DHT doesn't effect muscle?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
HGH is a perfect example of a body hormone needed only for puberty, once puberty is done, the body stops naturally producing it.

That is false. Adults have HGH. HGH is produced your entire life as a pulsatile hormone, and it's involved in human metabolism and nutritional digestion. It's responsible for many nutrients entering cells, and when it's elevated it helps the body metabolism white adipose fat and convert it into energy.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is false. Adults have HGH. HGH is produced your entire life as a pulsatile hormone, and it's involved in human metabolism and nutritional digestion. It's responsible for many nutrients entering cells, and when it's elevated it helps the body metabolism white adipose fat and convert it into energy.

Let me correct then, dramatically reduce the dose, DHT levels stays naturally high for a much longer period

"At the age of 30, people have spent most of their lives with fairly high levels of human growth hormone (HGH). HGH is responsible for growth during childhood -- and for the repair and regeneration of human tissue throughout our lives. By the time we reach the age of 30, our HGH levels are only about 20 percent of their peak levels during childhood, and after the age of 30, they continue to decline at about 12 to 15 percent per decade, and often much more. By the time most of us are 30 years old, our bodies no longer produce enough HGH to repair all of the damage that is occurring in our bodies. As our HGH levels continue to decline, the damage that we call aging continues to accelerate"

Could be just the aging process that kicked in, but anyway a useless body hormone, there's no such things

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway 5AR is the best we got, and that's sad in 2017

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say, decreasing dht may have affect on hormones. It depends how androstendion levels will be various and T conversion ways. Me being on finasteride still still have dht in normal range 280ng /dl (250-1000 norms) and estrogen in top range. I feel great :)

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reference range is reference range what to discuss here?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i grew my beard at age 14... there is a thing as too much DHT. People would assume i was in my late or 20s. Considering how some people seem to worry about their 'aesthetics' where they want more DHT and value that hormone over balding, while sub-conciously dying inside about their hair loss (why are u on this site?). Don't force others to support your delusion, its hypocritical as it is saying "I don't give a sh*t about my hair loss and i'd rather have muscle definition", without grasping the slightest of the mechanics behind basic human biology. Ps. Blocking dht will not affect its other functions 'greatly' depending on how much is blocked... T is the main male defining hormone THE MAIN HORMONE that DEFINEs MALE CHARACTERISTIx. A 70-80% blocking of the 5a reductase won't go stopping its other functions which in the first place are meagre, secondly I would pick 20 years of youth over un noticable drawbacks any day... What good is my dick when i hit mid to late 40s the sex drive slowly dies off with age anyway. PS as I said Avodart can possibly increase your T... Btw did you know why men die younger than women (disregarding the accidental deaths ofc)?

Last edited:

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoops... I didn't reply to any post in specific, NVM the previous post.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a side note, finasteride doesn't target DHT, it targets 5-alpha reductase and thus affects a large number of hormones in the skin, in the blood, in the cerebrospinal fluid, etc. From wikipedia:
To prove the safety of finasteride, you need to show that every single one of those hormones is irrelevant long-term.

Hint: That's not happening, almost certainly because it's not the case.

Then why do the vast majority of people including myself experience ZERO side effects after the first month long term? Well over 90%. To suggest you need to prove every single one of these processes individually is relevant is ludicrous when it is a plain fact that most do not experience noticeable changes long term due to finasteride. This could be a cross reaction of multiple processes, it could be individual ones, and not everyones body is likely to react in the same way to the drug itself, or changes in these pathways and hormones.

To test each process individually and deduce a claim from that is nonsensical when clearly these can have substantially different effects on different people. The fact that 95% of people on finasteride don't get side effects tells you far more than individual analysis of those individual process alterations on an individual.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then why do the vast majority of people including myself experience ZERO side effects after the first month long term? Well over 90%. To suggest you need to prove every single one of these processes individually is relevant is ludicrous when it is a plain fact that most do not experience noticeable changes long term due to finasteride. This could be a cross reaction of multiple processes, it could be individual ones, and not everyones body is likely to react in the same way to the drug itself, or changes in these pathways and hormones.

To test each process individually and deduce a claim from that is nonsensical when clearly these can have substantially different effects on different people. The fact that 95% of people on finasteride don't get side effects tells you far more than individual analysis of those individual process alterations on an individual.

Yeah i had ZERO side effects for 10 years, i used to think i was safe too, until they came.For how long are you using this drug ?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i had ZERO side effects for 10 years, i used to think i was safe too, until they came.For how long are you using this drug ?

Further, a lot of people incorrectly believe that they have no side effects, which is a coping mechanism in part.

