Documenting My Treatment For The Next Year.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Completed 7 months of treatment, so time for an update. I been feeling a bit shitty about my hair these days, but you know how it is, it comes and goes. An unexpected side of this bit of regrowth I got is that the very weak new hair I got makes me feel balder, if that makes sense. Things are getting better, but they arent perfect yet. I still have some months to go and things to try though!

Anyway, pics:

View attachment 129137

View attachment 129136

View attachment 129135

For some random reason I decided to take a picture of my wet hair after shower, I was pleasantly surprised to see it's not as see-through as it used to be.

View attachment 129138

Is not so bad, huh?

I encourage people who get anxious about their hair getting worse, to take regular pictures. I really helps to put things into perspective, some time your mind can play tricks on you.

Shed:

View attachment 129139

Normal or a bit higher, I'd say. Nothing to worry about.

Sides: none.

I'd love to read your opinions if you have any.

Anyway, see you next month for month 8th update. Have a nice weekend!
The good thing is you can still rock the long hair puled back look. I'm hoping I can do something like that in the next six months, as I just started finasteride a month ago. Here's to hoping.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The good thing is you can still rock the long hair puled back look. I'm hoping I can do something like that in the next six months, as I just started finasteride a month ago. Here's to hoping.

I hope you can, but in my case I think it looks ridiculous. I dont think I should be having long hair anymore, my hair in the front looks "broken" when it's long.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you advise how to apply minoxidil with such length of hair? How do you make sure product gets to the skin and doesnt get stuck in your hair? Also, do you use kirkland liquid or some other form of minoxidil?

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you advise how to apply minoxidil with such length of hair? How do you make sure product gets to the skin and doesnt get stuck in your hair? Also, do you use kirkland liquid or some other form of minoxidil?

Hey man, sorry for not answering, I didn't see the message.
Like I said in the pm, I use an alcohol based minoxidil, and just put drops on my hairline and massage it.
I'm not any kind of expert or anything, I hope I'm doing it correctly, haha.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you are having a nice weekend.

I've completed 8th months of treatment, so 2/3 of the way in.

Here are the pictures for this month:

IMG_20191024_092629.jpg

IMG_20191024_092726.jpg

IMG_20191024_092659.jpg

Shedding:

IMG_20191024_094058894.jpg

Very little. I had a haircut so It might seem less, I don't know.

Sides: None.

No much else to say, really.

We'll see if there's any changes for the 9th month update.

See you!

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If everyone had as much natural hair as you do.. they would have to take the baldness out of forum name...
That said it’s good your paying attention to your hair. Hairloss is a very subtle thing.
Researchers have made many strides.
The main problem men, in particular are having is how to modify their natural biology without causing unwanted side effects.
If you are average male losing the growth, thickness, density etc of your hair, You simply have too much DHT hitting scalp.
Duasteride alone doesn’t do the job as referenced in these forums.. So why not use with Spirolactone. At least get the white cream to topically apply. Taken orally comes in mild 25 mg or stronger 100mg.
Average male could try 50 mg per day to lessen DHT onslaught. Side effects at that dose should be next to nothing. Study of male taking 150mg every day for one year showed test level went from 350 to 35. So despite forum members saying its weak, I would caution otherwise.
Some desperate members take estrogen pills, that is unnecessary and upping odds of unwanted sides. Not worth risk IMO.
Estrogen gels are available to spot apply if needed. In my research estrogen may shrink enlarged pores, add collagen to skin, & is more effective in frontal area of skull/scalp, not apex. Also may reduce the so-called scalp expansion theory. Minoxidil is more effective in back of head.
Sandalore is availability on Amazon is a hair growing olfactory stimulant.
Snail mucins is another thing to consider available Amazon/EBay. When hair is in anagen GROWTH phase follicles are surrounded by mucins.. In catagen, telegenic, exogen mucins disappear.
So we do have options. Sad we have to be our own hair doctors.. Not advising anyone to do anything, but as you know most of remedies are too weak to work,.As you study biology it starts to make some sense.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If everyone had as much natural hair as you do.. they would have to take the baldness out of forum name...
That said it’s good your paying attention to your hair. Hairloss is a very subtle thing.
Researchers have made many strides.
The main problem men, in particular are having is how to modify their natural biology without causing unwanted side effects.
If you are average male losing the growth, thickness, density etc of your hair, You simply have too much DHT hitting scalp.
Duasteride alone doesn’t do the job as referenced in these forums.. So why not use with Spirolactone. At least get the white cream to topically apply. Taken orally comes in mild 25 mg or stronger 100mg.
Average male could try 50 mg per day to lessen DHT onslaught. Side effects at that dose should be next to nothing. Study of male taking 150mg every day for one year showed test level went from 350 to 35. So despite forum members saying its weak, I would caution otherwise.
Some desperate members take estrogen pills, that is unnecessary and upping odds of unwanted sides. Not worth risk IMO.
Estrogen gels are available to spot apply if needed. In my research estrogen may shrink enlarged pores, add collagen to skin, & is more effective in frontal area of skull/scalp, not apex. Also may reduce the so-called scalp expansion theory. Minoxidil is more effective in back of head.
Sandalore is availability on Amazon is a hair growing olfactory stimulant.
Snail mucins is another thing to consider available Amazon/EBay. When hair is in anagen GROWTH phase follicles are surrounded by mucins.. In catagen, telegenic, exogen mucins disappear.
So we do have options. Sad we have to be our own hair doctors.. Not advising anyone to do anything, but as you know most of remedies are too weak to work,.As you study biology it starts to make some sense.

