Do you guys agree with this list

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
The list is pretty much spot on...

I wouldn't even think of dating a girl shorter than 5'6", ideally I'd go for 5'8". The way she talks is also important, I dont like uneducated sounding girls. I speak a few languages, I have to admit that I make the occasional mistake in every single language I speak, but that's understandable.

However, I don't mind colour, ginger hair, and names.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just more evidence that we live in a shallow judgmental society still filled with ignorance and prejudice. All you need to do is just scroll down and read the comments to understand just how stupid and insensitive people can really be.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Difference between short men and bald men in about... 75~80% is that short men can be percieved as 'cute' over baldness. While baldness never realy comes of as 'cute' in anyway (as I said 75~80% of the time). I'd trade my height (about 6'1 I think- not sure am not familiar with these metrics) for a full head of hair till my 50th any day of the week. But that could be me...

Am watching the colorism video now though. Was always a big hater of discrimination, discrimination is the worst thing in the world ever.

Oh, and I came across this in the meanwhile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Iv-ilZ ... dded#at=63

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
CaptainForehead said:
Exodus2011 said:
5 foot 6 here and losing hair.

lol guess i''m f***ed

Buddy of HPM?
yep :)

unless you are actually a slick NW5 @ 23 you are not me.

likely you are a 20 yr old with hairloss that no one is even noticing, whereas when i was 22 i went completely sly, as in FULLY BALD.

and it was in the UK where the weather is sh*t and cold all the time.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Just more evidence that we live in a shallow judgmental society still filled with ignorance and prejudice. All you need to do is just scroll down and read the comments to understand just how stupid and insensitive people can really be.

I dont see it as shallow, it's about being selective. I don't think there is anything wrong with being selective.

My parents worked hard to nurture us. I worked hard for the position I am in, it didn't come on a silver plate. If I ever have kids, I'll work my *** off to nurture them as well.

I know there are some certain traits that can't be nurtured, ie being ginger, colour, baldness, etc and I wouldnt particularly discriminate against those traits. IMO, being short is half nature and half nurture, it's not all about genetics.

90-95% of fat people have only themselves to blame. How is that being shallow?

Most ppl that can't put a sentence together are either born into a lazy family or are lazy themselves.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
but we can;t help but feel how we feel about certain traits in people.

i remember someone in the club last week, this guy must have been 5 2, now i cant help but feel superior to him ( i was 5 8 at the time with lifts), and also any other guy 5 8 or over cant help but feel far better than him and also feel "sorry" for him, its evolutionary calibrated for a 6 foot tall man to feel "better" than a 5 2 man simply because he is more powerful/stronger and men judge each other on power and social status and height is a big part of that evolutionary trait.

human beings are still programmed to feel emotion from our anciestrial times, statistically speaking the shorter man has almost always lost out against taller men, this is not just women, but in terms or general social interaction. he almsot always gets 60% the respect hed get if he were 5 8.

UCMan surely you must look at a 5 5 guy and feel far better than him? can you help this, the answer is no.

and dont pretend you dont feel that way, becuase you can't help but feel that way, and you also feel sorry for him and dont want to be him etc.

he also would get less respect from you than say versus a 6 2 man, simply because he is too short.

so yes UCMan, we are all shallow, but somethings we cant help

baldness is iffy becuase arguably men aren't suppose to care if they look pleasing or not, but height is almost a 100% negative.

for baldness i hardly cared or noticed bald people before i lost my hair, but now i understand their plight, social stigma/discrimation of losing your hair in your youth is HIGH on the list for things for men to avoid, its like a social plague of some kind, in fact i cant think of any one thing that can happen to a guy that he would want to avoid as a number 1 thing, at least for dating, and for turnign up to meet your 20 something friends but your BALDING, very bad situation.

thankfully i was able to hide in my shaving, but if i waswnt shaving people would see my balding pattern pretty strong.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 6' and I do not feel superior to shorter men. I also don't feel envious of taller men.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
6'1 here, no I don't feel superior to shorter people. Most of my friends are shorter, or have been shorter than me since young age. Hair is different though.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
6'1 here, no I don't feel superior to shorter people.

But short people feel a bit insecure next to you. You have been conditioned to see small people.
Its amazing how much difference height can make.
Anyone watch "The Mentalist". They have this guy Chow who works out, is portrayed as a badass character, wears half sleeves to show his arms, but isnt that tall. His colleague is a bit of a softie, but is 6'4. Usually they dont stand together, the tall guy seems like he could kick Chows *** because of his bigger frame.

A few weeks ago Hugh Jackman was on Conan. When he went to shake Conan's hand, it seemed like Conan was bigger, not just taller! Conan bigger than freaking wolverine.

A guest also mentioned that on tv Conan looks skinny, but in real life he looks like he could kick some serious ***.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
virtuality said:
uncomfortable man said:

I dont see it as shallow, it's about being selective. I don't think there is anything wrong with being selective. If we were just talking about choosing a life partner to bear your children with then that would be one thing but we aren't. Social descrimination in the form of less jobs for less pay. Above all else being the way people treat you or mistreat you because of your affliction, genetic or not it does not make a difference. None of those ten categories are good enough excuses to treat someone like a sub-human piece of sh*t yet it happens every day. People hide behind the term selective or preference unaware most of the time that that preference is strongly informed by social/cultural standards. Wake up, we are brainwashed to think this way!

