Did You Acknowledge Hairloss Right Away Or Did You Live In Denial/delusion For A While?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know what you mean - when I was a teenager i learned quickly what the subtle glances meant. Women don't make eye contact with guys they don't like - they just don't. To them, making eye contact for longer than necessary is inviting a guy to approach, so when they are not interested their eye contact is minimal unless required (such as for work, and even then it is minimal).

You have to learn to read the cues - the subtle glances as they walk past and the microscopic changes to their smile as your eyes lock. Now some women are truly mysterious - on occasion, a few women whom i suspected had truly no interest in me ended up being quite interested - i simply did not read their behavior correctly.

There is a particular pattern of gaze that can indicate extreme interest/infatuation from a girl (and i suspect probably from men as well); if you find yourself talking to a girl and her eyes drift around your face while regularly reverting back to eye contact, she is basically inspecting you for flaws - if this goes on for a while, and especially if she is smiling, then it is basically a guarantee she is interested.

I'm quite fascinated by behavioral patterns - if you learn how to observe carefully you can get pretty close to reading someone's mind.

Just to flip the whole thing on it's head, an early experience of mine that turned into one of the more serious relationships of my life, was a girl who I kissed once (but we were both involved with other people), and for months after in our group of friends I was sure we were constantly exchanging a lot of eye contact, y'know even when other people are talking etc.

I thought it was at least very obvious I liked her, and I thought she was somewhat reciprocating this. But nope, it turns out she didn't even notice I liked her, that was a surprise, she thought it was just a kiss, and even though she liked me she said she wasn't at all trying to give that impression (and obviously I was sure she was).

This is more rare and outside of the typical sphere of what we know, but it shows how unpredictable people can be in their body language. This was practically all over the place both in representation and interpretation.

I propose we nominate @h.l. and @macaroni as official wordsmiths of the forum.

If Hemingway and Fitzgerald had been balding, they would have exchanged similar letters!

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
rankmyphotos site is bullshit. Angles, filters, photoshop left and right. People should have to use their passport photo, a profile shot, and have their height listed from the passport.

Even with all that it isn't accurate, because they can't see you in motion in real life. But, the average photo there doesn't come close to accurate rating of anyones looks.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
rankmyphotos site is bullshit. Angles, filters, photoshop left and right. People should have to use their passport photo, a profile shot, and have their height listed from the passport.

Even with all that it isn't accurate, because they can't see you in motion in real life. But, the average photo there doesn't come close to accurate rating of anyones looks.

All of those issues apply to tinder and Facebook.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

It is true that people can look better/worse in photo's. In general, with no trickery, you can get a good guess to someones attractiveness though.

I've had both girls who've looked better and girls who've looked worse than their Tinder photos. Mostly I can tell when their photo's are filled with trickery and downplay my expectations.

But anyway a site like that might give a rough estimate but I wouldn't take their numbers as a good actual rating. Although I just glanced at it.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't base your or others attractiveness only on fraud pictures. Especially in this day and age. Most people are red pilled about their own flaws and shoot pictures that downplay them. A professional photo with good lighting, angle, photoshop can bump you up multiple points.

That's why I said everyone should be on the same playing field, passport photo with height listed on the passport. No frauds.

Just look at this "sexiest men on Tinder". Can't hide behind filters, angles, lighting and photoshop here. Awkward!

shookwun

Reaction score

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is true that people can look better/worse in photo's. In general, with no trickery, you can get a good guess to someones attractiveness though.

I've had both girls who've looked better and girls who've looked worse than their Tinder photos. Mostly I can tell when their photo's are filled with trickery and downplay my expectations.

But anyway a site like that might give a rough estimate but I wouldn't take their numbers as a good actual rating. Although I just glanced at it.

Seen girls who at a night club look really hot.

Then, when the lights go on..... time to get my sleep mask on!