Documentary: Science of Sex Appeal (burden for unaesthetic)

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
EDIT: ah, I see now, they were rated when they were wearing their caps, so they didn't see their hair.
Damn, so no hair makes one go from model looking to just average :whistle:

hahahaha, hilarious! :jump: If he was completely bald he would go from 5.4 to 9 at least. The perfect dark NW1 hair is what´s killing him, definitely! :woot:

EDIT: he looks like an Armani Model, the girls who judged his looks must have been on coke or something. I mean, WTF!!??????

Im not sure if I even qualify for a human being with that fastidious rating. Maybe its time for me to find a new planet to live in. Anyone care to join? :gay:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
superfrankie said:
Im not sure if I even qualify for a human being with that fastidious rating. Maybe its time for me to find a new planet to live in. Anyone care to join? :gay:

ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!! :woot:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Primo said:
http://uktv.co.uk/really/item/aid/626976

I watched this Doctor about a 26yo NW5 sufferer on UK tv the other night.

They got this guy to post two pictures on the Hot or Not website. One with a hairpiece covering his NW5 and giving him a full head of hair again & another pic where he was shaved slick bald.

The hairpiece picture scored 4.2 while the the slick bald picture scored 8.9.

Everyone mocks the shaved look on this forum, but if you go to any girls forum online, the evidence clearly suggests they much prefer this look to a dodgy looking rug or grown out receded, diffused hair, which suggests a man is trying to hide something and implies a lack of confidence and status.

Girls are primarily interested in status, not aesthetic beauty, ugly girls have it a lot worse off than bald men.

Yeah but if I remember correctly the wig photo was miserable looking whilst he was smiling in the bald pic and it could be faked results because whilst the start was showing how negativley it effects people and had plenty of situations proving this like when he applied to be in a band, when people judged his age to be way older than it was and the negative press about Jude Laws hair. Then suddenly the whole end of the show was just like 'yeah theres no need to worry just shave it and life will be wonderful, women dont care at all.' :thumbdown2:

I was disappointed by the ending of that one also SAF. For what started as a head on approach to engaging the relevant issues of baldness in society, it sure ended with a whimper.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
is that that documentary that the guy had professor hair and went into the street asking people how old he was and peoplthought he was 35

but yeah i think i remember that one, and it interviewed good looking girls and asked them if theyd date a bald man and they all said only if he was a millionaire lol

s.a.f

Reaction score
People thought he was 40+. He did look pretty scruffy though but you could tell some of them had absolute disdain for him.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
if it is the documentary i remember yeah that guy looked stupid with a ring on, i kept thinking why doesnt he get rid of the ring lol

i remember watching that mini clip video when i was bald (before i did the wig and was in denial about being slybald @ 22! and being very short, bad teeth etc).

it was very disturbing but it helped me get the wig solution, i might watch it again or download it when the pain of male pattern baldness leaves me and i can look back on the problem and watch the video etc.

i might do that in a few days, right now i can't emmotionally handle it..

thing is if you go into the street you see many 25 year olds with zero hair, morecommon for 35 year olds, it's not like im the only bald 25 year old (actualyl when i was genetically bald)

as far as i remember the guy went sly bald or something.

but yeah that was stupid with the ginger horshoering, his hair condition was really bad in the horshoe, with the silly island at the front

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
if it is the documentary i remember yeah that guy looked stupid with a ring on, i kept thinking why doesnt he get rid of the ring lol

i remember watching that mini clip video when i was bald (before i did the wig and was in denial about being slybald @ 22! and being very short, bad teeth etc).

it was very disturbing but it helped me get the wig solution, i might watch it again or download it when the pain of male pattern baldness leaves me and i can look back on the problem and watch the video etc.

i might do that in a few days, right now i can't emmotionally handle it..

thing is if you go into the street you see many 25 year olds with zero hair, morecommon for 35 year olds, it's not like im the only bald 25 year old (actualyl when i was genetically bald)

as far as i remember the guy went sly bald or something.

but yeah that was stupid with the ginger horshoering, his hair condition was really bad in the horshoe, with the silly island at the front

Oh? But at least he was keeping it real ala Larry David and not being a compensator.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah that is true

but the beard compensator is doing two things

1. hiding his horshoe
2. compensating wiht the beard

so that's two levels of insecurity, afraid to be truly bald.

its liek rob halford, he has 4 levels of insecurity

1. frees himself of the horshoe to cultive a fashion statment (insecure)
2. is a shades negator (insecure)
3. a beard compensator (insecure)
4. hat prisoner - sometimes

so if you see a guy with likely a horshoe ring andd gets rid of it, puts a had,shade/beard thing going he's very insecure!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:

1. hiding his horshoe How does having a beard hide baldness, technically? Oh, look below, nevermind.

