such an insane amount of hair by default, it hasnt been noticeable to the public and I can even fraud very good hair actually. I also never thought this would happen to me... my uncles are Nw7
I did go to a doctor and I did start rogaine like halfway through senior year. I wasn't old enough for propecia and didn't get on it till 19. The rogaine tho helped keep my diffuse hair for a few more years, didn't really get fully bald until 20-21. The propecia I should've gotten on as soon as I turned 18 tho, I just didn't cuz of the fearmongering