Did You Acknowledge Hairloss Right Away Or Did You Live In Denial/delusion For A While?

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still remember the moment vividly, that I realized I was losing my hair but I did for a number of years try to sweep it under the carpet and pretend it didn't effect me, which in long wrong run I think has messed me up even more then had I set up a game plan all those years ago. I would most definitely be able to afford a transplant or have a decent amount in the bank for a cure, instead I tried to paper over the cracks.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The stages:

1. Guess my hair's always been like this...?
2. Must be a mature hairline....?
3. f***

Yes I went through this

At one point it was suggested to me that mane n tail shampoo and conditioner would "thicken up hair", and I went and bought some thinking it might solve my situation :D:D:D

Took me a bit to fully acknowledge I am indeed among the cursed

Embrace the few options we have, or embrace your inevitable fate

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can recall it vividly too.

I used to have a lion's mane; never gave hair loss a thought for a second.

One or two mates pointed out my thinning on a night out and I was mortified.

It became more difficult to style If I remember. You ignore it for a while and then you realise you're fucked and the panic sets in. I've recovered quite well and maintained with treatment.

One of those mates is now bald as a pool ball :p

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I acknowledged it early, but I didn't bother worrying about it because I had other concerns at the time.

I think I noticed in my early to mid 20s, so I started receding early. But I was more concerned with my career, my weight, and my social life, all were in crisis.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once your hairline had receeded back to the island NW3/4 pattern it's pretty much over. I read a quote on here awhile ago someone said "balding is natures way of telling you that your skirt chasing days are over"

Savage but true.
what were you doing all these days?
been off lately:rolleyes:

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
>I just have a big forehead, it's always been this way.

>Ok it's worse than it was, but it's just maturing.

>Ok I'm losing a lot of hair, maybe it's some fixable problem.

>f***, I have Androgenetic Alopecia, f*** the only medication is a hormone blocker, f*** it save my hair at all costs.

>No erection for weeks, f***.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
>I just have a big forehead, it's always been this way.

>Ok it's worse than it was, but it's just maturing.

>Ok I'm losing a lot of hair, maybe it's some fixable problem.

>f***, I have Androgenetic Alopecia, f*** the only medication is a hormone blocker, f*** it save my hair at all costs.

>No erection for weeks, f***.

How's your regime working?

How many mg/day of saw palmetto do you take?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once your hairline had receeded back to the island NW3/4 pattern it's pretty much over. I read a quote on here awhile ago someone said "balding is natures way of telling you that your skirt chasing days are over"

Savage but true.
lol the BDD god is back to lead us to victory hahaha. How many women have you been with again?

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still remember the moment vividly, that I realized I was losing my hair but I did for a number of years try to sweep it under the carpet and pretend it didn't effect me, which in long wrong run I think has messed me up even more then had I set up a game plan all those years ago. I would most definitely be able to afford a transplant or have a decent amount in the bank for a cure, instead I tried to paper over the cracks.
solution to this-
get a short hair cut and ditch those feelings of insecurities and then, when you reach NW4, go get a good hair transplant.
this misery is a sh*t no doubt in that but we will have to make it easy.
( I call that adaptation - Evolution of mankind:D)

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/780350/hair-loss-treatment-cure-haircut

Working on myself, and all the usual sh*t. Just spent two weeks in Vancouver, nothing to really write home about :D

I think I would look like this guy when i will go bald completely.
baldgood.JPG

@Baldhurts I am pretty sure you can pull off this look by growing some beard. What do you say?
BTW i want your pic in your avatar not the one that you have now.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
solution to this-
get a short hair cut and ditch those feelings of insecurities and then, when you reach NW4, go get a good hair transplant.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/780350/hair-loss-treatment-cure-haircut

View attachment 50608
@Baldhurts I am pretty sure you can pull off this look by growing some beard. What do you say?

Done

shookwun

Reaction score
solution to this-

View attachment 50608
The moby look

great every day look, easy to maintain without a ton of finasteride

Designer stubble
black framed glasses
Horse shoe stubble

moby-003.jpg

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's your regime working?

How many mg/day of saw palmetto do you take?

Right now, really good. NW2.5 to NW2 and all my hair is thicker/healthier feeling than it was pre treatment. Also, instead of going to the barbers because my sides have grown to long, I now go because the top has gotten to long. Like when I was younger. Don't like to put others down, but I've actually gotten multiple positive comments on my hair recently, such a good feeling. Even my mam, who dislikes that I'm treating my baldness (nice woman, just no clue about things like this), has reluctantly told me "your hair is looking nice".

I attribute most of it to minoxidil and realize that it very well might be temporary (all cousins were NW5 before 30). But I take 320mg of Saw Palmetto daily, which has had no affect on libido (although I suspect my libido actually went up the first 2 months on it). I think that, along with nizoral, has also helped me, but I'm not sure how much.

I'm completely happy with my current hair, if I can keep that I will be happy. Dreading getting a second minoxidil shed which many seem to get. I have a massive head and used to shed so much that everyday after work my desk would be covered in hairs. Now there's one or two at max. But I just feel that the day will come that I'm losing that amount again.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
The moby look

great every day look, easy to maintain without a ton of finasteride

Designer stubble
black framed glasses
Horse shoe stubble

moby-003.jpg

shave, tan, tats, gym = badass

BBU

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
solution to this-

View attachment 50608

I can't grow a full thick beard. I'm on finasteride now to try and maintain what hair I have left. Hopefully I don't look like that guy when I'm that age.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't grow a full thick beard. I'm on finasteride now to try and maintain what hair I have left. Hopefully I don't look like that guy when I'm that age.

return of king of volcels

any sides from fina yet?