thanks!

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, and also keto shampoo.
tips how you apply liqud through long hair to scalp? how long it takes for liquid minoxidil to evaporate so you can leave your home?

contemplating beggining liquid minoxidil, just now sure how ill handle the applications regularly, specially before work

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I've completed month 9, so time for a quick update.

Pictures:

IMG_20191123_012403.jpg

IMG_20191123_012329.jpg

IMG_20191123_012349.jpg

I think it got a bit better compared to last month.

Shed:

IMG_20191123_013136704.jpg

Normal or a bit higher than normal. Im not worrying, though.

Sides: none.

Have a nice weekend!

See you in a month, around christmas!

Mat1123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks well! I wouldn’t worry too much about hair loss if I was you. I tried finasteride for a few months but it think I was starting to lose my libido! Is hair itching a sign of hair loss?

Mat1123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks well! I wouldn’t worry too much about hair loss if I was you. I tried finasteride for a few months but it think I was starting to lose my libido! Is hair itching a sign of hair loss?
Sorry, i mean is an itchy hairline a sign of hair loss starting to occur?

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Sorry, i mean is an itchy hairline a sign of hair loss starting to occur?

Hey man, thanks! I'm not sure, but some people say so. My head itches sometimes and I have hairloss, so, could be.

tips how you apply liqud through long hair to scalp? how long it takes for liquid minoxidil to evaporate so you can leave your home?

contemplating beggining liquid minoxidil, just now sure how ill handle the applications regularly, specially before work

Hello. I don't really have tips, I just put it on the best I can and massage it a bit. Obviously some hair gets wet, but nothing you can do about it.
Takes around 10 mins to evaporate. It does leave the hair a bit "hard", but nothing too terrible.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Ive completed month 10 of my treatment. Actually, I've completed it last week, but got lazy to post the pictures. I took them in the correct date though.

(sorry for the lighting changes, one of the lights on the bathroom got broken)

Pics:

IMG_20191223_004515.jpg

IMG_20191223_004431.jpg

IMG_20191223_004458.jpg

Its more or less the same.

Shedding:

IMG_20191221_015410646.jpg

Very little.

Sides: Nope.

Anyway, that's it for this month.

Happy new years and see you on the next update!

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good man. Are you losing any density at the crown or vertex? Looks like your forelock density has improved.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, quick new update.

Month 11th was completed last week, took the pictures but got lazy again to post them.

Here they go.

IMG_20200120_001653.jpg

IMG_20200120_001631.jpg

IMG_20200120_001605.jpg

Shed:

IMG_20200119_021514097.jpg

Normal, I guess.

Sides: None.

By the way, It surprises me how much worse bright lights make it seem. Here are pics that I took the week before, I looks better with other lights.

IMG_20200105_152004283 - copia.jpg

IMG_20200105_152007467 - copia.jpg

I get a bit dissapointed everytime I take the pics with the bright lights and see how it looks, haha. Oh well...

Anyway, next update will be the last! Next month I will have completed a full year with the treatment, it really flew by.

Have a nice weekend!