Does Topical finasteride Really Not Go Systematic? Why Do No Big Company Offers Topical finasteride Then?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i see studies quoted

https://www.researchgate.net/public...one_in_healthy_men_with_androgenetic_alopecia

and it looks really good but i always ask myself

what is the reason no company offers some topical solution and makes a ton of money? why do i have to do this at home or pay a ton of money at the pharmacy to get it custom made?

what is the reason?

are topical solutions highly unstabble and thus have to be made fresh everyday? are people on the internet smarter then biotec companies? where is the hook?

are the studies too short?

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
i see studies quoted

https://www.researchgate.net/public...one_in_healthy_men_with_androgenetic_alopecia

and it looks really good but i always ask myself

what is the reason no company offers some topical solution and makes a ton of money? why do i have to do this at home or pay a ton of money at the pharmacy to get it custom made?

what is the reason?

are topical solutions highly unstabble and thus have to be made fresh everyday? are people on the internet smarter then biotec companies? where is the hook?

are the studies too short?

Because for new drug to go to market it has to be superior to current drug. Topical will be worse as most men a happy with taking pill form and don't have any side effects.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything applied to the scalp goes systemic. Once you study scalp vasculature you will understand why. There is not, and never will be, a finasteride formulation that does not enter systemic circulation and cause side effects elsewhere. It is a pipe dream that people would be better off forgetting already.

georgex6

Reaction score
I have used topical finasteride and topical dutasteride many times it doesn’t have side effects but It doesn’t work a lot
Finasteride pill does work very good for me 12 years continued use but with very bad sides depression insomnia sex drive mood etc

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything applied to the scalp goes systemic. Once you study scalp vasculature you will understand why. There is not, and never will be, a finasteride formulation that does not enter systemic circulation and cause side effects elsewhere. It is a pipe dream that people would be better off forgetting already.

what about the studies bro?

like the one i linked

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because for new drug to go to market it has to be superior to current drug. Topical will be worse as most men a happy with taking pill form and don't have any side effects.

finasterid that wouldnt go systematic would be superior the oral finasterid

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
CB is a counter example already

Not really. There are already several reports of people who have experienced hypercortisolism side effects from CB (pounding heart, etc.).

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
what about the studies bro?

like the one i linked

Your study shows that serum DHT was reduced with the liposomal formulation. The ratio of scalp : serum DHT reduced is perhaps more favorable with topical application, but as the study itself says even the 'advanced' liposomal formulation went systemic and reduced serum DHT. There is no magic vehicle that will contain Finasteride to the scalp.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. There are already several reports of people who have experienced hypercortisolism side effects from CB (pounding heart, etc.).

People will report sides on anything. If u follow and believe what others r saying online about treatments and ignore the studies, just shave off your hair, cuz u won’t be able to settle on a treatment without people complaining about each and every treatment. CB is a weaker alternative for finastride with no sides, according to the official studies. So if u still have hair just ignore those complainers and hop on CB for maintenance.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People will report sides on anything. If u follow and believe what others r saying online about treatments and ignore the studies, just shave off your hair, cuz u won’t be able to settle on a treatment without people complaining about each and every treatment. CB is a weaker alternative for finastride with no sides, according to the official studies. So if u still have hair just ignore those complainers and hop on CB for maintenance.

how do i make topical finasterid?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride definitely goes systemic. If it’s a liposomal formulation, less of it goes systemic but side effects are still possible if you suffer from them normally. I got sides from topical finasteride and RU both. CB gives me no sides.

smtbbcn

My Regimen
Reaction score
how do i make topical finasterid?

For a 100ml %0.1 solution
Crush 100mg equal finasteride tablets
Mix it with 70ml etanol, shake and sit for 24 hr, shake well every three hours.
Filter it thru paper filter.
Add 30ml ppg to filtered solution.
Done.

Or you can use minoxil as solvent.
60mg crushed finasteride for 60ml minoxil.
Sit it 24 hr, shake well every three hours.
Filter it and youre done.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride definitely goes systemic. If it’s a liposomal formulation, less of it goes systemic but side effects are still possible if you suffer from them normally. I got sides from topical finasteride and RU both. CB gives me no sides.

Were they as severe as oral finasteride?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're only on CB for a couple of weeks though, or do you instantly notice side effects?
It’s been about a month. I would notice any non-hormonal related side effects pretty quickly, I did with RU within days

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of you don't seem to understand how the body absorbs drugs. Anything that makes contact with your skin for some amount of time will go systematic. Any cream you apply to your skin or scalp will most certainly go systematic.