Documentary: Science of Sex Appeal (burden for unaesthetic)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6nBS-K ... r_embedded

Other parts linked on youtube.

I get depressed. Just because my testosterone levels were low during puberty, over which I had no control, and hence since I dont look like an alpha male, am bald (again no control), I am not considered a desirable man unless I make a ton of money.

My voice is girly, eyebrows are super thin, non-symmetrical face, and finally no hair on head :woot: :sobbing:

I am very competitive, worked by butt off to do well in school and beat my peers in engineering.

All for nothing.

Anyone note that the guys they use in their tests are all non-bald? And is it just me or are all the guys more than average attractive?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The hairline itself is one of the lines of that golden ratio mentioned in the video. Without it, everything is thrown off balance which explains why aesthetically speaking baldness is so off-putting. Visually, baldness is the only thing wrong with me. Otherwise I would be very handsome... somewhere in the mid to high 8 (using their scale) if I had hair. Depressing to think what I could have been without this curse.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yep, there you go we are nothing but another species of animal driven by evolution.
And yet society in general fails to recognise or accept this.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
does the video mention anything of the impact of male pattern baldness, and whether it throws off facial symetry alot like in the examples.

i only watched the first video.

becuase im guessing that its iffy, i mean michael stipes baldness, vs vin diesels baldness, vs michael jordans (ok hes black) baldneess is very different.

i would say its hard to find a consistancy in baldness, it depends on how the guy looks, andre agassi is actually good looking in the face to handle baldness to a socially acceptable level (say a 5) + hes tall, but for a guy who is a 5 with a full mame and the only thing holding him together is his hair which ALOT of people are (and hes losing it at 20) and hes short then he's going to plummet down to a 2 FAST (say at age 25-30)

T

TravisB

That's kind of sad that they don't include bald men in researches like this. They treat bald men like they don't exist, or are another human species. However I'm quite sure that nearly 100% of women, when they would show them photos of the same guy, one with hair, and one bald, they would choose hairy guy as more attractive. The only possibility they would choose a bald guy, would be when he would be really good looking bald guy with masculine face, and on the other photo would be a lot worse looking hairy guy. That's sad but it's reality.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
what's the point, the main mating age is 19-40, and only maybe 5% of men are REALLY bald at that age.

and in 100 years time there will be no more bald man with a cure.

but f*** yeah it seems soo freakin bad, i guess they dont want to show men with no hair in this selection, becuase yeah it would totally destroy attraction 10 fold for them easily i mean even bruce willis bald at 45 looks just PLAIN and OK, i can only imagine i pretty low attraction in a man maybe a 4 with hair being like him.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The hairline itself is one of the lines of that golden ratio mentioned in the video. Without it, everything is thrown off balance which explains why aesthetically speaking baldness is so off-putting.

Generally this is true. No question. Aesthetically speaking. There is no other thing than baldness that can possibly make you go from very attractive to unattractive (expect from losing your face in an accident, terrible scar acne etc).

uncomfortable man said:
Visually, baldness is the only thing wrong with me. Otherwise I would be very handsome... somewhere in the mid to high 8 (using their scale) if I had hair. Depressing to think what I could have been without this curse.

I dont doubt that UCMAN! I feel the same and it sucks to know that you arent able to radiate that without hair. But seriously, I think you are being too harsh to yourself. If you were very handsome with hair you cant look like sh*t bald. I mean, you have a masculine face which def. fits the bald shaved look. You should be thankful for at least that, it could have been worse. There are so many people who look like sh*t bald (mostly because they were average looking in the first place). Consider yourself lucky.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i agree, there is not one think i can imagine to a guy in his 20s/30s that would make him extremely less attractive other than baldness.

but then again when i look at a typical bald guy i dont see a man who looks like his face is lost in a accident or that he has a horrific scar, i think people are just exagerating LOL.

but mostly i just see guys in 20s/30s who look like there in there 40s and look like 3/4/5s when in actual fact they should have been 7s/8s/9s.

so basically a lot of the time if a guy is bald at 25 he tends to look like the worst 40 year old, either a generally unatractive 40 year old or a 40 year old with baldness.

BUT then again i see some people like jordan ruddess actually look better with no hair

examples

jordan-rudess.jpg

and

jordan-rudess.jpg

this clearly shows that jordan is looking kick *** in his 40s , yet is looking pretty nerdy in his 20s/30s.

im not sure how hes doing it, becuase he seems like an average looking guy who would be destroyed with baldness.

its really hard to estimate, sometimes people jsut look the same bald, or better than long horrible hair, but i think jordan just looks best with a close cut shave or bald over long hair, becuase he has the face for it.

i look best with long hair in my wig, becuase i can disguise my average lookinf face with a full head of great looking hair so i look really good in my 20s30s40s etc.

T

TravisB

They do not even take BALDING man, let alone bald. Every time they take guys with ZERO hair problems. No thinning, no recession (NW2 at worst). Everyone are like perfect Hollywood guys. And that is how stereoptype of "bald/losing hair=ugly, hair=sexy" is created in media.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
true BUT...

baldness is NOT NATURAL, its not as if someone with hair is perfect, that is natural.

a cure will be here soon, and when there is, its not as if people will be saying men with hair are all holywood stars just becuase they have hair (which is natural)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:

Someone call Weird Al Yankovic, we found his long lost brother.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The hairline itself is one of the lines of that golden ratio mentioned in the video. Without it, everything is thrown off balance which explains why aesthetically speaking baldness is so off-putting.

I never thought of it that way...maybe thats why beards look good on bald men, they fix the ratio

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
uncomfortable man said:

I never thought of it that way...maybe thats why beards look good on bald men, they fix the ratio

WALA MUTHER f****r!!!

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes that is something peopel do to negate the lack of crown.

earings help to.

i've seen andre agassi as a NW4 beard compensator w/ rings llol.

still claims to have accepted his baldness, its more like he accepted his lack of crown and tried to compensate to hell for it (entire face and top to NW4 pattern)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I found my first drivers license the other day. That is me at 21. And that's not a mullet in the back it's just the shadow.

Attachments

• DSC01924.JPG
    DSC01924.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 286

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
and when were you bald?

also your natural hair looks like ben afflecks hairpiece :p

cuebald

Reaction score
haha man that's some awesome hair UCman. you can really tell the difference it makes. for example it's no wonder people who know you with hair end up walking right past you if you've just shaved it off. it can make you look like someone else.

T

TravisB

Wow UCman, that was a ton of hair on your scalp, I doupt I had ever got that much hair. If I saw you with that hair I would never say you will go bald in the future. How old are you now?

BTW it's good to have that thick eyebrows when you're bald. You don't look like a chemo patient.

triplethreat

Reaction score
jeezz... wuda never thought a guy with hair like that would go bald so young. i guess you cant beat genes. Looking well shaved though

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, i cant believe that's you man :shock: you looked great there, you still look good no doubt but its different. i can relate