We had @RhinestoneHLT post here for a while, he didn't even realize that he had side effects until his wife told him that he had stopped grabbing her ***.

On this forum, a plurality of users report side effects.

Further, in general, most people won't notice a 20% decrease in attention span, willpower, or mood. It will look like standard fluctuations. It's why those things need to be tested.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Further, a lot of people incorrectly believe that they have no side effects, which is a coping mechanism in part.

We had @RhinestoneHLT post here for a while, he didn't even realize that he had side effects until his wife told him that he had stopped grabbing her ***.

Further, in general, most people won't notice a 20% decrease in attention span, willpower, or mood. It will look like standard fluctuations. It's why those things need to be tested.

Behavioral changes can be subtle i agree, just like antidepressant therapy, you will be convince that you are yourself, but you are not really.
And brain with time can adjust to pretty much everything.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

"We had @RhinestoneHLT post here for a while, he didn't even realize that he had side effects until his wife told him that he had stopped grabbing her ***. "

Not sure if srsly using that as evidence.

I agree with your point that most won't notice it is occurring if only 20%, the question to the user is if 95% can't notice that 20%, or "cope" to some degree, then is that really reason to reject the conclusions of its usefulness for the general male hairloss sufferer? From the doctors and patients I have talked to that use it, I think accepting that for the average user it has any side effects that will decrease quality of life is a stretch.

And more importantly, clearly these don't have the same effects on each individual.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

1 year. What side effects and how severe? 10 years on the drug would be more than enough for me. If I started to experience them I'd likely ween off it.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year. What side effects and how severe? 10 years on the drug would be more than enough for me. If I started to experience them I'd likely ween off it.

I'm so f*****g tired actually, i got my 7-8 hours of sleep per day, no serious advents in my life, everything is pretty regular, but lack of energy and tiredness + slight ED, my regular bloodwork are perfect, i'll see an endocrin next week.I'm not saying this is 100% finasteride, but i really don't see what else can do this, i'll be fixed in two weeks

Problem is, i can't ween off it, i'll loose all my 10 years saved hair

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so f*****g tired actually, i got my 7-8 hours of sleep per day, no serious advents in my life, everything is pretty regular, but lack of energy and tiredness + slight ED, my regular bloodwork are perfect, i'll see an endocrin next week.I'm not saying this is 100% finasteride, but i really don't see what else can do this, i'll be fixed in two weeks

Problem is, i can't ween off it, i'll loose all my 10 years saved hair

How old are you?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you?

31 and no i don't think i suffer from chronic fatigue, i see where you going to

Chronic fatigue can come from 3 major causes anyway
  • Viral infections. Because some people develop chronic fatigue syndrome after having a viral infection, researchers question whether some viruses might trigger the disorder. Suspicious viruses include Epstein-Barr virus, human herpes virus 6 and mouse leukemia viruses. No conclusive link has yet been found.
  • Immune system problems. The immune systems of people who have chronic fatigue syndrome appear to be impaired slightly, but it's unclear if this impairment is enough to actually cause the disorder
  • Hormonal imbalances. People who have chronic fatigue syndrome also sometimes experience abnormal blood levels of hormones produced in the hypothalamus, pituitary glands or adrenal glands. But the significance of these abnormalities is still unknown.
Guess what can cause finasteride on a long term use, i bet 50 bucks on it
The fact is, i really hope this is not finasteride, because i would likely have to stop it

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
31 and no i don't think i suffer from chronic fatigue, i see where you going to

Chronic fatigue can come from 3 major causes anyway
  • Viral infections. Because some people develop chronic fatigue syndrome after having a viral infection, researchers question whether some viruses might trigger the disorder. Suspicious viruses include Epstein-Barr virus, human herpes virus 6 and mouse leukemia viruses. No conclusive link has yet been found.
  • Immune system problems. The immune systems of people who have chronic fatigue syndrome appear to be impaired slightly, but it's unclear if this impairment is enough to actually cause the disorder
  • Hormonal imbalances. People who have chronic fatigue syndrome also sometimes experience abnormal blood levels of hormones produced in the hypothalamus, pituitary glands or adrenal glands. But the significance of these abnormalities is still unknown.
Guess what can cause finasteride on a long term use, i bet 50 bucks on it
The fact is, i really hope this is not finasteride, because i would likely have to stop it

https://www.myvmc.com/diseases/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

"this figure may be as high as 1-2% or 100-200 per 10 000 people."

https://www.everydayhealth.com/erectile-dysfunction/young-men-get-erectile-dysfunction-too.aspx

"But research has also found that 5 percent of those affected were between 20 and 39."

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point the 1% figure has little credibility.