Documenting My Treatment For The Next Year.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, starting week 23th, so 5 months and a half on treatment.

Pics:

IMG_20190816_012749.jpg

IMG_20190816_012729.jpg

IMG_20190816_012704.jpg

Kinda looks about the same to me, but Im going to wait until the next update to compare the new pics with old ones. At least it doesnt look like Im going to get a miraculous recovery. I still have more than half a year to go, thought.

Shed:

IMG_20190817_022415825.jpg

Normal or a bit higher.

Sides: None.

Have a nice weekend!

Otis James

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are very similar to me mate. lots of Long hair, but thinning at the front a tad! I’m 3 months in, and like you, I’m not seeing much difference, but that’s to be expected. I’ve also had no sides, but an increase in labido! No shedding for me, which makes me question if my body even knows I’m doing anything!

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, man.

Lets wait for a few months, hopefully it'll work out for us!;)

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, hope you are doing well.

Today marks 6 months doing the treatment, halfway what I wanted to document in this thread, so I thought It'd be a good place to make comparisons. I havent check them myself until now, I hope I get surprised. Im going to compare pictures from 1 month into the treatment and today's pictures. I took 1 month pictures for comparison because It's when I started taking similar angles. Lighting is the same, I just have my hair a bit longer now, but not much difference.

Here are the pictures:

Mes 1.jpg Mes 6 (3).jpg Mes 1 (2).jpg Mes 6 (1).jpg Mes 1 (3).jpg Mes 6 (2).jpg

Well, looking at them next to eachother I think the treatment is doing something. I'm very happy. I looks like my hairline has improved a bit, I hope it keeps getting better in the next months.

What do you think? Do you see the difference too?

Shed:

IMG_20190831_021220881.jpg

Very little.

Sides: None.

I'm pretty happy I started the treatment. I havent had any important sides, and Im being very constant with it which apparently is starting to pay off. I wouldn't say it's a success story, but who knows, maybe i'll get lucky with time.

I think I'm going to start updating monthly, since there is very little movement in the thread and also, I can see more difference between one update and another. If you guys dont object, that is.

Please tell me what you think!

Have a nice weekend, see you on the next update!

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The corners are better, starting to meet the temple points. They'll probably stay thin, but it's better than before. Your front looks similar in the pics, but could be a bit better in person. You weren't that bad to begin with, so you had less to get back. I think it's a success thus far.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see good progress on your sides. Anyway 6 months is too early to see a huge difference.

The corners are better, starting to meet the temple points. They'll probably stay thin, but it's better than before. Your front looks similar in the pics, but could be a bit better in person. You weren't that bad to begin with, so you had less to get back. I think it's a success thus far.

Thanks guys! It's nice I'm not the only one that notices it. Let's hope itll get even better the next months.

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate the frequent updates, and to reassure you a bit, I'm a finasteride user for 7 years or so.

No sides really and I don't show up to the forums much anymore. None of us do. I haven't for almost 5 years. Hairloss was a huge problem for me, but now it's not and I have moved on.

I'm functionally cured of hairloss and unless it somehow stops working there's no reason to hang out on hairloss forums. Finasteride basically froze my hair in place, and I strongly believe it does the same for well over 50% of users. Hope it keeps working for ya and try not to worry about it too much.

After a couple years I dropped minoxidil, keto, and any desire to do anything else. finasteride just works that well for a good lucky portion of us. Unfortunately the crazy stigma against finasteride prevents a lot of guys that would also be cured from even trying it. I mean yeah there's a rare chance of side effects as with any medicine, but would you rather risk that or probably lose all your hair? Many guys choose not to try it then spend years on here grasping at straws. I pulled that trigger years ago and regret nothing.

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me. Time will tell, until then don't worry about it. The odds (scientific studies) are far in your favor at this point.

Last edited:

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate the frequent updates, and to reassure you a bit, I'm a finasteride user for 7 years or so.

No sides really and I don't show up to the forums much anymore. None of us do. I haven't for almost 5 years. Hairloss was a huge problem for me, but now it's not and I have moved on.

