DHT doesn't effect muscle?

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been browsing a lot of bodybuilding and steroid forums lately, and the consensus over there is that DHT is basically useless for building muscle, and that in the bodybuilding world, all that DHT based compounds such as proviron and andactrim are good for is hardening up i.e losing fat. Is this true?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you check their arguments and verify them, maybe post them here so we can try and evaluate?

shookwun

Reaction score
DHT has been said to play a role in strength, and having hardening factors associated with the muscle. I do believe that the hardening presence within the muscle is a myth, and is the result of shedding excess body weight, and water retention that causes the muscle to feel firm.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plays a role in muscle hardness and weight loss. I used Andractim (DHT gel) very briefly and noticed ridiculous definition after a gym session. Spose DHT is good for muscle aesthetics. Test is your boy for actual muscle gains.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hairloss in men, believe it or not, is one of the final stages in men of puberty.

That's right... the same hormones and chemicals that give you your pube and chest hair are the SAME hormones that trigger your hair loss later in life.

That being said, any supplement that you hear reviewers saying that "young people should not take because it could disrupt puberty-related development" is a supplement that you should not take in THIS stage of life, as it could affect male pattern baldness hairloss on the tail end of puberty.

shookwun

Reaction score
Embrace your DHT.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Such an awful hormone. f*** it!

eQ84e6Y.png

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride increases Test (wat do ya think happens to the inhibited enzyme that converts T to DHT(off) so u retain more T in system )= more muscle mass

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah haha, f*** dht lol.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, in a nut shell. Useless hormone post puberty despite Fred's assertions that the extra DHT he possesses over us finasteride cuck eunuchs has made him what he is today. Muscular meathead, more energy and strength, chiselled, vibrant, no brain fog and clarity of thought. Sounds a load of bro science to me. I get the point about embracing what we have but this is too much.

Useless hormone post puberty ? Yeah nature pretty much works that way, a lot of useless things in the body, look at HGH

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a side note, finasteride doesn't target DHT, it targets 5-alpha reductase and thus affects a large number of hormones in the skin, in the blood, in the cerebrospinal fluid, etc. From wikipedia:
To prove the safety of finasteride, you need to show that every single one of those hormones is irrelevant long-term.

Hint: That's not happening, almost certainly because it's not the case.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plays a role in muscle hardness and weight loss. I used Andractim (DHT gel) very briefly and noticed ridiculous definition after a gym session. Spose DHT is good for muscle aesthetics. Test is your boy for actual muscle gains.

Why did you use a DHT gel?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Useless hormone post puberty ? Yeah nature pretty much works that way, a lot of useless things in the body, look at HGH

It almost certainly means that scientists have simply not discovered the use yet.

Do you know about junk DNA? It's called junk DNA because back in the 1990s scientists had not yet discovered the use. Because of that, they assumed that it had no use, and thus it was junk.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It almost certainly means that scientists have simply not discovered the use yet.

Do you know about junk DNA? It's called junk DNA because back in the 1990s scientists had not yet discovered the use. Because of that, they assumed that it had no use, and thus it was junk.

Yep that was my point, saying that a body hormone is useless...i've heard enough

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is not that easy
me too i used to believe that dht is a trash hormone and i dind't needed it
however it play a crucila role to keep oestrogen at bay
in a low DHT environment you can get gyno quite easily .

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm from a medical background and the jury is out whether DHT is needed post puberty. Maybe has a minor role for certain factors, especially in individuals with not ideal genetic/physiology predisposition. Studies show it's safe and I've had no sides all these years. You can't go by nature always otherwise why you could say being bald has a use which has been hypothesised.

I agree being bald is counter nature, hair have a purpose, especially on the head, and nature can have glitches, but body producing an hormone the entire life as also a purpose, HGH is a perfect example of a body hormone needed only for puberty, once puberty is done, the body stops naturally producing it.DHT role's in body has not yet been fully identified.
An example is that androgens are needed for lacrimal glands regulation.Aging males with low androgens are prone to develop dry eye syndrome resulting of irreversible lacrimal glands damages due to low androgens (DHT especially, and btw dry eye syndrome is mentionned in finasteride adverse effects)

It's just the term 'useless' that bothers me here, we have androgen receptors in many body organs