Does your mood shift based on a "bad" hair day?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
For some reason I get days where my hair looks thin, lifeless, and seems like I lost density in just only a matter of days. My hair looks like crap and the whole day I feel like crap and depressed and the more I look in the mirror the more depressed I become. Then I start to think my treatments are making things worse or not working. Then for some reason, I have days where my hair looks thick, styles easily, and seems like its getting less diffuse looking. These are my happy days and I am in a good mood and feel my treatments are working. For the life of me, I cannot understand how the hair can shift in how it looks from day to day when I use the same routine of shampoo and treatments. I guess the weather must be the most determining factor. Its getting more humid here so I guess humidity makes your hair look like crap. I think I might be happier living in some place with little to no humidity. I think its time to move to Hawaii.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It definitely used to. On bad hair days, I would feel down and have little confidence. On good hair days, I had confidence. Now with all no hair days (lol) I just feel down all the time and have zero confidence.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HP, consider yourself lucky then because at least you know that you will be in the same mood tomorrow. Tomorrow, I have no idea in my case.

s.a.f

Reaction score
One good thing about being bald, no worrying about sheds and no seeing hair in the sink or on pillows ect. (other than that though) :sobbing:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider myself lucky. At least you do HAVE those good days. I don't remember the last time I felt truly happy. Even when I am doing something I like, my mind is not able to focus because I feel so ugly.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
I wouldn't consider myself lucky. At least you do HAVE those good days. I don't remember the last time I felt truly happy. Even when I am doing something I like, my mind is not able to focus because I feel so ugly.

That’s an issue with you rather than with balding. My dad is a NW7 and he started too bald at 26, badly. But he still kept going, running a successful business for about 30 years. Bring up a family. My mum said it affected him for a while. He didn't notice until he saw a photograph. She said he wore hats for a few months.

The thing that distracted him and made him forget was his work and his family, bringing up kids. If you are living life to the full, eventually you don't have time to worry about hair loss.

Ok, Hatp, new idea. Why not move to a city near where you are now, so you are still close to home but far enough to start a fresh life. Bring your g/f, get a job and if you love her start a family and marry her. Dude, with that going on you will forget about your hair.

A baby hatp will make you forget about your hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back. Well as you know, there are no good hair days for me, but the reason for your mood being determined by your hair is just proof to me that people put an excessive amount of stock into their hair. They read all this extra significance into hair as if it were a physical extension of their souls whereby the quality of your hair is indicative of how good a person you are. Admittedly, hair is a feature that can be manipulated to alter one's appearance, (which might easily be mistaken for identity) but that is just superficial. This is why many people who go bald feel like they have an incomplete soul.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know I do. I mean some people just look better with long straight hair and I was one of them (i don't mean long like a woman's hair). It really made me look 324234234 times better.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
For some reason I get days where my hair looks thin, lifeless, and seems like I lost density in just only a matter of days. My hair looks like crap and the whole day I feel like crap and depressed and the more I look in the mirror the more depressed I become. Then I start to think my treatments are making things worse or not working. Then for some reason, I have days where my hair looks thick, styles easily, and seems like its getting less diffuse looking. These are my happy days and I am in a good mood and feel my treatments are working. For the life of me, I cannot understand how the hair can shift in how it looks from day to day when I use the same routine of shampoo and treatments. I guess the weather must be the most determining factor. Its getting more humid here so I guess humidity makes your hair look like crap. I think I might be happier living in some place with little to no humidity. I think its time to move to Hawaii.

Hey the humidity factor is so true. I spent a few weeks with my brother in california and holy crap man, my hair was wonderful since there is little humidity.

I also have some shitty days when my hair looks thin. I tend to wear a hat or apply a bit of toppik on those days though.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently...I'm drunk...
....we should arrange some meetings...once a year. Sometime in USA and some time in Europe.
It would be interesting seeing all of you guys.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
DoctorHouse said:

Hey the humidity factor is so true. I spent a few weeks with my brother in california and holy crap man, my hair was wonderful since there is little humidity.

I also have some shitty days when my hair looks thin. I tend to wear a hat or apply a bit of toppik on those days though.

Firstly isnt Hawaii very tropical? Its practically on the equator, so I would expect it to be VERY humid there.

I agree about the good hair one day bad hair the next. I find my hair is always best right after I wash it and cake it with a sh*t load of product. Makes it look thicker and fuller than it really is, but its just an illusion.

Ive covred this very topic before actually.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Man.. this is soooo true!!

two weeks ago my hair was looking awesome, i was feeling on top on the world and felt great.. then this past week , my hair has been looking like sh*t!! the whole week i have been feeling down and i know its coz i have no confidence coz my hair looks crap!!

This sucks!!! been on Proscar for about 7weeks now and am being very laid back about not getting obssessed about it kicking in , but COME ON already!! WORK!!!! GRR

This is the battle we face i quess, i was even looking at a hair piece!! just to see if i could get away with it!! but my other half told me to get a grip! :O( .. oh man!!

metalheaddude

Reaction score
albar05 said:
Man.. this is soooo true!!

two weeks ago my hair was looking awesome, i was feeling on top on the world and felt great.. then this past week , my hair has been looking like s***!! the whole week i have been feeling down and i know its coz i have no confidence coz my hair looks crap!!

This sucks!!! been on Proscar for about 7weeks now and am being very laid back about not getting obssessed about it kicking in , but COME ON already!! WORK!!!! GRR

This is the battle we face i quess, i was even looking at a hair piece!! just to see if i could get away with it!! but my other half told me to get a grip! :O( .. oh man!!

Unfortunately it doesnt get any better either. Ive been on Propecia for 5 years now and every month is a roller coaster....

Mostly bad....fewer good.....

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same. I've been looking at these older posts, a habit I picked up from @Descending Dog, to see how things were over a decade ago. Not much has changed. I used to think that online dating made it hard for bald people but actually it was always stigmatized even back then.
It was still hard but I think it was easier when it was more natural to approach women outside

And men in general didn't fully know how to looksmax with gym, haircut, beard, clothes, teeth whitening, etc so I imagine there was less competition if you knew how to do all those things

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was still hard but I think it was easier when it was more natural to approach women outside

And men in general didn't fully know how to looksmax with gym, haircut, beard, clothes, teeth whitening, etc so I imagine there was less competition if you knew how to do all those things
Yeah but didn't you say things were terrible until you had a hair transplant? You must be closer to the 1 year post op by now. Any improvement? What exactly did you get done in the third procedure?