My parents worked hard to nurture us. I worked hard for the position I am in, it didn't come on a silver plate. If I ever have kids, I'll work my *** off to nurture them as well.
that's good for you and great for your kids but what does that have to do with the article?

I know there are some certain traits that can't be nurtured, ie being ginger, colour, baldness, etc and I wouldnt particularly discriminate against those traits. IMO, being short is half nature and half nurture, it's not all about genetics.
WTF?! Why can't you nurture a ginger child or a black child or even a bald child? Are they not deserving of love? And what the hell do you mean by height being half nurture and nature? Maybe if an otherwise would-be tall guy started lifting weights and downing energy drinks from the age of six then yeah, he will stunt his growth... but most guys who are short are so because of their genetics, just like bald guys just like anybody else. Yes, it is almost all about genetics buddy and I find the fact that you think otherwise to be disturbingly uninformed.

90-95% of fat people have only themselves to blame. How is that being shallow?
It's shallow when you make fun of them.

Most ppl that can't put a sentence together are either born into a lazy family or are lazy themselves.
There are these things called learning disabilities and yes it is yet another genetic gift. It has nothing to do with being lazy. God dammed you are ignorant!

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah people don't realise that baldness and height issues for men are pretty bad social discrimation wise.

people always talk about just girls being a problem.

but id rather walk this earth with a full head of hair up to the age of 60, and be say 5 10, and have a minor sex life.]

than be a 5 3 horshoering bald guy at 20 with a greater sex life, because facing the world with those two social disablities is pretty darn high.

for reference i am 5 4.5 and if it was the 80s id be a horshoering guy at 23.

i was able to disguise my pattern with shaving at 22

now that's pretty darn harse if ti were the 80s etc.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
After re reading part of your post virtuality, I understand what you meant by can't be nurtured. You meant that those traits are determined by nature, ie. genetics. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part about that segment. I stick to my guns about the rest of it though.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
deadlocks said:
6'1 here, no I don't feel superior to shorter people.

But short people feel a bit insecure next to you. You have been conditioned to see small people.
Its amazing how much difference height can make.
Anyone watch "The Mentalist". They have this guy Chow who works out, is portrayed as a badass character, wears half sleeves to show his arms, but isnt that tall. His colleague is a bit of a softie, but is 6'4. Usually they dont stand together, the tall guy seems like he could kick Chows *** because of his bigger frame.

A few weeks ago Hugh Jackman was on Conan. When he went to shake Conan's hand, it seemed like Conan was bigger, not just taller! Conan bigger than freaking wolverine.

A guest also mentioned that on tv Conan looks skinny, but in real life he looks like he could kick some serious ***.

No they don't. If anything they'll look up to my hairloss even more and / or try to detect it. Or at least those are my experiences. It's all about self-confidence with height I'd say. One of these guys who does this to me is rather small, but he's a boxer so he'd probably still kick my *** even though I work out. He's a NW3 himself as well just as me.

But let's just say that I'd be a lot, and I say, a LOT more confident if I where just a small guy instead of a balding guy.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
deadlocks said:
But let's just say that I'd be a lot, and I say, a LOT more confident if I where just a small guy instead of a balding guy.

No you wouldn't. You just don't know what it is like to be short. Baldness may just lower your attractivness, but short stature lowers your masculinity.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
deadlocks said:

No you wouldn't. You just don't know what it is like to be short. Baldness may just lower your attractivness, but short stature lowers your masculinity.

+1 :punk:

Thats why women date bald guys but rarely ever date guys shorter than them.

seb

Reaction score
If you are short,you have more chances with women than if you are bald.Think about it,bald is UGLY,being short is just small.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
agreed, just go for short girls or work on your personalty on avg height girls.

bald(ing) you are doomed.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
deadlocks said:

Baldness wouldn't just lower my attractiveness, it would lower and at this very moment IS lowering my self confidence beneath redemption. I think it's the self confidence, not the height, that makes the man. Besides, I walk with my shoulders down and head low most of the time. Hardly looks manly.

I'd rather just be short with good hair (that lasts) yes please.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
There is tall, and then there is freakish tall.
Tall is good (6'4 is the limit) after that freak territory.
6'2 is ideal.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Being tall isn't always such a good thing. For example, I have an uncle who is 6 feet 8 inches tall. BUT he is super skinny (like 165 lbs, which is very skinny for his height). He is 49 years old this year, and he has NEVER had a girlfried or even been on a date! The guy has been a complete "0" with women his entire life. He lived with his parents his whole life and finally moved out for the first time in his life about 2 years ago, at 47 years old!

His whole life he has walked with his head drooped over and his shoulders slouched. He has had to buy special clothes his whole life, most of which there was no such thing as "Big and Tall" clothing stores. Because of this, and the fact that he spent mosst of his adult life when there was no internet, he has been condemned to wearing VERY nerdy clothes all through his 20's and all through his 30's.

His whole life people have stared at him for being so skinny and tall; like he was some kind of 'freak' or something. This is something I can totally relate to, as a result of my hair transplants that made me look worse overall than better.

My uncle = ultra hardcore nerd

It is no big mystery why NO women have never had any interest in the poor guy. I would feel sorry for him, but I have myself to feel sorry for since my life is almost as bad as his. But, my life has had its good times (more bad than good)when I was younger; unlike my uncle whose life has been a 100% downer his entire life.

So those of you short guys out there think that being tall is everything. Think again!

The grass only looks greener from the other side of the fence; it rarely ever is.

This just makes me sad man.