To be fair HPM, we are all a bit insecure, right?

Attachments

• c11501.jpg
    c11501.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 179

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
yeah that is true

1. hiding his horshoe

its liek rob halford, he has 4 levels of insecurity

1. frees himself of the horshoe to cultive a fashion statment (insecure)
2. is a shades negator (insecure)
3. a beard compensator (insecure)
4. hat prisoner - sometimes

so if you see a guy with likely a horshoe ring andd gets rid of it, puts a had,shade/beard thing going he's very insecure!

but i'd say the most insecure of all surely has to be the hairpiece compensator, who is too insecure to even attempt rocking his natural look and so instead resorts to glueing artificial hair to his head each month, in much the same style as Beyonce or Naomi Campbell. :puke:

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
lol hairpiece compensator

no its called the toupey guy

you dot compensate by creating the illusion of hair.

liek the combover guy

he is MINIMISING the DISPLAY of baldness

beards are COMPENSATING for the lack of hair on top

wigs COVER the lack of hair.

its more of a "operation cover up" than a compensator thing.

triplethreat

Reaction score
I didnt mean where can i watch the Doctor 'the science of sex appeal'

i meant where can i watch that documentary called ' i hate my bald head'...i seen a 12min clip and i liked it..anyone know where to watch full thing??? :)

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah perhaps but the 7 or so metal (note thats metal, not mainstream rock or pop etc.) musicans who are bald haven't seemed to make an impact on a guy who is bald in the real world.

when i shaved bald in early 20s no one was saying to me

"yeah cool like rob halford rock on"
or girls were NOT saying

"oh yeah billy corgan he is bald that is soo cool i think EVERY GUY should get rid of all their hair entirely, what a bright idea!"

i really think these very small amount of metal musicains who are bald don't help much at all, maybe if bono lost his toupey and went sly then THAT would be a big deal.

but yeah, its pretty nuts these guys aren't in wigs, espeically stipe and halford, there big lead singers and obviously would be bettter off with hair.

as far as corgan, draiman, scott ian, kerry king, satch is concerned, its different for them becuase they either look ok or have beards and made it a style with shades or are appealing to a guitar crowd only.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
When you are bald, every attempt you make to look good is your attempt to compensate for your baldness. I grow out my beard cause I cant withstand the naked feeling of having no hair at all (it makes me more masculine looking and less cancer looking) and I get fit since a small or fat baldie equals "the end". Its just the way it is. We all have to accept it.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
actualyl there a lot of cover up wig people in rock/metal.

you thnk halford and a few other are THE ONLY bald guys in metal, come on.

some are even obvious hat prisoners, ala fred durst, tom morello.

can u image fred durst with a horshoe ring in his trendy rap metal american metal band?

i dont think so,

i realse taht the few that do show a head are trying to make male pattern baldness into a "trendy" style with 1. zero hair, 2. shades, some wierd dress code or what have you.

but honestly id rather they just wore a hair system liek other people are doing than have this shades and zero hair look.

it's not like i walk around bald and people assoicate me with corgan or halford, i have never had that, for some reason it doesnt have the same affect for a common guy.

but corgan and stipe are cool, they dont do anything like shades, but still..i dont' know....the whole shades thing is a stage persona only,, you can't interact with people with shades on, i have never seen a bald guy on the street like joe satriani is on stage, it looks really wierd, and it doesnt work 24/7 socailly, i beleive satch himself drops the shades off stage and puts a hat on, sounds like he has a wierd double persona of hat prisoner socially and shades negator stage presence, its; really wierd, i just wish we didnt loose any hair or that these 7 musicians got a hair system or that hair systems were notrmal or something,

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I found my first drivers license the other day. That is me at 21. And that's not a mullet in the back it's just the shadow.

You had very nice hair. And very simetrical forehead.
But your overall look cant be rated as 8/10 on that pic.
To much of eyes/eyebrows, chin and ears disproportion.
But 6.5-7/10.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
gascoigne said:
uncomfortable man said:
I found my first drivers license the other day. That is me at 21. And that's not a mullet in the back it's just the shadow.

You had very nice hair. And very simetrical forehead.
But your overall look cant be rated as 8/10 on that pic.
To much of eyes/eyebrows, chin and ears disproportion.
But 6.5-7/10.

Bought a Rockstar today. It cost $2.17. I had ten dollars. I got seven dollars and 84 cents back.

barcafan

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

dude thats some nice locks you had. I wish i had that kind of hair at 21, i was pretty much on the cusp of nw3. it looks thick as hell too, weird that it went so fast