Did anybody try Laser device with any sort of success?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I was and I will continue on. I will keep using but will most likely use EOD instead of every day.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't forget magic pixie dust sprinkled on your head, that's required for hair follicle nourishment that gives rich and thick growth for healthy shiny hair.
Sadly this happens to be the most scientifically accurate statement of the entire thread...

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
yayomg-finn-magic-wand.gif

two-hope

Reaction score
"FDA approved" translated means that it is safe to use...

Isn't some kind of laser FDA approved?
"FDA approved" - translated means that it is "safe to use"....no mention whether it will actually do anything for your hair... With the esception of what I take internally I wouldn't worry about whether it is FDA approved or not - rather I would ask people who use the thing what it did for them..... good luck with your search..

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll be trying out the iGrow since it did better than the device the Theradome is based off of afaik.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can a mod please delete this thread? This laser crap is a total scam and an insult to every member in the forum.

kigoma

Reaction score
Lasers have grown new body hair in many many people trying to get rid of body hair with laser in the first place! So there is some logic to this, hard as it may seem to believe.

Would I spend $500 or more for a good laser product? Not yet. Do I think there is some benefit to it...possibly. Not an obvious scam as yet in my opinion. The radiation might be impacting the dermal papilla or other cells in some way or other. Or impacting PGD2, or impacting blood flow, or impacting signaling etc...

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Can a mod please delete this thread? This laser crap is a total scam and an insult to every member in the forum.

So I take it that laser therapy has never worked for you. You had to have tried it. You've just about tried everything else.

two-hope

Reaction score
................ This laser crap is a total scam and an insult to every member in the forum.

I definitely don't share your feeling of a "every members insult" - every "NO" is a door shut - you'll never find out what's behind it....hairloss is a choice - and you obviously made piece with it...you shut the LLLT door.....
people know what is a scam - and what is not...

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I take it that laser therapy has never worked for you. You had to have tried it. You've just about tried everything else.
It is total crap I've never seen anyone have any positive results with it and the idiots that think they have are usually on minoxidil aswell lmao

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I could have sworn that somebody posted a clinical trial where the use of LLLT was shown to have some positive effect when it comes to hair loss. Maybe I misunderstood what I read.

two-hope

Reaction score
Here is the overlooked link...with a modest note from Italy not to behave like kids

Now, how about if we go back to discuss specific results.
As a researcher myself (not related to the field of hair loss) I feel we need to focus on the published results.

In the paper http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40257-013-0060-6

what do you think of the reported increase of density? (figure 2-c and 2-d page 122)
It is around 20 hairs/cm^2

thoughts?

You did not missunderstand Notcool, not you - It is in paper above.....
those who ignored it chose to do so - that's all...

There seems to be a link between seniority of members of this Forum and apprehension to LLLT - this does not apply to you of course....btw, any progress with your LLLT device so far?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I'm still using it, but with less frequency. I am using about every other day. I have also grown my hair out a bit, so not sure if this will reduce any benefit I may be getting from it. My crown and temples are still thin so at the very least it should still have some effect on those areas. Nothing noticeable as far as regrowth goes, but at my hairs current length it is really hard to tell.

drfumanchu

Reaction score
Since I read that paper I have been using the 9 laser hairmax model. I got it used from ebay really cheap, for like 50 or 60 euros. Yes, I also use minoxidil, but I have been using it for at least 6 years.

So far I have been using the laser comb for 4 months and i can say that I notice certain improvement, slight but noticeable. So from my part I'll keep using it for at least a year and then evaluate again.

hageman

Reaction score
I have been using theradome helmet for more than a year(end of year 2013)
and still I don't see any good result on may head
or I am having even thinner less hair.

everytime they offer something whatever pills or device "effect tested and proved " "FDA approved" saying like that
contrarily, nobody gets any result including people in this forum.
propecia, minoxidil, laser,,,,all they are false.
I totally suspect FDA proved is nothing but incredibility and false.
though I am not sure how truly it is since I am not an american.

hageman from japan

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
nobody gets any result including people in this forum.

Documented results from laser are definitely lacking, but results from propecia and minoxidil are pretty common.

two-hope

Reaction score
FDA approval gives you the permit to sell a joke - as long as they are safe to use...

I have been using theradome helmet for more than a year(end of year 2013)
and still I don't see any good result on may head
or I am having even thinner less hair.

everytime they offer something whatever pills or device "effect tested and proved " "FDA approved" saying like that
contrarily, nobody gets any result including people in this forum.
I totally suspect FDA proved is nothing but incredibility and false.
though I am not sure how truly it is since I am not an american.

hageman from japan

Your suspicion is correct....FDA approval may be a good thing for pills and what you take internally but in case of LLLT devices it merely certifies the product is: "safe to use". If it is useless that's fine, as long as it is certified by FDA - you pay FDA fee and you can sell a joke. Not bad, is it?
If I bought a $600-$800 theradome or iGrow and got no results I would make sure everybody knows that they are a joke and don't work - and that's pretty much what is happening - your post will be appreciated by many viewers...

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Just because doesn't work for you, doesnt mean it's a scam!

Says the guy who created his account like yesterday to defend lasers. Everyone knows lasers are scams, but there is profit to be made. So modern snake oil salesmen will do anything to say so otherwise.