I'm functionally cured of hairloss and unless it somehow stops working there's no reason to hang out on hairloss forums. Finasteride basically froze my hair in place, and I strongly believe it does the same for well over 50% of users. Hope it keeps working for ya and try not to worry about it too much.

After a couple years I dropped minoxidil, keto, and any desire to do anything else. finasteride just works that well for a good lucky portion of us. Unfortunately the crazy stigma against finasteride prevents a lot of guys that would also be cured from even trying it. I mean yeah there's a rare chance of side effects as with any medicine, but would you rather risk that or probably lose all your hair? Many guys choose not to try it then spend years on here grasping at straws. I pulled that trigger years ago and regret nothing.

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me. Time will tell, until then don't worry about it. The odds (scientific studies) are far in your favor at this point.

Thank you for the kind words! I really do hope it works for me too.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Completed 7 months of treatment, so time for an update. I been feeling a bit shitty about my hair these days, but you know how it is, it comes and goes. An unexpected side of this bit of regrowth I got is that the very weak new hair I got makes me feel balder, if that makes sense. Things are getting better, but they arent perfect yet. I still have some months to go and things to try though!

Anyway, pics:

IMG_20190927_003830.jpg

IMG_20190927_003805.jpg

IMG_20190927_003747.jpg

For some random reason I decided to take a picture of my wet hair after shower, I was pleasantly surprised to see it's not as see-through as it used to be.

IMG_20190927_013350.jpg

Is not so bad, huh?

I encourage people who get anxious about their hair getting worse, to take regular pictures. I really helps to put things into perspective, some time your mind can play tricks on you.

Shed:

IMG_20190927_245119756.jpg

Normal or a bit higher, I'd say. Nothing to worry about.

Sides: none.

I'd love to read your opinions if you have any.

Anyway, see you next month for month 8th update. Have a nice weekend!

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Completed 7 months of treatment, so time for an update. I been feeling a bit shitty about my hair these days, but you know how it is, it comes and goes. An unexpected side of this bit of regrowth I got is that the very weak new hair I got makes me feel balder, if that makes sense. Things are getting better, but they arent perfect yet. I still have some months to go and things to try though!

Anyway, pics:

View attachment 129137

View attachment 129136

View attachment 129135

For some random reason I decided to take a picture of my wet hair after shower, I was pleasantly surprised to see it's not as see-through as it used to be.

View attachment 129138

Is not so bad, huh?

I encourage people who get anxious about their hair getting worse, to take regular pictures. I really helps to put things into perspective, some time your mind can play tricks on you.

Shed:

View attachment 129139

Normal or a bit higher, I'd say. Nothing to worry about.

Sides: none.

I'd love to read your opinions if you have any.

Anyway, see you next month for month 8th update. Have a nice weekend!

How often do you wash your hair?

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every day. Why? Does it look dirty?
Nah, I've just asked because of the amount of shed. I used to wash my hair every day and was scared about the shedding, so I stretched to every other day and then every two days. I guess it's much better this way. Have you ever considered doing this? Stretching washes

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done that, washing less, but it makes my head itchy and it doesnt look good either.

Also I seem to shed more if my hair is dirtier.

Do you think I shed more than normal? I think the ammount of hair I shed is nothing to worry about, but maybe Im mistaking.

You can compare the last sheding picture to the one in my first post. Its a lot less now than what it used to be.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done that, washing less, but it makes my head itchy and it doesnt look good either.

Also I seem to shed more if my hair is dirtier.

Do you think I shed more than normal? I think the ammount of hair I shed is nothing to worry about, but maybe Im mistaking.

You can compare the last sheding picture to the one in my first post. Its a lot less now than what it used to be.

Looks fine to me.

This amount may be just an impression since you have a medium-long hair. If you comb it only once a day after the shower you notice ''more'', but actually the strands are clumped together.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks fine to me.

This amount may be just an impression since you have a medium-long hair. If you comb it only once a day after the shower you notice ''more'', but actually the strands are clumped together.

Yeah, I think so too... I'm not worried about the shedding, if anything it decreased after I started taking propecia.